Author Topic: The Amazing Race 14 Speculation on Spoilers  (Read 680871 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: The Amazing Race 14 Speculation on Spoilers
« Reply #1350 on: April 10, 2009, 09:46:36 AM »
A U-Turn being used on T/V remains complete speculation at this point.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
Re: TAR14 EP9: 'Our Parents Will Cry Themselves to Death' (China)
« Reply #1351 on: April 10, 2009, 04:04:30 PM »
Well, with the news that the Bangkok leg will, in fact, be an elimination leg, I guess this leg and the Beijing leg that follows it will be back-to-back NELs, and Mark & Michael are in the F4, after all, with Kisha & Jen gone.  Damn. :(
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #1352 on: April 10, 2009, 05:23:19 PM »
Hold you horses there Ashe. That source you cited ALWAYS says one team is eliminated. They have said it in the past when it was actually a NEL. It is their standard copy. Rather than saying that an elimination is a FACT, would be much better to say that Zap2it.com reports that is it an elimination.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 05:28:36 PM by DrRox »
Matthew 7:15

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #1353 on: April 10, 2009, 05:45:47 PM »
Hold you horses there Ashe. That source you cited ALWAYS says one team is eliminated. They have said it in the past when it was actually a NEL. It is their standard copy. Rather than saying that an elimination is a FACT, would be much better to say that Zap2it.com reports that is it an elimination.
I'll believe there's no elimination when I see it, thank you.
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #1354 on: April 10, 2009, 06:08:13 PM »

We know. We're just enjoying a nice dream... :pfight: :zz:
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1355 on: April 10, 2009, 06:20:09 PM »

We know. We're just enjoying a nice dream... :pfight: :zz:

Heee...just be sure to identify it as speculation and not fact, okay? Otherwise the next thing you know we are reading elsewhere that "RFF says T/V get U-turned in China and are eliminated", see? Of course, that would be completely untrue as far as we know right now.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1356 on: April 10, 2009, 06:26:10 PM »

Thank you DrRox, you are completely correct.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #1357 on: April 10, 2009, 06:28:45 PM »

And as I said before, I'll believe it when I see it.  Until then, I don't.
Jamison

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1358 on: April 10, 2009, 06:32:45 PM »
THIS IS SPECULATION

That good enough? :funny:
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1359 on: April 10, 2009, 06:52:39 PM »
:lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

Works for me!!  ;D
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1360 on: April 10, 2009, 07:36:56 PM »
Yeah be careful. I did this is in a 24-related forum.

I wrote a statement in a spoiler thread saying (and if you know 24, you'll know what I'm referring to), "Jack will throw Paul Raines' (dead) body into Marwan's bunker in an attempt to smoke him out." I thought this was so preposterous that no one would think it could be a real spoiler. Forum regulars knew that I was joking. However, it boomeranged on me when some people actually believed it and quoted it in the official Fox 24 forums as fact. Two seasons later, forum newbies were writing, "I had read that Paul Raines spoiler... what happened to it..." I had to explain that I had written it as a joke every time someone mentioned it. So even if you're speculating or joking (no matter how many smileys you put after it), someone may take your speculation and run with it.
Just here to visit.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #1361 on: April 11, 2009, 03:05:13 AM »

And as I said before, I'll believe it when I see it.  Until then, I don't.

:funny: Nevermind if you don't get it.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #1362 on: April 11, 2009, 03:09:36 AM »
Charla and Mirna makes a cameo at the finish line of TAR 14, that i'm pretty sure off.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1363 on: April 11, 2009, 10:54:47 PM »
Charla and Mirna makes a cameo at the finish line of TAR 14, that i'm pretty sure off.

EEEECK! I hope not!

THIS IS STILL SPECULATION  :funny:

Offline ready2rock

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1364 on: April 12, 2009, 01:32:42 AM »
puddin...ur help needed again...in the last episode u came to my rescue when u posted that kisha and jen are not going home and it turned out exactly like that we had mel and mike leaving instead...now again after seeing all the speculations about kisha and jen i'm again worried for them... :groan:
The Amazing Race Season 14's favourite team-Kisha and Jen

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #1365 on: April 12, 2009, 08:52:53 PM »

I guess you are a believer now, eh?

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1366 on: April 12, 2009, 08:53:32 PM »
What did we say about believing the episode descriptions? :lol:
Just here to visit.

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #1367 on: April 12, 2009, 10:12:34 PM »

I guess you are a believer now, eh?
Fine.  Yes, I am.
Jamison

Offline amazing_hey

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1368 on: April 13, 2009, 07:50:17 AM »
Speculation:

Cheerleaders suffer Taxi problem in china and eliminated at 5th, M/M survive!
Magrie Luke lost alli and were U-turned and eliminated at 4th!

LOL, Then F3 will be Brothers & Sisters, Sisters Win  :sucks[Kisha Jen Tammy], Brothers Lose  :meow:[Victor, M/M]  :umn:

I am trying to go against the spoilers we have right now :P
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 07:55:20 AM by amazing_hey »

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #1369 on: April 13, 2009, 09:42:52 AM »
Speculation:

Cheerleaders suffer Taxi problem in china and eliminated at 5th, M/M survive!
Magrie Luke lost alli and were U-turned and eliminated at 4th!

LOL, Then F3 will be Brothers & Sisters, Sisters Win  :sucks[Kisha Jen Tammy], Brothers Lose  :meow:[Victor, M/M]  :umn:

I am trying to go against the spoilers we have right now :P
Wow.  That'd be a . . . really awful F3, because it'd be too damn obvious Tammy & Victor would win.
Jamison

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #1370 on: April 13, 2009, 03:08:18 PM »
We were flying on an Air China/ANA code share from Beijing to Tokyo on the 21st of November, flight later ID’d as CA925/NH5702 0930-1350.

At the terminal we discovered we had ended up on the same flight as the cheerleaders (Cara/Jaime) and the Mom/son (Margie/Luke).  

Once we got on the plane, ...... I don't honestly remember much else aside from the fact that the cheerleaders were glad another team was fighting and said as much to the Mom/son team.

So, which is the "other team fighting"? Is it Kisha/Jen or Tammy/Victor?

We then came across Phil at the JAL transfer desk in Tokyo. He was actually traveling with Tammy/Victor and BVM. insert: They were ahead of us in line. I do recall Victor was very nice to the crew and was trying to get the crew members window seats to sleep by, to their next destination...Honolulu. They did film them at the counter if I recall.  
The crew and such traveling with Phil/BVM/Tammy/Victor were considerably nicer than the ones on her flight

I don't see anything in her statements to suggest that T/V were fighting, either amongst themselves or with another team, at all. Quite the contrary, Victor's demeanor seems quit calm and reserved from her observations. To me, the "other team fighting" is probably much more likely to be Kisha/Jen, especially from the previews for Episode 9. Add the fact that T/V are on the same exact flight with PK/BVM, when there are so many flights to Hawaii, at the same basic times, it just "ain't right" if they are racing. With so many flights, I just think that TPTB would "prohibit" travel on the same flight with the big wigs, in the travel instructions, ie  "You may not use JAL flight xxxx."

So this is MY SPECULATION only and only MINE.

Margie/Luke, Jamie/Cara and Kisha/Jen for Final 3 and Tammy/Victor for a decoy team.

What is really amazing to me, is how two 6'+ slender, young, attractive, American black females can go from Romania to Hawaii, without apparently being noticed or seen. They really have flown UNDER THE RADAR. Four years of NCAA sports conditioning  and stamina is starting to show through. If K/J stop making mental mistakes and it is close at the finish line, I can certainly see them outrunning J/C. They might not outrun Luke, but THEY only have to outrun Margie.

(Puddin and Peach: Did I make that clear enough?)

(Edited spelling, grammar, and a brain fart. Added to conclusion)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 04:00:42 AM by DrRox »

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #1371 on: April 13, 2009, 06:18:15 PM »

Margie/Luke, Jamie/Cara and Kisha/Jen for Final 3 and Tammy/Victor for a decoy team.

What is really amazing to me, is how two 6'+ slender, young, attractive, American black females can go from Romania to Hawaii, without apparently being noticed or seen. They really have flown UNDER THE RADAR.

Yep.  I think this is it, too.  If this ends up being the second time two women's teams make the F3, I'll have a complete orgasm that'll be heard from miles away.  An orgasm to end all orgasms.

Plus, with the upcoming Margie & Luke/Kisha & Jen feud, it seems likely their teams do make the F3.  So it'll be interesting to see if that does indeed come to fruition.
Jamison

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #1372 on: April 13, 2009, 06:48:22 PM »
We were flying on an Air China/ANA code share from Beijing to Tokyo on the 21st of November, flight later ID’d as CA925/NH5702 0930-1350.

At the terminal we discovered we had ended up on the same flight as the cheerleaders (Cara/Jaime) and the Mom/son (Margie/Luke).  

Once we got on the plane, ...... I don't honestly remember much else aside from the fact that the cheerleaders were glad another team was fighting and said as much to the Mom/son team.

We then came across Phil at the JAL transfer desk in Tokyo. He was actually traveling with Tammy/Victor and BVM. insert: They were ahead of us in line. I do recall Victor was very nice to the crew and was trying to get the crew members window seats to sleep by, to their next destination...Honolulu. They did film them at the counter if I recall.  
The crew and such traveling with Phil/BVM/Tammy/Victor were considerably nicer than the ones on her flight

I don't see anything in her statements to suggest that T/V were fighting, either amongst themselves or with another team, at all. Quite the contrary, Victor's demeanor seems quit calm and reserved from her observations. To me, the "other team fighting" is probably much more likely to be Kisha/Jen, especially from the previews for Episode 9. Add the fact that T/V are on the same exact flight with PK/BVM, when there are so many flights to Hawii, at the same basic times, just "ain't right" if they are racing. With so many flights, I just think that TPTB would "prohibit" travel on the same flight with the big wigs, in the travel instructions, ie  "You may not use JAL flight xxxx."

What is really amazing to me, is how two 6'+ slender, young, attractive, American black females can go from Romania to Hawaii, without apparently being noticed or seen. They really have flown UNDER THE RADAR.

I agree with you -- Cara & Jamie, LaKisha & Jen and Margie & Luke make the Final 3, leaving Tammy & Victor and Mark & Michael out of luck.  I'm not upset about Mark & Michael -- they're idiots of the first order, but I am a little sad about Tammy & Victor.

Belle Book

Offline Max

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1373 on: April 13, 2009, 07:31:45 PM »

I don't see anything in her statements to suggest that T/V were fighting, either amongst themselves or with another team, at all. Quite the contrary, Victor's demeanor seems quit calm and reserved from her observations. To me, the "other team fighting" is probably much more likely to be Kisha/Jen, especially from the previews for Episode 9. Add the fact that T/V are on the same exact flight with PK/BVM, when there are so many flights to Hawii, at the same basic times, just "ain't right" if they are racing. With so many flights, I just think that TPTB would "prohibit" travel on the same flight with the big wigs, in the travel instructions, ie  "You may not use JAL flight xxxx."

I agree with you -- Cara & Jamie, LaKisha & Jen and Margie & Luke make the Final 3, leaving Tammy & Victor and Mark & Michael out of luck.  I'm not upset about Mark & Michael -- they're idiots of the first order, but I am a little sad about Tammy & Victor.

Belle Book

I think it a little much to be saying they are idiots of the first order.  Give credit where credit is due.  They have raced well enough to secure their current positions. They may have been a little over the top, but they are certainly not idiotic. (Remember editing is everything) That being said, I'm not sure if they will recover from the penalty imposed.

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #1374 on: April 13, 2009, 08:27:52 PM »

Belle Book

I think it a little much to be saying they are idiots of the first order.  Give credit where credit is due.  They have raced well enough to secure their current positions. They may have been a little over the top, but they are certainly not idiotic. (Remember editing is everything) That being said, I'm not sure if they will recover from the penalty imposed.
I don't agree.  Twice, they should've gone home.  They've only been saved by Christie & Jodi's incompetent driver first getting lost in India, then stopping for gas.  (And the Speed Bump didn't help, either.)  Second, this past leg's performance should've been elimination-worthy, and it wasn't only because it was the standard NEL.

It'll be interesting to see if they are, in fact, way too far behind.  I suspect the editors left in Phil telling them that they'd be so far behind everyone for a reason -- that they are insurmountably far behind and have no chance to catch up.
Jamison