Author Topic: Upset at CBS  (Read 5349 times)

Offline Buldog

• RFF Not So Newbie
Upset at CBS
« on: September 11, 2007, 01:49:09 PM »
Is anyone else out there upset with CBS?  They have allowed Dick to verbally and physically abuse and threaten people and to openly admit to planning to cheat by getting a coded message then to actually receive the letter and then to blatantly admit to it and for his son to also admit to it.  If CBS takes no actions to disqualify or to give him a penalty it makes you think they do this in all the reality shows.  Step up CBS and have some backbone!

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
Re: Upset at CBS
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 01:53:19 PM »
I agree, something needs to be at least SAID about this.

Even if there WAS something to that coded letter, it should be investigated somehow!

Offline mycroftbyers

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 02:39:28 PM »
I went to CBS.com and followed the feedback link at the very bottom of the page. Through feedback I have let CBS.com know that I have canceled feeds...will not be watching Big Brother after tonight if it is not addressed, and will not watch any CBS show during Sweeps....low ratings will hurt their AD revenue so I hope everyone will join me in letting them know about the Sweeps boycott and joining in on it.   :(
Gwalchfaen's Official Groupie

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Cheers from the Eiffel Tower
    • Carrot Sticks & Cottage Cheese
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 02:49:46 PM »
What do you mean by the coded letter? Was that something on the Sunday show, because I missed the last half of it.
When all is said and done, there is nothing more to say.

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2007, 02:54:08 PM »
On the live feeds, Dick explains to Dani a letter he received from being HoH (for only a few minutes during the double elem night) from his son(?) that was giving him a coded message from a pre-determined code he & his son setup before he went into the house. Like the first & last letter of a paragraph would stand for something...trust your alliance, or don't trust your allaince

Offline mycroftbyers

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2007, 02:56:48 PM »
Not on the Sunday show...on the live feeds...Dick's HOH letter contained a coded message from his son...they worked out a way to help Dick cheat before Dick entered the house. Both admitted to it. Some people feel that because the information was likely dated it doesn't matter. Other's like myself feel that he cheated...and just because the information was not helpful to him doesn't mean the cheating should be overlooked. CBS has not addressed the problem and shut down the live feeds when Dick started to brag about getting away with it.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2007, 03:02:26 PM »
We are also debating this topic OVER HERE in live feed chatter.

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline kc

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Sunny Day
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2007, 04:46:13 PM »
Well just like in school if your caught cheating you get a zero on the test and suspended,  it doesn't matter if the person you cheated off of was an idiot and had the wrong answers it was still cheating.  i think that Dick having admitted to it should have been removed from the show, just like those before him who threatened violence.  They didn't actually do anything to harm anyone but the implication was there and they were removed.  It should be the same in this case.

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Cheers from the Eiffel Tower
    • Carrot Sticks & Cottage Cheese
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2007, 04:52:42 PM »
If the BBC removes players from the game for creating secret coded messages, why shouldn't CBS do the same?
It doesn't matter if the message is helpful or not, its not supposed to be allowed.
When all is said and done, there is nothing more to say.

Offline Seanaci

• RFF Full Member
    • My Blog
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2007, 05:02:21 PM »
You knew it had to eventually happen that a HG would talk to an outside family member and come up with a code of some sort in the letter they get from home if they win HoH.

Being that it's so late in the game now, I doubt it would have affected the outcome. I see it as just Dick bragging anywho. He's been arrogant and stuff all season. So why not brag now (whether or not it's true) that you had a coded message from your son via  your letter?

Offline mycroftbyers

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2007, 05:14:13 PM »
If the BBC removes players from the game for creating secret coded messages, why shouldn't CBS do the same?
It doesn't matter if the message is helpful or not, its not supposed to be allowed.

CBS only cares about ratings because they only care about AD dollars. All networks are dirty...but CBS is sleeeezy! Dick brings in viewers for better or worse so CBS allows his crap.

Offline aprilsvagina

• RFF Sr. Member
  • if your not cheating,your not trying
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2007, 12:02:15 PM »
all is fair in love and war,kudos to dick for being smart enough to think of it.bb had the chance to edit it just like thay do with everyones letters.where in the bb rules does it say you cant have coded messages,nowhere,thats why they edit your letters.you dick haters never stop do you,lmao. :knuckles: :knuckles: :knuckles:

"im gonna go poo,wanna eat breakfast"maggie the er nurse
"sex with some of these women today is like throwing a sausage down a hallway"howie the jedi

Offline Blondie

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Watch out, I will chop you!!!
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2007, 02:25:30 PM »
Apppprrrriiiilllll   :hearts: :beer2:
Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth...AMEN..!!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2007, 02:41:41 PM »
This is such an interesting topic of discussion, and we welcome and respect everyone's opinion on this.

But please remember that since we do cherish each and every opinion, we also expect that everyone will treat their fellow posters with respect.

Hate the opinion? Have a different viewpoint? Fine--no problem.  Feel free to share.

But politely please!

just saying.... ;)
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline mycroftbyers

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2007, 04:23:06 PM »
This is such an interesting topic of discussion, and we welcome and respect everyone's opinion on this.

But please remember that since we do cherish each and every opinion, we also expect that everyone will treat their fellow posters with respect.

Hate the opinion? Have a different viewpoint? Fine--no problem.  Feel free to share.

But politely please!

just saying.... ;)

Oh Georgia...you are such a peach...thank you for all the hard work...and helping to keep the forum conversational instead of combative...It's so much nicer that way.
 :-*

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2007, 11:26:11 PM »
Yes, GeorgiaPeach...thank you for interceding when neccessary!  Much appreciated.  :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

This season has really had me upset for a lot of reasons, but I'm not going to even go into detail, b/c I don't feel like spinning my wheels. 

I'm glad the season is over.  Period.  :waves:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2007, 11:35:18 PM »
Thanks y'all!

I love our RFF community and want it to remain a warm and welcoming place for all!

Now we will be seeing y'all for Survivor and Amazing Race, won't we??
RFF's Golden Rule: