Author Topic: TAR 31: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!  (Read 584552 times)

Offline PikaBelleChu

• RFF Sr. Member
  • "Pika-Pika-pi? Pika!"
Re: TAR 31: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!
« Reply #1375 on: June 22, 2018, 08:07:42 PM »
Possible African countries could include South Africa, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Angola and Namibia.

South Africa is probably the most logical choice!

I agree with a leg in South Africa or Namibia. what if they stayed in Uganda for another leg or just go to Kenya for a full leg and a pitstop? I highly doubt  they'll visit Angola.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1376 on: June 22, 2018, 08:56:35 PM »
They could also just go to Rwanda which is an hour long flight or short bus ride away...or they could just run the leg regardless?  :duno: We don't even know where in Uganda they went (Kisoro, for instance, was and is sunny and would be a good spot for teams to find gorillas or other stuff) or how bad the rain is going to be or what they plan to do.

Offline LandonM170

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1377 on: June 22, 2018, 08:57:31 PM »
African countries I want to see back or visit for the 1st time

Kenya, South Africa, Angola, and Egypt.
Botswana was just visited for 2 legs in S22.
Namibia was just visited too for 2 legs in S26.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 09:03:33 PM by LandonM170 »

Offline Realityfan01

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1378 on: June 22, 2018, 09:38:45 PM »
I thought since this was an Amazing Race Vs Survivor Vs Big Brother season they would go places like Borneo, maybe Australia and they still go to Kenya for a throwback to Survivor 3 also I thought they would go to Netherlands cause that’s where Big Brother but that was just my opinion

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1379 on: June 22, 2018, 09:42:39 PM »
I would love a Kenya leg, especially after that TARCan visit that was cut by safety concerns last year. Nobody as of yet has ever done a full leg there. It's just around the lake, they could get to it easily.

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!
« Reply #1380 on: June 22, 2018, 09:56:50 PM »
A Kenya leg seems plausible, it is currently at a 2 right now, and so is Uganda. I do think if they were to do another African leg they will most likely go to these: Kenya, Rwanda, South Africa, Senegal, or eSwatini (Swaziland)

Offline PikaBelleChu

• RFF Sr. Member
  • "Pika-Pika-pi? Pika!"
« Reply #1381 on: June 22, 2018, 09:58:23 PM »
I would love a Kenya leg, especially after that TARCan visit that was cut by safety concerns last year. Nobody as of yet has ever done a full leg there. It's just around the lake, they could get to it easily.

Going by Leg 6, the nearest countries of Uganda are Rwanda and Kenya as well as Tanzania but Tanzania had been visited 2 seasons ago. So Kenya and Rwanda might be possible for Leg 7. Or they'll just have to stay in Uganda for another leg. I wanted to see Mozambique or South Africa soon.

Offline FFGCSDT

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1382 on: June 22, 2018, 09:59:30 PM »
I thought since this was an Amazing Race Vs Survivor Vs Big Brother season they would go places like Borneo, maybe Australia and they still go to Kenya for a throwback to Survivor 3 also I thought they would go to Netherlands cause that’s where Big Brother but that was just my opinion

Idk why people assumed they would do throwbacks to Survivor or Big Brother just because people from those shows are on the show.....

Offline Joberio

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO AMY & MAYA, WINNERS OF TAR25!
« Reply #1383 on: June 22, 2018, 10:04:20 PM »

Idk why people assumed they would do throwbacks to Survivor or Big Brother just because people from those shows are on the show.....
Right?  And besides, they planned the route out first before they did the casting.  The route planners are a separate team from the casting team.  They didn't even know that there would be a TAR vs. Survivor vs. BB season.  They probably thought it was another regular, normal season and thus planned accordingly.

Offline PikaBelleChu

• RFF Sr. Member
  • "Pika-Pika-pi? Pika!"
« Reply #1384 on: June 22, 2018, 10:09:27 PM »

Right?  And besides, they planned the route out first before they did the casting.  The route planners are a separate team from the casting team.  They didn't even know that there would be a TAR vs. Survivor vs. BB season.  They probably thought it was another regular, normal season and thus planned accordingly.
Oddly enough, maybe they don't want to visit the places the Big Brother and Survivor were filmed in? If possible, then we can have at least 2 legs that has to do any places with Big Brother and Survivor. What if there's a slight chance that teams maybe visiting Canary Islands?

Gra1162

« Reply #1385 on: June 22, 2018, 10:16:37 PM »

Oddly enough, maybe they don't want to visit the places the Big Brother and Survivor were filmed in? If possible, then we can have at least 2 legs that has to do any places with Big Brother and Survivor. What if there's a slight chance that teams maybe visiting Canary Islands?
There is a slight chance where they will go to Kenya or Gabon

Offline Realityfan01

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1386 on: June 22, 2018, 10:28:17 PM »

Oh okay I just learned something new , cause I didn’t know they did the route before casting

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1387 on: June 22, 2018, 11:00:18 PM »
Ahem. Hate to interrupt the fun...but PLEASE Stay on topic...which is discussion of SPOILERS.

Not wishlists. Not Fantasy routes. Not incorrect info. SPOILER DISCUSSION.

There is a LOT of presentation of routes , legs, Definitive statements etc upstream that are presented as fact when they are definitely NOT and are often purely incorrect.. So be sure that you use "I think", "in my opinion", "perhaps" so that people don't get confused by what is essentially either untrue or unproven info.

Any serious discussion of the SPOILERS is welcomed.

Thanks!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ezione

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1388 on: June 22, 2018, 11:10:46 PM »
7:09 In Uganda right now.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 11:19:40 PM by ezione »

Online DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1389 on: June 22, 2018, 11:16:29 PM »
Unless they do a second leg in Uganda

I’d also keep an eye on Kampala and Entebbe too

Gra1162

« Reply #1390 on: June 22, 2018, 11:31:07 PM »
they may do two legs in the bush/wildlife places though

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1391 on: June 22, 2018, 11:38:38 PM »
Unlike the Malawi double or the Botswana/Namibia revisits, a.k.a. the other recent trips to Africa on westward courses, both these Uganda legs will probably be eliminations.

Offline ghmorello

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1392 on: June 22, 2018, 11:48:48 PM »
Anyone expecting references to the Ugandan Knuckles meme?

Offline PikaBelleChu

• RFF Sr. Member
  • "Pika-Pika-pi? Pika!"
« Reply #1393 on: June 23, 2018, 12:00:06 AM »
What if the teams head somewhere outside of Kampala? a slight chance if there's some Ugandan wildlife safari and game reserves or national parks.

Offline PikaBelleChu

• RFF Sr. Member
  • "Pika-Pika-pi? Pika!"
« Reply #1394 on: June 23, 2018, 12:03:39 AM »
Unlike the Malawi double or the Botswana/Namibia revisits, a.k.a. the other recent trips to Africa on westward courses, both these Uganda legs will probably be eliminations.

I recall a Morocco double legs with each were eliminations. That was S25.

Offline Joberio

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO AMY & MAYA, WINNERS OF TAR25!
« Reply #1395 on: June 23, 2018, 12:10:46 AM »

I recall a Morocco double legs with each were eliminations. That was S25.
Burkina Faso also had two eliminations.  TAR12.

Anyway, I still think that we have a second leg in Uganda coming up.  I see no way to easily get to another country other than flying again, and they'd surely be seen at its airport if that were the case.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #1396 on: June 23, 2018, 12:24:30 AM »
Regarding flights, in earlier seasons, production often used Ryan Air to charter flights to major airports in sub-Saharan or southern Africa. If the company is still around and operates in Uganda, that might be another option out of the country.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Rgm888

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1397 on: June 23, 2018, 12:46:38 AM »
Question for clarification.. did they not run a leg in Uganda because of the weather and now we may get no Uganda leg? Was unsure from reading the comments

Online DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1398 on: June 23, 2018, 01:20:36 AM »
We have no reason to believe they didn’t

They wouldn’t spend all that effort, time, or money to get there to not use it

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1399 on: June 23, 2018, 01:30:12 AM »
If there's a bad weather in Uganda, the news would have covered that. So no.
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies