Author Topic: TAR 32; WHEN will it air?? FALL 2020 +(Emmy SPEC HERE PLEASE)  (Read 33725 times)

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 32; WHEN will it air??
« Reply #125 on: March 07, 2020, 01:22:57 AM »
IF/when TAR 33 is in the can and looks promising....

It could possibly air in March...

Otherwise likely summertime.

Oh i miss this one, so S32 will be on summer eh?
playing outside all day long, and then watch the amazing race in evening
oh summer how can i not love u
on the other hand, who's the idiot who invent rainy season in the first place?

Farmers.

Anyway, I wonder if TAR is "the spare one" to Survivor and Big Brother just like how Harry & Meghan is "the spare one" to Will & Kate?
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Reply #126 on: March 07, 2020, 01:42:48 AM »
Farmers.

Anyway, I wonder if TAR is "the spare one" to Survivor and Big Brother just like how Harry & Meghan is "the spare one" to Will & Kate?

Those farmers, i hate them and despise the rain they invented
the spare one?
well S30 & S31 show us those wretc*** teams from BB, i feel like TAR now just like BB sideshow
if u cant win BB dont give them second change on TAR, give them on another season on BB
now we can only hope twinnie win winners at war to show the world TAR is not just some kind of sideshow
Swarm stupidity

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #127 on: March 20, 2020, 11:13:42 PM »
If the restrictions due to the Coronavirus last into the summer, CBS may decide to hold TAR32 for a Fall slot as scripted shows may not be able to restart production in time to have episodes ready.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #128 on: March 21, 2020, 02:00:04 AM »
If the restrictions due to the Coronavirus last into the summer, CBS may decide to hold TAR32 for a Fall slot as scripted shows may not be able to restart production in time to have episodes ready.

So how long this would effect?

Online redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #129 on: March 25, 2020, 09:06:56 AM »
With production on Survivor 41/42 being delayed and the chance of BB22 being pushed back as well, I would be shocked if TAR 32 is not put in to fill some openings later this spring or summer.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 09:23:04 AM by redwings8831 »

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #130 on: March 25, 2020, 09:22:31 AM »
Well, this would be a great time :P

No worries about Covid-19. It's in the can ready to go. Probably once CBS starts running out of their supply of other reality.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #131 on: March 25, 2020, 09:32:06 AM »
If the networks will still announce fall lineups in May, they wouldn't have a guarantee Survivor 41 would be able to begin production at the end of the May as they hope. CBS may decide to put TAR32 on Wednesdays at 8pm in the fall instead of taking the risk waiting on Survivor since they will need a definitive schedule to sell to advertisers over the summer.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #132 on: March 25, 2020, 11:10:48 AM »
If the networks will still announce fall lineups in May, they wouldn't have a guarantee Survivor 41 would be able to begin production at the end of the May as they hope. CBS may decide to put TAR32 on Wednesdays at 8pm in the fall instead of taking the risk waiting on Survivor since they will need a definitive schedule to sell to advertisers over the summer.

At least Love Island is already put on the summer schedule. Hopefully TAR 32 will announce for a summer lineup.

Online redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #133 on: March 25, 2020, 12:04:10 PM »
At least Love Island is already put on the summer schedule. Hopefully TAR 32 will announce for a summer lineup.

If they aren't able to film Big Brother during the typical summer slot they won't be able to film Love Island either. I think there is going to be a lot of blanks in the May-September months that CBS is going to have fill with something.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #134 on: March 25, 2020, 12:54:47 PM »
Unless Love Island.was completely film in advance, they wouldn’t make the summer schedule. But I’ve seen nothing about that show one way or the other.
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #135 on: March 25, 2020, 03:05:02 PM »
I think we had heard way back from a post (Phil?) someone made that they were planning for May.

That remains a possibility  of course. Could very well happen.

But honestly?

It all depends on what CBS needs for their lineup. They will put us when and where it fits best.

Now that we do not have another backup race  "in the can " ready to go they might prefer to save it for Fall.

But good things will come to those who wait!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Reply #136 on: March 26, 2020, 04:03:40 AM »
May?
wait but S31 is on april
Swarm stupidity

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #137 on: March 26, 2020, 11:37:29 AM »
I feel like, unfortunately, as long as the virus is still spreading, we won't be seeing TAR on the airwaves until the hunker-down orders have been lifted, and even then, a couple weeks after to allow everyone to resettle into their new normal. Predicting a specific month right now runs the risk of airing the show during a possibly critical time, and will leave CBS and the show with poor taste in people's mouths. I don't want season 32 to be remembered as the cycle that news coverage and everyday Americans ruin by bashing it under these strange circumstances. TAR received overexposure with media during the season 33 cancellation with praise for being considerate. Let's not trend just to top that and Claire's watermelon launch with this inconsiderate move. Not when officials have put a limit on air travel and to social distance. Heck, CBS is also airing these end title cards stating to use good hygiene and stay away from public gathering at the end of each primetime rerun. Making a move to put TAR32 on the air so soon will deter everything they have spoken of to heed the public and themselves. And we all know CBS always protects ViacomCBS. We don't know if things will start clearing up by Easter as the president projected. There's so much real stuff going on among everyone that I don't think scheduling a travel competition on broadcast TV will be in the network's best interest at this moment.

TAR is mainly air travel. We don't need people freaking out about this more than they yelled about the Hanoi visit back in season 22. :duno:
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Pi

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #138 on: March 26, 2020, 12:41:33 PM »
It's possible CBS could put a disclaimer before each episode saying that the episode was filmed before the outbreak began. Still, it may not be the right time to put the show on air for several months.
“We inhabit a complex world. Some boundaries are sharp... but nature also includes continua that cannot be neatly parceled into two piles of unambiguous yeses and noes.” - S. J. Gould

“If you don't accept others who are different, it means nothing that you've learned calculus.” - Shirley Chisholm

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #139 on: March 26, 2020, 02:06:31 PM »
Good point, Rachel. Didn't think of it that way.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #140 on: March 26, 2020, 03:46:56 PM »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #141 on: March 26, 2020, 04:52:19 PM »
I feel like, unfortunately, as long as the virus is still spreading, we won't be seeing TAR on the airwaves until the hunker-down orders have been lifted, and even then, a couple weeks after to allow everyone to resettle into their new normal. Predicting a specific month right now runs the risk of airing the show during a possibly critical time, and will leave CBS and the show with poor taste in people's mouths. I don't want season 32 to be remembered as the cycle that news coverage and everyday Americans ruin by bashing it under these strange circumstances. TAR received overexposure with media during the season 33 cancellation with praise for being considerate. Let's not trend just to top that and Claire's watermelon launch with this inconsiderate move. Not when officials have put a limit on air travel and to social distance. Heck, CBS is also airing these end title cards stating to use good hygiene and stay away from public gathering at the end of each primetime rerun. Making a move to put TAR32 on the air so soon will deter everything they have spoken of to heed the public and themselves. And we all know CBS always protects ViacomCBS. We don't know if things will start clearing up by Easter as the president projected. There's so much real stuff going on among everyone that I don't think scheduling a travel competition on broadcast TV will be in the network's best interest at this moment.

TAR is mainly air travel. We don't need people freaking out about this more than they yelled about the Hanoi visit back in season 22. :duno:

Would people in the US really kick up a fuss? I mean I understand but surely people would get it was filmed ages ago and its just a competition show not trying to mock or even show light to the virus.
Although in England were quite blasé about these sorts of things  :duno:

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #142 on: March 26, 2020, 05:35:03 PM »

Would people in the US really kick up a fuss? I mean I understand but surely people would get it was filmed ages ago and its just a competition show not trying to mock or even show light to the virus.
People here are generally more media-sensitive, and even more so now that everyone is at home scared because we just surged pass 80,000 confirmed cases. Promoting TAR during this time would bring bad publicity to CBS when Americans are still desperate for more information about air travel restrictions, testing sites, availability of hospital care, looking for a new job (over 3.3 million people filed for unemployment this week), social work, anything that helps alleviate people's stressors while resources are insufficient. TAR, as much as I would like the show to be aired as soon as possible, isn't in the best interest to flaunt on primetime to compete against news coverage of the virus simply because it's doing the exact opposite of the government's disease prevention etiquette.
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #143 on: March 26, 2020, 05:47:29 PM »
I think they should air the show right about now! Because many people are at home, the show will receive high ratings, which CBS gives the green light to Seasons 33 & 34 being produced after the coronavirus 'flats the curve'!

Airing the show in the same slot as when Survivor 40 finishes, would be pretty cool!

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #144 on: March 27, 2020, 06:07:18 AM »
Anyone who read about what happened when TAR 22 aired an episode about visiting Vietnam would know how this will bring out. The scrutiny will be too much.
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #145 on: March 27, 2020, 09:57:50 AM »
Actually I think whatever works for  CBS will work for us. But having watch parties and all is a big part of the joy of this especially for the racers. So part of me says wait. 
But what I would love instead is a rerun of some of our first shows......WITH production commentary. That would be blockbuster and easily fill up some of the holes in their schedule.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #146 on: March 27, 2020, 06:53:54 PM »
Actually I think whatever works for  CBS will work for us. But having watch parties and all is a big part of the joy of this especially for the racers. So part of me says wait. 
But what I would love instead is a rerun of some of our first shows......WITH production commentary. That would be blockbuster and easily fill up some of the holes in their schedule.
That would be an awesome TV film that I could get behind! :tup: We've had Phil's Diary before for seasons 13 and 18. Imagine "The Amazing Race: The Only Show to Visit 91 Countries" with various past teams, Bertram and Elise, Phil, the sound engineer, etc. all reliving their experiences.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #147 on: March 27, 2020, 11:37:23 PM »
I’d welcome CBS licensing some seasons of the regional formats of TAR.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Malcooolm

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Ladies and gentleman...Miss California!
« Reply #148 on: April 02, 2020, 03:24:04 PM »

People in the US like to kick up fusses.
Love, an unapologetic Lisa & Michelle stan

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #149 on: April 02, 2020, 06:36:51 PM »
Well, in all fairness, I think we can't really compare someone's emotional response to the Vietnam War to the unprecedented crisis we're in now.

People are looking for entertainment programs as they remain at home. They're even watching movies about pandemics and the like.
I doubt people are going to be clamoring to travel or leave their homes just because they see an episode of The Amazing Race. Or that The Amazing Race would somehow be offensive or insensitive at this time.

Can't compare other countries to the US, but Pekin Express and Race Across the World are still airing. Pekin Express still dominating social media too (something TAR can only dream of).