Author Topic: TAR 29 Speculation and Discussion of **SPOILERS**  (Read 305799 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 29 Speculation and Discussion of **SPOILERS**
« Reply #175 on: June 18, 2016, 11:51:20 AM »
I think they are just hiding from us, congrats to them!!

But makes it kinda hard for us to stir up a BUZZ and excitement to help promote this new season!!

I think we could use a PHIL mystery photo! :funny:

So...while we are waiting, is everyone working on team ID's??

I have one more WHOLE TEAM coming later today!!  :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #176 on: June 18, 2016, 01:04:29 PM »
Or, hopefully this isn't the case  :funny: CBS called up Bertram in the middle of it to say: "We've decided to cancel your show. No need to finish the race, scrub it and fly home."

In seriousness, though, this is weird. Not finding anything, either.

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #177 on: June 18, 2016, 01:21:15 PM »
Or, hopefully this isn't the case  :funny: CBS called up Bertram in the middle of it to say: "We've decided to cancel your show. No need to finish the race, scrub it and fly home."

In seriousness, though, this is weird. Not finding anything, either.
Reminds me of the Season 20 spoiling season. Hopefully that is not the case this time around.

Back to watching/searching :escape
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #178 on: June 18, 2016, 02:15:58 PM »
I think they finally went to Antarctica. That could be, if you ignore the extra expense of flying everyone there and back on a chatered plane and that it's almost winter down there. I looked and couldn't find but 1 of the handful of weather stations reporting a temperature above 0F (-20C). That one was 7F with a 30 mph wind and snow.

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #179 on: June 18, 2016, 02:25:46 PM »
I think they finally went to Antarctica. That could be, if you ignore the extra expense of flying everyone there and back on a chatered plane and that it's almost winter down there. I looked and couldn't find but 1 of the handful of weather stations reporting a temperature above 0F (-20C). That one was 7F with a 30 mph wind and snow.

The alternative is by sea, but there is a body of water between there and South America's horn called the Drake Passage that is notoriously choppy.

I wish, though. No version in the world has touched that one :lol:

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #180 on: June 18, 2016, 02:27:06 PM »

There's no way since it's Winter, tour agencies only do them in Summer.

Offline freds

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #181 on: June 18, 2016, 02:32:51 PM »
Someone did list the likely flights breakdown yesterday, just can't find the post anymore now.

Discounting the US, the rest of So Am, and the 20 or so LOVELY flights to Iguassu Falls...

Here are the International flights tomorrow: 6/14:

madrid    200
Rome      305
Madrid    310
Paris     345
Lisbon    345
London    410
Munich    445
Jo-burg    600
Zurich     605P
Frankfurt     710
Amsterdam  715P
Toronto     805
Abu Dhabi  1005P
Frankfurt  1010
Paris      1035
Madrid     1055P
Barcelona  1155
London     1155

London/Frankfurt/AMS open up all of Europe and Scandinavia nicely.

Looking at the flights and since we got no sightings in a while they could have gone to Johannesburg
Jo-burg    600

or flew to a European destination and/or transit to another country
Hopefully we can catch them soon and backwards map

The surprising part of no sightings is quite puzzling actually because contestants literally have amazing race written on their fanny packs. Anyone technically could tell its the amazing race. :funny: :funny: :funny: :groan:

They are maybe in Lisbon or Portugal. This city is the smallest in the international flight list and Portugal is a small country with a lot of places to visit include acores and madera island. But for the moment, the racers are lost and we can just search and speculate.

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #182 on: June 18, 2016, 02:41:17 PM »
Someone did list the likely flights breakdown yesterday, just can't find the post anymore now.

Discounting the US, the rest of So Am, and the 20 or so LOVELY flights to Iguassu Falls...

madrid    200
Rome      305
Madrid    310
Paris     345
Lisbon    345
London    410
Munich    445
Jo-burg    600
Zurich     605P
Frankfurt     710
Amsterdam  715P
Toronto     805
Abu Dhabi  1005P
Frankfurt  1010
Paris      1035
Madrid     1055P
Barcelona  1155
London     1155

Looking at the flights and since we got no sightings in a while they could have gone to Johannesburg
Jo-burg    600

The surprising part of no sightings is quite puzzling actually because contestants literally have amazing race written on their fanny packs. Anyone technically could tell its the amazing race. :funny: :funny: :funny: :groan:

They are maybe in Lisbon or Portugal. This city is the smallest in the international flight list and Portugal is a small country with a lot of places to visit include acores and madera island. But for the moment, the racers are lost and we can just search and speculate.

Lisbon is in Portugal. :/ Anyway we would get sightings there because many tourists go there, if they're currently in Europe they're probably in Northern Scandinavia, I mean there would be no sightings there. They could go to Spain this season (Madrid & Santiago pls) but I hope they visit Finland and Eastern Europe. They could've gone to Togo, there are direct flights from São Paulo, probs not though  :funny:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #183 on: June 18, 2016, 03:40:34 PM »
For many seasons, The AMAZING RACE Fanny Pack disappeared...guess they WANT us to be seen now?? Interesting choice, lol.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #184 on: June 18, 2016, 06:06:57 PM »
If anyone REALLY thinks they are going to Africa, I have some lovely oceanfront property for you in Nevada.

Production would never give an honest answer to that Question.

Turns out this was said by a local production person-- not one of ours...so perhaps a truthful answer could have been correct.

Joburg flight remains a possibility!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline freds

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #185 on: June 18, 2016, 06:54:44 PM »
It's possible that TAR29 will be the same format as TAR Chinese 3 (2 legs for each month)? It's an incredible speculation but we never know. If the race is actually on, phil and the contestants are world champion to hide  :funny:

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #186 on: June 18, 2016, 06:56:35 PM »
For many seasons, The AMAZING RACE Fanny Pack disappeared...guess they WANT us to be seen now?? Interesting choice, lol.

Yay maybe South Africa
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline TARFanMan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #187 on: June 18, 2016, 07:20:32 PM »
I'm not sure about South Africa as its a really populated country. I'm pretty sure we would know if they went to South Africa. Maybe they went to somewhere like the Canary Islands or a country with little population. Maybe they went to Angola (it would be a first time visit  :trampb:)

As for leg 3, the teams may have gone to Manaus and the Amazon because we lost them at that point. Let me see if I can find flights from that day from Manaus. It probably wouldn't do any help as they probably had a layover somewhere.  (:;)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #188 on: June 18, 2016, 07:25:17 PM »
It's possible that TAR29 will be the same format as TAR Chinese 3 (2 legs for each month)? It's an incredible speculation but we never know. If the race is actually on, phil and the contestants are world champion to hide  :funny:

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Vodka.

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #189 on: June 18, 2016, 07:44:42 PM »
maybe traveling to other planet

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #190 on: June 19, 2016, 03:08:40 AM »
maybe traveling to other planet

:funny:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #191 on: June 19, 2016, 03:10:15 AM »
What if they go to Oceania, or a few of those countless small islands around the planet?

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #192 on: June 19, 2016, 03:41:09 AM »
What if they go to Oceania, or a few of those countless small islands around the planet?

It is possible they could of flown somewhere like that like landing in Auckland during the night
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #193 on: June 19, 2016, 03:55:37 AM »
The worst thing is, we haven't even found out whether it's an eastward or a westward route yet, so we can't even decrease the spectrum of continents to look at :lol:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #194 on: June 19, 2016, 04:07:16 AM »
The worst thing is, we haven't even found out whether it's an eastward or a westward route yet, so we can't even decrease the spectrum of continents to look at :lol:

:lol: :faint:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #195 on: June 19, 2016, 08:35:15 AM »
Is it possible for TAR to have an overly long pit stop due to some kind of difficulty? ???

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #196 on: June 19, 2016, 09:05:09 AM »
Is it possible for TAR to have an overly long pit stop due to some kind of difficulty? ???

Not a week.

Offline ICONBLEED

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #197 on: June 19, 2016, 09:14:01 AM »
maybe they went to Tristan de Cunha  :swim
Ryan to Abbie
You Spread I'll Pound!!

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #198 on: June 19, 2016, 09:23:51 AM »

madrid    200
Rome      305
Madrid    310
Paris     345
Lisbon    345
London    410
Munich    445
Jo-burg    600
Zurich     605P
Frankfurt     710
Amsterdam  715P
Toronto     805
Abu Dhabi  1005P
Frankfurt  1010
Paris      1035
Madrid     1055P
Barcelona  1155
London     1155

Jo-burg    600

Lisbon is in Portugal. :/ Anyway we would get sightings there because many tourists go there, if they're currently in Europe they're probably in Northern Scandinavia, I mean there would be no sightings there. They could go to Spain this season (Madrid & Santiago pls) but I hope they visit Finland and Eastern Europe. They could've gone to Togo, there are direct flights from São Paulo, probs not though  :funny:

If they did go to Northern Scandinavia, we at least should get a sighting from a connecting airport somewhere in Europe. Looking back at Season 23, I remember we got a sighting in Svolvaer, Norway with 1 pic. There are flights from Sao Paulo to Togo, Ethiopian Airlines serves this route.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 09:28:55 AM by TARUSAFan »

Offline TARFanMan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #199 on: June 19, 2016, 09:31:52 AM »
According to a video I found, Elise Doganieri has stated that if teams were to go to a rather warm country, they normally send them to a cool place for the next leg. Since Brazil is a rather humid and warm country, the choices would be northern Scandanavia, Switzerland (very unlikely as it was visited last season), and Antarctica.

Or... Maybe they went to the Andes and then tricked us like TAR13, where teams end up going westward.

Maybe one of those places could've been their next visit?