Author Topic: TAR 30: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!  (Read 804461 times)

Offline Joberio

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO AMY & MAYA, WINNERS OF TAR25!
Re: TAR 30: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!
« Reply #2975 on: October 25, 2017, 02:23:20 AM »
Don't really look into this but it seems like Indy, Jody and Skiers are all good with each other and follow each other on Instagram.
Three of the F4, right?  Could've been friends as well as allies during the race.  Maybe made plans to go to the F3 together but for the Roadblock that took Alex & Connor down.

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2976 on: October 25, 2017, 02:33:24 AM »
Has a team, which was trailing 3rd for 2/3rd of the final leg of the amazing race, won at the end ?

Yes, TAR21, if I'm not mistaken. All due to the final memory challenge.
A well designed memory challenge can actually shift placements around, before the finish line.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2977 on: October 25, 2017, 04:56:09 AM »
re: social media following-

I don't think this is as much of an indicator as is it with Survivor since there's less "direct" targeting of people and less time spent together on TAR. I'd keep an eye if teams don't follow each other once the season starts airing since THAT is usually a sign of something happening between teams.

Offline Seastars

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #2978 on: October 25, 2017, 08:19:13 AM »
Sorry, but I'm calling bull**** on not sharing the final location because "it might jeopardize a source!"

They were in San Francisco, downtown San Francisco.  They got into cabs, as people do every single day and night in San Francisco, because cabs are everywhere downtown and really, through much of the city.  The racers probably had special cabs that had already signed non disclosure stuff and releases.  However ANY of the people watching them in Chinatown, City Hall, etc, could have easily jumped into a cab with the instructions "Follow that cab!" and know where the racers went for the finale.

ANYONE. 

In addition, apparently 5-10 "special" posters know, not only the location, but also who didn't pay their cab.  The rest of us?  Tough on you guys!  We know something you don't know!  Hee Hee.

So, no, not buying it, and frankly it feels pretty junior high clique.

No one is asking you about who won, which apparently you couldn't see, so enclosed location of some sort with easily secured entrances, which is why I guessed the Oakland stadium rather than a park or beach or something in Marin county, or the south bay...although there is another stadium in the south bay now, so maybe there?  They flew out of Oakland, not San Jose though, so Oakland makes sense.  Treasure Island also fits, but the coy hint was dropped that it was "far" and Treasure Island isn't.  They took cabs, so not Alcatraz, unless the ferry or boat is also being withheld, ditto Angel Island. 

However, if you are withholding the boat information, either is possible, and you could have still seen the cabs on shore waiting to be paid.

Anyway, this all feels like bull**** to me.  They were TOO easily followed, by car or cab, to be protecting "sources" about a LOCATION. 

My two cents, and yes, I am annoyed and frustrated by what appears to be dissembling explanation.
I've enjoyed this board for years, joining only this year, and I appreciate so much of what you all do here.  Right now though?  Not so much.

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #2979 on: October 25, 2017, 09:25:04 AM »
Did David Junior & Peach not ask us to be patient? Why must everyone need to know...RIGHT.THIS.MINUTE? They have already said the location of the finish line was secluded and guarded. Therefore, even if they wanted to, nobody can say with 100% accuracy the final placements. Even knowing the identities of the two teams who forgot to pay their cabs will not confirm anything...you can only speculate.

How many times must people be told the reason why RFF does not reveal the final placements?

Offline itsjustme11

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #2980 on: October 25, 2017, 09:27:59 AM »
Well, speculating and looking for spoilers is just a fun part of Amazing Race for me.     I figure, not my board, not my rules. Some are taking this way too seriously, lets not suck the fun out it.. :) :)

Offline Seastars

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #2981 on: October 25, 2017, 09:37:14 AM »
Did David Junior & Peach not ask us to be patient? Why must everyone need to know...RIGHT.THIS.MINUTE? They have already said the location of the finish line was secluded and guarded. Therefore, even if they wanted to, nobody can say with 100% accuracy the final placements. Even knowing the identities of the two teams who forgot to pay their cabs will not confirm anything...you can only speculate.

How many times must people be told the reason why RFF does not reveal the final placements?

Location.  Just the location.  We already know and easily accept they will not spoil the winner, even if they did know it.

I suppose if it was Angel Island or Alcatraz and there was fog over the bay they might not have been able to see which island the boat/ferry landed on.  That is the place where a "source" might come into play.

I lived there for many years, following a cab or grabbing one to follow them would have been very easy, and some may have even had their own car around.  Whatever.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 09:59:40 AM by Seastars »

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #2982 on: October 25, 2017, 10:15:41 AM »
There really is no legit reason why the final location can't be revealed.

It's as simple as typing:
FINISH LINE LOCATION

No "source" compromised, no Race "integrity" lost. No need for a second-by-second account of events. It's just a location of an event that happened 30 hours ago and all the people involved have been comfortably resting in their own homes away from the Bay Area.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2983 on: October 25, 2017, 10:19:55 AM »
There really is no legit reason why the final location can't be revealed.

It's as simple as typing:
FINISH LINE LOCATION

No "source" compromised, no Race "integrity" lost. No need for a second-by-second account of events. It's just a location of an event that happened 30 hours ago and all the people involved have been comfortably resting in their own homes away from the Bay Area.

Agreed. It's ridiculous to even just be waiting for the Finish Line, it's not like we're hammering for F3 results lol

Offline jboy224

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2984 on: October 25, 2017, 10:23:41 AM »
The clues r out there of who won, pretty easy to see. Either way I'm pumped to watch this season out compared to what we saw on the spoilers each leg to see how they edit it.
 :conf:

Jody and he Indy seem to be good friends now and I hope bb asks Indy to go on their next season those boys were ROBBED by those Yale debaters   :sab

Offline LibertyLove08

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #2985 on: October 25, 2017, 10:25:15 AM »
I’m sure Peach needed some rest after the 21 day journey and that final nite even I was up until 3am.
I just keep checking and waiting for those pictures & videos from the finals in SF she said would come later. No rush Peach, just checking & hope you are feeling well.
Always have an attitude of gratitude. :)

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #2986 on: October 25, 2017, 10:29:24 AM »
I mean if no one knows the finish line location then say so. If it's "you're all being annoying so I'm going to keep this secret forevah!" Then you can say that too. But withholding the finish line location like it's some kind of matter of national security or something? It's like Trump signing off on the release of the JFK documents or something.  :wtf:

Offline jboy224

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2987 on: October 25, 2017, 11:02:33 AM »
I think the skiers/jody/indy had a final 3 deal because they r all following eachother on social medias. No yale  :spy:

Offline aribb19

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #2988 on: October 25, 2017, 11:03:13 AM »
Raiders.  :)

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2989 on: October 25, 2017, 11:12:20 AM »
They're all back on social media now. I like Conor Daly's explanation for his month-long absence "I got lost in an IKEA" :lol:

The other teams besides Jody would not be allowed to talk about even being on the race yet.

Offline jboy224

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2990 on: October 25, 2017, 11:21:35 AM »
They're all back on social media now. I like Conor Daly's explanation for his month-long absence "I got lost in an IKEA" :lol:

The other teams besides Jody would not be allowed to talk about even being on the race yet.

the whole world knows they were on it, amazing race advertised the starting line i dont think they would get in trouble saying they were filming lol

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #2991 on: October 25, 2017, 11:28:47 AM »
They would.
Jessica & Cody were the only team announced officially as competitors on this season.
Others were not, unlike for seasons 25 and 28, when the entire cast was announced once the race began.

Offline ghostbusted

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #2992 on: October 25, 2017, 11:29:22 AM »
It's like Trump signing off on the release of the JFK documents or something.  :wtf:
I think you figured it out. The finish line was on the grassy knoll.  :)

Offline Winteriscoming

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2993 on: October 25, 2017, 11:37:45 AM »
I heard this season starts in Feb.. Is that confirmed or just a rumor?  I just don't want it to take 8 months to air like season 29 did.

Offline Piper

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #2994 on: October 25, 2017, 11:43:29 AM »
Raiders.  :)

Is this a final location hint? 

Disney on Ice had a final show on the evening of the 23rd at the Oracle. The DOI venue contract would have specified venue access for X number of hours for load out and AEG staff would then "turn" the venue from ice to BB court for a game today.  Even with non-disclosures that is a lot of traffic and eyes around for a TAR setup at the Coliseum. 

Offline jboy224

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2995 on: October 25, 2017, 11:45:51 AM »
conor from the indy team commented on jess ig pic saying "our favorite team" whatever that means.

Online DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2996 on: October 25, 2017, 11:51:29 AM »
Just talked with Peach

She said more info IS coming soon

She is working on compiling a detailed and accurate timeline of events (likely including final location), but she's wading through a lot of pics and info still

We're just asking for a little more patience and grace until we have ALL the info properly compiled

Believe me, we want to share with you guys, I just want to follow the protocol and Peach's leading with it- she wants to share too, when she feels it's right to

I will say it was 100% NOT Oakland Coliseum (or O.CO Arena, for that matter), since some people seem to be really pushing that :res:

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #2997 on: October 25, 2017, 12:12:57 PM »
They would.
Jessica & Cody were the only team announced officially as competitors on this season.
Others were not, unlike for seasons 25 and 28, when the entire cast was announced once the race began.
TAR27 also right? Both 25 and 27 Starting Lines, which is why it was strange there was no official team press release this time. Though CBS likely doesn't care enough to go through the effort.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 12:17:34 PM by dryedmangoez »

Offline Flyergal

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #2998 on: October 25, 2017, 12:36:14 PM »
conor from the indy team commented on jess ig pic saying "our favorite team" whatever that means.
Just an opinion, but these teams were all together a lot these past few weeks. Who knows who became friends, who joked around, bickered or bantered back and forth while competing. There may be inside jokes that only they would all know about. Wouldn’t read too much into what they say to each other now that the game is over

Offline graytex

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2999 on: October 25, 2017, 12:55:13 PM »
I have also spoken to Peach and am following her lead.  But I can tell you that when I talked to her, we were both still recovering from being up all night and needed a break.  As for protecting sources, this is very important.  Sometimes people with non-disclosure agreements let info slip and we don't want them hurt.  Plus, Peach does not want to do anything that will damage the show or the final outcome.  We spoil, but we're still big fans and want the show to continue.

Peach will tell the final mat location soon, but she wants to do it the right way, and with love for the show.  DavidJunior and I, and the others that were helping that night, will add details when she reveals the location.