Author Topic: TAR 18 Speculation and Discussion *contains Spoilers*  (Read 634247 times)

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 18 Speculation and Discussion *contains Spoilers*
« Reply #1275 on: December 08, 2010, 10:32:50 PM »
saw this on survivorsucks

Seeing that my Twitter leak is In question. I am in America (nc), and I was not the one that in fact spotted them. My good mate lives in Madrid and was talking to me about it a few days back. He's restated what he said about TK after people were flipping out on here and other places(reality forums). He did in fact see a "hippy type" team.
This maybe a random tangent but this could be relivent. April Johnston from Project runway gave a lecture at my school and said that producers do have fake contestents that are used to keep a show that is filmed space out intact. I am obligated to trust my bud on this one and say that's it's either a fake team used as a sort of red herring or a team that no one expected in it.

So to sum thing up;
jet&cord were seen in Madrid running around and stated something about how "TK" is right behind him. My theroy is that this could also be a joke if a team like the goths had to dress similar to a hippy.

Hope this clears things up

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1276 on: December 08, 2010, 10:35:42 PM »
^ Well I can narrow it down for you....

It seems as though Either Margie/Luke or Zev/Justin got 8th.....and the other probably got 7th.

We can't say that though. Just because they weren't seen doesn't mean that they were axed (see: Kisha/Jen in TAR 14, Brent/Caite in TAR 16 among many others)

Offline TSPKM

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1277 on: December 08, 2010, 10:38:51 PM »
^ Well I can narrow it down for you....

It seems as though Either Margie/Luke or Zev/Justin got 8th.....and the other probably got 7th.

We can't say that though. Just because they weren't seen doesn't mean that they were axed (see: Kisha/Jen in TAR 14, Brent/Caite in TAR 16 among many others)

Well when all the other teams are reported safe for leg 5, I would say its a pretty good inclination that one of those teams got eliminated on that leg.

Offline kwando1313

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1278 on: December 08, 2010, 10:45:17 PM »

Seeing that my Twitter leak is In question. I am in America (nc), and I was not the one that in fact spotted them. My good mate lives in Madrid and was talking to me about it a few days back. He's restated what he said about TK after people were flipping out on here and other places(reality forums). He did in fact see a "hippy type" team.
This maybe a random tangent but this could be relivent. April Johnston from Project runway gave a lecture at my school and said that producers do have fake contestents that are used to keep a show that is filmed space out intact. I am obligated to trust my bud on this one and say that's it's either a fake team used as a sort of red herring or a team that no one expected in it.

So to sum thing up;
jet&cord were seen in Madrid running around and stated something about how "TK" is right behind him. My theroy is that this could also be a joke if a team like the goths had to dress similar to a hippy.

So, in other words, this guy is trying to confuse us even more by lying?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1279 on: December 08, 2010, 11:37:08 PM »
All sources are treated with respect please...until/or unless we find that they are intentionally misleading us.

THEN you can ream them, but until then.....
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline kwando1313

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1280 on: December 08, 2010, 11:40:18 PM »
I thought we already proved that it was impossible for the Madrid sighting to be true?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1281 on: December 08, 2010, 11:44:24 PM »
Highly unlikely...but stuff does happen...there were airport issues, so who knows? I like to believe the best but am always expecting the worst. :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #1282 on: December 08, 2010, 11:51:04 PM »
I have one problem thing for Luke did sign in for check RFF. I don't know if suppose luke check something..  I feel strange and Luke did check this all everything in RFF spoiler tar 18.. I never know that.. What do you think about that?

:cmas18
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 11:56:48 PM by loverocked »
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #1283 on: December 08, 2010, 11:56:51 PM »
You're supposed to look at LAST ACTIVE. Not local time.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1284 on: December 08, 2010, 11:57:52 PM »
No sweetie, that is his own local time. Not a check in to RFF time.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1285 on: December 08, 2010, 11:58:48 PM »
You're supposed to look at LAST ACTIVE. Not local time.

Oh, thanks.. I didn't see that.. :)  :cmas30:
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1286 on: December 08, 2010, 11:59:49 PM »
No sweetie, that is his own local time. Not a check in to RFF time.

sorri.. Oh, thanks.. I didn't see and well, I need glasses :)

Offline livingincm

• RFF Jr. Member
  • You'll see me in the amazing race soon!
« Reply #1287 on: December 09, 2010, 12:16:34 AM »

So to sum thing up;

Hmm to me this is highly fake.

One reason being, how in the world does he know that the ppl in the reality forum are flipping out?
(Unless he was actually reading whatever we have been posting all along)
"Im sorry to tell you that you have been eliminated from the race" is the most horrible thing to hear on TAR haha :)

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #1288 on: December 09, 2010, 01:19:58 AM »

So to sum thing up;

One reason being, how in the world does he know that the ppl in the reality forum are flipping out?

I find it odd that an American uses the word "Mate" too. I thought that was our thing?  :cmas5

Offline livingincm

• RFF Jr. Member
  • You'll see me in the amazing race soon!
« Reply #1289 on: December 09, 2010, 01:41:55 AM »

So to sum thing up;

I find it odd that an American uses the word "Mate" too. I thought that was our thing?  :cmas5

Hahaha he's an australian-wannabe!!!! He's a bad boy  :cmas12
"Im sorry to tell you that you have been eliminated from the race" is the most horrible thing to hear on TAR haha :)

DavidJunior

« Reply #1290 on: December 09, 2010, 03:02:59 AM »

So to sum thing up;

Hahaha he's an australian-wannabe!!!! He's a bad boy  :cmas12
Idk... people still use 'mate' over here- granted it's only a small fraction of the population- but it's still used

And just because he happens to know about the forums is not an indicator of him lying

a lot of people know there are spoiler sites out there, and really all you have to do is type it into your favorite search engine and you're there...

so even though it seems tight, and highly improbable, we shouldn't write it off right away

anything could happen... or i guess could've happened in this case...

Offline kinibug

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1291 on: December 09, 2010, 08:14:08 AM »
I have somewhat of a noob question and am sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere.

When searching blogs for sightings etc how do you go about it?As in do you just search in google or is there some other way?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1292 on: December 09, 2010, 08:44:10 AM »
I have somewhat of a noob question and am sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere.

When searching blogs for sightings etc how do you go about it?As in do you just search in google or is there some other way?

It is just step by step searching, any way you can think of. There is no easy recipe. Use mutiple search words...not just amazing race.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline kinibug

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1293 on: December 09, 2010, 08:59:30 AM »

It is just step by step searching, any way you can think of. There is no easy recipe. Use mutiple search words...not just amazing race.

Thank you!

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1294 on: December 09, 2010, 01:28:36 PM »
In Austria, there may have been a food challenge on the famous Wiener Riesenrad (German for "Viennese giant wheel") Ferris wheel at the entrance of the Prater amusement park in Leopoldstadt, the 2nd district of Austria's capital Vienna.

There may have also been a task involving carrying "Freud's couch" to The University of Vienna.

This reminded me of the "Eye of the Emirates" challenge in TARA 1.

jiajia12

« Reply #1295 on: December 09, 2010, 03:36:05 PM »
Race over now ?

Offline redskevin

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1296 on: December 09, 2010, 04:24:26 PM »
Race over now ?
No. They are still going at it! ;)

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1297 on: December 09, 2010, 07:41:47 PM »
I know it's real tempting to post possible filming locations, but to keep mobs of people from showing up there and disrupting things, I suggest sending the info to Peach for whether it should be released. Her inbox is full, but her email address is in her profile.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 10:04:15 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1298 on: December 09, 2010, 07:57:48 PM »
I know it's real tempting to post possible filming locations, but to keep mobs of people from showing up there and disrupting things, I suggest sending the info to Peach for whether it should be released. Her inbox is full, but her email address appears to be contactrff@bellsouth.net.

That and one or two other tidbits was what I was trying to contact Peach about.  :cmas31:

Good advice Plaidmoon. She is not usually pleased when people are posting stuff like this. Unfortunately she is currently offline.

Maybe if we chipped in to cover her wages, she could be here 24/7.  :cmaslol

Thanks, King Crimson88! I may be too cautious, but I've heard stories about what happened (or almost happened) in Portland a few seasons back. I don't want to risk messing things up. It can always be posted later if the mods think it's OK.

Offline Levi Rinno

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1299 on: December 09, 2010, 08:19:06 PM »
Someone said over at sucks they are finishing in Miami either Tomorrow or Saturday.
I think it'd likely be tomorrow, seeing as how that'd be Day 21, and the race only tapes twenty-one days now.