Author Topic: TAR 30: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!  (Read 804026 times)

Offline TravelTheWorld

• RFF Jr. Member
Re: TAR 30: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!
« Reply #1250 on: October 15, 2017, 05:14:36 AM »
Is this one of the Violinist?

Offline Travejunkie

• RFF Sr. Member
  • The World is Waiting...Go
    • Another Pin on the Map
« Reply #1251 on: October 15, 2017, 06:08:23 AM »
Could also be on:

EK 140 PRGDXB   1555 2350                       
EK 713 DXBHRE 0925 1710       

OK 296 PRGBEY 2200 0230‡1                       
ET 407 BEYADD 0335 0750                       
ET 873 ADDHRE 0925 1230       

LH 1401 PRGFRA 1850 1955                       
LH 572 FRAJNB 2205 0830‡1                         
LH/SA 9554 JNBHRE 1045 1215

or

KL/OK 3122 PRGAMS 1730 1900                     
KL/KQ 4141 AMSNBO 2045 0605‡1                       
KL/KQ 4215 NBOVFA 0720 0935 

OK 618 PRGAMS 1730 1900                       
KQ 117 AMSNBO 2045 0605‡1                     
KQ 792 NBOVFA 0720 0935

AF 1583 PRGCDG 2035 2220                         
AF 990 CDGJNB 2325 0955‡1                         
BA/MN 6285 JNBVFA 1125 1305
Down the waterfall, wherever it may take me.

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1252 on: October 15, 2017, 06:09:03 AM »
Agree except no proof or evidence for a F6 NEL right? ???

Leg 6 Prague finished approx. 3PM?? 12th (using 3PM as example)
Released about 3AM 13th
Leg 7 3am to 3pm 13th
Pitstop 3PM to 3AM 14th
Gives them close to 12 hours to get back to Prague for Swiss Air flight dep 755PM 14th

This is way too much time for an extended PitStop...IMO. 48++ hours??
Can't rule it out...but regardless we have to consider that it remains a possibility.

Keep in mind we still need a second set of flights for remainder of teams...

I agree 48ish hours seems like a lot, but my issue with that itinerary is that pitstops nowdays seem to sit around the 18-22 hours mark at least and extended ones even longer (based off the past three seasons). ~12 hours for a pitstop is awfully short and we haven't seen it in a good while.

I guess they could always released them early on the 14th for a task and have this be a split leg alike Zimbabwe/Paris and Athens/Hanoi... potentially something else to consider.

Not saying a missing leg is impossible, just saying that precedence has me leaning towards only one leg in Prague. Thoughts?

Online georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1253 on: October 15, 2017, 06:47:26 AM »
I think we may not know. We'll have to see how things go from here.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Clueless

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1254 on: October 15, 2017, 08:17:20 AM »
Interesting! Looks like the tall one to me. Not sure if the backpack matches though. Can anyone else confirm or refute based on the backpack?

I'm curious about two things now: Do racers ever carry extra backpacks (empty) in case one of theirs rips, etc? Also, do racers ever change their facial hair during a race? (Start growing a beard or shave off a beard they started the race with.)

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1255 on: October 15, 2017, 08:21:31 AM »
Interesting! Looks like the tall one to me. Not sure if the backpack matches though. Can anyone else confirm or refute based on the backpack?

I'm curious about two things now: Do racers ever carry extra backpacks (empty) in case one of theirs rips, etc? Also, do racers ever change their facial hair during a race? (Start growing a beard or shave off a beard they started the race with.)

Here's the Violinists as taken in Iceland, I think carrying another extra backpack seems absurd, but maybe a pouchbag? They do shave, there's Matt Ladley from last season. There's some instances where his beard is visible and others with him a clean cut.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 08:25:24 AM by TARUSAFan »

Offline Seastars

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1256 on: October 15, 2017, 08:23:26 AM »
OR, maybe the Harare police were using water canons where the TAR racers were scheduled to be.  Same day after all.

I think if a country having unrest was next up, producers might take a day or so to discuss the safety or practicality of the next scheduled leg of the race.

Which kind of raises an interesting question.  Have they ever said if they have back up or alternate plans in case of disaster, civil unrest, or other issues?  I would think they'd have a back up plan, but don't remember seeing that addressed.

Offline Winteriscoming

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1257 on: October 15, 2017, 08:24:19 AM »

Doesn't appear to be the same backpack. The violinists backpacks are lighter in color.

Offline jboy224

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1258 on: October 15, 2017, 08:44:17 AM »
No the color backpack doesn't match there's and the face structure doesn't look like them at all

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #1259 on: October 15, 2017, 09:01:06 AM »
OR, maybe the Harare police were using water canons where the TAR racers were scheduled to be.  Same day after all.

I think if a country having unrest was next up, producers might take a day or so to discuss the safety or practicality of the next scheduled leg of the race.

Which kind of raises an interesting question.  Have they ever said if they have back up or alternate plans in case of disaster, civil unrest, or other issues?  I would think they'd have a back up plan, but don't remember seeing that addressed.
There have been many instances in the past when a pre-scheduled leg was replaced due to various reasons.
Not sure if they always have alternative tasks in mind, but pretty sure they think on their feet.

It's not possible to predict which leg might have to be replaced, so if you have an extra leg planned in, say, Germany, but are in China right now and need to replace an Asian leg, it wouldn't work.

Offline Seastars

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1260 on: October 15, 2017, 09:19:36 AM »
I just think that is more likely than another leg, they made other plans IN CASE, waited to see if all calmed down, it did, so on with it.

?

Or perhaps the scrapped the "find this street vendor" task and took a day to make a new plan.    :dontgo:

Offline Clueless

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1261 on: October 15, 2017, 09:29:06 AM »

Here's the Violinists as taken in Iceland, I think carrying another extra backpack seems absurd, but maybe a pouchbag? They do shave, there's Matt Ladley from last season. There's some instances where his beard is visible and others with him a clean cut.
Thank you for the response & info! Yes, I agree an extra full size backpack wouldn't be practical, but maybe a pouchbag or something like it? I'm still not convinced that's not a Violinist but the backpack definitely does look different, at least the part we can see. Guess time will tell!  :D

Offline RealityFan11

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1262 on: October 15, 2017, 09:45:19 AM »
If Asia isnt visited this season will be the first season without a visit to Asia. Is this likely or unlikely?

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1263 on: October 15, 2017, 09:47:52 AM »
If Asia isnt visited this season will be the first season without a visit to Asia. Is this likely or unlikely?

First non-Family Edition season, yes. But can't see them skipping Asia.

Offline Seastars

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1264 on: October 15, 2017, 09:59:12 AM »
I can't see them skipping Asia either.

This was interesting, the US warnings aren't as elaborate, but according to this https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/zimbabwe/safety-and-security busses, trains, and planes run there are not safe, and driving is very tricky too. 

Kind of cool to visit a spot that has so many warnings.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #1265 on: October 15, 2017, 10:13:41 AM »
I just think that is more likely than another leg, they made other plans IN CASE, waited to see if all calmed down, it did, so on with it.

?

Or perhaps the scrapped the "find this street vendor" task and took a day to make a new plan.    :dontgo:
Oh, yeah, I agree with you. I also don't think we're missing a leg, but we COULD be.

Offline Bonnie

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1266 on: October 15, 2017, 10:24:03 AM »
Helps to have your own personal camera crew...crime deterrent.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 11:12:07 AM by Bonnie »

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1267 on: October 15, 2017, 10:40:22 AM »
Sounds like they may have landed in Harare in the last hour according to a few tweets by Jody fans.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 11:15:28 AM by Maanca »

Offline TARmap

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1268 on: October 15, 2017, 11:15:15 AM »
Could someone explain the Rome sightings? Were the teams mostly in Prague and just one task in Rome (or maybe a Fast Forward or something)?

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #1269 on: October 15, 2017, 11:20:17 AM »
It was possibly sequester.

Offline jodystan23

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1270 on: October 15, 2017, 11:22:39 AM »
6 teams are in Harare. Confirmed by Jody fan source.

Offline Winteriscoming

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1271 on: October 15, 2017, 11:26:28 AM »
I would really like to know who that 6th team is.. Hopefully we can find out today.

Offline Seastars

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1272 on: October 15, 2017, 11:27:00 AM »
Johneesa‏ @johneesa

Leg 7(Czch->Zmb) will be NEL
Leg 8(Zmb) will be an Elimination Leg with Double U-TURN in play
Remaining legs will move to Asia #Jody #TAR30

Anyone know this person of how they would know this?

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1273 on: October 15, 2017, 11:28:48 AM »
Could someone explain the Rome sightings? Were the teams mostly in Prague and just one task in Rome (or maybe a Fast Forward or something)?

Rome was probably where eliminated teams were sequestered or at least flew into. Rome has flights from many places, making it easy for eliminated teams to go there and I know Italy was used at least once before in Season 22 for sequestering.

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1274 on: October 15, 2017, 11:32:44 AM »
Unless they have some sort of in with a member of production with really loose lips, and they feel ballsy enough to put their informants job on the line by divulging that info, I think it’s just spec presented as fact

It’s likely they’ll hold two legs there, and not unreasonable to have another W-turn, but not officially confirmed