Author Topic: TAR 32 Pre-Race MEDIA  (Read 69474 times)

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
TAR 32 Pre-Race MEDIA
« on: July 07, 2018, 04:51:28 PM »
Andy Dehnart at Reality Blurred has posted some information about the current plans for casting and filming TAR 32 which apparently will be happening before the end of this year, probably in November.  It also appears that the plan is to have a traditional cast of people new to the show and not any returning people or people from other reality shows. Yay!  :jumpy:

https://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/2018/07/amazing-race-32-casting-teams-lynne-spillman/

Amazing Race 32 casting teams of two—and Lynne Spillman is involved

by Andy Dehnart 6 Jul. 2018 | 8:19 pm

The Amazing Race 32 is now casting, with finals scheduled for the end of this month. The show just concluded filming season 31 on July 3 in Detroit, and will film season 32 in November, a return to its typical production cycle.

The casting has been advertised by the show’s long-time casting director, Lynne Spiegel Spillman, which is notable only because she was recently fired from casting Survivor. She had cast both CBS competition shows since their first seasons, and appears to be continuing with Amazing Race despite whatever happened with Survivor.

While TAR 31’s cast consists entirely CBS reality star pairs, the show appears to be returning to a typical season of regular players for TAR 32.

The Amazing Race’s casting website says specifically that the show wants people with pre-existing relationships:

We are looking for a Teams of two! You must have a pre-existing relationship with the person. If you are not familiar with the show, please go to CBS.com and become familiar with the show.

Typically we choose teams that have known each other a minimum of one year. We choose relationships that are “relatable”. For your best chance of getting on the show, please refer to past seasons 1-30.

DO NOT APPLY IF YOU CAN NOT TAKE OFF WORK TO FILM THE SHOW!

Anyone age 21 and up can apply with a teammate.

The casting site’s FAQ refers to season 31 in its answers. For example, it says, “The filming dates for the season we are casting are sometime between May 30th and June 30th 2018, for approximately 25-30 days.”

The TAR 32 casting notice on Instagram

Casting director Lynne Spillman posted about this on Instragram this week, and in one of the comments, said that finals casting will be later this month followed by production in November.

Several past CBS and non-CBS reality show contestants responded to that post on Instagram and suggested themselves for the cast.

That included Jessica “Sugar” Kiper, who came in third on Survivor Gabon, who wrote, “My husband and I would be perfect, except, by the end of traveling for the first 24 hours, we’d be threatening divorce… but that’s probably good tv.”

American Grit season two competitor Michael Morgan posted “You willing to give two American Grit competitors a chance?” and added “our contracts are null and void! We definitely played Grit with strategy, skill and determination.”
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 09:45:55 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Some early information about TAR 32
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2018, 05:11:19 PM »
Has 32 actually been greenlighted? Got a hunch the ratings for 31 could be pretty volatile because a lot of the BB and Survivor fans will only stick around as long as their favourite team does. And at the same time, a lot of the loyals may avoid the season because of this.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 05:14:56 PM by Maanca »

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2018, 05:40:01 PM »
Pretty sure that they "looked for teams of two" last 4 seasons too, and we all know what happened.

I really hope this is finally "normal" season again, without cast gimmick.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2018, 06:03:42 PM »
Has 32 actually been greenlighted? Got a hunch the ratings for 31 could be pretty volatile because a lot of the BB and Survivor fans will only stick around as long as their favourite team does. And at the same time, a lot of the loyals may avoid the season because of this.
I would interpret Lynnw Spellman's IG Post as an pretty strong indication that season 32 has in fact been greenlighted. Phil said in interviews in the spring that he expect filming of two seasons this year (June and December) and noted the support of the current CBS network president who got TAR that Wednesday at 8pm timeslot, and is enthusiastic about the show. And Phil is totally aware of the fanbase demand for a normal casted season without stunt casting of "normal people doing extraordinary things." I also see this as a possible scheduling decision to alternate Survivor-TAR-Survivor-TAR in that time slot.
-- theschnauzers

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2018, 06:09:40 PM »
I'm not buying the all new normal people until it actually happens

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2018, 06:55:11 PM »
It's about time we got normal, everyday, Americans!  :conf: :cheer: :woohoo:

Filming in November.... Interesting!

But hey, 2 filming's per year and a NEW season of TAR, is everything we want!  :conf: :cheer: :woohoo:

Offline Cyzoran

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2018, 06:57:40 PM »
Submitting my application on Monday! Hope to hear something back!
“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.”

Gra1162

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2018, 06:58:28 PM »
This is great news :hearts: about time we get a normal cast

Fliming near my birthday  :cheer: :hearts:

2 Fliming per year awesome  :woohoo:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2018, 07:21:42 PM »
There is pretty much always one official "green light" and one unofficial so that scouting can begin.

Any public news about 32 is a very clear sign indeed!

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2018, 07:25:22 PM »
Peach, can you start a TAR 32 Speculation thread, we can speculate on this new upcoming season?

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2018, 07:38:36 PM »
So people can post wishlists for.months?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2018, 08:05:11 PM »
Peach, can you start a TAR 32 Speculation thread, we can speculate on this new upcoming season?
Other than the news media, there is nothing to speculate on.

Newbies and Filming dates appear accurate. So for now I think we'll hold off.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline jb542

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2018, 08:38:41 PM »
I know it's REALLY early but I was thinking they might air 31 in the Winter like 30 did and have 32 air in the summer. It would be good for CBS because their Summer shows do horrible except for BB. TAR could easier air in the summer with BB. Obviously nothing is confirmed yet. The timing would be weird to have them do 31 in January then air 32 right after in the Spring

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2018, 08:57:01 PM »
I don't believe two seasons of AR per year would be unlikely that has no vacancy between Survivor seasons.

Offline FFGCSDT

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2018, 10:00:45 PM »
I know it's REALLY early but I was thinking they might air 31 in the Winter like 30 did and have 32 air in the summer. It would be good for CBS because their Summer shows do horrible except for BB. TAR could easier air in the summer with BB. Obviously nothing is confirmed yet. The timing would be weird to have them do 31 in January then air 32 right after in the Spring

Im holding out hope that they will replace a show this fall with tar31 and then tar32 can air in February. Back to the normal schedule

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: TAR 32 Pre-Race MEDIA
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2018, 10:42:58 PM »
I'm taking this news with a sizable grain of salt, but it still leaves me very hopeful. How crazy would it be to have 2 seasons in the can by Thanksgiving to look forward to.

I agree with the poster who said the most logical scenario would be for 32 to air summer 2019, assuming 31 gets the same Jan/Feb slot as 30, perhaps paired up with BB next summer. Networks are getting more bullish about having original programming in the summer and TAR is likely still cheaper than dramatic programming. Here's hoping for a regular season of ordinary people. Like others, I'll believe it when I see it.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2018, 11:29:14 PM »
TAR would love to have 2 in the can ready to go. If there is no opp to get onto the fall schedule, then they can actually CHOSE which season to air first. 31 or 32...they'll have TWO to chose from and airing order could turn out differently from filming order. Just saying....

I think they are bound to be excited about 31...but will CBS see that as enough to give us a shot at any cancellations and take a fall space?? :duno:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2018, 03:37:39 AM »
Don't they always start planning routes and accepting applications even before getting the official greenlight (of the 1 season) from CBS anyway? Just so they have everything ready to go since logistics for TAR are certainly much different than other shows and the time saved by getting things that they can ready ahead of time will help.

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2018, 04:45:05 AM »
Filming in November this year!  :conf: :cheer: :luvya: :clap2: :tup:  :woohoo: :hfive:

Offline Hysha

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • TAR - Survivor - BB - Pekín Express <3
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2018, 05:26:50 AM »
Well, it looks good right now, because it seems they are looking for normal people with a long pre-existing relationship, and it that would be awesome. Now just cast people from all ages, kind of lifes and races and it would be awesome, like the firsts seasons.

The bad thing is that they say the same thing every past season and we saw how it ended... lol
#TeamWentworth
Kelley/Ciera/Abi/Kass goddesses

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2018, 06:16:33 AM »
Trying not to get riled up by this, but I'm experiencing secondhand excitement! I just hope they cast contestants like TARCan or TARAus (TARAus 4 hype?) and not just stereotypical dudebros and dating/married couples.

Gra1162

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2018, 06:39:43 AM »
not just stereotypical dudebros and dating/married couples.
Unless they bring karma and not be so kissy

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2018, 09:16:57 AM »
It would definitely be awesome for TAR to be back on twice a year and alternating the Wednesday 8 PM slot would make sense.

Side note: I'm also happy that Lynne is still with TAR.

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2018, 11:18:44 AM »
So long as TAR is continuing, I won't be bothered by whatever gimmick they wish to use.

Hopefully another one or two new countries. There are still numerous safe countries out there that can be featured.

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2018, 11:35:34 AM »
So long as TAR is continuing, I won't be bothered by whatever gimmick they wish to use.