Author Topic: The Amazing Race 14 Speculation on Spoilers  (Read 681436 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: The Amazing Race 14 Speculation on Spoilers
« Reply #1450 on: April 22, 2009, 03:46:12 PM »

I think that LaKisha & Jen are simply way behind the other two teams, if they made the Final 3 (which I think they did).  Cara & Jamie and Margie & Luke got an earlier flight while LaKisha & Jen got a later flight, possibly delayed as well.

Belle Book

..or way ahead

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #1451 on: April 22, 2009, 03:48:49 PM »
Another possibility, Puddin.  We just don't know.

Belle Book

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1452 on: April 22, 2009, 04:37:34 PM »
...... or decoys.
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1453 on: April 22, 2009, 05:49:36 PM »
...... or decoys.
or are just visting Michael Munoz in Maui

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #1454 on: April 22, 2009, 06:28:57 PM »
...... or decoys.
or are just visting Michael Munoz in Maui

or they could be on their way home to NYC.
Matthew 7:15

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1455 on: April 22, 2009, 07:05:06 PM »
 .. I predict any of the scenarios posted above will be correct

Online georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1456 on: April 22, 2009, 07:10:03 PM »

I predict ONE of the scenarios will be correct.  :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1457 on: April 22, 2009, 07:17:34 PM »

I predict ONE of the scenarios will be correct.  :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

Well their are so many scenarios posted through out this topic I was being safe so I'll stick with "any" :lol:

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #1458 on: April 22, 2009, 08:42:56 PM »
Well I really meant that they were *seen* in the airport on the way home to NYC , after the finish line and after visiting Michael Munoz. Just want to clear that up.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 08:07:14 PM by DrRox »

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #1459 on: April 24, 2009, 12:22:26 AM »
 :funny: You guys are hilarious.

Offline littlewop

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1460 on: April 24, 2009, 07:32:44 PM »
I read this at jokers...

There are no more non-eliminations, they were only 2 this season..but they could do the "to be continued" ep NT

I'm trying to figure out if it is fact or speculation.  Has anyone heard /read this?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1461 on: April 24, 2009, 09:24:48 PM »
I read this at jokers...

There are no more non-eliminations, they were only 2 this season..but they could do the "to be continued" ep NT

I'm trying to figure out if it is fact or speculation.  Has anyone heard /read this?

If the map is true then you decide:

Offline littlewop

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1462 on: April 24, 2009, 09:38:58 PM »
That's why I thought it sounded wrong.  I asked the poster, and when they went to verify they found it was stated as 12 legs, with 8 elimination legs.  So, yes, we have either a NEL or a TBC.  I would guess it is this week.  Just trying to decide if they will sneak a TBC in on us.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1463 on: April 24, 2009, 09:48:11 PM »
That's why I thought it sounded wrong.  I asked the poster, and when they went to verify they found it was stated as 12 legs, with 8 elimination legs.  So, yes, we have either a NEL or a TBC.  I would guess it is this week.  Just trying to decide if they will sneak a TBC in on us.
TPTB most certainly could very well sneak in a TBC, really I don't know? I just think no one leaves this week no matter what TPTB have planned as the consensus agrees.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1464 on: April 24, 2009, 09:52:21 PM »

[/quote]
I think that LaKisha & Jen are simply way behind the other two teams, if they made the Final 3 (which I think they did).  Cara & Jamie and Margie & Luke got an earlier flight while LaKisha & Jen got a later flight, possibly delayed as well.

Belle Book

[/quote]

All 3 teams are required to take only one flight to prevent one team from taking a say, very early flight and being way in the lead...

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1465 on: April 24, 2009, 10:05:58 PM »
I read this at jokers...

littlewop, you need to read different sources. Many months ago it was established (over the objections of many who thought 11 episodes a season was baked in stone) that there are 12 episodes in AR14. So let's do the math:
there are 8 elimination points per Phil
there is one finale
let's subtract 9 from 12. What do we get?

You can be sure that there is another NEL or TBC coming in Beijing.

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1466 on: April 24, 2009, 10:15:18 PM »

Belle Book

[/quote]

All 3 teams are required to take only one flight to prevent one team from taking a say, very early flight and being way in the lead...
[/quote]

Not sure about those rules being recently implemented, but in the past, aside from Seasons 2 & 3, the teams were on 2 (or 3 in the case of Season 6 or 0 in the case of Season 8) separate flights to the final destination city.
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline eragon

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1467 on: April 24, 2009, 10:21:17 PM »

In Season 10, all 3 teams were not on the same flight.

1st flight (Tyler & James, Rob & Kimberly)
2nd flight (Lyn & Karlyn)

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1468 on: April 24, 2009, 11:25:54 PM »
^^Yup. During Seasons 1, 4, 5, 6 & 7, they were also on separate flights.
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #1469 on: April 25, 2009, 12:12:32 AM »
I think TAR 12 is one of those rare seasons where we don't know who will win until the last 15minutes, where they decided to focus on Ron/Chris and TK/Rachel because Nic/Don was so far behind, but other than that.. until the Roadblock they were all neck-in-neck! TAR 12 is a great season i guess. As for this season.. i foresee the same thing happening again! :tup:

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1470 on: April 25, 2009, 02:05:19 AM »
^^Well, I think that most season finales had intense races for 1st & 2nd, with the 3rd placer easily determined:

Season 1: Rob/Brennan & Frank/Margarita are neck-and-neck until the subway train, with the Guidos behind
Season 2: Tara/Wil ahead, but Chris/Alex sneak up; Blake/Paige are close behind, but with the top two being SO close, they were sort of resigned to 3rd
Season 3: All teams are neck-and-neck here
Season 4: Reichen/Chip held a lead over Kelly/Jon
Season 5: Chip/Kim & Colin/Christie are neck-and-neck, until Colin/Christie's limo broke down
Season 6: Freddy/Kendra are ahead, Kris/Jon close behind but fall behind due to the train
Season 7: Uchenna/Joyce were way ahead of Romber
Season 8: footrace
Season 9: final task was so close
Season 10: Tyler/James held a lead
Season 11: All 3 teams were neck-and-neck
Season 12: like you said
Season 13: Nick/Starr & Ken/Tina neck-and-neck until Voodoo Doughnut
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1471 on: April 25, 2009, 07:39:42 AM »
Raymond, that's a decent summary of the history of the finale of Amazing Races with certain exceptions l will address below, but first I want to address your inference that seasons 1, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 10 all had trailing teams and that's why it was a 2 team race to the Finish Line. World Race Productions clearly has a goal reinforced by constant bunching throughout each race to reach a 3 team competition in the finale. The only instances with only 2 teams and extraneous factors were not responsible is "None of the above":

AR1 - Joe/Bill were 24 hours behind and had no chance of catching up
AR4 - Dave/Jeff fly to Sydney instead of to Tokyo and take themselves about 24 hours out of contention
AR5 - the infamous disallowal of Colin/Christie and Brandon/Nicole on the United flight Denver to Dallas only due to the baggage check-in issue; also the fact that this is a genuine 3 team race with Nicole/Brandon maybe 10 minutes behind Colin/Christie at the finish line
AR6 - Adam/Rebecca lag slightly behind in Hawaii
AR7 - Ron/Kelly were even until they miss the exit ramp for San Juan International Airport
AR10 - Lyn/Karlan could not get a seat on sold-out Air France flight CDG to JFK and had to settle for an earlier leaving connection through Dublin to Newark

On the question of your season-by-season summary:

AR1 to 4 - OK
AR5 - Colin/Christie and Brandon/Nicole were denied the right to fly on the United flight Denver to Dallas due to baggage regulations and their checking of their stuff back in Calgary on American Airlines, on whom they were originally ticketed to fly. They were on the same flight from Calgary to Denver as Chip/Kim. It was the flight and not the limo driver problems that caused Colin/Christie being behind.
AR6 - you have cause and effect wrong. The cause of Jon/Kris being behind was their poor decision on which flight to take from Honolulu to Hawaii. The train was superfluous and merely reflected the difference in flights.
AR7 - Uchenna/Joyce and Rob/Amber were able to take the same flight from San Juan to Miami. Soon after arriving, they took different paths through Miami's Little Havana Cuban section. Uchenna/Joyce gained about a 45 minute lead there, most of which they used up in trying to beg for the remainder of their taxi fare from Miami to Ft. Lauderdale. From Little Havana to Ft. Lauderdale and from the bridge jump back almost to San Juan International Airport are the only 2 points where where Uchenna/Joyce were actually ahead in the finale of AR7
AR8 - there was no footrace that I remember. Nick Linz had to run for a very minor amount of yards to reach the Finish Line while Wally Branson had to finish the puzzle.
AR9 - OK
AR10 - the lead for Tyler/James over Rob/Kimberly developed as a results of the EZPass incident at a tollbooth in Queens on the way to Manhattan. They kept this lead for about 30 minutes in Manhattan and maybe 90 minutes driving to Garrison.
AR11 - it depends on what you mean by neck-and-neck. Eric/Danielle won by about 10 minutes over Dustin/Kandice, who were ahead of Charla/Mirna by about 15 minutes at the Finish Line. To me, that is not like AR2 which was real neck-and-neck.
AR12 - from the scale ROADBLOCK on, I saw no neck-and-neck here. I reemmber TK/Rachel winning by at least 10 minutes.
AR13 - this really was neck-and-neck in downtown Portland; you are correct that after Voodoo Doughnuts it widened to 5 to 11 minutes for Nick/Starr over Ken/Tina.

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1472 on: April 25, 2009, 07:59:03 AM »
Raymond, that's a decent summary of the history of the finale of Amazing Races with certain exceptions l will address below, but first I want to address your inference that seasons 1, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 10 all had trailing teams and that's why it was a 2 team race to the Finish Line. World Race Productions clearly has a goal reinforced by constant bunching throughout each race to reach a 3 team competition in the finale. The only instances with only 2 teams and extraneous factors were not responsible is "None of the above":

AR1 - Joe/Bill were 24 hours behind and had no chance of catching up
AR4 - Dave/Jeff fly to Sydney instead of to Tokyo and take themselves about 24 hours out of contention
AR5 - the infamous disallowal of Colin/Christie and Brandon/Nicole on the United flight Denver to Dallas only due to the baggage check-in issue; also the fact that this is a genuine 3 team race with Nicole/Brandon maybe 10 minutes behind Colin/Christie at the finish line
AR6 - Adam/Rebecca lag slightly behind in Hawaii
AR7 - Ron/Kelly were even until they miss the exit ramp for San Juan International Airport
AR10 - Lyn/Karlan could not get a seat on sold-out Air France flight CDG to JFK and had to settle for an earlier leaving connection through Dublin to Newark

On the question of your season-by-season summary:

AR1 to 4 - OK
AR5 - Colin/Christie and Brandon/Nicole were denied the right to fly on the United flight Denver to Dallas due to baggage regulations and their checking of their stuff back in Calgary on American Airlines, on whom they were originally ticketed to fly. They were on the same flight from Calgary to Denver as Chip/Kim. It was the flight and not the limo driver problems that caused Colin/Christie being behind.
AR6 - you have cause and effect wrong. The cause of Jon/Kris being behind was their poor decision on which flight to take from Honolulu to Hawaii. The train was superfluous and merely reflected the difference in flights.
AR7 - Uchenna/Joyce and Rob/Amber were able to take the same flight from San Juan to Miami. Soon after arriving, they took different paths through Miami's Little Havana Cuban section. Uchenna/Joyce gained about a 45 minute lead there, most of which they used up in trying to beg for the remainder of their taxi fare from Miami to Ft. Lauderdale. From Little Havana to Ft. Lauderdale and from the bridge jump back almost to San Juan International Airport are the only 2 points where where Uchenna/Joyce were actually ahead in the finale of AR7
AR8 - there was no footrace that I remember. Nick Linz had to run for a very minor amount of yards to reach the Finish Line while Wally Branson had to finish the puzzle.
AR9 - OK
AR10 - the lead for Tyler/James over Rob/Kimberly developed as a results of the EZPass incident at a tollbooth in Queens on the way to Manhattan. They kept this lead for about 30 minutes in Manhattan and maybe 90 minutes driving to Garrison.
AR11 - it depends on what you mean by neck-and-neck. Eric/Danielle won by about 10 minutes over Dustin/Kandice, who were ahead of Charla/Mirna by about 15 minutes at the Finish Line. To me, that is not like AR2 which was real neck-and-neck.
AR12 - from the scale ROADBLOCK on, I saw no neck-and-neck here. I reemmber TK/Rachel winning by at least 10 minutes.
AR13 - this really was neck-and-neck in downtown Portland; you are correct that after Voodoo Doughnuts it widened to 5 to 11 minutes for Nick/Starr over Ken/Tina.

True, but I was going based on how the editors showed it to be. Based on real times, more often than not, there's a clear winner, but I see what you mean.
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #1473 on: April 25, 2009, 11:40:30 AM »

Season 7: Uchenna/Joyce were way ahead of Romber

It was very simple Raymond. To quote Stephen J. Gould from his book, Fortunate Life, it was CHANCE.

Romber and U/J were on the same flight, as everyone knows. Romber were first to the taxi line. They jumped into the first taxi and took off. The driver was a French speaking Haitian that neither understood the clue (which was in Spanish) or comprehended its meaning. U/J got the second taxi that was driven by a Spanish speaking Cuban, he not only understood the clue, but drove right to the cigar shop. After that, all that was important was did U/J have enough time to beg for taxi fare, before Romber arrived. And we all know the answer to that.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #1474 on: April 25, 2009, 09:34:21 PM »
I asked the poster, and when they went to verify they found it was stated as 12 legs, with 8 elimination legs.  So, yes, we have either a NEL or a TBC....Just trying to decide if they will sneak a TBC in on us.

A little too late for this now, maybe, but assuming you mean a "To Be Continued" leg, if next leg were one of those, then there wouldn't be 12 legs, would there? There would be 11. :tup:
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis