Author Topic: TAR 31: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!  (Read 582781 times)

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
Re: TAR 31: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!
« Reply #1025 on: June 20, 2018, 11:58:32 AM »
I don't recall if we had an actual bootlist anywhere that season or not. But all the teams were returning TAR teams, and even the leg in southernmost Argentina was clearly spoiled as to the elimination.

In any event, I'm starting to wonder if the NELs are being frontloaded this time around (as was done in a previous race not too long ago. That might help explain some of the sightings of teams. There might also be a KOR in there that might explain the timing of legs as well.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Travejunkie

• RFF Sr. Member
  • The World is Waiting...Go
    • Another Pin on the Map
« Reply #1026 on: June 20, 2018, 12:09:32 PM »
Totally.  Unfinished business had a lot of KORs and NELs early to really drain the teams and make the racers earn it.
Down the waterfall, wherever it may take me.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1027 on: June 20, 2018, 12:22:06 PM »
I'm wondering if sequester is in Vietnam somewhere; we've had precedent for this (TAR 15) plus the number of legs / time spent in SE Asia would make it cost beneficial to have it somewhere in that area rather than like, Portugal or Italy. It could potentially explain the Tyler & Korey and Leo & Jamal airport sightings. 

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1028 on: June 20, 2018, 12:30:18 PM »
I find it odd that the first non-elimination/to-be-continued leg wasn't at F9, so as to distinguish Reality Clash from the three other returnee seasons:

11 - first at F7
18 - first at F11
24 - first at F8

Come to think of it, there have never been consecutive seasons with the first non-elimination/to-be-continued leg at F9; c.f. 10-11, 18-19, 23-24-25.

Offline FFGCSDT

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1029 on: June 20, 2018, 01:40:22 PM »
Whaaat, all FF teams made it out of HCMC?? So the Tyler/sequester theory is correct??? Do we know if Janelle/Britney really are in Dubai too?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 01:43:25 PM by FFGCSDT »

Offline AlizaNY

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1030 on: June 20, 2018, 01:50:03 PM »
Whaaat, all FF teams made it out of HCMC?? So the Tyler/sequester theory is correct??? Do we know if Janelle/Britney really are in Dubai too?

Sorry but what does FF mean???

Offline JanelleRachelFan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1031 on: June 20, 2018, 01:50:44 PM »

Yeah I was gonna ask about the Janelle/Britney thing as well. When I saw the airplane photo I thought they were at the front too, but my computers zoom isn't amazing so I can't be more than like 60% sure, though others seemed confident it was them

Offline TeamBB

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1032 on: June 20, 2018, 01:53:16 PM »

Hello it means Female/Female team and MM means Male/Male team  :hfive:  :cheer: :hfive: :cheer:

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1033 on: June 20, 2018, 01:53:53 PM »

Female-Female as in a two female team

Offline FFGCSDT

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1034 on: June 20, 2018, 01:54:00 PM »

Yeah I was gonna ask about the Janelle/Britney thing as well. When I saw the airplane photo I thought they were at the front too, but my computers zoom isn't amazing so I can't be more than like 60% sure, though others seemed confident it was them

I was very confident too but now that Rachel/Elissa are confirmed to have survived Vietnam, Tyler/Korey were spotted at the airport leaving HCMC, and Janelle/Britney haven't been seen in Dubai, i'm not so sure. Nervous now.

Offline AlizaNY

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1035 on: June 20, 2018, 01:54:46 PM »

Female-Female as in a two female team

Thank you so much!

Offline rainbowkitten

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1036 on: June 20, 2018, 01:55:19 PM »
I'm a huge Janelle/Britney fan and I am praying they win, but I am becoming increasingly suspicious of the photo being used to label them as still in. It just seems like a bit of a reach to say they're definitely still in based on a backpack and some blonde hair.

Offline AlizaNY

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1037 on: June 20, 2018, 01:55:35 PM »

Hello it means Female/Female team and MM means Male/Male team  :hfive:  :cheer: :hfive: :cheer:

Thank you!

Offline JanelleRachelFan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1038 on: June 20, 2018, 01:56:54 PM »

I was very confident too but now that Rachel/Elissa are confirmed to have survived Vietnam, Tyler/Korey were spotted at the airport leaving HCMC, and Janelle/Britney haven't been seen in Dubai, i'm not so sure. Nervous now.

I'm worried as well, but I also think the timeline might be messing with us. I really think they did 1 Tokyo leg with either 1 Laos and 2 HCMC, or 2 Laos and 1 HCMC. Since other than S29, the last 8 seasons have had NEL within the first 4 legs, it is possible that Janelle/Brit and even Tyler/Korey all made it Dubai

Offline FFGCSDT

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1039 on: June 20, 2018, 02:11:32 PM »

I'm worried as well, but I also think the timeline might be messing with us. I really think they did 1 Tokyo leg with either 1 Laos and 2 HCMC, or 2 Laos and 1 HCMC. Since other than S29, the last 8 seasons have had NEL within the first 4 legs, it is possible that Janelle/Brit and even Tyler/Korey all made it Dubai

You might be right. I'm still under the impression that Laos and Vietnam had 2 legs each, with a NEL and an elim in Vietnam.

Offline FFGCSDT

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1040 on: June 20, 2018, 02:14:14 PM »
I'm a huge Janelle/Britney fan and I am praying they win, but I am becoming increasingly suspicious of the photo being used to label them as still in. It just seems like a bit of a reach to say they're definitely still in based on a backpack and some blonde hair.

So am I. It really looks like Britney tho. And if Brit/Janelle were eliminated in HCMC, idk why they would let them board the same plane as Team Fun when the two teams were heading different directions. We just need confirmation whether or not Janelle/Brit were or are in Dubai.

Offline Bbog1989

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1041 on: June 20, 2018, 02:17:45 PM »

So am I. It really looks like Britney tho. And if Brit/Janelle were eliminated in HCMC, idk why they would let them board the same plane as Team Fun when the two teams were heading different directions. We just need confirmation whether or not Janelle/Brit were or are in Dubai.

We just need to look at the evidence:
1. They're Blonde
2. The Backpacks match Janelle / Britney
3. They're wearing Gray - Nicole is wearing Black that day at the airport.
4. There is CLEARLY someone filming them get on the plane (so they're on the race).

Britney and Janelle went to Dubai.

Maybe Tyler and Korey were going to Sequester....but I pulled that out of my ass.

I would be second guessing that both Corinne/Eliza and Elissa/Rachel are confirmed in Dubai......

Offline rainbowkitten

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1042 on: June 20, 2018, 02:38:20 PM »
I do have this sensation that Art/JJ were eliminated in Tokyo, Laura/Rupert were eliminated in Laos, Leo/Jamal were eliminated in HCMC and then there was a NEL that would leave everyone else left in it. I'm definitely suspicious of the gap in time between Tyler/Korey and the rest of them, but I just don't quite think it says enough to make me truly suspect that there were four boots already. I could be wrong, of course, but I think based on everything, I'd say Dubai gave us our 4th boots.

Offline FFGCSDT

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1043 on: June 20, 2018, 02:39:21 PM »

We just need to look at the evidence:
1. They're Blonde
2. The Backpacks match Janelle / Britney
3. They're wearing Gray - Nicole is wearing Black that day at the airport.
4. There is CLEARLY someone filming them get on the plane (so they're on the race).

Britney and Janelle went to Dubai.

Maybe Tyler and Korey were going to Sequester....but I pulled that out of my ass.

I would be second guessing that both Corinne/Eliza and Elissa/Rachel are confirmed in Dubai......

Yeah we need pictures of the FF teams in Dubai.

Offline Realityfan01

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1044 on: June 20, 2018, 02:40:27 PM »
I’m speculating that they just finished leg 6 and that there were two legs in  🇻🇳 And two legs in Dubai

Offline FFGCSDT

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1045 on: June 20, 2018, 02:43:00 PM »
I wonder if the source is really sure they saw both Elissa/Rachel and Corinne/Eliza? It's very conflicting now

And are we sure the club was a detour? Because if it wasn't, and if they didn't see Janelle/Brit there.....
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 02:46:36 PM by FFGCSDT »

Offline rainbowkitten

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1046 on: June 20, 2018, 02:53:24 PM »
I wonder if the source is really sure they saw both Elissa/Rachel and Corinne/Eliza? It's very conflicting now

And are we sure the club was a detour? Because if it wasn't, and if they didn't see Janelle/Brit there.....

They also didn't see Tyler/Korey there and I think having them down to 6 (potentially 5 if you're claiming one of Elissa/Rachel or Corinne/Eliza weren't there) this early is way too quick, especially considering NELs and KORs. I'm inclined to believe it's a detour and that Janelle/Britney and maybe Tyler/Korey just took the other path and we happened to catch the more popular side.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1047 on: June 20, 2018, 03:01:10 PM »
First time poster.

Phil's picture looks like the lobby of the Armani Hotel in Dubai.

Great job!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ICanGetLoudToo

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #1048 on: June 20, 2018, 03:14:30 PM »

Snapchat also has a lot of stories being posted, best to check on map stories from "JBR Walk" and "Burj Khalifa" if Phil/the teams were possibly staying at Armani Hotel.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 04:39:19 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline JanelleRachelFan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1049 on: June 20, 2018, 03:19:12 PM »
If they are going to be at the Marina for the next start, we will see them. That place is packed all the time. Though Phil's video looks like its pretty dark out, so i'm guessing it might just be a start and head to the airport, so just 1 leg in Dubai