Author Topic: TAR 15 Speculation on Spoilers  (Read 248412 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 15 Speculation on Spoilers
« Reply #425 on: August 05, 2009, 02:52:31 AM »
On August 1 teams were flying to Stockholm.

And I adored Kyoto....
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #426 on: August 05, 2009, 04:26:58 AM »
This may be a speculation, I searched twitter with keywords Amazing Race Kyoto found a post from a user (stephietan).  I don't know if its legit but just to let you know.

-at Kyoto train station I saw video recording of amazing race! the contestants look really flustered!

the date says Aug 1 but what do you guys think of it?

:duno:
  :waves:

at kyoto train station i saw video recording of amazing race! the contestants look really flustered!
10:13 PM Aug 1st from web 
real live amazing race or tv amazing race stephie?
11:57 PM Aug 1st from web in reply to stephietan
i think it's TV amazing race
11:59 PM Aug 1st from web in reply to PuddinRFF

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #427 on: August 05, 2009, 06:55:50 AM »
I adore Kyoto too, even though it's been a few decades since I went there. Kyoto would be an excellent choice for the following reasons:

1. It is easily accessible from Tokyo by Shinkansen on Nozomi trains in about 140 minutes. Hikari trains are roughly 20 minutes slower than the Nozomi, while Kodama trains take about four hours.

2. Kyoto is the ancient capital of Japan. It is a beautiful city with many interesting temples. I remember it as much smaller but today it has a population of 1.5 million people (more than all but the 4 largest U.S. cities).

3. Osaka's Kansai International Airport is about 60 miles away. Kansai has flights to Taiwan and HoChiMinh City. The most logical flight is VN920 KIX SGN 1100 1420, a 5 hour 20 minute flight crossing two time zones going southwest.

Offline eragon

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #428 on: August 05, 2009, 06:59:12 AM »
Is South Korea confirmed as a possible location this season?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #429 on: August 05, 2009, 07:05:18 AM »
I'm not sure where that rumor originated? There was an entry on wiki but its no longer there  :snicker:
We think they went somewhere after Tokyo and before HCMC so .. lets of spec no sightings though?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #430 on: August 05, 2009, 07:06:55 AM »
I adore Kyoto too, even though it's been a few decades since I went there. Kyoto would be an excellent choice for the following reasons:

1. It is easily accessible from Tokyo by Shinkansen on Nozomi trains in about 140 minutes. Hikari trains are roughly 20 minutes slower than the Nozomi, while Kodama trains take about four hours.

2. Kyoto is the ancient capital of Japan. It is a beautiful city with many interesting temples. I remember it as much smaller but today it has a population of 1.5 million people (more than all but the 4 largest U.S. cities).

3. Osaka's Kansai International Airport is about 60 miles away. Kansai has flights to Taiwan and HoChiMinh City. The most logical flight is VN920 KIX SGN 1100 1420, a 5 hour 20 minute flight crossing two time zones going southwest.

No Kyoto...

puddin's post confirms that the woman was IN kyoto station when she saw a clip of TAR on the TV is all.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #431 on: August 05, 2009, 07:20:46 AM »

If they wanted to go to S. Korea, they should've started in Hiroshima/Fukuoka (quick boat ride to Busan).
Still hoping out for Kyoto (at least we get a new city in a past country)

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #432 on: August 05, 2009, 09:30:21 AM »
Not sure if this will be an issue for teams flying back to the USA today, but it seems there have been some delays for flights leaving Prague today - notably OK760 - Prague to Paris is 1.5 hours late  :plane:
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #433 on: August 05, 2009, 12:26:21 PM »
Peach:

That does not mean that you have disproved Kyoto as leg 2. It only means that Kyoto is no longer a prime candidate, but Kyoto is hardly out of the running. The logic for it is impeccable. Amazing Race 12 episode 9 was right on the edge of Kyoto without actually going there. It's overdue as is Hiroshima and Hokkaido.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #434 on: August 05, 2009, 12:32:27 PM »
Peach !

I want to go to Boston

This way:

British Airways BA 853 leaving PRG at 8:00 am arriving at LHR at 9:15 am
  then
BA 213 leaving LHR at 11:25 am and arriving BOS at 1:35 pm

Or this way:

Smart Wings QS 1010 leaving PRG at 6:50 am and arriving in Rome at 8:45 am
  then
Air One AP 614 leaving Rome at 10:15 am and arriving in Boston at 1:30 pm

Only five minutes apart: Now that is a good race   :jam:

These flights are for Thursday August 6th

Offline graytex

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #435 on: August 05, 2009, 12:58:09 PM »
Haven't seen this here, but Masem at TWOP posted this:

Part of an addition to the TAR 15 article on Wikipedia that I had to remove due to lack of sourcing, but provided by user Awilmot there:

"On Wednesday August 5th, I have just seen 2 teams at Prague Castle, which was their pit stop. One pretty team (guy and girl in blue) and one all guy team (one with dyed hair)."

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #436 on: August 05, 2009, 01:00:18 PM »
That makes me happy  :jumpy:

wiki time is GMT

So 16:42 is 7 hours ahead of LA time:  9:42 am
And 16:42 is 18:42 = 6:42 pm in Prague
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 01:12:52 PM by Chateau d If »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #437 on: August 05, 2009, 01:30:35 PM »
From wikipedia:  Prague Castle

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #438 on: August 05, 2009, 02:00:33 PM »
That would mean then that either the Harlems, or Erika/Brian, or the Orange team are eliminated in Taillen, and another one of them eliminated here, right?

Another comment on the river rafting: My sense was that there were professional kayakers in blue vests in and out of the shots. We also have a few shots of single backpack carrying persons running down the walkway next to the water, but could never be sure if they were production or racers. (You can run a long way from a camera in 2 minutes). But if there is ONE team member and ONE kayaker in each raft, then this is a Roadblock and not a Detour.

It is entirely possible that the other teams could have slipped past us during the 2 minute intervals, we occasionally saw what looked like a crowd down by the white water.

And I have at least one shot of a distant possible red shirted pair, but they could well have been production. I'll go look.

puddin has beautiful shots at very regular intervals, so we will need to go over those very carefully indeed.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #439 on: August 05, 2009, 02:36:48 PM »
I would love the Harlems and Team Orange to be 4th and 5th!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #440 on: August 05, 2009, 02:59:48 PM »
I would love the Harlems and Team Orange to be 4th and 5th!
Me too!
And I also hope that they go to Boston, I think it deserves to be visited, since it has never been visited before...
I love Prague!
:lol:

Offline graytex

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #441 on: August 05, 2009, 03:19:38 PM »
That would mean then that either the Harlems, or Erika/Brian, or the Orange team are eliminated in Taillen, and another one of them eliminated here, right?

Not necessarily.  You're right about Tallinn, but in Prague maybe the two spotted teams at the castle were teams 3 & 4, meaning one of them is out.

I think the blue team was that first kayak team spotted and they were a good 25 minutes ahead of the next team.  I'm thinking they're a good bet for the final 3.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #442 on: August 05, 2009, 03:48:50 PM »

Not necessarily.  You're right about Tallinn, but in Prague maybe the two spotted teams at the castle were teams 3 & 4, meaning one of them is out.

I think the blue team was that first kayak team spotted and they were a good 25 minutes ahead of the next team.  I'm thinking they're a good bet for the final 3.
I'm rooting for the green team
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #443 on: August 05, 2009, 04:37:10 PM »
A few misc:

I really think this is not the green team. They were in no apparent hurry, and their pants don't match our previous shots of them. I would say NOT green team...

example of blue kayaker shirts

camera guys running, team departure?? ??? May help with timing:

Lots of running: Also might be good for times...my guess is we had just missed another team here.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #444 on: August 05, 2009, 04:59:49 PM »

Not necessarily.  You're right about Tallinn, but in Prague maybe the two spotted teams at the castle were teams 3 & 4, meaning one of them is out.

Good point.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #445 on: August 05, 2009, 05:02:01 PM »
Who would like to skip the rest of August?
*raises hand*
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #446 on: August 05, 2009, 05:29:19 PM »

And if they win, how awesome would that be.  Maybe not awesome, but, right now, pretty impressive.  I can't imagine the level of disappointment would be had the F3 been Harlem, Orange, and Green (though it would've "mirrored" Survivor S16's F4).  It's one thing for either a couple, M/F friends team or siblings team to win (Flozach, Uchenna/Joyce, TK/Rachel, Tammy/Victor), but to win against what seems like very strong All-Male teams isn't really that much of a fluke.  IIRC and IMO, Flo/Zach had pretty good success with that, when they won with a Top 4 that included Derek/Drew (and heck, even Ken/Gerard).  Honorable mention to Teri/Ian, since they more than exceeded expectations.
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline EnduranceRealityFan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #447 on: August 05, 2009, 05:30:51 PM »
 :jam: hand raise!!!

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #448 on: August 05, 2009, 06:24:38 PM »
As to the final city: Logic suggests that it'll be a city on or near the east coast and probably not Miami or New York (as the last two east coast cities that saw a final mat.) That would leave, at a minimum Atlanta, Boston, Washington DC, and possibly others.

As I'm sure Georgia Peach will attest, Atlanta does have a few locations to hide the final mat that wouldn't be obvious (the state park at Stone Mountain east of downtown is one, a state park at Lake Lanier is a second, and somewhere along the federally managed park areas of the Chattahoochee River to the north and west of the city center as a third. There's also the possibility of having teams use the subway system out of the airport to an area along the subway lines. (There's also the Olympic connection and we all know how much Bertram loves using Olympic cities for TAR, and Centennial Olympic Park downtown Atlanta is on the subway line.) Now that Delta is officially the world's largest airline and Hartsfield-Jackson is usually listed as the world's busiest airport, Atlanta sticks out to me as a TAR finish mat like a sore thumb.
-- theschnauzers

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #449 on: August 05, 2009, 06:42:20 PM »
Update from this Masada blogger  . .thank you Stephan Cohen!

per pictures global film solutions

biblical productions israel

Found this while google advance searching:

While I Am Away

Thursday, July 30, 2009
Amazing Race at Masada!
Turns out the "documentary crew" thats staying at the kibbutz is the amazing race!

We got kicked out for 2 days, so I went with some of the vols down to Eilat. Before we left some of the film people arrived and they were taking over the whole east wing.

When we cam back north on our way to J'lem we were going to do the dawn climb up Masada, but it was closed. Gaurds everywhere!
I recognized the amazing race flags on the jeeps they were using - American jeeps though in rainbow colors!

One of the english vols managed to get some pictures of the actors coming down the snake path and I checked out one of the vans they were using. The film permit said the amazing race!
Posted by Stephan Cohen at 7:02 AM  
 :wohoo:

Monday, August 3, 2009
Amazing Race photos

Wow - lots of traffic to my blog!
Here is the photo I took of the inside of the

http://stephanc-whileimaway.blogspot.com/