Author Topic: Hell's Kitchen Season 5  (Read 289489 times)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Hell's Kitchen Season 5
« Reply #475 on: April 03, 2009, 10:56:24 AM »
I am more interested in a few other aspects of next week's preview. I see a hint that they could be a double elimination next week. Why would Ramsay want that? So he can create a space for Chef Ji, who should be mostly healed and able to function in the kitchen. You heard this prediction first here.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 02:55:20 PM by apskip »

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #476 on: April 03, 2009, 12:12:49 PM »
I am more interested in a few other aspects of next week's preview. I see a hint that they could be a double elimination next week. Why would Ramsay want that? So he can create a space for Chef Ji, who should be mostly healed and able to function in the kitchen. You heard this prediction first here.

I LOVE this prediction!!! I would LOVE to see her come back!!!

:hearts: :jumpy: :wohoo: :jumpy: :hearts:

The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #477 on: April 03, 2009, 12:19:19 PM »

What do we make of the tease for next week? Shutting down Hell's Kitchen? Why? ???
I'm thinking he shuts down the kitchen and has them cook at a restaurant somewhere else?

Sorry puddin, I missed this.. HMMMMMM...

We were away and had to watch the preview on a dinky TV, I need to watch it again and see just what he says. He did say that the winner of the challenge would win a trip didn't he? (Like the trip to Vegas that one person wins.)

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #478 on: April 03, 2009, 01:04:35 PM »
I am more interested in a few other aspects of next week's preview. I see a hint that they could be a double elimination next week. Why would Ramsay want that? So he can create a space for Chef Ji, who should be mostly headled and able to function in the kitchen. You heard this prediction first here.
I have been thinking that Chef Ji is going to come back since she left. I certainly hope so because this crop has been quite mediocre. No one really stands out.
Just here to visit.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #479 on: April 03, 2009, 01:41:54 PM »
I agree Ken, no one seemed to measure up like Ji did.  I thought Giovanni would do better and Ben has gone way down in my opinion. I really like Robert but I'm not sure he can take over a large kitchen. I want to see Danny stand up to Ramsay's pressure/abuse and take over as a leader. I always think back to Heather. No matter where she was or what she had to deal with, she did it. She stood out. I don't see it with the group remaining.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #480 on: April 03, 2009, 01:51:54 PM »
I can see Chef Ramsey calling Ji every day, "Can you come back? No can cook a bloody berrrr-gerrrr here. No can do anything. I'll even carry you if I have to."
Just here to visit.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #481 on: April 03, 2009, 01:53:53 PM »
I can see Chef Ramsey calling Ji every day, "Can you come back? No can cook a bloody berrrr-gerrrr here. No can do anything. I'll even carry you if I have to."

I can believe it!   :lol:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #482 on: April 03, 2009, 02:00:36 PM »
Since someone else did the preview I won't bother so thanks to codvx

<< HQ option

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #483 on: April 03, 2009, 02:09:49 PM »
Did you notice that the teams merged? Gio was wearing the black stripes.
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #484 on: April 03, 2009, 02:14:11 PM »
Did you notice that the teams merged? Gio was wearing the black stripes.
buffomatic like survivor  :lol: ..good catch Ken!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #485 on: April 03, 2009, 02:20:20 PM »
^^ I couldn't recognize the 2 in the background behind Gio then realized it was a mirror  :lol:

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #486 on: April 03, 2009, 03:01:07 PM »
puddin the statement "I'm shutting down Hell's Kitchen" is standard on every show. It does not mean that it is moving to another locale.

Also, when I watched this the third time just now it does sound like a double elimination. The big surprise is almost certainly the return of chef Ji and in order to make that popssible 2 chefs have to go. Will they be from the same team? I don't know but I predict it will one from each unless on team hasa  disaster. The one from each would be Andrea and probably Robert.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 11:21:07 AM by apskip »

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #487 on: April 03, 2009, 03:03:55 PM »
I have been thinking about this and that has led to some predictions about how well individual chefs will do. The next 3 out will probably be Robert, Andrea and Ben, not necessarily in that order, in the next 2 episodes. Giovanni will go the following episode and that will leave Chef Ji, Danny and Paula. it's no contest! Ji by a lansdlide.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #488 on: April 03, 2009, 03:39:41 PM »

:tup: Good job everyone most die hard fans already knew it's kinda old news

anyways apskip could the injured one be possibly one of the 2 eleminations you were thinking because your thoughts seem interesting I believe your on to something

HELL'S KITCHEN SEASON 5

Episode: 10

Air Date: April 9, 2009

IT'S EVERY CHEF FOR THEMSELVES ON "HELL'S KITCHEN" THURSDAY, APRIL 9, ON FOX

Tensions run high as the remaining chefs join forces to form one team. During the individual challenge, each chef must use fourteen simple ingredients to create a phenomenal dish to impress Chef Ramsay. The winner receives the "best reward" seen in HELL'S KITCHEN thus far, while the losers endure a painful physical punishment. In order to personally outshine the other competitors, chefs must work well as teammates during the heated dinner service that sends one chef to the medic. Tune-in to see who Chef Ramsay sends packing on HELL'S KITCHEN airing Thursday, April 9 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #489 on: April 03, 2009, 05:24:45 PM »
Good catch on the jacket change.  :tup:

It does sound like a double eviction and he's never brought someone back. That would be new and he does say he's never ever done whatever it is before.

I can also see Andrea's statement, 'Are you kidding me?' pertaining to bringing Ji back.

I can't wait till next week!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 03:46:22 PM by TexasLady »

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #490 on: April 03, 2009, 07:56:56 PM »
The one from each would be Carol and probably Robert.
Carol is already gone, ap.
Just here to visit.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #491 on: April 03, 2009, 08:04:18 PM »
^^ I couldn't recognize the 2 in the background behind Gio then realized it was a mirror  :lol:

Man in the Mirror - Michael Jackson in 1988 before he became Wacko Jacko :lol:
Just here to visit.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #492 on: April 03, 2009, 09:41:15 PM »
An interview with Carol:  :hearts:

Exclusive Interview: Carol Scott of 'Hell's Kitchen'

Last night, after the remaining seven competitors' ninth dinner service in Hell's Kitchen, Chef Gordon Ramsay declared the Red team the winners in an overall disastrous evening. After a particularly traumatic service thanks to a batch of dauphinoise potatoes that just wouldn't cook, chef Carol Scott thanked her lucky stars that her team won the day, and that she'd survived another night in Hell's Kitchen.

Unfortunately for Carol, winning isn't everything in Hell's Kitchen. After asking Blue team champ Danny to pick a nominee for elimination, and interrogating Robert and Ben about their own weaknesses, Ramsay ultimately decided that Carol's potato blunder would be her last, and he sent her packing.

We had a chance to talk to Carol today about her feud with team member Andrea, her highs and lows with Chef Ramsay, plus what she would do differently if given another shot in Hell's Kitchen.

What’s your background in cooking, and how did you decide to go on Hell’s Kitchen?

I began culinary school at Le Cordon Bleu in Las Vegas, and my first paying job was working for Bobby Flay at Mesa Grill in Caesar’s Palace. I came to Knoxville for a good opportunity to raise my kids, and I was the executive chef at a steakhouse right around the time that Season 3 of Hell’s Kitchen was wrapping up. The restaurant I was working at closed down, and it was time for something new and exciting, and I wanted the opportunity to work with Gordon Ramsay, and this was the opportunity that I took.

How was it watching the show with your kids?

We had viewing parties every week with tons and tons of people. It was great. And my kids enjoyed watching the show. They loved it. They had watched another season of Hell’s Kitchen with me, so they knew what to expect.

Was it hard for them to see you getting yelled at?

No, they probably laughed at it a few times. I laughed at it a few times.

In your overall experience, what do you think was the most difficult thing about being there?

The most difficult thing about being there was being away from my husband and my daughters, by far.

So let’s go back to the episode last night. Can you tell me a little bit more about the problems that you had with Andrea?

Andrea and I, we just had our issues, which is very weird because I think we have very similar personality traits, and I think that kind of shows on TV. That’s why we didn’t work so well together. But in the end, we mended things, and we’re great friends now. It was definitely amplified on TV because you’re only seeing the most dramatic moments of the whole time. There were several times throughout the whole season where we were just laughing, cutting up, and having a good time together.

Do you keep in contact with a lot of the chefs that you met there?

I do! I talk to everybody… except Lacey.

So what exactly went wrong last night with the potatoes?

You know, I’m still not sure. I boiled those suckers in heavy cream for an hour. They should have disintegrated. So I still can’t put my finger on that one. I’ve made them dozens and dozens of times since my departure, just to make sure, you know, “What the heck did I do?” It’s a staple now. I make sure I make dauphinoise potatoes pretty much everywhere I go.

Did you have a favorite challenge that you did while you were there?

The scallop challenge was great, because I’d never shucked a scallop before, and I thought I did a pretty good job on that one. That was coo. Just getting to use fresh endive sea scallops was fantastic. And the taste test challenge, I was looking forward to that. It was a lot of fun.

So who are you rooting for, now that you’re not on the show anymore?

You know what, I think they’re all great. Paula was, by far, the strongest one of all of us from day one. She never, ever screwed up. That’s why you’re not seeing her on TV, because she’s not screwing up. Giovanni is great. We’re both Italian, so we bonded together that way. He kind of became like my big brother by the end. Ben was fantastic. We got along so well. And Robert is probably the funniest guy you will ever meet in your entire life.

That comes across!

He is so funny.

So you don’t have a horse, so to speak, to take it all the way?

That would definitely be Paula. She’s the strongest out of all of them.

Now that you’ve had some time to reflect, do you think there’s anything you would do differently, if you were to do it again?

I would shut my mouth more, work more, and keep my head down.

It looks like a really stressful environment, so…

It is. And I’ve never been one to stick my tail between my legs and keep quiet. I’ve always been pretty verbal. But—another one of those life lessons. I think twice before I say something now.

So what’s in the future for you now?

I just started my new job as executive chef at Bravo Italian Cucina, and it’s a great company, and I plan to work for them for a very long time. And I’m doing some really cool events. I’m doing a charity event for a children’s hospital here in Knoxville. They’re doing their own version of Dancing with the Stars, and somewhere somebody decided that I was a celebrity, so they asked me to participate. It’s really cool. I get some dance lessons. It’s going to be great, I’m really excited about that.

Any last words for your fans out there?

If anybody ever goes on a reality show, don’t read the blogs! I’m not really a bitch, I just play one on TV!

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/hells-kitchen/exclusive-interview-carol-scot-27546.aspx

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #493 on: April 03, 2009, 09:44:57 PM »
Video: this is cool where do I file under HK or TC  :lol:

NPR's Garlic Contest: Carla Hall, Rock Harper, & Bonny Wolf

Weekend Edition asked listeners for their favorite garlic recipes.
Garlic farmer Chester Aaron picked the top three.
And our esteemed judges (NPR food essayist Bonny Wolf, Top Chef's Carla Hall, and Hell's Kitchen's Rock Harper) pick the winning dish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-6NhLv5etw

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #494 on: April 03, 2009, 10:34:31 PM »

HELL'S KITCHEN SEASON 5

Episode: 12

Air Date April 23, 2009

“HELL’S KITCHEN” SHINES ON THURSDAY, APRIL 23, ON FOX

After Chef Ramsay prepares three delicious dishes for the remaining chefs to enjoy, he announces the “taste it, now make it” challenge. In this challenge, the chefs must recreate the dishes they just ate. The winner receives an afternoon with Gordon while the losers are forced to clean up HELL’S KITCHEN by hand. A surprise proposal is planned during the dessert course of the dinner service, so the pressure is on to ensure Chef Ramsay doesn’t shut the kitchen down before he pops the question! HELL’S KITCHEN airs Thursday, April 23 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #495 on: April 03, 2009, 10:39:07 PM »
.... more on next week

NEXT WEEK IN HELL'S KITCHEN

April 9, 2009

Chef Ramsay asks the six remaining chefs to name the weakest chef on their team. Two chefs step forward and are asked to take off their jackets. Arguments break out as both chefs fight to stay in Hell's Kitchen. Back in the dining area, Chef Ramsay announces a special change to their challenge, where the winner will receive a once in a lifetime opportunity.

http://site.citytv.com/hellskitchen/recaps.aspx

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #496 on: April 04, 2009, 01:52:23 PM »

Ramsay on the cover of Olive Magazine May 2009 issue

A very special issue - guest-edited by GORDON RAMSAY.

The magazine is packed with over 100 easy recipes, Ramsay's restaurant recommendations and exciting foodie city guides.

Click here to read the accompanying article http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/content/magazine/olive/

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #497 on: April 04, 2009, 02:01:44 PM »
 :hearts: An interview with Carol:

Interview with Carol of Hell’s Kitchen Season 5

Q. Mark, RealityWanted.com: I am going to start out with the same boring question but did you watch past seasons?
A: Carol, Hells Kitchen 5: I did watch season 3 with my daughter, we were very entertained, and used to yell at the screen wondering why contestants were crying or breaking down. I assumed the contestants were all jackasses.

Q. Mark, RealityWanted.com: How or why did you end up on Hells Kitchen?
A: Carol, Hells Kitchen 5: When the restaurant I worked for closed down, I wanted to work at one of Ramsay’s kitchens. I ended up online, found myself on the application page and applied never expecting to hear back.

Q. Mark, RealityWanted.com: So I am going to assume not all the contestants are jackasses.
A: Carol, Hells Kitchen 5:  Not at all, they set you up for TV. The kitchen isn’t set up like any other, you’re not trained on the station, and the way tickets are called out isn’t the way they normally would be.

Q. Mark, RealityWanted.com: I may have spaced out, but how did the whole Andrea vs. Carol thing happen?
A: Carol, Hells Kitchen 5: We did work well with one another but personalities clashed since we are both so similar. They showed you all of the bad, but we did spend time laughing and having a good time.

Q. Mark, RealityWanted.com: Did you and Andrea ever put the hatchet down before you left?
A: Carol, Hells Kitchen 5: We are good friends now. In fact we sat down and told one another all the bad things we said about each other before it aired.

Q. Mark, RealityWanted.com: What did you enjoy the most by being there?
A: Carol, Hells Kitchen 5: The bond I made with the others.

Q. Mark, RealityWanted.com: Did you get to make friends with Chef Ramsay?
A: Carol, Hells Kitchen 5: Gordon was there for services and challenges and for the most part appeared strictly for work.

Q. Mark, RealityWanted.com: It did seem like he hung out with the guys a lot.
A: Carol, Hells Kitchen 5: When it comes to work, I think Gordon is more a fan of men than women. I don’t mean this in a nasty way but I think he feels the position is better suited for men, even though he does have some amazing women working for him.

Q. Mark, RealityWanted.com: What’s it like to watch at home?
A: Carol, Hells Kitchen 5: It is harder to watch it than go through it since you don’t know what will air. I had a huge response from the town here, they supported me and threw some great viewing parties. I wasn’t surprised by anything.

Q. Mark, RealityWanted.com: It doesn’t sound like you would do this again.
A: Carol, Hells Kitchen 5: I would not do it again, but I am glad I did it.

Q. Mark, RealityWanted.com: Why?
A: Carol, Hells Kitchen 5: I realized my family is the most important thing and not being a famous chef. I gave up several years on my choice of career.

Q. Mark, RealityWanted.com: Do you have an advice for anyone trying out for the next season of Hells Kitchen?
A: Carol, Hells Kitchen 5: They should be ready for the deepest darkest horrible moments to be aired on television. You don’t see 100% of what’s going on, you see the worst moments. You should also stay away from the blogs and chat rooms. People say some awful things that they know nothing about.

http://www.realitywanted.com/newsitem/1827-interview-with-carol-of-hells-kitchen-season-5

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #498 on: April 04, 2009, 03:18:32 PM »

If anybody ever goes on a reality show, don’t read the blogs! I’m not really a bitch, I just play one on TV!

:hearts:  lol the substance that engulfs their minds at the immediate  :funny:

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #499 on: April 04, 2009, 07:07:51 PM »
An interesting article on Danny:

Crab win keeps chef in 'Hell's Kitchen'

Another episode means another week of survival for local contestant Danny Veltri on the Fox reality cooking competition "Hell's Kitchen."

As Veltri pointed out early, "You got it or you don't," and he definitely had it in the early going, notching a win for the Blue Team in the king crab challenge. It was the perfect test for the executive chef of Flip Flops Grill and Chill in New Smyrna Beach.

And even in a losing dinner challenge effort, Veltri got some love from celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay, as he declared Danny the best of the Blue Team. Given the task of deciding which teammate to eliminate, Veltri chose teammate Ben, but Ramsay threw a curve when he sent Red Team member Carol home.

http://www.news-journalonline.com/NewsJournalOnline/Entertainment/Television/entEAST01TV040309.htm