Author Topic: S31: Jeremy Collins (Bayon)  (Read 3052 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
S31: Jeremy Collins (Bayon)
« on: August 25, 2015, 02:32:38 PM »
Jeremy Collins

Image Credit: Monty Brinton/CBS

Season 29 Survivor: San Juan del Sur

Previous Finish: 10th place

What will you do differently this time around? "1. I need to do a better job picking my alliance. Last time I was on, my alliance turned their back on me at the first chance they got, so I would pick more trustworthy and loyal people. 2. I would try to improve in my immunity challenges.... I was terrible in those! 3. Lastly, I would enjoy the moment. I was thinking so much about the game that I didn't take in the moment and it was over just like that [snap fingers]."

http://www.ew.com/gallery/survivor-cambodia-second-chance-cast-photos/2285438_jeremy-collins

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: S31: Jeremy Collins (Bayon)
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 04:25:41 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/W48ITkCznBY" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/W48ITkCznBY</a>
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 12:38:49 PM »
Analysis of Jeremy Collins (original Bayon Tribe).

Following Episode 1 (posted in the wrong place last week): Jeremy was smart to forge alliances in the early going, particularly with the strong working men. That will serve him well later in the game, provided he does not get paranoid about backstabbing possibilities. He can fly under the radar of those alliances. If he is smart, he will build relationships with the perceived weaker members of his tribe to insulate him from plots against the strong men. The only way Jeremy does not make the jury in my opinion is if there is a swap/split/merge that does not go in his favor. Even still, I believe that members of the other tribe might want to work with him.

Following Episode 2: Jeremy's reaction to Andrew Savage's personal story showed us his deep conflicts about playing the game he loves while being away from his pregnant wife. This set in comparison to Stephen Fishbach's misguided interpretation of Jeremy's reasons for wanting to get away from camp further strengthens Jeremy's place in a majority alliance with the other hard-working men of his tribe (Savage, Joe, Keith). He remains in a good place, but I suspect he could be picked off by what I view as a strong group of female strategists on his tribe, who might be more inclined to strategize with other men on his tribe who would not garner as much sympathy as him at a final tribal council vote.

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2015, 01:37:49 PM »
Jeremy Collins (Bayon Tribe, original Bayon)
Following Episode 3: Jeremy, much like Kelly Wentworth, achieved the double success of finding the Hidden Immunity Idol clue and then securing the idol (presumably without anyone else noticing) during the challenge. I fear that, unlike Wentworth, he will reveal it to an ally too early, and it will ultimately become known by everyone that he has it. So he will be targeted. Jeremy did not benefit from the tribe split/swap, as his team lacks physical strength.

Following Episode 4: Jeremy was able to look at the Hidden Immunity Idol for the first time. He remains in a strong position, as the other men in his tribe are clearer targets, and from the preview scenes from the next episode, there appears to be in-fighting among the women in his tribe. So he potentially possesses the all-powerful swing vote.

--------
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 02:17:04 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2015, 04:46:45 PM »
Jeremy Collins (Bayon after 2nd swap, Bayon after 1st swap, original Bayon)
Following Episodes 5 and 6: Jeremy is my sleeper pick to make it to the final vote. Certainly his hidden immunity idol will help him at some point. He appears to be working with everyone and has not made any enemies (demonstrated with his bonding time with Spencer in the episode before last). Much like Ciera can take comfort in knowing that Kass will be targeted more often than her for making the same moves, Jeremy can take comfort knowing that Stephen will be targeted for the same reasons. I am waiting to see Jeremy make a major move, but I am sure he wants to wait until later in the game.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 09:41:19 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2015, 04:49:20 PM »
Jeremy Collins (original Bayon, Bayon after 1st swap, Bayon after 2nd swap)
Following Episode 7 (the merge): Jeremy remains in a safe position. The two most interesting stories for him will be whether he will need to use his hidden immunity idol at any point and whether he will go along with Stephen in targeting Joe for elimination sooner rather than later. I enjoyed listening to Jeremy smoothly tell his tribemates that he did not think Kass had an idol (knowing that he has the one from Bayon). Since he appears to have a better relationship with Tasha and Savage than Joe does, he might ultimately have the opportunity to claim responsibility for the biggest shifts in the game (eliminating Joe and eventually eliminating Savage).

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2015, 03:04:07 PM »
Following Episode 8: As discussed under Andrew Savage, Jeremy displayed the most wisdom of anyone in his nine-person alliance by not overacting to Stephen Fishbach's desire to oust Joe. Obviously hindsight will suggest that Fishbach should have been targeted if only to prevent the elimination of Savage, but Jeremy clearly explained how Fishbach's absence would paint a bigger target on him, not to mention that there was no need to allow Ciera, Kelley Wentworth, and Abi-Maria to survive any more votes than necessary, since it would weaken everyone else's position. Jeremy becomes a pivotal player, as he holds the only remaining hidden immunity idol and would be the primary candidate for making a big move. In his private confessionals, he has expressed a desire to do that, yet the consensus among the remaining castaways might still place the largest target on Fishbach, since he has been outed as an untrustworthy schemer.

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2015, 01:49:16 PM »
Following Episode 9: Even though Stephen Fishbach obtained a never-before-seen and very powerful advantage during the immunity challenge, the star of this episode was Jeremy for finding a second hidden immunity idol and continuing to keep both of his idols under wraps. As Ciera made known to the tribemates with whom she shared the reward, Jeremy is likely a winner if he is still in the game at the final vote. That would be even further bolstered if he could wear two unused hidden immunity idols at the final tribal council. However, it is likely that he will be targeted often, especially after Joe is eliminated. He could wind up using them at back-to-back tribal councils. Jeremy has a long way to go in this game, and the appearance of those idols should be entertaining.

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2015, 01:05:12 PM »
Following Episodes 10, 11, and 12: Of the remaining seven castaways at this point, Jeremy is probably the easiest decision for the title of Sole Survivor. The other six know this and will certainly want to do everything possible to eliminate him before the finalists are set. However, if Spencer, Tasha, and Kimmi do this too soon, they likely would spoil their own candidacies by betraying his steadfast loyalty to them. Perhaps this is the greatest conundrum from this point forward. What will be interesting to watch is whether anyone would suspect him of having that second hidden immunity idol (similar to the intrigue of Kelley Wentworth's second idol). Certainly it will be crucial for him to play it at just the right time, as he did to spare Stephen and eliminate Ciera. Jeremy has the luxury of selecting anyone to sit in the finals with him, which means he can remain loyal to his alliance longer than they can remain loyal to him. He can target Abi-Maria, Kelley, and Keith for elimination and yet still receive their winning votes.

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2015, 11:14:16 AM »
Following Episode 13: Jeremy appears to be an unstoppable force in terms of his candidacy for Sole Survivor. He has made all the right moves and been able to show a great amount of loyalty and trust. Even for those whom he eliminated, he did it respectfully and in a way that demonstrated his greater loyalty to a core group with which he had hoped to take to this point in the game. He still has most of that group together (minus Stephen). So it suggests that his next two votes for elimination will be Kelley Wentworth and Keith. The only thing that could derail his plans is Wentworth's hidden immunity idol. If Jeremy can avoids such a surprise method of elimination and can persuade the remaining castaways to take him to the end in the event he does not win the last immunity challenge, he very well could receive every winning vote from the jury. If Wentworth is one of his opponents, she might receive a few from the so-called "witches" out of loyalty but not enough for the majority. None of his other potential opponents could make an argument stronger than his.)

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2015, 01:57:48 PM »
Lol no love for this guy?

Offline Hysha

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • TAR - Survivor - BB - Pekín Express <3
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2015, 02:35:43 PM »
Lol no love for this guy?
No.  #TeamWentworth
#TeamWentworth
Kelley/Ciera/Abi/Kass goddesses

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2015, 07:43:14 PM »
Honestly he is borderline likeable but the guy NEVER looks happy.

Jeremy: My wife told me I'm having a son.
*Jeremy idrc face*
Jeremy: Wow, a son....
*Jeremy falls asleep*
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2015, 11:46:01 AM »
Following Season Finale: There is not much to say here. From the moment Joe was eliminated, and perhaps as early as when Jeremy played his first hidden immunity idol to protect Stephen, Jeremy was the overwhelming favorite for the title of Sole Survivor. The fact that he was not targeted very often proved how strong his relationships were with his core group, which included his fellow finalists as well as Kimmi and Stephen. All of his responses to the jury were on point, including the bit of controversy that Andrew tried to raise about Jeremy's reactions to Kimmi following her betrayal. He was very honest and forthright and did not try to back away from his honest reactions or anyone perceptions of them. One of his best moves was to keep the news about his wife's pregnancy a secret until that very last moment, as surely that cinched any doubt in any of the jurors' minds. Certainly he was a deserving winner regardless of any personal sympathy which he may have received from that revelation.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2015, 11:23:21 AM »
He was never an overwhelming favourite :lol:
Kelley Wentworth, remember?

Congrats, Jez! I liked him both seasons, but for whatever reason I rooted for him more in SJDS. Maybe because Val was one of my favourite people on the cast. :-[

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2015, 01:02:20 PM »
Everybody would win a F3 against Trasha and Heartless Spencer tbh. F3 was disappointing after the amazing season. Any other F3 out of the F8 would have been better and potentially given us a different winner.

Offline Ryan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I can climb a damn tree.
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2015, 01:10:48 PM »
Spencer should have taken Jeremy out and brought Keith or Kimmi - he wouldn't have gotten a clean sweep with Kimmi getting some friend votes, but he would have won.

Jeremy deserves the win, even though out of this cast, you would have thought they'd have gotten rid of him at F10 again.

Overall, I like Jeremy, but there's nothing amazing about his game, he's just good at wheeling and dealing, like a subtle Boston Rob.
SNEAKY SNEAKY

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2015, 07:51:02 PM »
CONGRATULATIONS, JEREMY AND VAL

IT'S A BOY!

REMY BODHI COLLINS

DECEMBER 21, 2015