Author Topic: TAR 31: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!  (Read 584530 times)

Offline JanelleRachelFan

• RFF Jr. Member
Re: TAR 31: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!
« Reply #1175 on: June 20, 2018, 11:34:44 PM »
Someone explain to me why there couldn't have been a Non-Elimination in the first Vietnam leg and a second one which eliminated a team. Then the 4th boot happens in Dubai with any of the 8 teams that survived until then?

I believe we have 9 teams spotted either in Dubai or headed to Dubai.

I almost was to play devils advocate and say Sequester could be in Thailand (it has in the past) and so that could explain Britney heading to Bangkok.....but someone is filming her so I kinda take it back.

Kinda unlikely that they would let an eliminated team fly the same flight as teams still in the race, no?

Aww that would be cruel lmao. "Here come sit with all the other teams who are still in while we take you to sequester"

Offline FFGCSDT

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1176 on: June 20, 2018, 11:36:00 PM »
I knew it was too good to be true that Jamal and Leo were out already. They performed well in both their seasons and are two very capable, fast racers. They're pretty much a threat.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1177 on: June 20, 2018, 11:40:57 PM »
Has Peach said that Corinne and Eliza were spotted in Dubai? Or is it someone else's word? If it's the latter, that shouldn't really count as confirmation.

And remember that sightings can be mis interpreted. By the sighting (mis-compare a picture to the real thing), by the poster, even by me.(shock! lol)

So if something doesn't make sense that's when we go back and plot it all out again.

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #1178 on: June 20, 2018, 11:51:36 PM »
Feels like the race has been going on forever but they are just starting Leg 5.

Yea if they only completed 4 legs in 11 days it doesn't seem quite right.
Which is why I think we had both a KOR and an NEL, one in Laos and the other in HCMC. They had to take a long flight to Dubai, and I suspect another long flight out, as that would be 5 legs in 11 days which would keep thing on the average pace. and the NEL or other pit stops could have been shorter than the presumed average = or - 12 hours in those places. After all the years literally waiting for a Laos leg or two, I find it hard to believe TPTB would settle for just one leg. There are so many permutations trying to sort out how the race course and pacing could have been planned in Indochina, it almost defies the imagination.
And I wouldn't be surprised if the Race was frontloaded in some ways with KORa and NELs to keep things interesting for the viewers when this airs. After all, if this season is aired the way last season was, there will need to be a lot of paired episodes to get all the episodes in within  eight weeks as last time.
-- theschnauzers

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1179 on: June 20, 2018, 11:53:23 PM »
12 shows in about 21 days

about 4 shows every week
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline FFGCSDT

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1180 on: June 20, 2018, 11:58:44 PM »
Assuming they're flying to Europe, they will arrive in the morning (Europe time) and i think this leg can be done in the same day. I imagine they're going to be rushing the remaining legs.

Offline Calibound2

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1181 on: June 21, 2018, 12:00:32 AM »
Could Janelle and Britney possibly have done a fast forward in Dubai which is why they were never spotted in the club?

I mean they WERE 1st to get on the plane to Dubai. Holding out hope  :bow:

Offline FFGCSDT

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1182 on: June 21, 2018, 12:02:58 AM »
Could Janelle and Britney possibly have done a fast forward in Dubai which is why they were never spotted in the club?

I mean they WERE 1st to get on the plane to Dubai. Holding out hope  :bow:

Possible. Would explain why they haven't been spotted with anyone else. But that would mean that Eliza/Corinne are dunzo (well, sadly i'm almost positive they are)

We also can't count out the possibility of Bret/Chris not making it to Dubai (the grey team seen at the club could possibly have been Tyler /Korey) OR getting eliminated there. So there's still a (very small) chance that all FF teams are still in it)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 12:06:45 AM by FFGCSDT »

Offline selfeviction

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1183 on: June 21, 2018, 12:05:22 AM »
Chris/Bret haven't been spotted past the Dubai leg right? They could still be at risk

Offline JanelleRachelFan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1184 on: June 21, 2018, 12:06:13 AM »
Chris/Bret haven't been spotted past the Dubai leg right? They could still be at risk

Pretty sure they've been spotted

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1185 on: June 21, 2018, 12:17:59 AM »
The way I see it, the two teams definetely not seen after Laos are Art and JJ (Tokyo EL?) and Rupet and Laura (Laos EL?) and the only two teams seen after Dubai are the Reillys and the Afghanimals. So anything could have happened in Dubai and no other team is safe until we spot them again, most likely in Europe.

Offline jaycerm

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1186 on: June 21, 2018, 12:21:50 AM »
The way I see it, the two teams definetely not seen after Laos are Art and JJ (Tokyo EL?) and Rupet and Laura (Laos EL?) and the only two teams seen after Dubai are the Reillys and the Afghanimals. So anything could have happened in Dubai and no other team is safe until we spot them again, most likely in Europe.

This!  :amen:

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1187 on: June 21, 2018, 12:29:43 AM »
I'm getting so confused by reading spoilers right now.  :funny:

So Dubai is supposed to be Leg 4?

Offline FFGCSDT

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1188 on: June 21, 2018, 12:30:34 AM »
Hoping for somehow both Janelle/Brit and Corinne/Eliza to reappear and Bret/Chris to be missing.

The Afghanimals sighting is a mood killer, lol

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #1189 on: June 21, 2018, 12:48:06 AM »

Leg 4, 5, or 6, take your pick!
-- theschnauzers

Offline Parovic

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1190 on: June 21, 2018, 12:48:33 AM »
Could it be 4 legs right now?

Leg 1 Tokyo
Leg 2 Luang Prabang
Leg 3 Vietnam (To Be continued leg)
Leg 4 Dubai

Offline FFGCSDT

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1191 on: June 21, 2018, 12:51:00 AM »

Leg 4, 5, or 6, take your pick!

Leg 4 is my guess and it's leg 5 now

Offline FFGCSDT

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1192 on: June 21, 2018, 12:53:25 AM »
If the destination is Europe, they won't arrive until at least 7 am east coast time (and it will take like an hour for immigration) so we can sleep without worrying too much, haha

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #1193 on: June 21, 2018, 01:03:21 AM »
Which is why I think we had both a KOR and an NEL, one in Laos and the other in HCMC. They had to take a long flight to Dubai, and I suspect another long flight out, as that would be 5 legs in 11 days which would keep thing on the average pace. and the NEL or other pit stops could have been shorter than the presumed average = or - 12 hours in those places. After all the years literally waiting for a Laos leg or two, I find it hard to believe TPTB would settle for just one leg. There are so many permutations trying to sort out how the race course and pacing could have been planned in Indochina, it almost defies the imagination.
And I wouldn't be surprised if the Race was frontloaded in some ways with KORa and NELs to keep things interesting for the viewers when this airs. After all, if this season is aired the way last season was, there will need to be a lot of paired episodes to get all the episodes in within  eight weeks as last time.
I agree about Laos. After all this time, having basically one leg is kind of disappointing. Even a leg and a half as is shown on the timeline and in only Luang Prabang is underwhelming considering how long the show has tried to go there and how challenging it is to get to.

Oh well.

Offline PikaBelleChu

• RFF Sr. Member
  • "Pika-Pika-pi? Pika!"
« Reply #1194 on: June 21, 2018, 01:14:56 AM »
I agree about Laos. After all this time, having basically one leg is kind of disappointing. Even a leg and a half as is shown on the timeline and in only Luang Prabang is underwhelming considering how long the show has tried to go there and how challenging it is to get to.

Oh well.

What does KOR mean?

Offline kelkin111

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1195 on: June 21, 2018, 01:15:25 AM »
KOR. Keep on racing.

Offline PikaBelleChu

• RFF Sr. Member
  • "Pika-Pika-pi? Pika!"
« Reply #1196 on: June 21, 2018, 01:20:27 AM »
KOR. Keep on racing.

The meaning is that whoever gets last place will not be eliminated nor be NEL and the race shall be "TBC", right?

Offline FFGCSDT

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1197 on: June 21, 2018, 01:21:59 AM »

Oh well.

Agree. I don't get the need to go to Vietnam. Should have stayed in Laos for two legs.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #1198 on: June 21, 2018, 01:29:11 AM »

Oh well.

What does KOR mean?
To the immediate question A KOR leg means a leg with a checkin mat, but no pitstop, they keep on racing.

Clarification, because I see it might be misconstrued. When I said 5 legs in 11 days, I was referring to the legs before Dubai. Keep in mind the teams gained a day when they crossed the International Date Line moving westward, so an arrival in Tokyo was late night on the 11th into the 12th.
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1199 on: June 21, 2018, 01:29:28 AM »

Oh well.

Our current thought is that it is one Leg. The half may be just looking for a travel ticketing agent or something, we aren't sure. But timewise that's all we had.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.