Author Topic: TAR 31: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!  (Read 581974 times)

Offline Mhillstrom

• RFF Full Member
Re: TAR 31: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!
« Reply #650 on: June 17, 2018, 03:27:06 PM »
I searched for the main destinations/attractions in HCMC that they could have possibly visited (chu chi tunnels, ben thanh market, saigon square, pham ngu lao/district 1, airport) on instagram and still no sightings. I wonder where in HCMC they were/are and why people haven't spotted them there.

I wonder if they could have taken a car, train, taxi or boat to another city or isle outside of Ho Chi Minh?  But still weird they haven't been spotted at the airport, which, if they weren't doing 2 legs there, they would have flown out by now. But there is potential danger in Ho Chi Minh with protests and the like. It might be possible they are hold up in a hotel somewhere until its a bit safer?  :duno:

Im quite surprised that production still decided to do a leg in HCMC though - seems like the protests are pretty serious and have been happening before teams even arrived there

i agree! I wonder if they have plan B's for such hiccups? Peach said earlier it was confirmed there was a leg in HCMC, but not sure how she knows. Hope she shares it with us soon! I saw a tweet that said the teams were having Visas checked when they arrived in HCMC from Siam Reap. Does that mean they were staying there or do they have to have the Visa's checked to go somewhere else? Could HCMC have been a layover/transit like Siam Reap was?

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #651 on: June 17, 2018, 03:48:00 PM »
I searched for the main destinations/attractions in HCMC that they could have possibly visited (chu chi tunnels, ben thanh market, saigon square, pham ngu lao/district 1, airport) on instagram and still no sightings. I wonder where in HCMC they were/are and why people haven't spotted them there.

I wonder if they could have taken a car, train, taxi or boat to another city or isle outside of Ho Chi Minh?  But still weird they haven't been spotted at the airport, which, if they weren't doing 2 legs there, they would have flown out by now. But there is potential danger in Ho Chi Minh with protests and the like. It might be possible they are hold up in a hotel somewhere until its a bit safer?  :duno:

Im quite surprised that production still decided to do a leg in HCMC though - seems like the protests are pretty serious and have been happening before teams even arrived there

i agree! I wonder if they have plan B's for such hiccups? Peach said earlier it was confirmed there was a leg in HCMC, but not sure how she knows. Hope she shares it with us soon! I saw a tweet that said the teams were having Visas checked when they arrived in HCMC from Siam Reap. Does that mean they were staying there or do they have to have the Visa's checked to go somewhere else? Could HCMC have been a layover/transit like Siam Reap was?

Go to the live sightings thread, I believe it was a Rachel and Elissa fan account that reported a team exchanged the US Dollar for Dong and said something about their next clue being in HCMC.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #652 on: June 17, 2018, 03:57:55 PM »
There you have it, HCMC confirmed as a leg.

They must have already wrapped up leg 4 there by now, right? And they are probably leaving Asia right now.

God i don't want to know who got eliminated in HCMC, I'm scared lol. if one of the elite teams arrived last, i hope it was a non-elim.

At least there could be a visit in Africa. Particularly South Africa. The race has a flight to Joburg via Singapore.

Offline Mhillstrom

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #653 on: June 17, 2018, 06:30:12 PM »
There you have it, HCMC confirmed as a leg.

They must have already wrapped up leg 4 there by now, right? And they are probably leaving Asia right now.

God i don't want to know who got eliminated in HCMC, I'm scared lol. if one of the elite teams arrived last, i hope it was a non-elim.

At least there could be a visit in Africa. Particularly South Africa. The race has a flight to Joburg via Singapore.

The Race releases their flight info in advance? Where do they post that info?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #654 on: June 17, 2018, 06:34:51 PM »
No of course they don't. I think what Claude means is that the race COULD have a flight there. English is not his first language.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline FFGCSDT

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #655 on: June 17, 2018, 06:42:09 PM »
Any new updates?

We should be at leg 5 right now. I'm nervous.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #656 on: June 17, 2018, 06:46:19 PM »
Oh no I'm keeping them all to myself. :funny:

Maybe get out there and help search twitter, FB and IG??
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline FFGCSDT

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #657 on: June 17, 2018, 06:52:34 PM »

I've been searching non-stop lol on all platforms

(Wait so you know something?)

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #658 on: June 17, 2018, 06:59:56 PM »
It would especially help if those who speak and read the languages of east and southeast Asia could check social media in those languages as well. I suspect that's part of the problem....and this is a region where original TAR and many regional versions have raced over the years.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Mhillstrom

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #659 on: June 17, 2018, 07:06:00 PM »

Didn't say you were keeping anything to yourself.  But I know you sometimes don't say things until you have details, hence me saying, I wasn't sure what you had and hoped you would share soon.

I think there are a lot of people searching everywhere but then it seems, suddenly, someone pulls a miracle out their butt. It's like where the freak did  they find that?   :funny:

I have an idea! Maybe we should have a RFF school/thread called 'Clue Hunting 101'  Where some of the seasoned hunters give tips on where and how to look! I glance over twitter, instagram, youtube and facebook with #amazingrace and sometimes where-ever we think they might be, like #HoChiMinh. I can't find squat! LOL

Offline smiley

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #660 on: June 17, 2018, 07:08:02 PM »
That would be a great class. I have searched everywhere as well.

Offline FFGCSDT

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #661 on: June 17, 2018, 07:14:27 PM »

Didn't say you were keeping anything to yourself.  But I know you sometimes don't say things until you have details, hence me saying, I wasn't sure what you had and hoped you would share soon.

I think there are a lot of people searching everywhere but then it seems, suddenly, someone pulls a miracle out their butt. It's like where the freak did  they find that?   :funny:

I have an idea! Maybe we should have a RFF school/thread called 'Clue Hunting 101'  Where some of the seasoned hunters give tips on where and how to look! I glance over twitter, instagram, youtube and facebook with #amazingrace and sometimes where-ever we think they might be, like #HoChiMinh. I can't find squat! LOL
Yeah, spill the tea!

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #662 on: June 17, 2018, 07:24:52 PM »

I guess I'm a seasoned hunter by this point. If it's any consolation, what you're describing in your search strategy is about 98% of what I'm doing. I'm not finding much that hasn't already been found by others. It seems that so far, Facebook and Instagram have been the best places to look.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #663 on: June 17, 2018, 07:28:02 PM »

You can't glance. You have to pick a term and search back 8-12 hours to get anything. And on twitter esp having TAR Canada starting and Fans commenting about teams there is lots of junk.. Shake up your terms, use locations, Phil, cameras, airports we suspect, and this season we have NAMEs. The key is to stick with it. And be lucky...you could search and just miss something.

I rely on all of you for IG because it hates me. :funny:

Set up a buddy group, then 3 or 4 you can work together.

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Mhillstrom

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #664 on: June 17, 2018, 07:35:01 PM »

You can't glance. You have to pick a term and search back 8-12 hours to get anything. And on twitter esp having TAR Canada starting and Fans commenting about teams there is lots of junk.. Shake up your terms, use locations, Phil, cameras, airports we suspect, and this season we have NAMEs. The key is to stick with it. And be lucky...you could search and just miss something.

Yeah, I scroll down quite far because sometimes they are not in order... I have seen '3 hrs ago' after I have seen numerous 'June 10' posts! It's frustrating! LOL

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #665 on: June 17, 2018, 08:53:39 PM »
Maybe what we also need is common word list we'd look for on social media in the various languages/alphabets that are encountered during filming.
I recall in the early seasons, we'd find news articles published in non-American newspapers that were in fact spoilers. (The earliest example of this I can remember was during filming of season 4 in the Netherlands, as it turned out it was half of a detour that Reichen and Chip performed. And the article was in Dutch) It's the sort of thing I think we may be overlooking, but I am not competent enough to do such non-English language searches on social media or even still, search engines.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 09:14:28 PM by theschnauzers »
-- theschnauzers

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #666 on: June 17, 2018, 08:59:58 PM »

Yeah, I scroll down quite far because sometimes they are not in order... I have seen '3 hrs ago' after I have seen numerous 'June 10' posts! It's frustrating! LOL

Click latest to see the most recent posts. You're probably on "top" which shows the top posts regardless of when it was posted.

Offline ezione

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #667 on: June 17, 2018, 09:00:19 PM »
I did a couple quick searches on twitter, found nothing. Castaways names and a few key words in Vietnamese (Race, Americans, Amazing Race).

Gra1162

« Reply #668 on: June 17, 2018, 09:03:26 PM »

I kinda agree with this Vietnam isn't really safe now and could be a reason we didn't see them for a while and it could be outside Vietnam

Gra1162

« Reply #669 on: June 17, 2018, 09:04:27 PM »
I did a couple quick searches on twitter, found nothing. Castaways names and a few key words in Vietnamese (Race, Americans, Amazing Race).
You could search the Vietnam amazing race as Vietnam name

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #670 on: June 17, 2018, 09:16:17 PM »
What could've prevented them from having a backup leg in Cambodia if they knew about the HCMC protests in advance?

Offline Mhillstrom

• RFF Full Member

Online Jjw26

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #672 on: June 17, 2018, 09:39:34 PM »
Referring to the person that commented in the live sightings thread about the guy in the cap looking like Art, the guy in the cap is Chris.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #673 on: June 17, 2018, 09:51:34 PM »
Top picture, the guy in the cap looks like Art, so Art and JJ are still in it, yessss.
Don't know if that can be a positive id. All you can see is the cap, no face. (Whether Art or Chris.)
-- theschnauzers

Offline TARmap

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #674 on: June 17, 2018, 09:53:44 PM »
Is it possible that leg 5 may have already begun???