Author Topic: TAR 15 spoilers, sightings & locations *summary page 1*  (Read 442766 times)

Offline DeafRacer

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
Re: TAR 15 spoilers, sightings & locations *summary page 1*
« Reply #750 on: August 17, 2009, 11:08:33 AM »
Only 10 legs? Wondering if it is possible to pull off a Double Elimination like with two last teams coming in last?

Offline DeafRacer

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #751 on: August 17, 2009, 11:10:04 AM »
Or one less NEL :-p

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #752 on: August 17, 2009, 11:23:57 AM »
Only 10 legs? Wondering if it is possible to pull off a Double Elimination like with two last teams coming in last?

DeafRacer,
It was not shown but it is clear that the Las Vegas leg is #11.

Offline DeafRacer

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #753 on: August 17, 2009, 12:20:44 PM »

DeafRacer,
It was not shown but it is clear that the Las Vegas leg is #11.

Oops! You're right! I wouldn't be surprised if producers pull another TBC leg on this season. I felt so stupid for not figuring it out that there might be a TBC leg later on when I was like, "There's no roadblock task?!" during Phuket leg. But man, a TBC leg really did drain me out pretty good.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #754 on: August 17, 2009, 02:13:44 PM »
Ack, overwhelmed with information after returning to my computer...!

Quick summary map before CBS puts theirs up ;D, nicer one with dates to come soon, when I figure out all you guys' spoilers!

Great looking map; are you sure you don't work for CBS?  But I thought the teams flew over the Pacific to Japan and not over the Atlantic and all of Europe and Asia.  So map should show route over the Pacific (left) and continue on to Japan on the right side.

Is Japan the only country with a double leg?  And as someone pointed out earlier the teams would not be going from Dubai directly to Israel but would be going to Jordan and then by land into Israel since Jordan does recognize Israel.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #755 on: August 17, 2009, 02:54:23 PM »
 ;D Just for kicks I located two helicoper charter services that do film work and have SAG pilots in Las Vegas.  Heli USA and Sundance Helicopters.  Given that they used choppers in the Netherlands, good bet they used some to film in Vegas.  Haven't found a direct connection to TAR just yet.  :(

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #756 on: August 17, 2009, 03:07:29 PM »
 :lol: Nevada Film Office lists KIM HOUSER-AMARAL as a "Location Scout - Las Vegas" for The Amazing Race.
eta: also listed as "Production Manager, Line Producer - Las Vegas", and "Location Manager - Las Vegas"
link here   ;D

;D  Rita Hawn is listed as a "Production Coordinator - Las Vegas" for The Amazing Race
link here

« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 03:53:02 PM by Boingo »

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #757 on: August 17, 2009, 03:24:52 PM »
GMan,

It is obvious what Neobie was trying to accomplish (he was trying to use one continuous line from Los Angeles to Tokyo, which is not possible with that map if actually done flying over the Pacific Ocean). I was pretty upset at WRP for presenting the AR13 trip from LaPaz to Auckland as one eastward line when the reality was that it was a transPacific crossing. The bottom line is that a map should be selected that allows accurate preentation of the actual route. In both cases, that would probably mean the left margin off the west coast of the Americas and the right margin east of Auckland and Tokyo, with the middle of the Pacific Ocean not shown.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 08:26:49 AM by apskip »

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #758 on: August 17, 2009, 07:47:50 PM »
 ;D I may have finally got it , Chateau.   :lol:  Looks like this may be the location of the Harlem Globetrotters at the Venetian... way inside, crossing over the driveway, past the bridge.  :ascared

These guys sure get around.   :snicker:  Where are they going now ???

... you can just see the edge of the lightpost in the enlarged section of the picture.

eta: in this wider angle photo you can see the box planters.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 08:11:10 PM by Boingo »

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #759 on: August 17, 2009, 08:21:16 PM »
Neobie, that is a well done map in the style of CBS for TAR 13 and 14. There's one little isty-bitsy thing, though.  The premiere is two hours.   ;)
-- theschnauzers

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #760 on: August 17, 2009, 08:41:36 PM »
I may have finally got it , Chateau.

:tup:  Amazing.  That's it.  I had given up.  GE was too dark and blurry over there to figure it out.  Nice.

No point in doing the shadow analysis now that the video came out.  But this would have been sufficient to confirm the 11 o'clock time frame had we not got the video.

I'm wondering why no clue box was discovered by our spoiler.  Probably because this was pure decoy jogging about.  And has nothing to do with the real race route.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #761 on: August 18, 2009, 03:28:35 AM »
More accurate map coming right up. CBS has been appeasing the geographically-ignorant masses with its maps.

Dotted lines indicate where connection points are not confirmed.

Personally excited about the Japan leg(s), Phnom Penh, the barely possible Masada leg and the Eastern Europe legs. Meh about the rest for now. Not even bothering to leave LA or cross the Equator again fail.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 10:47:05 AM by Neobie »

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #762 on: August 18, 2009, 03:33:52 AM »
More accurate map coming right up. CBS has been appeasing the geographically-ignorant masses with its maps.

Major LOL at your message to CBS... rather, is it really CBS who's messing with the maps or could it be WRP?

I must agree, spoilers cannot be prevented for a worldly competition like this because of the influence of internet; the show I think will now heavily depend on the editing of the teams psyche.
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #763 on: August 18, 2009, 03:34:33 AM »
Teams, when they were in Cambodia, were spotted near Toul Tompong Market (Russian Market) and running towards Indpendence Momument... this is according to a good friend of mine

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #764 on: August 18, 2009, 08:05:13 AM »
Teams, when they were in Cambodia, were spotted near Toul Tompong Market (Russian Market) and running towards Indpendence Momument... this is according to a good friend of mine

I did a google search and found a couple of pictures of the Russian Market and the Independence Monument. The Russian Market looks like it could be used for either a Find-The-Vendor Detour or a Eat-The-Disgusting-Local-Delicacies Roadblock. The Independence Monument could be the pit stop.

Plaidmoon

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #765 on: August 18, 2009, 10:48:55 AM »

Which would work if the two weren't on opposite ends of town...
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 10:55:03 AM by Neobie »

Offline Evan_Weinstein

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Amazing Racer
    • EVANMINAL-MINDS
« Reply #766 on: August 18, 2009, 10:49:28 AM »
niced

keep it up. LOL

Major LOL at your message to CBS... rather, is it really CBS who's messing with the maps or could it be WRP?

I must agree, spoilers cannot be prevented for a worldly competition like this because of the influence of internet; the show I think will now heavily depend on the editing of the teams psyche.
Singaporean here - PM me, if you need me to translate, Chinese, Malay, English, German or Japanese

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #767 on: August 18, 2009, 10:56:25 AM »

Personally excited about the Japan leg(s), Phnom Penh, the barely possible Masada leg and the Eastern Europe legs. Meh about the rest for now. Not even bothering to leave LA or cross the Equator again fail.

Great map Neobie. :D (Except I think it should 5-6 Aug for Prague.) And it ain't fail, it's epic fail. I can possibly understand the lack of equator-crossing due to AH1N1 fears (I think it's flu season down there), but the LA start is unexcusable.
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #768 on: August 18, 2009, 10:59:20 AM »

The Russian Market in Phnom Penh rings a bell, specifically from Around the World for Free's Cambodia episode. My recap of that episode has been copied below. The Russian Market got about 5 minutes air time and 3 sentences in my recap:

Re: "Around the World for Free!"
« Reply #60 on: June 19, 2009, 10:38:26 PM » Quote Modify  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CAMBODIA

This country shows off its scars from the Pol Pot regime. I guess visiting killing fields is now what tourism is about for those Cambodians not able to get to Angkor Wat. Alex start at the Tuol Sleng Museum. The question of why Pol Pot chose to govern by slaughtering innocent Cambodians, particularly anyone educated, intelligentsia, or lawyers, is still open beacuse no one really knows.  There are a lot of his victims and many more who are relatives of victims. Alex talked to multiple people who were the sole survivors of large families massacred over time.

Next they went to the Choung Ek killing fields 7 km from Phnom Penh, with its Tower of Skulls the gruesome result of what was done there. Next they visit the so-called Russian Market, but nobody can say why it is named that.

Ingredients are purchased to make Tom Yum soup based on lemongrass, shallots and mushrooms. It is one of my favorites. After they have finished eating it, Alex's host states that they have really had Tom Kha soup due to the coconut milk in it.

A young woman is proud of her new job that is miles away but will pay her $100, presumably each month.

Alex and Zsolt get bus tickets from their host to Ho Chhi Minh City in Vietnam 6 hours away. They find an urban center of 8 to 9 million people. Their host in Phnom Penh had given them $20 for making Internet connections and getting around. They spend it at an Internet cafe and on a taxi. Their new host is Todd, who allows them to camp out in his office. He buys them a train ticket to Cu Cho, a wildlife rescue center. There is the countryside they view bomb craters, displays of bombs and the Cu Cho tunnel which assisted the Viet Cong over 40 years earlier in the Vietnam War. It is day 130 of their circumnavigation.

Next they went on an excursion to "the beach" maybe 8 hours from ho Chi Minh City by train. Alex could not find the right train. The one he got on went instead to Wang Tran, with its waterfront and Phu Quoc Island.  There Alex and Zsolt celebrated the Chinese New Year or Tet famous for the 1968 Vietcong offensive. They celebrate with sparklers and fireworks.

They learn that Lilly and Preston in Maryland have been following their progress and provided Alex with a airplane ticket to go from Ho Chi Minh City to San Francisco. Alex gets a job cleaning toilets in a beachfront hotel. He earns enough to take a diving excursion which looks like flippers and snuba to me on day 144. He borrows a moped from the hotel for one hour to see the local area. Finally he gets to Saigon airport.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #769 on: August 18, 2009, 02:30:43 PM »

Documentation?? Can you find out more?

WHO was seen? Descriptions of the teams?

WHEN were they seen? Time of day, date?

WHAT were they doing exactly?

Any photos?

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #770 on: August 18, 2009, 07:48:20 PM »

PS: Updated as I got the facts.

Russian market sighting

I don't have any photos, but my friend recalls seeing a black guy yelling, and the guy was later seen speaking to a camera. She didn't say if the guy was tall or short, because I told her that there might be basketball players in the Amazing Race, but she did say that the guy looked quite fit. She recalled the event as happening about a fortnight to a month ago (she wasn't clear on the date, sorry guys).

Independence Monument

My friend was later walking towards the Monument when she saw a group of Americans asking directions and pointing southwards. She didn't really pay attention because she thought they might be news crew. She was pretty vague about this one, sorry.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 04:22:01 AM by redskevin88 »

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #771 on: August 19, 2009, 02:13:33 AM »

3.35 kilometers is about 2.1 miles. That's really not all that long of a walk, if they walked. It might take 30-40 minutes but if all teams are doing it, it's not a problem (except if your directions or navigation skills are bad). They could also have taken a cab and just been running the last block or so to the monument. It wouldn't be the first time that a team had jumped out of a cab caught in traffic and covered the last portion on foot.

Plaidmoon
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 02:17:07 AM by Plaidmoon2 »

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #772 on: August 19, 2009, 01:28:15 PM »
Just a smidgen of information about the Tokyo leg. Seems that the yellow team made it to Tokyo  :funny:

http://boblongman.blogspot.com/2009/07/tar-15-from-unexpected-source.html
Thanks Bob - I suspect we'll see you here once the season starts!

The woman who saw the Amazing Racers in/around Tokyo has arrived in NY -- just in time to get ready for her coursework. She's the cousin of one of the nursing students, and is now here herself, training for geriatrics. (I didn't know this.)
She's tight-lipped about most of it. She did say that a guy wearing a lot of yellow rushed inches from her as she was leaving the airport. One of the people following that pair (I think she means the camera or sound crew) practically ran her over. I wonder if she'll be seen in the program footage, if that's the case! She thinks the Fanny Pack is cute. And, if the photos are ever posted, it would be well after classes start.
Can't wait to see who the almost-celebs, beauty queens, gay-rights point-makers, Californians, and the requisite elderly couple/Race fodder are. Then I can pick an Amazing Race winner. I'm not bad at that: 6 of the last 8.
I just wish that customs and passports were not such a confusing nightmare, and they could have an international Amazing Race. That would be the ultimate blast!!

Guessing that Bob's friend was on the LA to Tokyo flight? :duno:
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #773 on: August 20, 2009, 06:04:31 AM »
I found a blog entry from a family that stumbled upon the Amazing Race filming in Talinn at http://whitecruise.blogspot.com/2009/08/estonia-where.html.  Here's the pertinent passage from the blog:

We walked along the back of Old Town up to Toompea Castle where there were great views of the city and the Gulf of Finland. The Castle dates back to the 13th Century and is fronted by the town’s Parliament house, which is PINK! We wandered into a small park next to the Castle where Shawn spotted a red and yellow post normally used in the reality show “Amazing Race.” Just a few minutes later in barrels a panting camera man running in front of two of the teams! They frantically looked around the park for the clue (which was the post) and as I caught eyes with the girl from the yellow team I pointed toward the other side of the park where the clue was waiting. Ha! Imagine that? Of all places in the world you happen to see the Amazing Race being filmed in TALLINN!

They also include a picture which shows one team (Cheyne and Meghan?) next to a clue box holding a clue and another team (Brian and Ericka) either just arriving or waiting while Cheyne and Meghan get filmed. Brian and Ericka's cameraman appears to be saying something (giving them instructions?). I don't see Brian and Ericka's sound man so maybe the cameraman is asking them to hold up until he arrives. There is a man in the far left that appears to be running, but he doesn't look as if he has the sound equipment to me. The quality of the picture isn't the best and there aren't any shadows, so I doubt we can get a time fix on it unless the image gurus can dig a camera time stamp out of it.

Plaidmoon

« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 06:07:33 AM by Plaidmoon2 »

Offline jerseydude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • It’s Friday, Friday Gotta get down on Friday
« Reply #774 on: August 20, 2009, 06:14:37 AM »
Looks to me like a detour because the blue girl is looking into the camera.
The Amazing Race TV Stars- Marc and Rovilson (Currently 1st)
Victor\'s Amazing Race- Mooyou and Jerseydude (Currently 5th)
RFF Amazing Race Season 2- Redskevin88 & Jerseydude (Eliminated 4th)
Mooyou\'s Amazing Race- Tammy and Victor (Finished 2nd Place )