Author Topic: S31: Kimmi Kappenberg (Bayon)  (Read 5694 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
S31: Kimmi Kappenberg (Bayon)
« on: August 25, 2015, 03:18:17 PM »
Kimmi Kappenberg

Image Credit: Monty Brinton/CBS

Season 2 Survivor: The Australian Outback

Previous Finish: 12th place

What will you do differently this time around? "I didn't have an alliance the first time. I would rather have a bad alliance than no alliance. I have the motivation of being a single mother to 2 boys this time. The first time was an adventure for me; this time is to provide for my sons."
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: S31: Kimmi Kappenberg (Bayon)
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 03:18:52 PM »
saved
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 11:02:32 PM »

Kimmy is coming for her million dollar cheque!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2015, 03:54:54 AM »
I legitimately screamed the minute she was revealed to have gotten on Cambodia on the Worlds Apart finale, did NOT expect her to make it considering all the polls I was cross-checking while voting everyday :lol:

But she's here now so Kimmi <333333333

She better make it far, her winning returning journey has been nearly fifteen years in the making!

Offline Zapetepe

• RFF Not So Newbie
    • General Discussion Forum
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2015, 04:56:19 PM »
She got a bad rap in Australia really for nothing (that we saw).
Really hope she kicks ass this time around. :wohoo:

Melbourne Center Of Open Discussion.Debates.General Chat.Politics.Societal Attitudes.Causes.Headline News.And More.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2015, 06:05:57 PM »
Seeing her return... it's just so surreal and like.. did we ever deserve this? <3

Offline Ryan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I can climb a damn tree.
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2015, 01:36:54 PM »
If she doesn't get highlighted big in the next 3 episodes, I won't care much for her.

Prove to me, Kappenberg, that you're the 8th member from Aussie Outback we wanted to see back. :P
SNEAKY SNEAKY

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2015, 12:40:22 PM »
Analysis of Kimmi Kappenberg (original Bayon Tribe).

Following Episode 1 (posted in the wrong place last week): Kimmi Kappenberg did not get much face time in the first episode. I assume that her strategy is to fly under the radar and learn from her past mistakes of escalating tension at camp. At the same time, she will be at the bottom of any alliance and expendable unless she acquires some form of power, such as the Hidden Immunity Idol or some form of good will (i.e. winning a reward for a team, taking a well-regarded tribemate on a reward) that would make it a bad move to vote against her.

Following Episode 2: Kimmi continues to receive little face-time, which leads me to believe that she is doing her best not to make waves (learning from her past mistakes) and is happy to let others do that. However, there are a lot of smart women on her current tribe which similarly will not let that happen. Like Tasha, Kimmi might benefit from joining a new tribe with several of the women on the other tribe, if only because she is less likely to be a victim of a numbers game.

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2015, 01:38:46 PM »
Kimmi Kappenberg (Bayon Tribe, original Bayon)
Following Episode 3: Kimmi continues to fly under the radar. I am sure she remains close with Monica and could pull in Kelly Wigglesworth as a comrade from the very early days of Survivor. As I have discussed in previous posts, the original Bayon women are a strong group who could prove to outlast most men.

Following Episode 4: Kimmi continued to fly under the radar. As I noted elsewhere, the preview scenes from the next episode seemed to suggest in-fighting amongst the women of this tribe. Perhaps Kimmi's temper finally got the better of her. She needs to work well with all members of this tribe if she wants to last longer than the strong women of the new Ta Keo tribe (Kass, Ciera, Wentworth).

--------
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 02:15:03 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline WinTar

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2015, 10:27:05 AM »
Queen

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2015, 11:38:35 AM »

Thanks for the gif Reilly

My fave moment of the last episode :lol:

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2015, 02:05:36 PM »
I literally lolled during that part.
And watched it like... 10 times. :funny:

Offline scruffs

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2015, 07:54:44 PM »
I liked her on the recent episode. There's just something about her and the way she's coping up and not losing her temper. I didn't saw her season, so I would like to ask, how was her performance on her first time? I know I can just google it but I want to know it coming from you guys on how she did last season, any big moves, her downfall which places her in this season, if any?

And yeah that confessional was so entertaining!  :funny: :funny: :funny:
Chance favors prepared minds.

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2015, 07:59:50 PM »
Her downfall was getting into a fight with Alicia because Alicia wanted to kill the chickens every day and Kimmi the vegetarian wanted to save them for challenges. That's why I loved/lold at the role reversal at the latest episode.

She was booted 5th last time but she was loud, talked about topics that others were prude about to be nice(lol) and was scurred of the river water so she didn't bathe so was isolated from the love tribe. She had a nice arc in the era where pre-merge boots got nice compelling stories(hers came full circle when she took a bath in the river <3)

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2015, 06:27:37 AM »

Thanks for the gif Reilly

My fave moment of the last episode :lol:

Was waiting for this gif <3
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2015, 04:47:34 PM »
Kimmi Kappenberg (Bayon after 2nd swap, Bayon after 1st swap, original Bayon)
Following Episodes 5 and 6: Making the move to vote out Monica was Kimmi's first and only significant contribution to this season. Otherwise, she has flown under the radar, which has served her well, since I am sure the other former Bayon members perceive Stephen and Jeremy as the protagonists of that move. Kimmi needs to reestablish trust with the other original Bayon members after the tribes merge. Unfortunately, I see her as an eventual victim of the numbers game.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 09:32:14 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2015, 04:50:09 PM »
Kimmi Kappenberg (original Bayon, Bayon after 1st swap, Bayon after 2nd swap)
Following Episode 7 (the merge): Kimmi was probably most relieved to be reunited with the original Bayon members. She was one of the castaways who was most outspoken about being "Bayon strong" -- certainly the "old school" way of playing. I believe that this stems from the fact that she can continue flying under the radar and have more targets in front of her. At some point, she will need to choose sides between the pairings of Jeremy and Fishbach, Joe and Keith, and Savage and Tasha. Either way she goes, she can take comfort in the fact that they will need her more than she needs them.

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2015, 03:04:41 PM »
Following Episode 8: Kimmi remains in a decent position for now. Certainly she is not perceived as a threat which must be removed sooner rather than later as several of her fellow castaways are. Aside from Monica's elimination, she has not put her fingerprints on the game enough to make the case for Sole Survivor. She also does not appear to be a candidate for making a big move now, as more so than anyone she is insulated by the remaining members of her alliance. It would be most interesting to see her make a move now, as that would impress me, but probably not her tribemates.

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2015, 01:47:38 PM »
Following Episode 9: Kimmi continues to fly under the radar and latch onto power players for as long as possible. The problem for her now is that Joe and Keith are on one side while Jeremy and Stephen Fishbach are on another. Perhaps the strategy of creating a women's alliance proffered by her former tribemate Monica would serve her well, although it might be too late to accomplish that, since there is a clear rivalry between Tasha and Ciera, and she just lost the trustworthy Kelly Wiglesworth.

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2015, 01:03:54 PM »
Following Episodes 10, 11, and 12: Other than the elimination of Monica, Kimmi has been a non-factor throughout the game. The double-episode in which Stephen twice received the most votes at tribal council and was eliminated the second time revealed how she did have a close bond with him (having spent the entire time in the same tribe, along with Jeremy). If Kimmi reaches the finals without Jeremy, she would likely receive winning votes from Stephen and Jeremy. The question is who else might see the worthiness of her gameplay. Ironically, she proffered the all-women alliance after refusing such an offer from Monica earlier on. It is probably her only shot of winning, since she needs a few other winning votes (possible from Joe and Keith).

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2015, 11:12:45 AM »
Following Episode 13: Kimmi is one of the so-called "goats" who does not deserve to win for floating through without making any moves. She actually did have a tide-changing impact in the game by knocking off Monica when Spencer or Kelly Wiglesworth was a prime candidate at that time. She also led the charge to unite the women against Joe, which probably eliminated any chance he had to survive that vote. She falls second to Jeremy for the loyalty she has displayed, which might win her some favor, particularly from Andrew Savage and Kelly Wiglesworth and potential juror Tasha.

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • BIG MISTAKE
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2015, 03:52:34 PM »
Such a star<3333
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2015, 05:10:25 AM »
Kimmi <3

It's so surreal having her be the fifth person voted out and making the Final Six after fourteen years like.... wow.

Admittedly her early-game could be better, but we are all truly blessed that Kimmi managed to return lol.

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2015, 11:42:19 AM »
Following Season Finale: Kimmi was absolutely correct to want to target Jeremy, because since the elimination of Joe, Jeremy was the overwhelming favorite to win Sole Survivor. She also had no idea how loyal he was to her, as it is very possible that if there were a final four of Kimmi, Jeremy, Spencer, and Tasha, Jeremy would have eliminated Spencer to leave her in the final three. Kimmi took action at the wrong time, as the numbers at best gave her a tie vote. Given all the craziness with multiple hidden immunity idols played and zero votes counting, and then tie-breaking procedures which would have immunized everyone but Keith if they did not unanimously vote Kimmi for elimination, Kimmi was sunk. In hindsight, her play would have been to band together with Keith, Kelley Wentworth, and Abi-Maria one vote earlier to go after Jeremy (maintaining most of the women's alliance that Tasha had formed one vote earlier), but based upon who went on a reward and who stayed behind along with the loyalty she wanted to keep toward Jeremy at that point, which was indeed reciprocated, she failed to seize moments that other's successfully seized at various points in the game and probably deserved this fate. Her feelings of heartbreak toward Jeremy during the final tribal council were misplaced, since she was the one who instigated the attempt to eliminate him, and Spencer and Tasha distrusted her more than Jeremy. She also was a bit out of line in describing Spencer's speech at the previous tribal council as bullying, as it was more so a persuasive and passionate argument toward Jeremy about understanding the voting dynamics of the jury and his potential role in it if he were to wind up there. Yes, Spencer could have dialed it down a bit, but he was in no way belittling Jeremy or anyone else. All around, Kimmi failed at critical moments this season.