Author Topic: Pre TAR15 Discussion  (Read 86362 times)

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 15!!
« Reply #150 on: May 19, 2009, 03:38:32 AM »
No more Dustin and Kandice. Ewww.
Then we could finally compare both sets of girls to see who's better.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #151 on: May 19, 2009, 04:18:10 AM »

I'll rather have new all-female teams on TAR 15, than D/K who already had TWO shots in winning but didn't.

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #152 on: May 19, 2009, 05:00:05 AM »

I'll rather have new all-female teams on TAR 15, than D/K who already had TWO shots in winning but didn't.

This. As much as I think D/K deserve it, they don't deserve it. If that made sense. :lol:

And as for All-Star teams:

Ron & Chris, Nate & Jen for TAR 12
Terence & Sarah or Ken & Tina for TAR 13
Jaime & Cara, Kisha & Jen for TAR 14

And if we're talking about one pre-S11 season, one or two among the ff. teams:
Nancy & Emily, Tara & Wil, Ken & Gerard, Kelly & Jon, Linda & Karen, Kris & Jon, Brian & Greg, Ray & Yolanda, Lyn & Karlyn
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #153 on: May 19, 2009, 07:15:55 AM »
First, I certainly hope that AR15 is NOT an "All-Star" season. AR11 wasn't an All-Star season (even though it was mislabeled as such by CBS). It was a popularity contest for who got selected to compete. Some bad choices (Kevin/Drew and David/Mary) were popular teams who had no business being on a real All-Star season.

Second, I agree with Joab on the question of recycling past "All-Star" teams. Tied for my favorite team of all time is Dustin and Kandice, but I think their 2 shots at a win are enough. The same goes for Rob/Amber, Uchenna/Joyce,  Oswald/Danny and Charla/Mirna. The rest of of the AR11 cast would presumably not even be thought about for "All-Stars 2".

Third, the one team that most deserves to be on any future "All-Star" season is Colin/Christie. Her pregnancy prevented them from competing in AR11. Many people have said that the change in the ROADBLOCK COUNT RULE (from none to some limits) would cause all male/female teams before AR6 to be at the disadvantage of having the female half doing almost half the ROADBLOCKS. I think Christie is smart, fast and strong enough to do ROADBLOCKs of the type she would be chosen for well.  If they could get Flo/Zach they ought to do so. Jon/Kris would be nice but not esssential.

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #154 on: May 19, 2009, 09:13:00 AM »
I feel that to have an all star season this early would not be that good... Fans vs Favs? Not either... It feels to early to have another all stars, and I'm still quite sick of All Stars 1 and the worst case scenario in AS1 Finale...
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #155 on: May 19, 2009, 09:35:05 AM »
I feel that to have an all star season this early would not be that good... Fans vs Favs? Not either... It feels to early to have another all stars, and I'm still quite sick of All Stars 1 and the worst case scenario in AS1 Finale...

You can't really call a season a bad season based purely on the result.

That being said, I would love to see a Champions League of sorts on TAR, where they take all the most competetive (Not necessarily the winners) teams from previous seasons.

I think the line up would look something like this:

Colin and Christie
Rob and Amber (Sigh)
Nick and Starr
Eric and Jeremy
BJ and Tyler
Tyler and James
Rob and Brennan
David and Jeff
Azaria and Hendekea

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #156 on: May 19, 2009, 09:36:59 AM »
apskip, enough of David and Mary trashing, because you just don't see why people like them so much just because you don't like them. Imagine a cast full of your so called "all-stars worthy" cast whom aren't even popular among the viewers.. then who will be watching if they can't even generate enough interest among the public without getting the most popular teams on, so how will the ratings go up? Just because they are the underdogs does it means they are not all-stars worthy? Meredith and Gretchen are all-stars worthy too, but do you think they can make it past more than 6 legs should they be on all-stars? No, honestly speaking. So are they not all-stars worthy in this case? Definitely not.

If you want to set an argument on all-stars worthy base on popular teams VS competitive teams.. then Lyns should be on and not BQ's because Lyns ultimately is still the first ALL-FEMALE team to make it to the final 3. So does this theory of worthyness VS competitiveness holds?? No obviously.

And with all that ranting.. Let's stop talking about Allstars because TAR 15 obviously won't be one.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #157 on: May 19, 2009, 10:40:41 AM »

And with all that ranting.. Let's stop talking about Allstars because TAR 15 obviously won't be one.

Hear :tup: Hear  :tup: :tup:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #158 on: May 19, 2009, 10:42:26 AM »
Very good, Joab. Well stated.
Just here to visit.

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #159 on: May 19, 2009, 10:18:14 PM »
i hate u cynthia littleton

The same sentiment goes for the return of "The Amazing Race" and "Cold Case" to their regular Sunday 8-10 p.m. slots. Eye execs are not known for shuffling shows just for the fun of it, though perhaps "Race" would take a break in the fall and "Undercover Boss" slips in to the slot.

g-d i hope ur wrong

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #160 on: May 19, 2009, 10:22:39 PM »

The same sentiment goes for the return of "The Amazing Race" and "Cold Case" to their regular Sunday 8-10 p.m. slots. Eye execs are not known for shuffling shows just for the fun of it, though perhaps "Race" would take a break in the fall and "Undercover Boss" slips in to the slot.

g-d i hope ur wrong
Undercover Boss will fail like Viva whatsitsnamedid. CBS will have the 10:00pm slot open as well now that the Unit is gone.

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #161 on: May 19, 2009, 10:33:39 PM »
If TAR 15 does not show in September, I might just hurt someone. Any spoiler info yet?
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #162 on: May 19, 2009, 10:34:26 PM »
Some cast i would love to see on TAR 15 would be twins (male & female), fit moms who can actually go far (potential underdogs), celebrities? (possible??), lifelong friends (not just friends), grandparents (not of Brad and Victoria vibe) but grandparents like Meredith and Gretchen.. who look fit enough to go far and perhaps some interesting teams like Kynt and Vyxsin vibe.

DavidJunior

« Reply #163 on: May 19, 2009, 10:43:09 PM »

hahaha

oh it most definitely won't be one (i would die if it does turn out to be...)

i personally don't think that an "All-Star" season will be a real possibility until S19 or S20, and even still, it would be a remote possibility

just making some idle chit-chat blahblah while we wait for some more news on the upcoming season

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #164 on: May 19, 2009, 10:44:22 PM »
I wouldn't mind seeing a few new relationships on the race, like a Mentor/Protege team, which would cause an interesting dynamic when it came to making decisions. Another odd thought that struck me once was a team of adult movie stars. If TAR had them, I think it would be interesting to see how the other teams reacted to their profession.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #165 on: May 19, 2009, 10:45:30 PM »

g-d i hope ur wrong
Cynthia is known for wild speculation. I trust Brian Stelter of the NY Times more on the TV beat.
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #166 on: May 19, 2009, 10:47:28 PM »
If TAR 15 does not show in September, I might just hurt someone. Any spoiler info yet?
They are scouting now, permits etc .. So what sort of spoilers would you expect if they are not racing yet?

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #167 on: May 19, 2009, 10:56:27 PM »
If TAR had them, I think it would be interesting to see how the other teams reacted to their profession.

They probably won't.

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #168 on: May 19, 2009, 11:00:17 PM »
They are scouting now, permits etc .. So what sort of spoilers would you expect if they are not racing yet?

Maybe some team spoilers from family & friends or something. But even then, that probably wouldn't be reliable.
I'm baaaaaack!

DavidJunior

« Reply #169 on: May 19, 2009, 11:06:55 PM »
Another odd thought that struck me once was a team of adult movie stars.

I could just see it now, "The Amazing Race: Prono Edition" :barf

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #170 on: May 19, 2009, 11:41:36 PM »
some news from usatoday with no spec of tar moving

http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2009-05-20-cbs-upfront_N.htm

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #171 on: May 20, 2009, 08:18:48 AM »
Another odd thought that struck me once was a team of adult movie stars.

I could just see it now, "The Amazing Race: Prono Edition" :barf
We've been short of those lately.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #172 on: May 20, 2009, 08:44:23 AM »
BREAKING NEWS:

From the CBS upfronts:

Race at 8 in September. That is all
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 08:51:01 AM by TARAsia Fan »
Just here to visit.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #173 on: May 20, 2009, 09:01:39 AM »
Sunday

7 p.m. – "60 Minutes"

8 p.m. – "The Amazing Race"
  :yess: :yess: :yess: :yess: :yess: :yess:

9 p.m. – "Three Rivers" (new drama)

10 p.m. – "Cold Case"
Just here to visit.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #174 on: May 20, 2009, 09:06:12 AM »
 :girly :girly :girly :girly :girly :wtg: :wtg: :wtg: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy:

Got a link?/ I've been watching all morning!! :hearts:

Have this:

As always, 60 MINUTES kicks off Sundays at 7:00 PM, followed by the six-time Emmy Award winning reality series THE AMAZING RACE at 8:00 PM, which leads into the new medical drama THREE RIVERS at 9:00 PM. The crime drama COLD CASE anchors at 10:00 PM.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.