Author Topic: The Amazing Race 13 *Spoilers Only!* (spoiler summary page 1)  (Read 666241 times)

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
Re: The Amazing Race 13 *Spoilers Only!* (spoiler summary page 1)
« Reply #425 on: May 23, 2008, 05:11:09 PM »

"Sneaker Leg" and "Woman with bag and hat" are the only two who we think could be contestants in this pic? Otherwise could this be pre production set up/dummy run thru for a 9am Hours of Op? Sorry it's just spec I know, but if it is really contestants in action, then it definately supports the idea of the 2:30 team being on a much later flight from NZ, and quite possibly being eliminated at the end of this leg, cos a 6 hour deficit is pretty hard to win back in a set of tasks all based in the same location unless you get a really lucky break, or another Hours of Op

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #426 on: May 23, 2008, 05:22:27 PM »
A dummy run thru, never thought about that MrsShrek it very well maybe? Slowhatch seems to think the man on the truck with the cap/camera is someone from production from past pictures that we've seen. 
I guess now we wait for either more team photos or the cast release in 3 or 4 months to be sure *sigh*!!

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #427 on: May 23, 2008, 06:42:14 PM »
Totally unrelated here but I just have to shout out   :weights

Go Brooke !   #8 Top selling Pop album at iTunes !

:carryon:

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

nikita

« Reply #428 on: May 24, 2008, 07:49:20 AM »
A dummy run thru, never thought about that MrsShrek it very well maybe? Slowhatch seems to think the man on the truck with the cap/camera is someone from production from past pictures that we've seen. 
I guess now we wait for either more team photos or the cast release in 3 or 4 months to be sure *sigh*!!

Yup. I guess we have to wait.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #429 on: May 26, 2008, 07:45:07 AM »
Euh. What's this? :wtf:

Search "backpacker" on Google Images. Top row first page.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 07:51:48 AM by Neobie »

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #430 on: May 26, 2008, 09:11:25 AM »
Nice catch. The exif data matches the blog post, only for 2005.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #431 on: May 26, 2008, 06:30:04 PM »
Thank you guys! Since there is NO Mt Kallua in New Zealand, we were pretty sure that this was a fake spoiler anyway, but how nice to get 100% confirmation!

Great pickup!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #432 on: May 26, 2008, 10:41:03 PM »
Good job Neobie !!  :jam:

hey whats this? I can only get it cached

СБ «АСПЕКТ» застраховал гражданскую ответственность американских телекоммуникационных компаний CBS Corporation и WRP Group. SB "ASPECT" insured for civil liability of American telecommunications companies CBS Corporation and WRP Group.

or:
12.05.2008 Sb “ASPECT” insured the civil liability of the American telecommunication companies CBS Of corporation and WRP Of group. The responsibility of companies is insured to the period of conducting the surveys of tv program in the territory of Russia. Limit of the responsibility of insurer - 1[mln] of US dollars.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 04:45:40 PM by puddin »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #433 on: May 26, 2008, 10:46:19 PM »
And I can't exactly say how I know :angel:, but I just got confirmation that the race was definitely in Delhi as we suspected, and also was in Moscow!!  :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #434 on: May 26, 2008, 10:49:56 PM »
And I can't exactly say how I know :angel:, but I just got confirmation that the race was definitely in Delhi as we suspected, and also was in Moscow!!  :hearts:
  :yess: peachs!!  :wohoo:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #435 on: May 27, 2008, 12:22:52 AM »
Nice find, Puddin!  :yess:
(technical note: the new Google translate beta is out. They've jumped in the language-guessing game (choose "detect language" from the drop-down box) and added some new languages as well, including Croatian, Hindi and Finnish. I tried some stuff from TAR10; not as good as Signal's help of course but better than what I had been using.)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #436 on: May 27, 2008, 01:34:42 AM »
Bookmarked thanks Slowhatch!
What are the odds peach & I find Russia info at the same time? :hfive:

more Siem Reap
We didn't manage to take a picture of it but i think we ran into a couple doing the Amazing Race here. We'll have to check out the next season but the couple was being followed by a camera man and they had to find a specific face in the ruins. I did my best to make a cameo between this and Bollywood I am really getting my face out there.

eta: looks like a route marker? right corner

« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 04:46:48 PM by puddin »

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #437 on: May 27, 2008, 01:55:07 AM »
Well for wat it's worth the temple's called Ta Prohm, a 5-10min tuk-tuk ride away from Angkor Wat.

Can't find another photo of that angle that wide, but I have a feeling it's just a sign there...
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 02:01:05 AM by Neobie »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #438 on: May 27, 2008, 02:00:55 AM »
Well for wat it's worth the temple's called Ta Prohm, a 5-10min tuk-tuk ride away from Angkor Wat...
Maybe this is what they had to do on May 5th? (brb)

eta:

just butting in here another fwiw

Blog

Tuesday, May 6, 2008
Just to catch up....
So I just got back into Thailand from Cambodia.... which is why i haven't posted in a while. Ends up that Cambodia is not a telecommunications mecca. Anyways, everything has kinda been a whirlwind. Covered 3 countries in 2 weeks and it kinda feels like we are on "The Amazing Race".... and i mean literally. Yesterday we were in Angkor Wat (more of that story later... it is AMAZING... you should look up pictures... seriously a Wonder of the Ancient world--- i thought better than the stuff i saw in Rome) The Amazing Race was filming at Angkor the same day we were there. AND THEN... we end up at the airport to fly to Bangkok from Cambodia... and who was on our airplane.... thats right.... 3 teams competing on the next season of the Amazing Race. We are sitting there and then all the sudden all these camera and sound guys are filming everything. And the producer guy was sitting in the seat right behind me and vida. CRAZY!! So now we consider ourselves official unofficial cast members. And before all this started I was telling vida that i thought it felt like we were on the amazing race.

Okay, so what they saw on May 5th at Angkor Wat was Teams starting their next leg.  Maybe one clue to find but then it's off to the airport.  Remember, there are teams on Bangkok Airways 924 leaving Siem Reap at 9:50 am and arriving in Bangkok at 10:45 am based on the other flight spotting on the way to Delhi.  Here are all the flights to Bangkok:
#            leaves       arrives
PG 924  9:50 am    10:45 am
PG 906 12:50 pm   2:00 pm
PG 914 2:30 pm     3:40 pm
PG 908 7:35 pm     8:45 pm
PG 910 8:15 pm     9:25 pm

Did we determine that all the teams are on the same flight from Bangkok to Delhi?  At least some were spotted on Air India flight 854 that leaves Bangkok at 1:30 pm.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #439 on: May 27, 2008, 02:07:05 AM »
this too from the recent blog posted above:

This ruin known as Bayon is probably one of the most famous within Angkor. Apparently the faces are of the King Jayavarman VII represented as Bodhisattva (translated as Wisdom-Being).

note: this is the bloggers picture not a contestant

« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 04:49:03 PM by puddin »

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #440 on: May 27, 2008, 08:58:39 AM »
Good job Neobie !!  :jam:

hey whats this? I can only get it cached

СБ «АСПЕКТ» застраховал гражданскую ответственность американских телекоммуникационных компаний CBS Corporation и WRP Group. SB "ASPECT" insured for civil liability of American telecommunications companies CBS Corporation and WRP Group.

or:
12.05.2008 Sb “ASPECT” insured the civil liability of the American telecommunication companies CBS Of corporation and WRP Of group. The responsibility of companies is insured to the period of conducting the surveys of tv program in the territory of Russia. Limit of the responsibility of insurer - 1[mln] of US dollars.

hmmmmmm revisiting russia, i wonder if they revisited egypt to???

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #441 on: May 27, 2008, 09:06:39 AM »

This could also be the thing they do upon arrival.  "find so-in-so face" for the first clue.  It would be good to get a date from the blogger.  May 4th or May 5th?

Oh Peach!!! 
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #442 on: May 27, 2008, 09:23:42 AM »

This could also be the thing they do upon arrival.  "find so-in-so face" for the first clue.  It would be good to get a date from the blogger.  May 4th or May 5th?

Oh Peach!!! 

Heee...I wrote already but no reply so far...I think their Internet time is expensive right now.

And I just relooked at Jason's Blog and I think the Bangkok post was made on 5/6/08 but at 12:05 AM so he prob saw them on 5/5 too? Have asked to be sure though.....

Ta-Phrom Layout (come visit the MAPS!  :lol:)

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #443 on: May 29, 2008, 08:18:33 PM »
Remember our cute blogger who spent the day following a team at Ankgor Wat??

I was able to reach her and she has sent PRESENTS! :hearts:

We were at Angkor Wat on the 4th May when they were filming the Amazing Race. We only saw one team at Angkor for the whole time we were there which was a couple of hours. This team was both male, one with orange hair and the other with brown hair and they were at the clue box at 11.30am. We also happened to see all the teams walking around Siem Reap town that evening and I recall seeing 6 teams. I would love to visit your website and I have plenty of photos I will send to your email address

And she sent these for now and hopefully will come answer questions herself soon!  :jumpy:

Taken at 11:36AM

Taken At 11:39 AM

Taken at 12:03PM

edited to add camera time information
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 09:29:12 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #444 on: May 29, 2008, 08:50:43 PM »
Thank you peach and thank you cute blogger  for sharing :jumpy:  :hearts:

Note the Jew-fro doing the roadblock is carrying a picture frame, maybe? therefore "find a specific face in the ruins"?

where is everyone? maybe everyone is watching Lost?  :wohoo:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #445 on: May 29, 2008, 08:53:47 PM »
They wouldn't be using a GPS would they?? ???
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #446 on: May 29, 2008, 09:05:01 PM »
Looks a little large for a gps, though.  At least compared to the ones used in All STARS.  I would guess that either its a map, or a picture they need to match to an item.

Offline moox03

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #447 on: May 29, 2008, 10:05:28 PM »
The Jewfro guy is DEFINITELY wearing an AEPi shirt in that picture.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #448 on: May 29, 2008, 10:15:30 PM »
Sure would be nice if a fellow member could find a picture from Arizona '06...   :angel: 
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #449 on: May 29, 2008, 10:24:38 PM »
Sure would be nice if a fellow member could find a picture from Arizona '06...   :angel: 

get your school right, its arizona state. im working on it. i cant help it if some1 goes trekking around israel in a location where theres no internet