Author Topic: Dancing With The Stars Season 8  (Read 245687 times)

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
Re: Dancing With The Stars Season 8
« Reply #625 on: April 10, 2009, 06:07:21 PM »
So if you analyze the current contestants for the disco ball, you have 4 who aer top-notch:

Melissa
Gilles
Shawn
Lil' Kim

and you have 4 who will b e eliminated in the next 4 weeks:

Steve-O
Lawrence
Ty
Chuck (although he sometimes is quite good)

They are my picks too. I picked the top four on the first week and knew it would be them. I think either Steve-O or Lawrence will be toast next.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #626 on: April 10, 2009, 07:40:11 PM »
Because 24 conflicts with DWTS, I haven't seen any of the episodes this season, I'm depending on you all for the dancing updates. Thanks to everyone for their hard work. :tup:
Just here to visit.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #627 on: April 10, 2009, 08:16:14 PM »
Melissa and Tony leaving rehearsal

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #628 on: April 10, 2009, 08:47:35 PM »
 :popcorn: Bruno's gay I'm shocked funny interview  :lol:

Chelsea with DWTS Bruno Tonioli

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgZ5-2UZkXM

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #629 on: April 10, 2009, 08:49:25 PM »
An interview with Shawn:

What Has Shawn Johnson "Scared to Death"?

More than ever now, Shawn Johnson's focus is on Dancing with the Stars and more importantly, just dancing. After weathering critique for her style-over-substance Lindy Hop, Johnson showed her Olympic mettle, rising to the occasion with a lyrical Viennese waltz. See what else the 17-year-old had to say about her comeback, David Alan Grier's elimination and what has her completely terrified.

TVGuide.com: What did you think of your Viennese waltz?
Shawn Johnson: I felt pretty good about the waltz. I had worked really hard all week to come back from our Lindy Hop, which the judges didn't enjoy as much as we thought they would.

TVGuide.com: Did you feel pressure to do well after their comments about your Lindy Hop?
Johnson: I felt like there was a little more pressure because I was so excited to show them what we had [only to] be disappointed to find out they didn't enjoy it. With the waltz, I felt like it was a second chance to entertain them again. I know I made a few mistakes, but I thought it was a great comeback from what had happened.

TVGuide.com: Was it easier to learn the Viennese waltz having already done the waltz?
Johnson: Not at all. This dance seemed to be the hardest one yet and it was the hardest to learn. It is a slow and elegant dance like the first one, but seemed to have a lot more footwork and details that had to be addressed, which made the dance so much more challenging for me.

TVGuide.com: After their comments about having too many gymnastic tricks in your hop, are you wary of incorporating them in future dances?
Johnson: After the Lindy Hop, I feel like we are going to be keeping the gymnastics to a minimum and the dance to a max. The Lindy Hop gave us a chance to remind everybody who the real Shawn Johnson is and where I came from, but from now on it's all dancing and not much else.

TVGuide.com: Chelsie has slipped on her dress and Melissa stepped on her dress this week. Are you worried the same thing might happen to you?
Johnson: Mark designs all of my dresses and so far — cross your fingers — things have gone good, so I believe whatever he designs is great.

TVGuide.com: I thought you looked really at-ease in heels this week. Are you finally comfortable with them now?
Johnson: [Laughs] I'm slowly getting better with the heels every week. I started out being so shaky and scared on them, but now I am able to make it through a dance without falling over! I still get caught walking around the set barefoot all the time. But at the end of the day it seems like Mark always gets me back in the killer heels.

TVGuide.com: A lot of people seemed upset and near tears when David Alan Grier left. Were you surprised by his elimination?
Johnson: I was very surprised. He was such a nice guy and knew how to entertain the entire cast. Everybody would smile when he entered a room and nobody wanted to see him leave, so everybody was sad this week.

TVGuide.com: Gilles has said he and Steve-O are taping some behind-the-scenes videos. Have you participated?
Johnson: I don't know [much about that]. I haven't really seen anything yet! 

TVGuide.com: What's your next dance?
Johnson: Our next dance is the rumba and I don't know anything except that it's the most romantic and sensual dance, and I'm only 17 so I'm scared to death!

http://www.tvguide.com/Dancing-Stars/Shawn-Johnson-Comeback-1004979.aspx

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #630 on: April 10, 2009, 08:53:15 PM »

THE RACHAEL RAY SHOW SCHEDULED GUEST

April 13, 2009

Gilles Marini

Dancing with the Stars hunk Gilles Marini has our staff swooning

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #631 on: April 10, 2009, 09:01:09 PM »
Ty Murray Blogs:

Another note from Jewel

Hi all, its Jewel here, and I thought I'd stop by and check in with you all... So, here we are at week six! Ty has the Jive and is working hard at the dance studio, while I am sipping ice tea and writing this!

We're both amazed every week at how intricate and difficult each new dance is.

Poor Ty can hardly recover because each dance uses specific muscle groups that change each time. His ankles hurt with the foxtrot. His lower back hurt with the Lindy Hop. His feet hurt with the Paso Doble and now the Jive is intense for his knees!

Not to mention that seven days a week of six hours a day working out is nuts, but everyone on the show is in the same boat. I can't believe how difficult and how much each contestant is giving--it's pretty inspiring. Everyone is really giving it their all!

Thursday's and Friday's are always frustrating for Ty as it is the steepest learning curve and it seems as though he will never grasp the all new techniques and intricate foot work, but my cowboy is no quitter and he's putting in the work.

I have to say, I was a wee-bit nervous that Ty was going to participate in the "dance-off" this past Tuesday.

When they announced Steve-O was safe, Ty and I looked at each other and on the commercial break he started to go over moves with Chelsie! But luckily he was saved and lives to dance another dance!

Both of us have been so touched by the support from all my fans and all Ty's fans. We feel so fortunate to have such real and supportive folks around us, who have his back and are voting!

The western lifestyle is such a great way of life – its one I grew up with in Alaska on my family's beautiful ranch, (well Homestead technically, but that's another story) – and we both feel so proud to represent the lifestyle on such a popular show, and share it with so many folks.

I hear the key in the door, which means my cowpoke is home, so I'm going to get his dinner ready and hear all about the Jive.

We love reading your blog comments every morning, so keep it up!

Talk soon, xxjewel

Blog and some pic's here: http://www.pbrnow.com/blog/index.cfm/2009/4/10/Another-note-from-Jewel

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #633 on: April 11, 2009, 05:58:21 AM »

Shawn Johnson Blogs:

DWTS - week 5 “Viennese Waltz”

Hey guys!!!

So… Its been a crazy crazy week but a good one at that. This was one of the hardest weeks yet but i made it through alive, and I couldn’t be anymore relieved. After the Lindy Hop, Mark and I knew that we were going to have to work hard and bring it this week and we did that, i think. We moved our way back up to second place and will hopefully work our way up from there. The rehearsals last week were killer. I struggled a lot on getting the Viennese Waltz down. Even though it was another slow and elegant dance it had a lot of crazy footwork and the music was really challenging to count to. Let me just say that by the time the show came around i still felt unsure and afraid of the routine. When our time to take stage came up i said a prayer and just went. I did make a few mistakes but thankfully Mark saved me… BIG TIME… and we pulled it off. It just taught me that this week im going to have to work a lot harder! Anyway a few fun things that i have gotten to do recently…
I shot a video for Taylor Swifts new tour, which by the way has been the coolest thing ever.
I was given the honor to be apart of Emeril Lagasse’s new commercial! It was so much fun. I just got to be crazy and i put on this fun chef’s coat and tried to act like him… haha it was cute.
I also went to the Hannah Montana Premiere with my good friend Mitchel Musso, where i had a blast and got to spend some fun time with the whole Musso family. The movie was really cute and it was, of course, awesome to walk the red carpet with all the disney channel stars. I did want to say, “Thank You” though to Mitchel for inviting me and sharing that experience with me. His whole family was great to be with and I had great time.
Last week on the show I had quite a few people in the audience watching that i was thrilled to see. My cousin got the opportunity to come out and watch me, which meant the world to me because she has been there for me since day one and is like my best friend, and also many cast members from the hit show The Secret Life of The American Teenager came to watch and it was so exciting to see them there. I absolutely loved being on that show with all of them and loved spending the little time i could on monday talking and having fun. They are the sweetest bunch i have ever met and it was an honor to have them there.
Besides that things are getting heated up this week with the Rumba but of course not too much. Mark and I are having a great time and working really hard to make sure that we deliver a great routine this week and hopefully entertain all of you. I tried on my costume today too, and OMG is it gorgeous! I hope you all like it and tune it to see the final thing! Thank you all again so much for your support… I couldn’t of gotten this far without you. Im still not ready to go home though so make sure to vote and keep me here! Im having the time of my life and am not ready to have it end 
XoXo -SJ-

http://www.shawnjohnson.dreamhosters.com/?p=102

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #634 on: April 11, 2009, 08:08:56 AM »
Video:

Tom Bergeron on Good Morning America

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEvjuxIZkRI

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #635 on: April 11, 2009, 03:24:56 PM »
Tony, Chelsie & Ty arriving at rehearsal this morning and Jewel tagged along,too!

www.ineedmyfix.com

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #636 on: April 11, 2009, 10:18:09 PM »
Ty's blog:

`It’s like learning a new language’

Today we had our wardrobe fitting and, this week, I'm probably going to look a little bit more like me. We got that done and then Chelsie and I went to the CBS stage and got to practice for about 2 hours, and 45 minutes.

It was a good day of practice. Well, it was a good day for me because it's back to where we start stringing it together and I can start to learn all my little cues that I need to have in order to hit all my marks.

I really like running the routine at CBS where there aren't any mirrors. It's funny--sometimes at the practice studio you get to cuing off things you see in the mirror and when you get to the live performance you don't have those mirrors, so it can kind of mess you up.

It was nice to go over there today and that's the most work we've gotten to do on the CBS stage because there are a lot less contestants. When we first started there were 13 of us so you were lucky if you got to be in there for an hour.

Now, like I said, we had well over two hours, but most of that was because Lil' Kim was about 40 minutes late so we just kept going until she got there.

I felt like I had a good day – at least, to me, we did – and we still have tomorrow to polish it up, but it's like learning a new language.

First you learn all these different words and then you learn phrases. That's what yesterday felt like to me: we spent all this time on phrases, but you don't know how to make them all go together because you're still not sure what the transitions are.

Today I got to work on all the transitions in our routine and I got to work on the cues – it might be something I see or something that I hear in the music – but they're all the little things you notice once you start stringing the whole routine together.

But today was a good day...

http://www.pbrnow.com/blog/index.cfm/2009/4/11/Its-like-learning-a-new-language#more

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #637 on: April 12, 2009, 06:39:49 PM »
DWTS’ Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke @ Sentana Cup

Dancing With The Stars’ Cheryl Burke & Gilles Marini took some time out from dance rehearsals to attend the Sentana Cup Hollywood United Football Club Exhibition held at Chelsea Piers in New York.  WHAT??? Gilles was within stalking distance?  No wonder I was in such a great mood all weekend. ;)

Also at the games were Anthony LaPaglia, Costas Mandylor, Jimmy Jean-Louis, Donal Logue, and Ethan Zohn.

Ethan Zohn, winner of Season 3, Survivor:Africa

http://www.ineedmyfix.com/2009/04/12/dwts-gilles-marini-cheryl-burke-sentana-cup/

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #638 on: April 13, 2009, 08:20:28 AM »
Ty's blog:

‘We’re as ready as we’re going to get’

Chelsie and I went over to CBS Studios again for some more camera blocking and we got to run it through three full times while they practiced how they're going to shoot it with their cameras.

I didn't do a great job so we went to the practice studio afterward and I got to feeling a little better.

We were trying to polish up where my hands go, where I'm going to be looking, remembering to smile at the crowd, which camera am I going to look at, and all that kind of stuff.

The practice went good and we got to feeling pretty good about it. We'll get to run it a couple more times tomorrow before the show.

We're as ready as we're going to get and, like I said, the good thing is we'll get to run it on the stage without the mirrors, which I like.

Tomorrow night we'll go out there and do the best we can and, I think, that's the main thing anyway.

For me, taking part in "Dancing with the Stars" is about enjoying the process, having a good time and making sure you put in the work, but – above all – it's about always making sure you enjoy the trip.

But, right now, Jewel and I are going to spend the rest of Easter Sunday together. We're going to a movie and then just the two of us are going to have a nice dinner, and then we plan to just relax.

http://www.pbrnow.com/blog/index.cfm/2009/4/12/Were-as-ready-as-were-going-to-get#more

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #639 on: April 13, 2009, 08:56:58 AM »
Is Gilles Marini The Best?

Dancing with the Stars has come up with some very good celebrity dancers this season and none appear to be better than Gilles Marini.  Gilles may in fact be the best celebrity dancer to have ever graced Dancing with the stars.

Gilles Marini exploded onto the scene as Dante, the Casa Nova living in the beach house next door to Kim Cattrall's Samantha in the "Sex and the City" movie, a role which has earned him International recognition. Though people went to the theatres to see Carrie, Samantha, Miranda and Charlotte, they left with one thing on their mind....Gilles's shower scene.

At this point in Gilles career it is necessary to use a term not often heard much any more, Matinee Idol.  Gilles is that and much more.  It is hard not to find good things to say about the man.

One of the most interesting aspects of watching Gilles Marini on Dancing with the Stars is watching his wife, Carole.  Each time Gilles dances the camera pans to Carol and the expression on her face is pure pride.  I sometimes think behind that beautiful smile of hers she is thinking 'Eat your heart out bitches, he is all mine'.

To be honest, I doubt there is much to stand in the way of Gilles taking the Dancing with the Stars title this season.  Gilles is not only handsome with a huge female fan base, he brings immense talent to the dance floor which gives him all the credibility in the world.  Having said that I only have to remember the number of injuries this season and hope the same doesn't befall Gilles.

I would like to delude myself into believing it is a 3 way battle between Gilles, Mellisa and Lil'Kim but in reality it is likely only a two way battle between Lil'kim and Mellisa for second place.

Tune in Monday night at 8/7c on ABC to catch the next round of Dancing with the Stars.

http://www.tvgrapevine.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3465:dancing-with-the-stars-is-gilles-marini-the-best&catid=81:dancing-with-the-stars-2009

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #640 on: April 13, 2009, 09:49:58 AM »
Chuck Wicks Says Marriage "Definitely in the Future"

Chuck Wicks ended last week's Viennese waltz down on his knees in front of galpal Julianne Hough on Dancing with the Stars, but that's just all for show — for now. The country singer tells TVGuide.com that marriage is definitely in the cards and that he already knows how he's not going to pop the question. Find out what he's got planned and why he thinks this week will be his big breakthrough.

TVGuide.com: How are rehearsals going?
Chuck Wicks: Good. I'm actually heading to Best Buy right now to get some movies. We're kind of bored, you know, after we practice, and we're running out of things to watch, so I'm going to go stock up on movies.

TVGuide.com: For a date night?
Wicks: Oh my gosh! We need a date night. We spend literally 24/7 together, but I bet you 23 of those hours are working. The other day, we had five hours together so we went to the mall, saw a movie, had dinner together. It's the simplest things in the world that people take for granted and when you have them back, you're like, "We're lucky."

TVGuide.com: Is it hard for you to draw a line between being partners on the show and boyfriend/girlfriend?
Wicks: No, but I'd be lying if I said we didn't have our moments where we argue about things. The first two days of every week when I learn a new dance are really tough for me because I get really frustrated. So she gets really frustrated. Sometimes we'll just have one of those moments where I just walk away to collect my thoughts to come back with a clear head and a better attitude. Sometimes that carries over after we're done, but we've been really good about catching ourselves and realizing that at the end of the day it's just a show and we're having fun. You're an amazing dancer and I'm horrible [Laughs].

TVGuide.com: Now that's not true.
Wicks: You have no idea! I have so much pressure since we're dating and she's won it twice! I'm going to feel horrible if I can't at least have a decent showing and I'm the one that actually has chemistry with her.

TVGuide.com: You have the rumba next?
Wicks: Yes. It's the dance of love. It's actually been a lot of fun for me because I get to get up close and personal with her and we already have that chemistry locked in, so I think that's an advantage of us. What's not an advantage is that I still have to learn the steps! But that's what I'm gonna try to bring this week — not trying to think too much about the dance steps, but just being out there with Julianne and trying to bring that passion through. When I get out there, I think a lot, I get nervous and this week I think I might have a chance to put that aside and show raw emotion. ... As each week goes by, I just get more comfortable with the setting, with the nerves, and I feel like I'm finally getting to a place where I need to let it all go and see what happens.

TVGuide.com: Speaking of, I think some of your dances have looked like the first dance at your wedding. Then last week there was all the hoopla about you ending the dance on your knees. Is there something we should know?
Wicks: I will tell you that we have a great, great relationship. We definitely talk about it. It's definitely in the future. It's one of those things where it's supposed to be a surprise! I'll tell you this — I'm not going to do it on the show, but it's not like we don't talk about it or think about it or we don't know that that's the next step. All in due time. Right now we love where we are and we definitely want to grow from where we are. That's like the safest answer in the world, huh? [Laughs]

TVGuide.com: You already have a few dances in your pocket for your first dance.
Wicks: That's true. I can't wait. Here's the cool thing: When most people learn to dance, they learn with someone they're not with. I'm already with mine, so the minute we're invited to a ballroom party, we're going to tear it up.

TVGuide.com: Are you OK with girly moves now?
Wicks: I've gotten past the girly moves, yes. [Laughs] I figured: You know what, if I'm doing girly moves, there's not a better way to do it than next to her.

TVGuide.com: In the dance-off, do you think it's fair the judges get to score again, but fans don't get to vote again?
Wicks: I've never been a fan of the dance-off. Here's the deal: At the end of the day, you can be the worst dancer in the world, but if you have the fans in your back pocket and you're going up against someone who doesn't have a big fan base but is a better dancer than you, it's not even going to matter. It's nice to get re-scored, but the fans should be able to re-vote. I wish it was done that way. If the judges are the only ones that can [have an opinion on it], then let just the judges' scores count. Don't factor in the fans. Let the dance count. Any time you do something for the first time like this, there are going to be holes they have to work through, but it's unfortunate that we're the season that has to work through it!

TVGuide.com: Does this affect who you see as your biggest competition?
Wicks: After watching Gilles, you feel like everybody's fighting for second place. Obviously he's the one to beat because he's consistently doing really well, but at the same time, it's anybody's game. There are three people who are continuously getting 9s and 10s, but there have been two weeks where the lowest scorers haven't been in the bottom two. The hardest person to beat is myself. I can only control myself and how I do.

http://www.tvguide.com/Dancing-Stars/Dancings-Chuck-Wicks-1004991.aspx   

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #641 on: April 13, 2009, 01:45:29 PM »
ABC Press Release:

Monday, April 13, 2009
ABC Television Network
PRESS RELEASE - PRESS RELEASE - ENTERTAINMENT -
CORRECTION/UPDATE

As of MONDAY, APRIL 13, 2009 (all times ET unless noted)
MONDAY, APRIL 27
8:00 - 9:32 PM
SCHEDULED    Tonight's program is "DANCING WITH THE STARS: Episode 808" -
(TV-PG,L) (HD/5.1; Spanish audio via SAP) (CC)

TUESDAY, APRIL 28
9:00 - 10:02 PM
SCHEDULED    Tonight's program is "DANCING WITH THE STARS THE RESULTS SHOW: Episode 808A" - (TV-PG,L) (HD/5.1; Spanish audio via SAP) (CC)

http://www.abcmedianet.com/web/dnr/dispDNR.aspx?id=041309_19

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #642 on: April 13, 2009, 03:34:40 PM »
click on link below to view video

New Video: 'Dancing with the Stars' Duo Gets Pedicures

After weeks of hotfooting it on "Dancing"'s firm ballroom floor, Shawn Johnson and Mark Ballas' feet deserve some sweet relief, and ET is there as the "DWTS" duo gets pedicures!

Click the video to watch Shawn enjoy the grade-A treatment at L.A.'s Pampered Hands Nail Spa, while her pro partner Mark feels a bit unsure about getting his first-ever pedicure -- and his season six partner, "DWTS" champ Kristi Yamaguchi, calls in to joke with him about it!

See Mark and Shawn perform the rumba tonight at 8 p.m. on "Dancing with the Stars," only on ABC.

http://www.etonline.com/news/2009/04/72707/index.html

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #643 on: April 13, 2009, 06:00:12 PM »
Steve-O's myspace bulletin post:

Steve-O on Dancing with the Stars TONIGHT!

It's Week 6 and Steve-O & Lacey are still on Dancing with the Stars! Don't miss their next dance LIVE tonight (April 13th) at 8pm on ABC! To keep them on the show, you can text or phone in your votes for 30 minutes after the show airs in your time zone. You can vote 8 times from each line. You can also sign up online and vote until noon the following day.
You get up to 8 online votes from each email address as well:

Phone: 800-VOTE4-04 (800-868-3404)
Text: VOTE to 3404
Online: ABC.com

http://bulletins.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=bulletin.read&authorID=2231003&messageID=6408293786

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #644 on: April 13, 2009, 08:31:08 PM »
Week 6 Dancing Scoreboard:

J=Jive
R=Rumba

TEAM                     DANCE  CARRIE ANN  LEN  BRUNO    TOTAL

Ty/Chelsie                  J               6         6       6            18

Shawn/Mark               R               8         9       9             26             

Lawrence/Edyta          J               7         7       8             22

Melissa/Tony              R               9         9       9             27

Lil' Kim/Derek              J               10        8       10           28

Steve-O/Lacey           R                7        4        5            16

Gilles/Cheryl               J                9         8        9            26   

Chuck/Julianne           R                8         7        8            23             

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #645 on: April 13, 2009, 09:44:59 PM »
The fight to avoid the last place elimination appears to be between SteveO and Ty. Lawrence and Chuck did well enough that they should not be involved in tomorrow's night's dance-off, but you never how what the audience will vote.

The judges have continued to rate the 4 top teams highly and they deserve it. The most interesting elimination will be the one going from 4 celebrities left to 3 celebrities left when one of them will have to be eliminated.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #646 on: April 13, 2009, 09:54:48 PM »
Even though Steve-O got the lowest score again tonight, I think he will escape the dance-off again. I think it will be Lawrence and Ty. I think it's Ty's swan song this week.

Lawrence next week

Followed by Steve-O

and then Chuck

FINAL FOUR:

Gilles/Cheryl
Melissa/Tony
Lil' Kim/Derek
Shawn/Mark

FINAL THREE:

Gilles/Cheryl
Melissa/Tony
Lil' Kim/Derek

FINAL TWO:

Gilles/Cheryl
Melissa/Tony

CHAMPIONS:

too close to call

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #647 on: April 13, 2009, 10:43:59 PM »
Dancing with the Stars Episode Recap: Monday, April 13, 2009

t's time to get romantic and jubilant as The top 8 tackle the rumba and the jive on this week's Dancing with the Stars. Who had the chemistry down and who fell flat? Find out below.

This is the halfway point in the competition, which means less clothing! For the ladies! Is Julianne going to work the street corner after this? Damn. Well, Gilles can't have all the attention, right? This is the last week of one-dance-per-dancer, so let's relish it.

Ty Murray & Chelsie Hightower: Jive
Chelsie's trying to unwind Ty, but he doesn't know what part to loosen up, so she brings in a trampoline. I have never seen a person look more lost with a trampoline. Just jump, dude. Don't ask how high. They've finally brought out the cowboy get-up! This is gonna rock already. Except it doesn't. Ty looks like he's about three speeds behind Chelsie and just learned how to walk, much less dance. He is still beyond charming and so aw-shucks that you can forgive him for any misstep. Or 20. Len appreciates that he tries, but it wasn't that good. Bruno says he's a wild animal and also a gentleman. You don't find those a lot. Carrie Ann thinks it was exciting, but tough to watch.
Score: 18

Shawn Johnson & Mark Ballas: Rumba
Shawn told me she's "scared to death" about this, but I feel like she's going to rock it. She feels self-conscious and out of her comfort zone with the romantic rumba. Mark being a tool probably doesn't help. He eventually decides to throw her a prom since a) she's missing it this year and b) it will help her get into character. Aww. I need an insulin shot to deal with all this sweetness. Shawn's giving Lil Kim a run for her money with her gamely gams. The faux prom helped a little bit because you can tell she's trying to stick with the character. Her extensions, though, are gorgeous and the dance, while not sensual, is romantic in a Jonas Brothers-song kind of way. I'd usually say that's a bad thing, but it's good in this case. I think this is a totally age-appropriate yet mature routine for her, so big ups to Mark. Bruno loves the innocence and the hint of the devil and wants more hip movement (I think her Grecian-style dress was designed to hide the lack thereof). Carrie Ann understands that it's difficult for her but thinks they came alive in the middle. Len thinks they got it just right.
Score: 26

Lawrence Taylor & Edyta Sliwinska: Jive
LT said the dance-off was a nightmare. This is his way of showing he cares. He can't get into the jive now and can't fake the smile on his face. Um, has he ever had a smile? Along comes Warren Sapp to lighten the mood. Edyta has no idea WTF is going. I think her legs are more covered than the upper half of her body. Nothing new, I guess. Plus, we all know leg-warmers are anything but new. What is new? LT can move. Somewhat. His footwork's still a little heavy, but he's moving more than Ty was, so that's something. But more importantly, he actually looks like he's enjoying this. I never thought we'd see the day. Blame Warren. Carrie Ann says he's got his groove back. Len appreciates the different side in his personality. Bruno wants Warren attached to him from now on. Backstage, LT admits Warren reminded him to have fun. And what have you been doing the past few weeks, Edyta?
Score: 22

Melissa Rycroft & Tony Dovolani: Rumba
Tony wants her to pretend there's a 10-karat diamond on her ring finger. Except it's empty. Good job, Tony. As punishment, he has to wear a tie-dyed version of Mark's see-through bedazzled shirt. Tramp-stamp cover-up sequin this week is a flower. And there's also one in her hair! That's planning, people. Anyhow, Melissa looks like she's trying way hard to get into character and yet still can't feign love for Tony. They look really steamy, but I don't really feel any chemistry between them. It's basically how I feel about any Sarah Jessica Parker on-screen coupling. The movements look really hard and sharp for a rumba. Unlike last week, though, she's pulling them off cleanly. It was a decent effort, but I still feel like something's lacking. Len likes the choreography, but wants it more earthy and less balletic. Bruno likes her contortionist body, or something. He wants Melissa the Maneater next. Carrie Ann loves the emotional quality, but wants her hips moving.
Score: 27

Lil Kim & Derek Hough: Jive
Derek thinks Kim can overtake Gilles with her "edge" this week, meaning '50s-style cars. I suddenly have a craving for Johnny Rockets. Ms. Federal Detention Center is rockin' a jailhouse theme (get it?). Love! The routine is snappy, snazzy, dynamic and so full of life that you'd think Kim really did have this much fun behind bars. I don't really see that many jive steps here, however. It kind of looks more like a freestyle. Where are all those kicks and stuff (yeah, stuff!)? They seem to be performing just for the sake of performing. I have to say Kim has the perfect personality for this show. She gets a rowdy standing O from the audience, which includes Queen Latifah, aka Mama Morton herself. Coincidence? I think not. Bruno wants her to arrest him and frisk him. Save it for after the show. Carrie Ann lost jewelry in her jubilance. Calm down, guys. Len finds it too theatrical and not really a jive. And the wind just left their sails.
Score: 28

Steve-O & Lacey Schwimmer: Rumba
Steve-O's going to give his fans all the love he's got. And himself. But not Lacey. His farts smell like mildew, by the way. Steve-O can't be romantic with Lacey, so she brings in his pup, Boogie. So he has to picture Lacey as a bitch. I mean, dog. I thought Lacey was wearing workout shorts, but it's actually granny panty lingerie. Lacey in lace would be too obvious, people! This is... what it is. There still isn't much improvement, but Steve-O's a trooper and there is something endearing and, dare I say, romantic about this dance. The most cringe-worthy parts, however, are when he's standing still and takes one awkward step off-beat. Sigh. "A" for effort, right? Carrie Ann thinks he's oddly mesmerizing and admires his commitment. Len can't be kind and says it's no good. Bruno loves racy Lacey, but not puppy-eyed Steve-O.
Score: 16

Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke: Jive
No more sexy time for Gilles. He has to show his teeth now and look cool. But he's not cool. No, just sexy... and a soccer stud. He's clothed this week, a little bit. How much does a leather vest count? This is incredibly goth for a jive... and a little too fast. Gilles wasn't kidding when he said Cheryl stuffed this with 400 or so moves. If this is Cheryl's way of upping the ante, it's not a good idea. I'm getting a headache watching this, or maybe it's from the lighting. He's still rockin' and attacking the dance, though, and I appreciate the little solos Cheryl always puts in for Gilles every week. Len thinks it's too frantic and noticed a misstep. Bruno thinks he's close to reaching the speed of light as a mad squirrel. Carrie Ann calls him out on the awkward arm movements. It's his shoulder injury, he says.
Score: 26

Chuck Wicks & Julianne Hough: Rumba
Chuck told me he thinks this will be his breakthrough dance because the love's already there, ya know. Things got too heated and unromantic in rehearsals, so Julianne takes him back to the site of their first date at the Santa Monica pier and they re-kiss their first kiss. "It's so good to be your girl right now." Who writes this stuff? After the schmaltz, they're ready to dance, lace and all. Chuck's got the black lace version of Mark's shirt. Julianne just borrowed something from Heidi Fleiss. I hate the frantic head-turning and hair-tussling combo that's supposed to constitute sensuality. It's a turn-off, if nothing else. Unfortunately for Chuckie boy, this is not going to be his breakout dance. Cognizant of the chemistry talk on the line, they both seem to be trying really hard with the "raw emotion" and it's coming off artificial. I'm sure they do have chemistry when the cameras are off, but I'm not sure that's ever going to make it to the dance floor at this point. And if that's Chuck's sexy face, I definitely don't want to be his girl. Yeesh. He's kind of on and off throughout the whole thing, and he's bringing the "emotion" at the expense of his technique. Bruno loves the raunch factor, but wants him to work on his footwork. Carrie Ann's getting hot flashes. But it could also be menopause. Len thinks the dance was better suited for the bedroom. Oh, uptight Brits!
Score: 23

What do you think? Did any rumbas leave you hot and bothered? Did you jump for joy for any jives? Did Bruno and Carrie Ann go overboard with their Lil Kim love? Is Len PMS-ing like whoa this week? Who do you think will leave Tuesday?

http://www.tvguide.com/Episode-Recaps/dancing-stars/Dancing-Stars-Episode-1005020.aspx   

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #648 on: April 14, 2009, 09:04:32 AM »
click on link below to view video

Maksim Gets Personal with 'Dancing' Stars

After the jumping jives and sexy rumbas on Monday's "Dancing with the Stars," the contestants opened up to ET about their strategies, wardrobe malfunctions, surprise proms, and first dates!

ET's "Dancing" correspondent Maksim Chmerkovskiy spoke with partners and real life couple Julianne Hough and Chuck Wicks about heating things up on the dance floor.

"I thought we did exactly what we were supposed to do," Chuck Wicks tells ET about the couple's sensual rumba. "Bring passion, make it feel like it was in a bedroom like Len [Goodman] said."

Watch the video to hear about Lil' Kim's wardrobe malfunction, the prom Mark Ballas recreated for his partner Shawn Johnson -- and Julianne and Chuck share details about their first date and first kiss!

http://www.etonline.com/news/2009/04/72767/index.html

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #649 on: April 14, 2009, 09:11:24 AM »
Gilles Marini: I Need Surgery

He’s been ailing since last February, but Gilles Marini is hanging in thanks to his partner Cheryl Burke’s “trick” choreography.

“I used only my right arm [for the jive]. Go check it out,” Marini says of Monday night’s high-energy jive. “She makes sure I only do what I can do. I didn’t use my left arm. I need surgery because the bones [in the left shoulder] have separated. So after the show I will get surgery and that will take a day and about three weeks to recover and I’ll move on with life.”

Two seasons ago Burke’s partner Christian de la Fuente tore a tendon in his left bicep while performing the samba. De la Fuenta had surgery last May and tells PEOPLE, “I’m one hundred percent better now.”

Marini is confident he will be fine, too, and says the injury may have been avoidable if he’d only listened to Burke.

“I tell you, I did not listen to her. I did not pose my arm, I just yanked at it when we did the cha cha because I did not know better and I completely separated it,” Marini says. “Now I know better and it will be fine.”

http://tvwatch.people.com/2009/04/14/gilles-marini-i-need-surgery/