The Amazing Race > Racers Corner

TAR 21 Ep 2 Discussion! Hosted by TAR 19's Cindy and Ernie!

<< < (4/11) > >>

georgiapeach:
 :bigwelcome to all our guests tonight!! Thank you for joining us!!

Please feel free to register and join in the discussion!

ErnieCindyTAR19:
We heard this was challenging to find the motor place, since there were several car-type-operations with the same name.  It always LOOKS easier on TV than it actually is! Plus, when you are racing, you're so stressed out and not thinking straight!

I really wished we could watch Amy & Daniel more. There are other teams that aren't as interesting to watch.

Taxi's are a huge part of the show, we like that you have to interact with the locals and there's a sense of luck or fate involved when picking a driver.  It wouldn't be the same show if you drove yourselves everywhere.

In Atlanta, we said we didn't want an older driver.... we THOUGHT the young drivers would be faster and more aggressive.  We couldn't get anyone to take us and finally went with the older gentleman. It was the best decision we made because he knew all of the roads like the back of his hand, he was so kind and patient with us and ultimately was a huge part of our success. Thanks Ben!!  :hrt:  :keeta:

--- Quote from: georgiapeach on October 08, 2012, 09:27:45 PM ---Reading Amy's interviews, I think they did try mutiple cabs...but I love the self driving and the times where y'all used local transport the best!

Would you have a liked a race where taxis were not allowed?/

--- End quote ---

ErnieCindyTAR19:
That sounds a lot like Andy & Tommy from our season in Panama. They kept switching cabs and spending their money. The money provided for each leg doesn't get you too far - just enough for you to make minor mistakes. But if you ride around town for hours, you're going to spend your whole budget and end up walking 4 hrs like the twins Liz and Marie from our season (in Bangkok).

We used the internet as much as we could. Some places didn't have as much availability as others, but the internet literally has everything now! It's best to get the flight that LANDS first, not the one that DEPARTS first.

--- Quote from: sumsolstice on October 08, 2012, 09:30:04 PM ---I read where they switch cabs twice - so they had three cab drivers - said they lost over 4 hours on the cabs, and exhausted most of their funds.

Did you two make good use of the internet on researching your flights - connections/arrival times?

--- End quote ---

ErnieCindyTAR19:
It seems like in the later seasons, that every leg starts off with some sort of 'equalizer' where all teams start the leg around the same time. This allows teams in the back to catch up and have a chance to win.  It wouldn't be fun if the first place team started accumulating hours of lead time! There would be no suspense or drama!

--- Quote from: Alenaveda on October 08, 2012, 09:28:03 PM ---Hi guys!

Yes, I agree with you.  Doesn't seem too smart to separate from the pack.  They'd got lucky - as the guys in your season - that there was an HoO (Hours of Operations), other way - with a night leg - they would probably be eliminated even before reach the bull race.

--- End quote ---

georgiapeach:
I am so sad that we did not get to see more of Amy and Daniel, she is incredibly inspiring and they both seem like genuinely nice people. I would have loved to see them race further!! :hrt:

You two had an awesome driver in ATlanta. I know EXACTLY the challenges of that day :lol: and since I-85 was shut down at the crucial time...he did a truly amazing job at navigating thru and around the blockages!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version