Author Topic: Amazing Race Questions  (Read 1175738 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Amazing Race Questions
« Reply #1500 on: July 23, 2015, 03:15:13 AM »
No. It is usually a package...plane/hotels/perhaps some meals/excursions.

BUT taxable in the US so value has to be adjusted accordingly.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1501 on: July 25, 2015, 09:37:17 AM »
If teams still have some of their allowance money once they are eliminated, do they get to keep it or do they surrender it? Same goes to the top 3 once they have finished the race. Do they keep the remaining of the allowance (whether they have won the grand prize or not)?

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1502 on: July 26, 2015, 08:38:47 AM »
If teams still have some of their allowance money once they are eliminated, do they get to keep it or do they surrender it? Same goes to the top 3 once they have finished the race. Do they keep the remaining of the allowance (whether they have won the grand prize or not)?

I think I have read it somewhere that they need to return everything back to production once the race ended. Like the case of the Dentist in season 25, I think Phil make a joke about them bring The Save back home but in the end Jim indicated that they didn't allow to do it or something.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1503 on: July 26, 2015, 10:26:04 AM »
Returned I think. But in sequester they get an allowance to pay for the fun things they get to do there....
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1504 on: July 26, 2015, 10:50:23 AM »
Oh okay. :oh Thank you for the info! :)

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #1505 on: July 26, 2015, 04:27:32 PM »
IIRC, the teams aren't prohibited from having souvenirs, but whatever they take on and during the Race aren't returned to them until after the season finale is aired. And the route marker info and task sheets are turned back in to production at each pit stop.

I have no reason to think any of that has changed.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1506 on: July 26, 2015, 08:59:11 PM »
Okay, thank you! :)

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #1507 on: July 27, 2015, 12:43:53 PM »
That's sad though... On Survivor, contestants have mentioned taking back idols as souvenirs many times.

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1508 on: August 14, 2015, 08:55:38 AM »
What hotel did teams stay in Bora Bora in TAR 22?
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #1509 on: August 15, 2015, 12:06:53 AM »
Hilton Bora Bora Nui - same location of the visited outdoor chapel

Source: http://www.somewhereluxurious.com/the-amazing-race-filmed-at-the-hilton-bora-bora-nui/717
The Amazing Race in  Bora Bora

At one point of The Amazing Race in Bora Bora, the teams were directed to head to Motu Tapu on jet skis. The Hilton Bora Bora owns this small private island, and guests have access to it.  The island is sometimes the setting for weddings and romantic getaways. This luxury resort has meeting space and resources to plan special events for special gatherings on the property.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1510 on: August 15, 2015, 01:40:21 AM »

Source: http://www.somewhereluxurious.com/the-amazing-race-filmed-at-the-hilton-bora-bora-nui/717
The Amazing Race in  Bora Bora

At one point of The Amazing Race in Bora Bora, the teams were directed to head to Motu Tapu on jet skis. The Hilton Bora Bora owns this small private island, and guests have access to it.  The island is sometimes the setting for weddings and romantic getaways. This luxury resort has meeting space and resources to plan special events for special gatherings on the property.

So TAR teams stayed in this expensvie luxury hotel? Can't believe it.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #1511 on: August 17, 2015, 07:54:17 PM »
Remember in TAR3 when Andre & Damon's taxi took them to a city in the middle of nowhere and they got detained?

Did we ever figure out what city that was?
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1512 on: August 18, 2015, 06:52:11 AM »

At one point of The Amazing Race in Bora Bora, the teams were directed to head to Motu Tapu on jet skis. The Hilton Bora Bora owns this small private island, and guests have access to it.  The island is sometimes the setting for weddings and romantic getaways. This luxury resort has meeting space and resources to plan special events for special gatherings on the property.

From memory, I think teams stayed on Motu Tapu at the end of the second leg and spent the night in hammocks.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #1513 on: August 25, 2015, 05:19:28 AM »

Production may have stayed there and not the teams, and using the island may have been negotiated.
-- theschnauzers

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #1514 on: August 25, 2015, 05:23:16 AM »
Remember in TAR3 when Andre & Damon's taxi took them to a city in the middle of nowhere and they got detained?

Did we ever figure out what city that was?

I'm not sure; if I get a chance I'll check the old style timeline put together back in the day and see if that was noted. In any event, TAR's security people certainly knew and Bert and Elise presumably did as well.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1515 on: September 19, 2015, 06:39:23 AM »
I want to know, do racers aware/know that if they win the race, they get $1 million, but later gets taxed to $500,000?

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #1516 on: September 19, 2015, 10:29:43 AM »
If we know, why do you assume they don't? :lol:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #1517 on: September 20, 2015, 04:17:27 PM »
I want to know, do racers aware/know that if they win the race, they get $1 million, but later gets taxed to $500,000?

The actual amount after taxes depends on the Racer's state/city of residence and their other income and taxable deductions. That varies from state to state (some states do not have income taxes), and many cities also do not have income taxes. But IIRC, the actual amount could be much closer to $350,000 of $500,000 each; each Racer gets paid half, and they are responsible for reporting and paying the income taxes on it.
-- theschnauzers

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1518 on: September 20, 2015, 07:54:04 PM »
For TAR 22 if Jessica and John's personal water craft were brokendown, would they allow to use the EP to bypass the task and move to Motu Tapu by different method

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1519 on: September 20, 2015, 10:29:56 PM »
For TAR 22 if Jessica and John's personal water craft were brokendown, would they allow to use the EP to bypass the task and move to Motu Tapu by different method

That was not an Active Route Marker.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1520 on: September 26, 2015, 10:16:39 AM »
I'm not sure if anyone has asked this, but do eliminated teams get to keep the remaining of their allowance, or are they supposed to return it once they've been eliminated?

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #1521 on: September 26, 2015, 03:09:43 PM »
I'm not sure if anyone has asked this, but do eliminated teams get to keep the remaining of their allowance, or are they supposed to return it once they've been eliminated?

Its called an allowance, meaning they are 'allowed' to keep it. Why would they need to return it?

Because they've been eliminated and have no further need for it? The allowance is 'race funds', not something that teams get to take home with them.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1522 on: September 26, 2015, 03:35:58 PM »
Race funds allotted for a leg are turned in at the end of the leg.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1523 on: September 29, 2015, 11:15:32 AM »
Is there any news for a new season of TAR Australia?

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1524 on: September 29, 2015, 11:43:54 AM »
Is there any news for a new season of TAR Australia?

X

Although season 3 is pretty meh for me, another season of Aus would be great. :lol: