Author Topic: TAR 30: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!  (Read 803191 times)

Offline LibertyLove08

• RFF Jr. Member
Re: TAR 30: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!
« Reply #1175 on: October 14, 2017, 03:47:47 PM »
Out of Zurich flights include: Swiss International Air Lines SWR288
Zurich/Kloten (LSZH) to OR Tambo (FAOR) and connection to South African Airways SA048 to Livingstone, Zambia (like season 27?)
Also available on South African Airways SA7241 connecting with SA048 They would all land together.
Always have an attitude of gratitude. :)

Offline AmazingRaceFanatic3

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1176 on: October 14, 2017, 03:50:06 PM »
How can she confirm 6 teams when she didn’t know who else to look for? I wouldn’t say that’s a confirmation at all

Offline LibertyLove08

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1177 on: October 14, 2017, 03:51:31 PM »
Thanks guys! So we need to be searching Zurich's airport. Also looking for connecting flights to get them close to Zimbabwe?

Flight to Cape Town is boarding now. (WK084)

Flight to Johannesburg is also boarding now. (LX288)
Out of Zurich flights include: Swiss International Air Lines SWR288
Zurich/Kloten (LSZH) to OR Tambo (FAOR) and connection to South African Airways SA048 to Livingstone, Zambia (like season 27?)
Also available on South African Airways SA7241 connecting with SA048 They would all land together.
Modify message

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #1178 on: October 14, 2017, 03:52:16 PM »
The lady  on twitter confirmed only 6 teams left
https://twitter.com/dawnbeavers/status/919303095598944256
I wouldn't take this as fact yet.
She said she only saw 4 teams, so I don't know how that conclusion can be made yet. Unless there's more info she hasn't revealed yet.

Okay,pretty obvious by TimeFrame that we missed a leg near Prague. My guess is that Varsha's suggestion of Luhacovice Cz could have been right.

So let's keep searching there and  any nearby places that would bring them back to Prague to fly out.
Do you think that leg was a non elimination? Are there usually 2 of them?

I'm new to TAR
Usually there are 3 non-eliminations, so with the known one in Morocco, we're looking for 2 more.
It may have been during the leg we missed in Czech Republic. If there even is a leg we missed there. But it may have been an elimination, there's no way to tell.

Offline jodystan23

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1179 on: October 14, 2017, 03:52:50 PM »
How can she confirm 6 teams when she didn’t know who else to look for? I wouldn’t say that’s a confirmation at all
Someone tweeted her that 6 teams were left. She doesn't actually know that.

There were 4 teams on her flight, that's the important news.

Offline LibertyLove08

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1180 on: October 14, 2017, 03:55:37 PM »
Thanks guys! So we need to be searching Zurich's airport. Also looking for connecting flights to get them close to Zimbabwe?

Flight to Cape Town is boarding now. (WK084)

Flight to Johannesburg is also boarding now. (LX288)

Both flights have connections with South African Airways (SA048) taking them to Livingstone, Zambia   

I googled TAR27 in WIKI and found they went through Livingstone to Zimbabwa that way.

Offline LibertyLove08

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1181 on: October 14, 2017, 03:58:29 PM »
Someone tweeted her that 6 teams were left. She doesn't actually know that.

There were 4 teams on her flight, that's the important news.

There was an earlier flight to Zurich from Prague but at 10:25 am sometimes they leave much earlier but at some point end up meeting up at the same time.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #1182 on: October 14, 2017, 04:01:27 PM »
Okay,pretty obvious by TimeFrame that we missed a leg near Prague. My guess is that Varsha's suggestion of Luhacovice Cz could have been right.

So let's keep searching there and  any nearby places that would bring them back to Prague to fly out.

I'm new to TAR

Yes. In fact usually there are three legs where teams are not eliminated. They can be saved because is a pre-determined non-eliminated PS - a NEL - or because they arrive and find that instead of being checked they receive a new clue instructing to continue racing - a KOR -.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline LibertyLove08

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1183 on: October 14, 2017, 04:02:08 PM »
tracking flight information here:
https://www.getflightinfo.com/#/details/SWR/SWR288/1508013600/1508051400

Flight on Swiss SWR288 DEPARTURE
10:59 PM CEST
Oct 14
Gate E42
Terminal Unknown
ARRIVAL
09:09 AM SAST
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 04:26:00 PM by LibertyLove08 »

Offline Clueless

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1184 on: October 14, 2017, 04:10:03 PM »
Not an expert on airline protocol, so can someone tell me if an airline will confirm so-and-so (give the specific name) is listed as a passenger on a certain flight number? Thx!

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #1185 on: October 14, 2017, 04:14:48 PM »
I'm pretty sure that's private information.
Would have been utilised before for sure if it was legal. :tup:

Offline Clueless

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1186 on: October 14, 2017, 04:17:51 PM »
I'm pretty sure that's private information.
Would have been utilised before for sure if it was legal. :tup:

Thanks. That's what I figured but had to ask in case it was a legit way to get info! :D

Offline LibertyLove08

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1187 on: October 14, 2017, 05:04:12 PM »
 :conf: The following might help all Newbie's like me as far as places to search.  It was a good day today!!

Information from TAR27

Zambia → Zimbabwe)

While in Zambia, teams visited Victoria Falls, the largest sheet of falling water in the world.

to Livingstone, Zambia Zambia (Harry Mwanga Nkumbula International Airport)
Livingstone District (Mukuni Village)
Livingstone (Batoka Aerodrome) Roadblock: "Who wants to rise above the smoke that thunders?"
Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park (Victoria Falls – Knife's Edge)
Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe Zimbabwe (Shoestrings Backpackers Lodge) (Overnight rest)
Detour: Co-Op or Croquet Victoria Falls (The Big Five Co-Op or Victoria Falls Hotel)
Victoria Falls (Rose of Charity Orphanage) Double U-Turn: Tiffany & Krista attempted to U-Turn Justin & Diana and 2nd U-Turn not used Pit Stop: Leg 4
In this leg's Roadblock, one member from each team had to choose a microlight plane and fly above Victoria Falls to spot the route marker below the mist on Knife's Edge Bridge. Once landed, they reunited with their partner and traveled across Knife's Edge Bridge for their next clue.

The Detour was a choice between Co-Op or Croquet. In Co-Op, teams made their way to The Big Five Co-Op and had to stain and polish a carved wooden giraffe. When it was properly painted and dried, a woodcarver gave them their next clue. In Croquet, teams made their way to Victoria Falls Hotel and had to play croquet, scoring five points against professional players to receive their next clue.

Additional tasks
Teams were informed that their flight was to Livingstone, Zambia. They were tasked to book their tickets to O. R. Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg, South Africa and given two separate flight options to Livingstone that arrived 15 minutes apart.
Upon arrival in Livingstone, teams made their way to Mukuni Village and took part in a traditional welcome ceremony in which the village chief spat water on them as a blessing.
At the Shoestrings Backpackers Lodge in the nearby country of Zimbabwe, teams had to spend the night and pick one of three times to leave the following morning: 8:00 a.m., 8:10 a.m., or 8:20 a.m.
Leg 5 (Zimbabwe)

This leg of the race featured the first challenge of season 1 where they had to swing across Batoka Gorge.

Victoria Falls (The Lookout Café)
Victoria Falls National Park (Batoka Gorge) Roadblock: "Who wants to gorge themselves?"
Detour: Crocs or Canoes Victoria Falls (Elephants Walk Shopping and Artist Village – Crocodile Cage Diving or A Zambezi River Lodge)
Victoria Falls (Masuwe Safari Lodge – The Lion Encounter)
Victoria Falls (Masuwe Safari Lodge – Masuwe Private Game Reserve) Pit Stop: Leg 5
In this leg's Roadblock, each team had to select one member to participate in the very first task from season 1. The team member had to strap on a harness and free-fall 200 feet (61 m) into the Batoka Gorge and swing above the Zambezi River. Once they returned to the top, they got their next clue.

The Detour was a choice between Crocs or Canoes. In Crocs, teams had to travel to Crocodile Cage Diving at Elephants Walk Shopping and Artist Village. The teams changed into wetsuits and were submerged in a metal cage, using poles to feed meat to three Nile crocodiles. Once the meat was fed, they received their next clue. In Canoes, teams had to travel to A Zambezi River Lodge where they had to get an inflatable canoe and paddle together across the river. Once they arrived at the riverbank, one team member had to hoist their partner up a tree to retrieve the clue from a vulture's nest. Teams then paddled back across the river.

Additional tasks
After the Detour, teams were instructed to travel to The Lion Encounter at Masuwe Safari Lodge. Accompanied by safari instructors and two lions, they walked through the bush to find their next clue hidden in a skull. Only two teams were permitted to attempt this task at the same time.
After teams found their clue they had to walk to Masuwe Private Game Reserve, where they received a large cloth to tie around their heads. Each then had to get a basket of fruit at Masuwe Lodge to carry on their heads and continue walking carefully to the Pit Stop.
Leg 6 (Zimbabwe → France)

Roadblock: "Who wants to get their heart pumping?" Victoria Falls National Park (Victoria Falls Bridge)
Flight: Livingstone, Zambia (Harry Mwanga Nkumbula International Airport) to Paris, France France (Charles de Gaulle Airport)

The above are possible searching points these next few days.  Either ways, It's gonna be thrilling!

Offline Clueless

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1188 on: October 14, 2017, 05:29:53 PM »
Great info ^^^^^ from previous season to use for searching! Thanks! :)

But before I resume searching, is this correct?
Teams seen today on the plane were Debaters, Twins, Lifeguards & Jody.
No sightings today (YET) of Skiers, Indy Racers, Violinists or Eaters.
Believed to already have been eliminated: Ring Girls, Yoga Moms, Basketballers

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #1189 on: October 14, 2017, 05:42:08 PM »
Yes you are right, that's accurate.
At least one of Eaters/Indy Racers is eliminated as well.
Unless the leg in Prague was a NEL and there was no leg in between that and Zimbabwe, there are more teams that have been eliminated.

Offline Cpt.Carnage

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1190 on: October 14, 2017, 05:45:15 PM »
Yes you are right, that's accurate.
At least one of Eaters/Indy Racers is eliminated as well.
Unless the leg in Prague was a NEL and there was no leg in between that and Zimbabwe, there are more teams that have been eliminated.
Fingers crossed on Indy...

Offline Clueless

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1191 on: October 14, 2017, 05:47:38 PM »
Thanks for confirming, Marionete! :)

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #1192 on: October 14, 2017, 05:52:10 PM »
Why wold you go to Zimbabwe, over South Africa? ???  :groan: :haha

Offline geographyknower

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1193 on: October 14, 2017, 06:13:09 PM »
Why wold you go to Zimbabwe, over South Africa? ???  :groan: :haha

As a few have speculated, they're probably headed for Victoria Falls.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1194 on: October 14, 2017, 06:26:04 PM »
Not an expert on airline protocol, so can someone tell me if an airline will confirm so-and-so (give the specific name) is listed as a passenger on a certain flight number? Thx!

No way in he**.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline smiley

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1195 on: October 14, 2017, 06:27:15 PM »
What about Bulawayo?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1196 on: October 14, 2017, 06:27:44 PM »
For the game spotting! Supposed to be awesome there.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TARmap

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1197 on: October 14, 2017, 06:34:01 PM »
Sorry, can someone clarify if teams are on the flight to Johannesburg or Cape Town? Thanks a lot.

Offline Winteriscoming

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1198 on: October 14, 2017, 06:58:52 PM »

I'm new to TAR

There is usually 2 or 3 of them so there is a decent chance of this leg being non elimination.

Offline PikaBelleChu

• RFF Sr. Member
  • "Pika-Pika-pi? Pika!"
« Reply #1199 on: October 14, 2017, 07:05:56 PM »
Is that Yoga in the pink on the escalator?

Is that Violinist behind Debater?

The woman in pink is the female Debater. She's usually seen with a black headband on, and the male Debater was photographed settling down in the seat next to her on the flight.
I don't think the man in the background is Violinist. Violinists have matching light grey backpacks.

I figured that would be one of Skiers. that's Jen. the pink color is darker compared to Evan which has light pink. of course, that's Jen's headband and not Evan's, the female debater team always wear black cap wherever she goes.