Author Topic: The Amazing Race 14 Speculation on Spoilers  (Read 680575 times)

Offline makz3d

• RFF Full Member
Re: The Amazing Race 14 Speculation on Spoilers
« Reply #1325 on: April 02, 2009, 10:21:43 AM »
As you all know, RFF first brought you the info about C/J on the flight from Beijing on towards Hawaii.

<SNIP>
Aside from the camera crew cutting in various lines and being a touch rude, I don't honestly remember much else aside from the fact that the cheerleaders were glad another team was fighting and said as much to the Mom/son team. I will say I was surprised at how open the crew was about needing to get certain shots like "the waiting for the plane door to close shot."

Those two teams split in a different direction once we left the plane in Tokyo as we went for our (personal info removed) flight and they went to Hawaii (overheard them saying) and they went onward.

We then came across Phil at the JAL transfer desk in Tokyo. He was actually traveling with Tammy/Victor and BVM. insert: They were ahead of us in line.

<SNIP>

The crew and such traveling with Phil/BVM/Tammy/Victor were considerably nicer than the ones on her flight and were discussing how they had been celebrating someone's birthday a few days prior and someone had accidentally ruined the surprise cake by letting the secret slip. 

Once past the transfer desk we had to go downstairs to the Bus station to transfer to another Terminal where we again came across Phil and Tammy/Victor. We rode the bus with them to the other terminal and then lost them in the chaos that is Narita airport. <SNIP>

The blogger said that the 2 teams split in a different direction than the blogger was going.  Then the blogger come across T/V and Phil & BVM and crew.  It seems to me that either M/L & J/C were going to Hawaii on a different flight.  Or maybe they to the plane and didn't need to stop at the transfer.  I've only flown once and that was overseas 30 years ago.  So I don't know about needing transfers and such.

The other thing is it appears T/V were in one the discussion about the birthday party.  It almost sounds like something with production and that's where T/V had been.  I have a feeling T/V are decoys except that the 5th place team didn't seem to be with production.  Although is Phil and BVM considered production?  Maybe the 5th place team was already in Hawaii along with the Eliminated teams and that's where Kisha started the laughing at Preston because of the bungee cord.

DavidJunior

« Reply #1326 on: April 02, 2009, 10:34:33 AM »
did we see J/C or M/L get on the same flight to Hawaii as T/V?

i don't remember reading that, but i could be mistaken

if they are susposed to be on the same flight, and since we don't have any spoilers of C/J or M/L getting on the T/V flight, I think that T/V being decoys is still a major possibility

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #1327 on: April 02, 2009, 07:11:45 PM »

The crew and such traveling with Phil/BVM/Tammy/Victor were considerably nicer than the ones on her flight and were discussing how they had been celebrating someone's birthday a few days prior and someone had accidentally ruined the surprise cake by letting the secret slip. 

The other thing is it appears T/V were in one the discussion about the birthday party.  It almost sounds like something with production and that's where T/V had been.  I have a feeling T/V are decoys except that the 5th place team didn't seem to be with production.  Although is Phil and BVM considered production?  Maybe the 5th place team was already in Hawaii along with the Eliminated teams and that's where Kisha started the laughing at Preston because of the bungee cord.

The birthday party are being discussed by the production that WRP has. Not along with Phil or BVM. It was posted several paragraphs there that Phil DID NOT INTERACT WITH ANYONE ELSE EXCEPT BVM... The phrase "traveling with Phil/BVM/Tammy/Victor" is used as a function of noun (Indirect Object?), but the main subject in the paragraph above are the CREW AND SUCH (PRODUCTION).
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #1328 on: April 02, 2009, 07:14:45 PM »
did we see J/C or M/L get on the same flight to Hawaii as T/V?

i don't remember reading that, but i could be mistaken

if they are susposed to be on the same flight, and since we don't have any spoilers of C/J or M/L getting on the T/V flight, I think that T/V being decoys is still a major possibility

We actually don't see them all together in a flight - based on the spoiler, but who knows? This is a rare occurrence that we actually get to see Phil and every team on the same airport and on the same time.Phil's usually ahead by 12 hours to a day, in this case, they'll be racing as the teams themselves race unless production halts teams for racing at the Honolulu-Maui airport.

T/V may or may not be decoys, but I'm lining with that they're not decoys...
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline littlewop

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1329 on: April 03, 2009, 08:44:01 AM »
Are we absolutely positive that the person who gave RFF the spoiler is 100% reliable?  Remember that we had spoilers about the deaf "girl" in the race, I believe it was Jen, that they had pictures to support and everything.  If they are indeed decoys, why have them travel with production?  Kind of gives it away.

:duno:

When I questioned the spoiler, it was not meant as "this person lied, or fabricated something"  but rather could it have been a case of mistaken identity?  I'd have felt better if there were pictures included.  Plus decoys or not, I still can't see Phil & co. traveling with the racers.  Not much of a decoy if you are with production.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1330 on: April 03, 2009, 09:12:37 AM »
I don't think we were saying you implied that, LW, it just got us to thinking again. With no episode this week, we have a lot of time to speculate.
Just here to visit.

Offline littlewop

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1331 on: April 03, 2009, 09:35:33 AM »
I don't think we were saying you implied that, LW, it just got us to thinking again. With no episode this week, we have a lot of time to speculate.

Tell me about the speculation...I'm going crazy.  I am in a fantasy game, and my pick for winner is Tammy & Victor...so I just keep hoping the spoilers are wrong for that reason...LOL
                                        :groan:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1332 on: April 03, 2009, 01:00:31 PM »
Just read what we've written since your last post.
Just here to visit.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1333 on: April 03, 2009, 02:06:31 PM »
What if the converse is true (probably not, but humor me)? Couldn't T/V be in the F3, but M/L and C/J be decoys? Mark/Mel went to sequester so it's a good chance that 5th and 4th are decoys. And from what I've heard in prior seasons, decoys fly together/travel together (TARAS had the Chas, U/J and Guido on one flight, TAR12 had the Goths and Az/Hendi together in Japan).

Though I think it's more likely that the three we saw are our final three (and that there's probably bunching involved at some point).

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1334 on: April 03, 2009, 02:49:28 PM »
That bunching is not going to occur in Honolulu as flights to Kahului, Maui are about 3 every hour. It has to happen if at all (and it always does for an Amazing Race finale unless a team is way behind) in Tokyo-Narita airport since doing it in Beijing does not accomplish much unless it is again done in Narita.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1335 on: April 03, 2009, 11:27:54 PM »
That bunching is not going to occur in Honolulu as flights to Kahului, Maui are about 3 every hour. It has to happen if at all (and it always does for an Amazing Race finale unless a team is way behind) in Tokyo-Narita airport since doing it in Beijing does not accomplish much unless it is again done in Narita.

There could always be bunching within Honolulu (a RI with hours of operation) to make sure all the teams are on even footing (especially considering that there isn't an intermediate destination and that East Asia - Hawaii is well connected compared to other finale legs (Moscow - Portland for example). Given that the teams are slated to arrive in Honolulu in the morning, I don't think this is entirely out of the question (plus it allows for the teams to be together heading to Maui).

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1336 on: April 04, 2009, 07:00:20 AM »
zackattack308,

With the continuous schedule of flights to Kahului (actually only sometimes 3 per hour; it averages 2), teams can leave from 520am until 940pm from HNL to Kauhului. Why would they go anywhere outside the airport where they could have been spotted?

There is a possibility I have discovered. It is flights to Maui-Kapala airport, a much less busy one. There are only four 30 minute flights on Saturdays(like Nov.22):

If they went there then all teams could be bunched on HA3852 the 0950 flight arriving 1022. Since that allows for a more orderly transfer of cameras, sound equipment, etc., it does had some sense vs. the pell-mell rush to the next Kahului flight.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1337 on: April 04, 2009, 04:05:04 PM »
Cara and Jamie were with camera's! On camera. I dont think they were decoys!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1338 on: April 04, 2009, 05:06:04 PM »

Decoys are filmed too, kiwi., so you can't use that to judge.

zackattack308,

With the continuous schedule of flights to Kahului (actually only sometimes 3 per hour; it averages 2), teams can leave from 520am until 940pm from HNL to Kauhului. Why would they go anywhere outside the airport where they could have been spotted?

There is a possibility I have discovered. It is flights to Maui-Kapala airport, a much less busy one. There are only four 30 minute flights on Saturdays(like Nov.22):

If they went there then all teams could be bunched on HA3852 the 0950 flight arriving 1022. Since that allows for a more orderly transfer of cameras, sound equipment, etc., it does had some sense vs. the pell-mell rush to the next Kahului flight.

Which airport is closer to the known Pitstop??  I know there will be things in between, but maybe that will help??

I keep thinking of AllStars when they used the helicopters (charter) not scheduled flights...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #1339 on: April 04, 2009, 05:48:34 PM »
What if the converse is true (probably not, but humor me)? Couldn't T/V be in the F3, but M/L and C/J be decoys? Mark/Mel went to sequester so it's a good chance that 5th and 4th are decoys. And from what I've heard in prior seasons, decoys fly together/travel together (TARAS had the Chas, U/J and Guido on one flight, TAR12 had the Goths and Az/Hendi together in Japan).

Though I think it's more likely that the three we saw are our final three (and that there's probably bunching involved at some point).

I think that Cara & Jamie and Margie & Luke are two of the final 3 at least.  Why would their alliance be featured so much if something didn't come out of it?  Tammy & Victor may be a decoy but may not be.

BTW, it was Mel & Mike, not Mark, that went to sequester.

Belle Book

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1340 on: April 04, 2009, 10:03:46 PM »

Decoys are filmed too, kiwi., so you can't use that to judge.

zackattack308,

There is a possibility I have discovered. It is flights to Maui-Kapalua airport, a much less busy one. There are only four 30 minute flights on Saturdays(like Nov.22):

Which airport is closer to the known Pitstop??  I know there will be things in between, but maybe that will help??

I keep thinking of AllStars when they used the helicopters (charter) not scheduled flights...

There is no contest here, although I don't know how relevant this is due to the way that finale tend to have many interesting tasks.  The distance from Kahului aiport to Wailuku, which is very close to the Kapili golf course, is 6 miles. The distance from Kapalua (note the correction of my earlier spelling error)airport to Wailuku is 33 miles.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #1341 on: April 04, 2009, 10:40:40 PM »
I am hoping, like you apskip, that they have to ride the bicycles down the volcano.....before going to Pit Stop.
Matthew 7:15

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1342 on: April 05, 2009, 07:14:06 AM »
Dr. Rox,
When I was there at Haleakala  National Park, going down into the volcano was only by foot. The 37 mile bicycle ride is along the outside edge of the volcano.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #1343 on: April 05, 2009, 10:09:35 AM »
Dr. Rox,
When I was there at Haleakala  National Park, going down into the volcano was only by foot. The 37 mile bicycle ride is along the outside edge of the volcano.

I don't think I said or even implied that the bicycle ride was "inside" the volcano. The bicycle ride is down the "outside" of the volcano, as you well know.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1344 on: April 05, 2009, 11:01:13 AM »
Although inside the volcano during an eruption might be cool. :lol:
Just here to visit.

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #1345 on: April 05, 2009, 06:25:50 PM »

Then they wouldn't air this season!
 :funny:

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #1346 on: April 07, 2009, 08:44:45 PM »

Then they wouldn't air this season!
 :funny:

:nono2: , CBS!
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #1347 on: April 08, 2009, 09:27:41 AM »
The National Park Service has had a moratorium on letting commerical bicycle companies use the Haleakala summit at the 10,000 foot level for a year and a half. All the commerical companies have to start at the 6,500 foot level outside the park. Private bicycling from the summit is still allowed. There were just too many deaths in too short a period time. At the time they filmed TAR14, this moratorium was in place. How that would affect TAR, I dont know. IF TAR used one of these companies, it would still leave about a 20 mile bicycle ride, which I would think would be plenty for a TAR task.

Offline amazing_hey

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1348 on: April 09, 2009, 09:48:43 AM »
I am guessing J/C will U-TURN T/V if they get ahead of them in china~
If that really happen, J/C/M/L can be named U-turn alliance~

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #1349 on: April 09, 2009, 11:23:42 AM »
I am guessing J/C will U-TURN T/V if they get ahead of them in china~
If that really happen, J/C/M/L can be named U-turn alliance~
I won't be surprised at all if that happens.  Remember Margie and Jaime's confessionals saying they don't think they can trust Victor?  I do have a feeling that's gonna be addressed again, possibly on the first Beijing leg, and that it'll be one of the main reasons Jaime & Cara U-Turn Tammy & Victor (since Margie & Luke can't, having used theirs already on Amanda & Kris).  That, and them being a generally strong team, of course.
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!