Author Topic: TAR 29 Speculation and Discussion of **SPOILERS**  (Read 307419 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 29 Speculation and Discussion of **SPOILERS**
« Reply #125 on: June 15, 2016, 12:52:49 AM »
NO,> They left from the airport this afternoon.  Please read the live thread?

I did. The one posted by Candi is in Brazil right?

Yes. The get the clue for the next leg start. They left for the airport then. And that is what we know so far. It does not suggest a third leg in Brazil. 
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #126 on: June 15, 2016, 01:31:39 AM »

Yes. The get the clue for the next leg start. They left for the airport then. And that is what we know so far. It does not suggest a third leg in Brazil.

Do we know which airport they're heading for? So maybe we can narrow down the next possible locations. ???
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #127 on: June 15, 2016, 03:41:12 AM »
They will likely go to Sao Paulo Guarulhos International Airport (GRU) in order to leave Brazil.
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #128 on: June 15, 2016, 04:52:34 AM »
Someone did list the likely flights breakdown yesterday, just can't find the post anymore now.

Thought about some things overnight, and there seems to be some additional info we might able to gleam about the Sao Paulo leg. As it's not confirmed by sighting, mostly logic, I'll put it here on spec.

What we know:
- Helicopter ride from Carapicuiba to Heliport in Paulista area, starting at 5am, with departure times  with 15 minutes intervals and there were 5 helicopters. Meaning there were 5 Departure times: 5:00 - 5:15 -5:30 - 5:45 - 6:00
- FF team spotted at metro train around 8:30am. I would later see them around 12:30pm heading to RB.
- Teams performed RB between 10am(ish) till 1pm(ish)

Spec:
- It seems very likely that there was an additional task at whatever building they were dropped off from the Helicopter ride. You can actually drive from Carapicuiba to the Paulista area in about an hour and that's considering some traffic (and taxis also get the benefit of using bus lanes if they have passengers). Helicopter ride I assume should be shorter. A task during flight is very unlikely, with two teams per aircraft, and the city was still very dark around 5am. It's the thing that would make sense time wise for FF team being spotted around 8:30am, even if they got last departure time.
- There was probably a clue box / clue pick-up spot at Praça da Sé, that being for the Detour. The FF team metro sighting seems to be specific about getting them to Se station, which is a few blocks away from the reported detour location which has closer stations for that matter. From Praça da Sé they can travel by foot (it's like 15 minute walk) or taxi to detour options.
- Getting demo and performing detour succesfully probably took a while, cause traveling to Praça da Sé, then going to detour places and then back to Paulista area doesn't take that long, and finding taxis not really a problem around these places.
- On that subject, I have to assume FF team completed the detour and also took metro back to Paulista to find RB clue. The place where they ran past me, makes it unlikely they took a taxi, that could have dropped them off at the or closer to where the Clue giver for the RB was, where they wouldn't have ran past me.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #129 on: June 15, 2016, 04:59:30 AM »
Do we even know if they left Brazil? They could have flown to a city inside Brazil.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #130 on: June 15, 2016, 05:15:17 AM »

After taking a look again, the pit stop mat was mostly covered. :groan: It was unobvious too. I thought the team was just posing to rip an ordinary clue, not a pit start clue.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #131 on: June 15, 2016, 08:36:30 AM »
Someone did list the likely flights breakdown yesterday, just can't find the post anymore now.

Discounting the US, the rest of So Am, and the 20 or so LOVELY flights to Iguassu Falls...

Here are the International flights tomorrow: 6/14:

madrid    200
Rome      305
Madrid    310
Paris     345
Lisbon    345
London    410
Munich    445
Jo-burg    600
Zurich     605P
Frankfurt     710
Amsterdam  715P
Toronto     805
Abu Dhabi  1005P
Frankfurt  1010
Paris      1035
Madrid     1055P
Barcelona  1155
London     1155

London/Frankfurt/AMS open up all of Europe and Scandinavia nicely.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TARFanMan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #132 on: June 15, 2016, 12:09:59 PM »
By the looks of things so far:
Leg 1: Panama
Leg 2: São Paulo, Brazil
Leg 3: eastern Brazil

Leg 4 is definitely Europe or Africa. I would like to see a country in Western Africa like Nigeria or Côte d'Ivoire get visited for the first time. They deserve visits.

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #133 on: June 15, 2016, 12:20:55 PM »
Could leg 3 be in Paraty & (or) Ilha Grande.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #134 on: June 15, 2016, 12:45:26 PM »
Where are you getting Eastern Brazil from?

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #135 on: June 15, 2016, 12:55:57 PM »
Where are you getting Eastern Brazil from?
Could leg 3 be in Paraty & (or) Ilha Grande.

Leg 4 is definitely Europe or Africa. I would like to see a country in Western Africa like Nigeria or Côte d'Ivoire get visited for the first time. They deserve visits.

Nothing is confirmed yet. We have to wait for teams to appear again. For now, all we know is teams departed for leg 3.
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #136 on: June 15, 2016, 01:08:46 PM »

NO evidence for eastern Brazil that I know of.

Next leg is NOT determined.

Please don't say "definitely" until we know for sure? Thanks!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #137 on: June 15, 2016, 01:11:05 PM »
No matter where they are, they should have landed. PLEASE everyone watch social media for airport sightings??
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #138 on: June 15, 2016, 06:57:51 PM »
From the Hollywood Reporter Article:

But these fans made a point of saying, "We don't want to ruin anything for other fans by divulging who came in where or what happened."

And then we figured out the PS placements anyway :lol: :lol: :lol: <3 Good job again to our Brazillian spoilers!

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #139 on: June 15, 2016, 11:45:00 PM »
Have you ever had any near close calls on the production side?

Just this morning, I was trying to get ahead of the teams. It was a very tight race, and I was trying to get ahead to the pit stop, and this bread company was handing out bread on the street. It was a big party celebration on the street. Meanwhile, I was getting texts [from producers] saying that the teams were actually likely to beat me to the pit stop. There is a whole other layer, which makes it extremely exciting, and the excitement and unpredictability come through on the screen.

Could this be a lead to the country of the leg Phil was talking about? :P

The bread company?

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #140 on: June 16, 2016, 12:37:18 AM »

Just this morning, I was trying to get ahead of the teams. It was a very tight race, and I was trying to get ahead to the pit stop, and this bread company was handing out bread on the street. It was a big party celebration on the street. Meanwhile, I was getting texts [from producers] saying that the teams were actually likely to beat me to the pit stop. There is a whole other layer, which makes it extremely exciting, and the excitement and unpredictability come through on the screen.

The bread company?

Possibly, but I think it's likelier that the interview was yesterday or the day before and the bread company is in Sao Paulo. If it's not in Sao Paulo or Panama City, I'm not sure how you'd find the bread company holding the celebration. It sounds like a needle in a haystack search.

Offline TARFanMan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #141 on: June 16, 2016, 12:39:12 AM »

The bread company?
The bread company is probably in São Paulo, definitely in Brazil. I know this because in part of an answer for another question, he says "in Brazil today".

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #142 on: June 16, 2016, 02:45:13 AM »
This may well prove to be nothing useful, but I can't tell for sure. I saw this tweet below from earlier today in Arabic that may be a sighting, apparently from Cairo. It seems improbable, but I figured I'd share it anyway and see what others think, since we seem to have lost them right now. The timing would be about right for a flight from Sao Paulo to Europe and then to Egypt.

Ahmed Saber ‏@Eng_Suppo  12h12 hours ago
هو The Amazing Race بيعدي في مصر؟!
لا بجد، أصل أجانب في خط جيزة شبرا بتاع المترو is so weird على عنيا
4:36 AM - 15 Jun 2016

which Bing translates as:

Is The Amazing Race cross into Egypt?!
No, seriously, the origin of foreigners in Metro line so angry is weird btaa shubra on Ania

Google comes up with:

Niala on hard, the origin of foreigners in brief Shubra line Btaa Almitroho The Amazing Race Abieda in Egypt ?!
is so weird

Though while cut and pasting, I get the English and Arabic words shifted around in Google while I'm copying them, so that probably alters the translation a bit.

A little googling finds that there is a Giza-Shubra line on the Cairo Metro system, so the sighting (if it is one) appears to have been there. I could see a team lost on the Cairo Metro being angry. I have a hard time believing that TAR would find Egypt to be a safe destination, so I wouldn't expect they would go there. I could be wrong though. I haven't heard of any recent trouble in Egypt, but I admit I don't follow the news from there closely. Most likely, the guy just saw some foreigners on the Cairo Metro and threw out a TAR reference while commenting on it.  If anyone here knows Arabic, a better translation might help. The guy's twitter feed has links to posts on his Facebook page, but the ones I looked at didn't seem to have anything to do with TAR. He appears to be an engineering student or maybe an engineer from what I can tell.

ask him describe team or picture this only way we could confrim

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #143 on: June 16, 2016, 03:24:04 AM »
This may well prove to be nothing useful, but I can't tell for sure. I saw this tweet below from earlier today in Arabic that may be a sighting, apparently from Cairo. It seems improbable, but I figured I'd share it anyway and see what others think, since we seem to have lost them right now. The timing would be about right for a flight from Sao Paulo to Europe and then to Egypt.

No, seriously, the origin of foreigners in Metro line so angry is weird btaa shubra on Ania

Google comes up with:

Niala on hard, the origin of foreigners in brief Shubra line Btaa Almitroho The Amazing Race Abieda in Egypt ?!
is so weird

Though while cut and pasting, I get the English and Arabic words shifted around in Google while I'm copying them, so that probably alters the translation a bit.

A little googling finds that there is a Giza-Shubra line on the Cairo Metro system, so the sighting (if it is one) appears to have been there. I could see a team lost on the Cairo Metro being angry. I have a hard time believing that TAR would find Egypt to be a safe destination, so I wouldn't expect they would go there. I could be wrong though. I haven't heard of any recent trouble in Egypt, but I admit I don't follow the news from there closely. Most likely, the guy just saw some foreigners on the Cairo Metro and threw out a TAR reference while commenting on it.  If anyone here knows Arabic, a better translation might help. The guy's twitter feed has links to posts on his Facebook page, but the ones I looked at didn't seem to have anything to do with TAR. He appears to be an engineering student or maybe an engineer from what I can tell.

We need someone who can communicate in Arabic to do it.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #144 on: June 16, 2016, 04:04:56 AM »
We should really try to reach out to the Egyptian on live sightings. I don't think we have any Arabic people here at RFF (could be very wrong though), so maybe let's try English? Who knows, maybe he speaks English really well and was simply tweeting in his native language - completely logical.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #145 on: June 16, 2016, 04:20:24 AM »

Google comes up with:

is so weird

We need someone who can communicate in Arabic to do it.

I'd just ask for more details, but I'd have to trust an online translator to convert my message from English to Arabic. As you can see from my attempt to translate above, it probably wouldn't come out as anything he could understand.

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #146 on: June 16, 2016, 04:32:18 AM »

The bread company?
The bread company is probably in São Paulo, definitely in Brazil. I know this because in part of an answer for another question, he says "in Brazil today".

This morning did seem specific. So wonder if he only shot the Detour intros after most teams left. RB spot was so close to the PitStop, it's the most likely way he get stuck on the way to the Pitstop.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #147 on: June 16, 2016, 05:08:49 AM »
Already done guys, let's see what happens? Thanks Plaid!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #148 on: June 16, 2016, 08:50:26 PM »
Since no one knew their partner before hand this season, it would make sense for there to be a "how well do you know your partner" challenge in the last few legs.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #149 on: June 16, 2016, 10:12:18 PM »
The dragon-boat racers have uploaded a video which matches our Detour dock, but I haven't found the exact spot yet.