Author Topic: TAR 27 Ep 9 "It's Always The Quiet Ones" (Agra, India)  (Read 21103 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TAR 27 Ep 9 "It's Always The Quiet Ones" (Agra, India)
« on: November 13, 2015, 12:18:49 AM »
Episode 9 title

WITH ONLY SIX TEAMS REMAINING, THE COMPETITION HEATS UP WHEN RACERS FACE A U-TURN, ON “THE AMAZING RACE,” FRIDAY, NOV. 20          “It’s Always The Quiet Ones” (Agra, India) – With only six teams remaining, the competition heats up when Racers face a U-Turn, and some teams enjoy the sweet taste of victory after a candy making challenge, on THE AMAZING RACE, Friday, Nov. 20
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 01:53:40 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 28 Ep 9 "It's Always The Quiet Ones"
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2015, 12:20:59 AM »
PREVIEW!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Vl4QJMukOHQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Vl4QJMukOHQ</a>

Sneak Peek!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/qTbSehBxif4" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/qTbSehBxif4</a>
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 02:09:04 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2015, 12:21:15 AM »
MAF'S EP 9 RACING REPORT!

Racing report
Amazing Race Season 27, Episode 9, "It's always the quiet ones"
Film date: 2015-07-07 - 2015-07-09

As is quite common now this episode starts with a extra scene from the last leg. This time it is Tiffany & Krista who sit and talk to Tanner & Josh just after the pit stop. They discuss the boys very precarious situation with a speed bump in a leg which contains a U-turn.
 "I think we're all due for some amazing karma tomorrow", Josh

The last pit stop was in Klesmer-Hois, Krakow and this is where teams are being release the following night in the following order:
1.Justin & Diana      22:04
2.Kelsey & Joey       00:58+2:54
3.Denise & James Earl 00:59+2:55
4.Logan & Chris       01:50+3:46
5.Tiffany & Krista    02:02+3:58
6.Tanner & Josh       02:03+3:59

Route info: "Fly to New Delhi, India". After landing teams must travel by taxi to New Delhi railway station and catch a 6am train to Agra. Once in Agra they'll make their way to the banks of the Yamuna river where they will find their next clue. The clue also warns that there is a U-turn ahead.
 "I think Justin & I are definitely the biggest targets and I think that if we don't get there first we would expect to see our names on the U-turn board", Diana
 "We really want a first place", Kelsey may want to U-turn Justin & Diana
 "A U-turn is gonna to happen for sure", Logan

Teams meet up at the airport where they spend the night.
 "We see the elusive green team. They exist.", Joey & Kelsey run into Justin & Diana
 "That's just a myth that you hear about", James Earl is also there

The next morning teams are split up on two different sets of flights.

Flight #1 is probably:
  LH1627 KRK-MUC  2015-07-08  07:24 - 08:28  (scheduled 06:30 - 07:55)
  LH762  MUC-DEL  2015-07-08  12:23 - 23:23  (scheduled 11:55 - 23:00)

[/tt]
And carries:
  Tanner & Josh
  Justin & Diana
  Denise & James Earl
and probably
  Logan & Chris
  Kelsey & Joey

Flight #2 is probably:
  OS600 KRK-VIE  2015-07-08  07:45 - 08:46    (scheduled 07:35 - 08:40)
  OS33  VIE-DEL  2015-07-08  13:19 - 01:44+1  (scheduled 13:10 - 00:05+1)

And carries:
  Tiffany & Krista

The next time we see the teams is at the New Delhi railway station. Here they experience severe culture shock. There are people sleeping on the floor everywhere.
 "I've never seen anything like this in my life", James Earl

At the station Logan & Chris start discussing the U-turn with more or less all the other teams (one by one).
 "So we're in agreement? You guys are definitely U-turning, right?", Chris to Justin
 "Is it true that the girls can't U-turn now?", Logan accidentally spills the goods to Justin & Diana
 "Don't tell them we told you that", Logan again

We know from an earlier interview that Tiffany & Krista can't use this U-urn since they already use their U-turn in Africa. But Justin & Diana didn't know that they did that, and they are surprised by Logan's comment. Just about then Tiffany & Krista turn up and ask if the others already have bought their tickets.
 "We'll walk you out, there's no reason to stay", Justin offers to show the girls where the marked counter is

At the ticket counter Justin & Diana ask Krista about the U-turn. Krista lies and say they did not U-turn them. Eventually both teams go back to Logan & Chris and ask why they said that. Chris now deny having told Justin & Diana. So two teams are lying and nobody is really happy.
 "I think that everybody is getting a little out of control with this and it's really bothering me now", Krista
 "The U-turn board is open for everybody", Justin sums it up

The next morning all teams hop on the train to Agra. Joey goes into mock newscaster role and throws the ball over to Krista.
 "Well Joey, It's really steaming up today in India. We walked into a lot of U-turn talk and it made us all a little hot'n'bothered", Krista

Phil stands on the platform and live narrates as teams exit the train in Agra. To begin with they must find a marked tuk-tuk which will take them to the river. The following ride is wild and more than a few racers fear for their lives as the tuk-tuk speeds trough the wild'n'crazy Inidian traffic.

Teams arrive to the clue box by the Yamuna river in the following order:
 1. Tiffany & Krista
 2. Logan & Chris
 3. Denise & James Earl
 4. Tanner & Josh
 5. Kelsey & Joey
 6. Justin & Diana

Road block: "Who's ready for laundry day?"

In this road block contestants must wash a load of saris. They must first ride a bicycle down to the river and drag it across the sand to a washing station. Then they must unload a big pack of dirty saris from it, fold and tie them in a certain way before throwing them in a big pot. They must then stir the washing with a big stick. At this stage the locals would bring the washing into the river to rinse and some manual handling. The players can skip this step and are instead directed to a large pile of washed saris which they, together with their instructor, need to spread in the sand to dry.

Each team get a local instructor who also acts as a judge and checks every step they do and immediately tell them if they need to redo it. The instructors never say anything to the contestants but use sign language to show what needs to be done.

The extra information contains the following: "As their speed bump Tanner & Josh will both have to perform this road block." So as soon as Tanner is done with the road block Josh start to do it as well.

There is a lot of laundry and from comments later it seems the task took about an hour to complete. This is quite a harsh speed bump compared to earlier seasons. But the task is visually very pleasing since the saris they wash are very colorful.

"It's supposed to be an arms length, but my arms are a lot shorter", Krista on why she uses the ground to help
 "If you're happy and you know it clap your hands", Denise tries to lighten the mood with some singing

"If you're not gonna U-turn us, let me know, Tanner tries to find some consolation
 "Not one person speaks up", Tanner again, after an awkward silence
After a while he gets denial from more or less every team, including from Joey.

"They are heavy when wet", Joey find the road block physical
 "This is the hardest thing I've ever had to do", Denise

Teams complete the road block in the following order (* denotes team member doing the roadblock):
1(+4)Kelsey & Joey*      (5-4)
2(+0)Logan & Chris*      (4-5)
3(+3)Justin & Diana*     (4-5)
4(+0)Tanner* & Josh      (4-5)
4(-3)Tiffany & Krista*   (4-5)
5(-2)Denise* & James Earl(4-5)
6(-2)Tanner & Josh*      (4-5)

Route info: "Make your way to Hanuman temple in the Johri bazaar and receive a blessing to get your next clue."

Teams reach the temple in the following order:
 1(+0) Kelsey & Joey
 2(+0) Logan & Chris
 3(+0) Justin & Diana, as Logan & Chris leave
 4(+0) Tiffany & Krista
 5(+0) Denise & James Earl
 6(+0) Tanner & Josh

Detour: Cans or Candy?

In cans teams must load a cargo-bike with 120 empty cooking oil cans and delivering them to New Taj Oil company. This is a lot of cans and they will have to stack them 5 levels high. Fortunately they get some string as well so they can tie their load together. Otherwise we would have vast amounts of empty oil cans on the streets of Agra.

In candy teams must cut and wash one mann (~90lb) of white pumpkin. Once done they must deliver two batches of finished candy to a store.

Both detour options take place elsewhere so teams have to go back into their tuk-tuks again.

Kelsey & Joey have bad luck and their tuk-tuk takes them to the wrong place initially. When they arrive at the detour location Justin & Diana are nearly finished with packing their bike.

"Five high? Holy cow!", Justin realize how big the load really is
 "Are you gonna cut your hand off now?", Logan to Chris when he starts cutting the pumpkins

As Justin & Diana are packing cans on their bike a local parade passes by on the street. They are probably lucky that they didn't have to to leave right then.

"It's frustrating that the race we've been doing is getting us in second place and not in first", Kelsey is frustrated that they never seem to be able to beat the green team

"I'm sweating like a beast right now", Krista realize cutting melons is hard work

Both detours attracts huge crowds of onlookers which adds a festive mood to the whole thing.

At the candy detour teams wonder how much a mann is. The clue doesn't say and eventually Chris & Logan wash their pumpkin and get them weighed. They have not done enough yet.
 "They have a lot, we need a lot more", Tiffany looks at Chris & Logan's pot and estimate their own position

Tanner & Josh arrive at the candy making shortly after Logan & Chris have left. Tiffany & Krista and Denise & James Earl are still here cutting up pumpkins.

"It's right across from the gas station", Justin shouts directions to Joey as he runs back after doing their delivery

Kelsey & Joey try to unload their cans as fast as possible, but they go a bit too fast so we get to see canmageddon when lots of cans fall. This makes the unloading slower since the cans have to be stacked neatly.

When Tiffany & Krista are done with the cutting Krista goes over to tell Tanner & Josh how much they need to cut.
 "Oh my god, you guys are going to be done in two seconds", Krista see that they have almost caught up
 "They did it so fast they are going to be right behind us now", Krista fears Tanner & Josh will overtake them as they make their delivery

Teams complete the detour in the following order:
 1(+2) Justin & Diana, cans
 2(-1) Kelsey & Joey, cans
 3(-1) Logan & Chris, candy
 4(+1) Denise & James Earl, candy
 5(-1) Tiffany & Krista, candy
 6(+0) Tanner & Josh, candy
 6(+0) Tanner & Josh, cans

Route info: "Make your way to Bijighar Chowraha Roundabout and search for your next clue". Everybody realize that this is where the U-turn ought to be and they really want to get there before everybody else. So stress levels are very high.

"If we're first there we are U-turning", Chris
 "They don't know where they are going, so this is scary", Justin's driver doesn't know where it is
 "We have to U-turn", Kelsey
 "I think I want to U-turn the green team", Chris wants to U-turn Justin & Diana

Teams reach the U-turn board in the following order:
 1(+0) Justin & Diana
 2(+0) Kelsey & Joey, U-turns Tanner & Josh
 3(+0) Logan & Chris
 4(+0) Denise & James Earl
 5(+0) Tiffany & Krista
 6(+0) Tanner & Josh

"We would only use the U-turn to save ourselves", Diana on why they didn't use the U-turn
 "We just want to make sure we're safe", Kelsey on why they U-turned
 "This means we're still stuck with the green team", Logan

Tiffany & Krista are shocked to see their friends Tanner & Josh on the U-turn board.
 "It's always the quiet ones you have to watch out for", Krista gets the title

"Are you kidding me? You punk", Tanner when he see the U-turn board and Joeys picture
 "I'm cheerin' for green now", Tanner is shocked

Route info: "Search the grounds on the Moonlight garden i Agra to check in to your next Pit Stop. Warning! The last team to check-in may be eliminated!". This garden, which is located right across the river from the Taj Mahal, has been used for Pit Stops before. This time Phil is hiding in the far corner. The greeter is a local barber and production has arranged for a customer as well so the barber just comes by to greet teams and then rushes back to his lathered customer.

Denise & James Earl have a hard time finding the pit stop. Their driver drop them off at the wrong garden. They search this and one more before they find out that the Moonlight garden is far away on the other side of the river.

The editors use this navigational mishap to try to fool us that Tanner & Josh are still in it. Consequently we get to see them fly through the task. What they conveniently do not show, but we get to see in the extra scenes, is that Tanner & Josh had a really hard time finding the cans detour. Partly this is because their clue is in tatters by now.

"Phil is good at hide and seek", James Earl
 "We could show up and somebody could have got lost, I mean crazier thins have happened", Tanner try to keep the flame of hope burning

Teams reach Phil in the following order:
 1(+0) Justin & Diana, win a trip to Honolulu, Hawaii
 2(+0) Kelsey & Joey
 3(+0) Logan & Chris, within a few minutes after #2
 4(+1) Tiffany & Krista
 5(-1) Denise & James Earl
 6(+0) Tanner & Josh are eliminated

"We just work really well together", Diana on why they are dominating
 "They are not winning the million", Chris is convinced that Justin & Diana won't win the race

At the pit stop Denise check her fitbit and find that her heart rate is 132 and that she has run 11 miles today.

"I think we kind of let our guard down and here we are", Tanner

« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 07:45:38 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2015, 12:22:07 AM »
NEOBIE'S EP 9 MAPS!!

Leg 9
- Major props to Slowhatch for introducing us to Wonobo! Would never have found anything in Agra otherwise!
- Denise/James Earl were brought to Shahjahan Garden instead of the Pit Stop at Mehtab Bagh, but luckily for them this was only 1km away from the U-Turn.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 07:43:29 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2015, 01:45:19 AM »
Leg 9: Krakow, Poland → Agra, India

FILM DATES: July 8-9?
AIR DATE: November 20

ROUTE INFO:   Travel to Agra, India

FLIGHTS: KRK → DEL via MUC & FRA
(LH 1371 KRK-FRA 0650-0830, LH 760 FRA-DEL 1345-0040)

ROUTE INFO:   Unknown
DETOUR A:       Transporting 120 cans via cargo rickshaw to New Taj Oil company

ROUTE INFO:   Unknown
DETOUR B:       Make a local candy - Petha - using winter melons

ROUTE INFO:   Raja ki Mandi
U-TURN x2:      Both U-turns unknown

ROUTE INFO:   Yamuna River
ROADBLOCK:   Wash and dry a load of laundry along the riverbank

PIT STOP:       Mehtab Bagh

:yes:  SAFE:

?  AT RISK:

X  ELIMINATED:
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 04:17:41 AM by ovalorange »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2015, 02:09:05 AM »
No posting except for Alen please
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2015, 07:12:51 AM »
Preview!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/k71fT4PSvsg" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/k71fT4PSvsg</a>
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 08:25:01 AM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2015, 07:13:10 AM »
Caps from the preview!

« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 10:19:22 AM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2015, 07:13:26 AM »
Second part of the caps.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 10:22:57 AM by Alenaveda »

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 27 Ep 9 "It's Always The Quiet Ones"
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2015, 09:52:26 AM »
 ???  could the racers be at the Agra Delhi Railway Station @ 4:25 AM  ???   ... or maybe not.... could be any one of a hundred similar stations in India.   :grins:

Edited to add:  Just noticed in the Transportation thread that the Delhi flight was delayed and landed at about 2AM.  Makes sense that they would be at a train station at 4:25AM if they came straight from the airport and were heading to Agra.  Nevermind.....  :grins:

« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 04:26:44 PM by Boingo »

Offline Vodka.

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2015, 11:52:29 PM »
That's a sinister laugh at the end, but I am not gonna panic cuz Logan and Chris made it to the finals  :trampb:

Online RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2015, 08:49:30 PM »
The Amazing Race - It's Always The Quiet Ones (Preview)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Vl4QJMukOHQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Vl4QJMukOHQ</a>

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2015, 09:10:54 PM »
whee justin in the thumbnail!!!!!!! :res:

Offline scruffs

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2015, 11:25:48 PM »
Tiffany and Krista DID U-turned Justin and Diana, so why get mad at Logan and Chris? Do they have an agreement not to tell? :res:
Chance favors prepared minds.

Offline Joberio

• RFF Sr. Member
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO AMY & MAYA, WINNERS OF TAR25!
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2015, 12:55:12 AM »
Tiffany and Krista DID U-turned Justin and Diana, so why get mad at Logan and Chris? Do they have an agreement not to tell? :res:
They probably wanted that kept secret since it ended up not mattering, anyway.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2015, 03:27:38 AM »

I can't find the other pic but this was somewhere in the season preview, Denise & James-Earl was pushing a cart like this, this task is this leg... Physical Detour?  :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Offline LeonardTheKoala

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2015, 10:17:00 PM »
I'm pretty sure this was also in this leg, it involves a crowd with Justin and Diana, I'm still not sure what but based from the picture, I can tell which obvious placement they will end up again  :gaah:

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2015, 10:39:44 PM »
I'm pretty sure this was also in this leg, it involves a crowd with Justin and Diana, I'm still not sure what but based from the picture, I can tell which obvious placement they will end up again  :gaah:

Diana's top is different.... it could be the next India leg. Which means THEY survive this week *rolls eyes*

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2015, 11:21:16 PM »

Diana's top is different.... it could be the next India leg. Which means THEY survive this week *rolls eyes*

The crowd may not say anything about their placement. Even the last team can still have a crowd with them.

About clothes, Justin's pant is different, too. But maybe they change it somehow during HOO or in the train...

Offline colav10

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2015, 12:45:15 AM »

WITH ONLY SIX TEAMS REMAINING, THE COMPETITION HEATS UP WHEN RACERS FACE A U-TURN, ON “THE AMAZING RACE,” FRIDAY, NOV. 20

“It’s Always The Quiet Ones” (Agra, India) – With only six teams remaining, the competition heats up when Racers face a U-Turn, and some teams enjoy the sweet taste of victory after a candy making challenge, on THE AMAZING RACE, Friday, Nov. 20 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Phil Keoghan (@philkeoghan) is the host.

Remaining Teams in THE AMAZING RACE:

Denise and James Earl

Justin and Diana

Joey and Kelsey

Logan and Chris

Josh and Tanner

Tiffany and Krista

CHEAT TWEET: With $1 million on the line, would you use the #uturn? #AmazingRace 11/20 9p/8c + http://bit.ly/1NA7Ups live w/ @PhilKeoghan

http://cbspressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/shows/the-amazing-race/releases/view?id=43965

Offline LeonardTheKoala

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2015, 02:14:07 AM »
Ha, I knew it was a candy making challenge involving those melons.

Those winter melons Josh and Tanner are holding are recipes for a famous candy in Agra called a Petha. That would explain why they are holding those vegetable in the first place.  :trampb:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petha

Offline Deerhunter

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2015, 12:05:23 PM »
I watched the preview and looked like Tanner and Josh were by the canister detour too.I hope that doesn't mean they're u-turned.Unless the candy making detour and canisters are close together. :(

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2015, 01:18:26 PM »
I watched the preview and looked like Tanner and Josh were by the canister detour too.I hope that doesn't mean they're u-turned.Unless the candy making detour and canisters are close together. :(

:welcome: to RFF! The screencaps from the preview are upsteam ^^...can you tell me what number shows Josh and Tanner please? Or do you mean the Season Preview? ???
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Deerhunter

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2015, 01:37:13 PM »

:welcome: to RFF! The screencaps from the preview are upsteam ^^...can you tell me what number shows Josh and Tanner please? Or do you mean the Season Preview? ???It was in the newest preview that it looked like they were getting the clue by the canisters.

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2015, 04:59:18 PM »
I think he means this picture?
It is found from the promo post on #11

未命名 by Choi Man Kit Choi, 於 Flickr