Author Topic: TAR 31: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!  (Read 582789 times)

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
Re: TAR 31: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!
« Reply #1575 on: June 24, 2018, 12:05:30 PM »
Keep in mind, each team has a camera crew, production staff and security are there, and so there's more than just the teams around. And if all the remaining teams are at an airport or a train station at the same time, all those other people will be there too.
-- theschnauzers

Offline BBFan86

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1576 on: June 24, 2018, 12:10:02 PM »
I do think it's strange the Uganda source said he saw Rachel but didnt mention Elissa also he was blocked from taking a pic of Rachel. Is he the same source that said there were 2 teams that left earlier? If so wouldn't he say that Rachel & Elissa were one of those 2 teams? When did he spot Rachel? Was she in the proximity of the other teams? & How does he know there were 2 teams that left earlier but doesn't know which teams? What if the 2 teams that left early were actually going to sequester.  Now I'm rambling and going in circles...Sorry.

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1577 on: June 24, 2018, 12:12:33 PM »
I'm speculating on 3 things. One is that Rachel & Elissa are eliminated (which I hope not) because our contact in Uganda could not get a picture of them. Why was he able to take pictures freely with the others especially Tyler & Korey and Becca & Floyd. Maybe because, the production did not want him to get a "scoop" that Rachel & Elissa might have been eliminated. What are the odds of striking a conversation with them, it is possible and production are taking a precautionary measure to avoid spoilers. The second one, is Rachel & Elissa just have a strict production/crew with them and they would not allow pictures to be taken. I don't know if that is far fetched.... The third is because Leo & Jamal are eliminated because they were not seen but then again, they flew under the radar and just popped out of nowhere in Dubai heading to Uganda when they where speculated to be eliminated in Laos.

Janelle & Britney's sighting also adds to the confusion. Are they still in it or not???

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #1578 on: June 24, 2018, 12:13:24 PM »
I think we're starting to get into the same mess that was happening during Vietnam/Dubai. Taking what little information we have and twisting it or interpreting it to fit whatever outcome we want and hope for. Which then starts to muddy and confuse already established, even confirmed evidence.

Offline rainbowkitten

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1579 on: June 24, 2018, 12:14:47 PM »
I think we're starting to get into the same mess that was happening during Vietnam/Dubai. Taking what little information we have and twisting it or interpreting it to fit whatever outcome we want and hope for. Which then starts to muddy and confuse already established, even confirmed evidence.

I agree with this. At this point, I think it might be best just to cool off and wait for sightings to happen in Switzerland.

Offline Joberio

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO AMY & MAYA, WINNERS OF TAR25!
« Reply #1580 on: June 24, 2018, 12:16:35 PM »
I do think it's strange the Uganda source said he saw Rachel but didnt mention Elissa also he was blocked from taking a pic of Rachel. Is he the same source that said there were 2 teams that left earlier? If so wouldn't he say that Rachel & Elissa were one of those 2 teams? When did he spot Rachel? Was she in the proximity of the other teams? & How does he know there were 2 teams that left earlier but doesn't know which teams? What if the 2 teams that left early were actually going to sequester.  Now I'm rambling and going in circles...Sorry.
I'm speculating on 3 things. One is that Rachel & Elissa are eliminated (which I hope not) because our contact in Uganda could not get a picture of them. Why was he able to take pictures freely with the others especially Tyler & Korey and Becca & Floyd. Maybe because, the production did not want him to get a "scoop" that Rachel & Elissa might have been eliminated. What are the odds of striking a conversation with them, it is possible and production are taking a precautionary measure to avoid spoilers. The second one, is Rachel & Elissa just have a strict production/crew with them and they would not allow pictures to be taken. The third is because Leo & Jamal are eliminated but then again, they flew under the radar and just popped out of nowhere in Dubai heading to Uganda when they where speculated to be eliminated in Laos.
OMG, people!  STOOOOOOOOP! :groan:

Rachel & Elissa are in.  If dryedmangoez and whoever knows this Iga Phillip and believes his word, then his word can be trusted.  Britney & Janelle are also in.  They wouldn't have had their packs with them if they were going to sequester.  They'd have checked them in by that point.  It's that simple.

Offline Headhunter

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1581 on: June 24, 2018, 12:19:32 PM »
Well I guess it's settled then. Until there is photographic evidence of Rachel and Elissa in Switzerland or beyond, they are not confirmed to have survived Uganda.

Offline Labellious

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1582 on: June 24, 2018, 12:21:03 PM »
I think the only thing we can say for certain up until this point is:

Safe through Uganda:
Bret & Chris
Colin & Christie
Nicole & Victor
Tyler & Korey
Team Fun

All of these teams were seen TOGETHER at some point and I don't think they allow eliminated teams mingle with teams that are still racing!

At risk until we get more information are still:
Leo & Jamal
Rachel & Elissa
Janelle & Britney

I'm hoping a European country like Switzerland will net us some more concrete evidence about who is left and what they are doing!

Offline Joberio

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1583 on: June 24, 2018, 12:23:51 PM »
OMG.  Everything's been laid out plainly and simply, everybody.  Why must you all proceed to overthink and overcomplicate it?

Offline rainbowkitten

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1584 on: June 24, 2018, 12:24:50 PM »
I agree with Joberio's assessment, but I do have one question. Why are teams assumed not to want to keep their packs with them on their way to sequester considering it does have their personal things in it?

Offline Mhillstrom

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1585 on: June 24, 2018, 12:34:46 PM »
I'm hoping a European country like Switzerland will net us some more concrete evidence about who is left and what they are doing!

I have been scouring instagram and so far nothing... Sigh I used #TheAmazingRace, #TAR, #Grindelwald, #EigerGletscher.  I did see something that looked interesting and I sent the link to Peach to review.  BTW, if you have not seen any pics of Grindelwald you should check it out... Breathtaking!

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #1586 on: June 24, 2018, 12:37:18 PM »
Eliminated teams may well have checked their backpacks in as luggage, also, IIRC, teams prepare a second bag of clothing for sequester that they get once they are in sequester.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Winteriscoming

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1587 on: June 24, 2018, 12:57:12 PM »
Wasn't there a picture of Cedric or Shawn last season taken after he was eliminated on a bus somewhere while he was supposed to be in sequester? 

Although the fact the Brit/Janelle both have their backpacks on, and their passports out and in hand make me think they were still in the race (at least when this photo was taken)..  They seem to ready to go to not still be racing

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1588 on: June 24, 2018, 01:00:06 PM »
Yes, it was on a  bus in Rome

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #1589 on: June 24, 2018, 01:08:06 PM »
Rachel & Elissa are in.  If dryedmangoez and whoever knows this Iga Phillip and believes his word, then his word can be trusted.  Britney & Janelle are also in.  They wouldn't have had their packs with them if they were going to sequester.  They'd have checked them in by that point.  It's that simple.
I just want to say, I don't know Iga Phillip personally, but do know he's a TAR fan and I remember his tweets even being discussed here on RFF in the past when talking about different ideas for challenges and tasks, etc. So I can trust his word as far as someone who follows and enjoys TAR, follows spoilers and would have no reason to lie or make stuff up.

That said, airport pictures can't even be taken as 100% proof of a team's safety anymore. As evidenced by the Siem Reap group photo. So all this dissecting of what little information we have has actually seemed to have negative effects instead of being helpful.

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #1590 on: June 24, 2018, 01:08:34 PM »

OMG.  Everything's been laid out plainly and simply, everybody.  Why must you all proceed to overthink and overcomplicate it?

Just my two cents, but I think all of these speculations happen because of the teams are familiar to all of us and they have a fanbase of their own before the race began. I'm 100% sure that IF the racers are ordinary people, this mayhem won't happen.

Many of us here that are a fan of a specific team don't want to believe that the team they're rooting for are eliminated unless there's a sighting of every team racing and the team they're rooting are not there. And for that sake, all we have to do is believing that the other team that they're not rooting for are eliminated and the team they're rooting is safe. We can't conclude anything from the fact that someone was blocked to take a photo of Rachel means that Rachel & Elissa are eliminated. Having a strict production team around them is also possible. Why they blocked someone else to take a photo of the team? Because it's their job to do so.

IIRC, the production crew like cameramen are switching teams that they follow every leg (can someone tell me if it's correct or not). So maybe Rachel & Elissa this time get this strict production. Maybe in the future, another team (let's say Team A) will get this production as well and maybe some of us will also think that they're eliminated as well because the production won't let any pictures of Team A are taken.

One question, maybe I missed reading about this, but was Rachel & Elissa sighting are around the same time as the other teams sighting at the airport? Because I'm not that sure about teams still in race are going to the next location and the team that was eliminated are in the airport within the same period of time. Or probably it had happened before?
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline arsy80

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #1591 on: June 24, 2018, 01:16:36 PM »
Poster confirmed the photo was taken of Brit and Janelle in Uganda and that the women were on the same flight to Amsterdam

Offline Katie_TVFan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1592 on: June 24, 2018, 01:17:36 PM »
Tried to post a screen record so hopefully this works instead.

https://instagram.com/p/Bkaqbt0Fjsu/

Pretty sure that is Becca jumping. Didn’t post in live yet since wasn’t completely sure but clothing and braids match so 99% sure :)

Offline Joberio

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1593 on: June 24, 2018, 01:18:10 PM »
Poster confirmed the photo was taken of Brit and Janelle in Uganda and that the women were on the same flight to Amsterdam
Same as the other teams?

Offline TeamVicoleFan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1594 on: June 24, 2018, 01:20:14 PM »
Did the other teams go to Amsterdam?  Could sequester be in Amsterdam?

Offline rainbowkitten

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1595 on: June 24, 2018, 01:21:50 PM »
It'd seem odd to me to go as far north as Amsterdam to connect to a much more southern country of Switzerland, so I think Amsterdam might be sequester.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #1596 on: June 24, 2018, 01:22:33 PM »
The timeline shows teams flew into Zurich and then train to Grindelwald.

ETA: But there's no direct flight from EBB to Zurich. Was the connecting city found out or not?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 01:27:38 PM by dryedmangoez »

Offline arsy80

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #1597 on: June 24, 2018, 01:24:10 PM »
When I looked at her tweet replies, she didn’t mention anyone else. It looks like they are in the gate bridge waiting to board in the picture so it would make sense that the poster said the picture was taken in Uganda before flying to Amsterdam.

Offline Labellious

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1598 on: June 24, 2018, 01:24:35 PM »
Tried to post a screen record so hopefully this works instead.

https://instagram.com/p/Bkaqbt0Fjsu/

Pretty sure that is Becca jumping. Didn’t post in live yet since wasn’t completely sure but clothing and braids match so 99% sure :)

That's 100% Becca! The braids are a giveaway and she's wearing the same orange shirt she was pictured wearing with Christie on the train =)

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #1599 on: June 24, 2018, 01:25:44 PM »
On June 23, a KLM flight departed EBB for Amsterdam at 11:35pm. (Daily flight at the same time) So the dark/night photo of them boarding the plane would fit with that departure time.