Author Topic: TAR 27 Ep 2 "Get in There and Think Like a Dog" (Buenos Aries)  (Read 19578 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TAR 27 Ep 2 "Get in There and Think Like a Dog" (Buenos Aries)
« on: September 25, 2015, 01:01:40 PM »
Title find thanks to Claude!

Episode 2 title + location

Thanks colav and Candi!

TEAMS TRAVEL TO BUENOS AIRES, ARGENTINA, WHERE THEY LEARN A DIFFICULT TANGO WITH A TWIST, ON “THE AMAZING RACE,” FRIDAY, OCT. 2

“Get In There and Think Like a Dog” (Buenos Aires, Argentina) – Teams travel to the birthplace of Pope Francis, where they visit the church where he was baptized. Also, Racers are driven up a wall when they learn a tango with a twist, on THE AMAZING RACE, Friday, Oct. 2 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Phil Keoghan (@philkeoghan) is the host.

[IMG]http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc494/AllAboutTAR/tar27/Screenshot_3_1.jpg
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 05:48:08 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 27 Ep 2 "Get in There and Think Like a Dog" (Buenos Aries)
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 01:03:18 PM »
Preview!! Thanks Alen!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/AtjV_rALPj4" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/AtjV_rALPj4</a>
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 10:15:05 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2015, 01:05:26 PM »
MAF'S EP 2 RACING REPORT!

Racing report
Amazing Race Season 27, Episode 2, "Get In There and Think Like A Dog"
Film date: 2015-06-24 - 2015-06-25

The last leg ended by a lookout point next to Copacabana beach in Rio. Teams are not released from the beach nearby. Teams are released in the following order:

Tanner & Josh       09:40
Jazmine & Danielle  09:44+0:04
Cindy & Rick        09:48+0:08
Denise & James Earl 09:56+0:16
Logan & Chris,      ??:??+?:??
Alex & Adam         ??:??+?:??
Ernest & Jin        ??:??+?:??
Kelsey & Joey       ??:??+?:??
Justin & Diana      ??:??+?:??
Tiffany & Krista    ??:??+?:??

The first clue reads:
  ROUTE INFO

Fly to Buenos Aires,
Argentina!

When you arrive, search
for your next clue at the
church where Pope
Francis was baptized.

You have $215 for this
leg of the race

All teams seem to make their way to the same nearby travel agency before they make their way to the airport. While they wait most teams try to figure out which church they need to go to (Basílica María Auxiliadora y San Carlos). There are agreements to share information, agreements not to share information and agreements which are broken.

We learn that Tanner & Josh have do not really like Justin, he just rubs them the wrong way.

All teams ended up on the same flight to Buenos Aires:
  AR1257  GIG-AEP  20:20-23:45

As they arrive there is the customary rush to the taxis, and this time it really is a good idea to make haste. That is because even though the church is closed, as expected, there is a sign:
Church open at 7:30 am
  Take a number
You will be admitted in the
  order you arrived
Given how close the legs typically are in modern versions of the race it is a big advantage to get a head start.

Teams arrive at the church (9.6km, 30min) and get the following numbers:
   1. Justin & Diana
   2. Logan & Chris
   3. Tanner & Josh
   4. Alex & Adam
   5. Cindy & Rick
   6. Kelsey & Joey
   7. Ernest & Jin
   8. Tiffany & Krista
   9. Denise & James Earl
  10. Jazmine & Danielle

The next morning teams are admitted one at a time. They have to walk through the entire church to to reach a priest at the back who gives them their next clue. This is a detour: Cartoneros or Fletero

In Caroneros teams must help the local recycling industry. They will become cartoeros and collect cardboard from recycling bins within a marked area. When they have delivered 100kg of cardboard to the waiting truck they will get their next clue. There are only 8 carts available. This task starts at El Ceibo on Paraguay St, (3.9km, 20min)

In Fletero teams must transport a statue to a new location. They must pick it up in a store (Gabriel del Campo antique shop, 6.3km, 20min) and call for a truck. Then one of them must sit with the status in the back to prevent it from breaking while their team mate directs the river to their destination (Plaza Seeber, 8.9k 18m).

We get to see Logan and Chris argue over which detour to take. Or rather we get to see Logan steamroll over Chris in the matter.

"A lot of people underestimate us, and we're athletes", Tiffany think people underestimate them since they're cheerleaders
 "Weigh this. It'll slow them down", Tanner & Josh just have a small amount of cardboard in their bag, but they want to slow down Justin & Diana
 "Get in there and dig like a dog", Justin gets the (mangled) title
 "Oooo, Whoa, there's dodo in here", Ernest opens a recycling bin

Jazmine & Danielle arrives as team #9 to the cartoneros so there are no more carts available. They decide to head for the collection truck to see if there are any free carts there. And their patience is rewarded and they get Tanner & Josh's cart when the Texans are done.

Teams complete the detour in the following order:
  1(+0) Justin & Diana, cartoneros
  2(+1) Tanner & Josh, cartoneros
  3(-1) Logan & Chris, cartoneros
  4(+5) Denise & James Earl, cartoneros
  5(+0) Cindy & Rick, cartoneros
  6(+0) Kelsey & Joey, flatero
  7(+1) Tiffany & Krista, cartoneros
  8(-1) Ernest & Jin, cartoneros
  9(-5) Alex & Adam, cartoneros
 10(+0) Jazmine & Danielle, cartoneros

Route info: "Make your way to Calle Bartolome Mitre". Here teams find the next clue box (4km, 15min from Cartoneros and 5.2km, 20min from Flateros) in the following order:
  1(+0) Justin & Diana
  2(+0) Tanner & Josh
  3(+0) Logan & Chris
  4(+1) Cindy & Rick
  5(+1) Kelsey & Joey
  6(-2) Denise & James Earl
  7(+0) Tiffany & Krista, arrive as team team #1 is leaving
  8(+0) Ernest & Jin
  9(+0) Alex & Adam
 10(+0) Jazmine & Danielle, arrives as team #5 is leaving

Road block: "Who wants to get sideways?"

In this road block contestants must learn the steps to a tango. The twist is that part through the routine they are hoisted up the wall and must finish the tango sideways with their feet on the wall.

"You're going to be the woman. I'm the man.", Tanners female dance instructor
 "It's a dancing challenge", Justin to Tiffany & Krista as they arrive
 "I was terrified, I'm not gonna lie", Alex is afraid of heights so he did not like this challenge
 "It's  dance", James Earl helps Jazmine & Danielle

Tanner & Josh get really frustrated when Tanner has trouble with this task. But Tanner pulls himself together and eventually completes the task correctly.

Teams complete this road block in the following order (* denotes team member doing the roadblock)
1(+0)Justin & Diana*     (0-1)On her 2nd attempt
2(+1)Logan* & Chris      (1-0)On her 2nd attempt
3(-1)Tanner* & Josh      (1-0)On his 4th attempt
4(+0)Cindy* & Rick       (1-0)On her 2nd attempt
5(+1)Denise & James Earl*(0-1)On his 1st shown attempt
6(+1)Tiffany & Krista*   (0-1)On her 1st shown attempt
7(-2)Kelsey* & Joey      (1-0)On her 1st shown attempt
8(+0)Ernest & Jin*       (0-1)On his 1th show attempt
9(+0)Alex* & Adam        (1-0)On his 2nd attempt
10(+0)Jazmine* & Danielle (1-0)On her 1st shown attempt

The next route info tells teams to make their way to the next pit stop at Cathedral de Polo (6.5km, 25min). This is a polo playing stadium. Unfortunately for the teams a lot of taxi drivers do not know where this is, or it may be that the contestants pronounce it Cathedral de Pollo, which is not quite the same thing. So it becomes a race to find a driver who understands what they are saying and knows where to go.
 "I made you, you came out of my belly", Denise is very proud of her son after he nailed the dancing challenge
 "We need to turn every single team against them and destroy him", Tanner does not like Justin

"I need to put my shoes on", Jazmine after the road block
 "No you don't, no you don't, we gotta go", Danielle know that every second counts
 "My feet", Later Jazmine complains as they run along the sidewalk, hunting for a taxi
 "It's a million dollars, I'll buy you new feet", Danielle is ruthless

The Cathedral de Polo turns out to be a very big place with multiple entrances to different fields. Phil waits by the largest field and teams reach him in the following order:
  1(+0) Justin & Diana, win a trip to Morocco
  2(+1) Tanner & Josh, win a footrace against #3
  3(+2) Denise & James Earl
  4(-2) Logan & Chris
  5(-1) Cindy & Rick
  6(+0) Tiffany & Krista
  7(+0) Kelsey & Joey
  8(+2) Jazmine & Danielle
  9(-1) Ernest & Jin
 10(-1) Alex & Adam, are eliminated

Tanner & Josh arrive just after Logan & Chris and Denise & James Earl. Tanner & Josh seem to have a very compelling urge to compete so they turn it into a footrace. They manage to pass the other teams, but at great cost.
 "I pulled my hamstring", Tanner
That's not really a good trade for second place on the leg. We will have to see how much this affects them in future legs.

Krista gets to demonstrate the Tango with the pit stop greeter. Jazmine & Danielle have no idea of where they are placed when they arrive. All they know is that they left the road block last and then there was a three-way race to get a taxi. Phil of course uses this to play with them.
 "Jazmine & Danielle, I'm very sorry to tell you that you finished at the back of the pack", Phil, before he tells them they are #8

In the extra scenes we get to see Alex & Adam get driven to the wrong location on their way to the pit stop. The most probably sealed their fate. We see that they are very disappointed that they only got to run two legs. And so are we.
 "It's the trip of a lifetime", Alex describes the race

« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 02:16:30 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2015, 01:05:46 PM »
NEOBIE'S  EP 2 MAPS!

Better late than never! Thanks Slowhatch, DrRox, and Alenaveda!

« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 02:13:34 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2015, 05:48:27 PM »
Leg 2: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil → Buenos Aires, Argentina

FILM DATES: June 24-25
AIR DATE: October 2

ROUTE INFO:   Fly to Buenos Aires, Argentina

ROUTE INFO:   Travel to the birthplace of Pope Francis

ROUTE INFO:   El Ceibo on Paraguay St
DETOUR A:       Collect 100kgs of cardboard using a Cartonero

ROUTE INFO:   Flea Market on Plaza Dorrego
DETOUR B:       Involves transporting a statue

ROUTE INFO:   Calle Bartolome Mitre 4272
ROADBLOCK:   Involves performing an aerial tango routine

PIT STOP:       Campo Argentino de Polo

:yes:  SAFE:

?  AT RISK:

X  ELIMINATED:
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 08:27:42 PM by ovalorange »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2015, 05:53:11 PM »
 :<3
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 02:09:34 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2015, 06:02:08 PM »
Preview!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ZKzj--BTFqg" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ZKzj--BTFqg</a>
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 10:38:24 PM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2015, 06:02:58 PM »
Caps from the preview!

« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 08:58:49 AM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2015, 06:03:16 PM »
Second part of the caps.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 09:00:58 AM by Alenaveda »

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2015, 03:05:12 PM »
The logo in the bags of the carts teams are using in the recycling task corresponds to "EL CEIBO-Cooperativa de trabajo y medio ambiente. De cirujas a recuperadores"

https://www.facebook.com/pages/EL-CEIBO-Cooperativa-de-trabajo-y-medio-ambienteDe-cirujas-a-recuperadores/296978607800?sk=info

According to the info on the page of the Goverment of the City of Buenos Aires, they're collecting recyclable materials on the Palermo neighborhood (from where all the sightings of the teams come) since 1997.

Their logistical center is located on the 4742 Paraguay St. Here's a map of the area including the identified locations from teams doing the task:

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2015, 03:21:26 PM »
As an additional info, their working area is between Julián Álvarez St. in the south, Santa Fe Ave. in the east, Godoy Cruz St. in the north and Córdoba Ave. in the west.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2015, 04:48:43 PM »
Just wild speculation here  :funny: But I'm thinking Ernest & Jin are safe this leg. The episode 3 title (which again includes the word "dog") is "Where My Dogs At?"

That totally sounds like something a street dancer would say.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2015, 02:34:08 PM »
Just wild speculation here  :funny: But I'm thinking Ernest & Jin are safe this leg. The episode 3 title (which again includes the word "dog") is "Where My Dogs At?"

That totally sounds like something a street dancer would say.
When the episode three title became known, I sorta suspected that team had both quotes. Doesn't mean they weren't eliminated on the third leg (just speculative supposition since I don't recall an eliminated team ever having the episode title quote after elimination.)
-- theschnauzers

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2015, 03:48:54 PM »
...these previews are for the entire season, not just Ep. 2...

#11 - 12   Paris Metro, Line 4, Les Halles Station

Line 4 info

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2015, 04:03:26 PM »

...judging by the architecture and the piano (as Chopin concerts are common there)...

#30 Old Town Square (aka Market Sqaure) in Krakow

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2015, 02:04:32 PM »
The Amazing Race - Get In There and Think Like A Dog (Preview)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/gFLGJ03CJI4" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/gFLGJ03CJI4</a>

Offline colav10

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2015, 03:28:51 PM »
TEAMS TRAVEL TO BUENOS AIRES, ARGENTINA, WHERE THEY LEARN A DIFFICULT TANGO WITH A TWIST, ON “THE AMAZING RACE,” FRIDAY, OCT. 2

“Get In There and Think Like a Dog” (Buenos Aires, Argentina) – Teams travel to the birthplace of Pope Francis, where they visit the church where he was baptized. Also, Racers are driven up a wall when they learn a tango with a twist, on THE AMAZING RACE, Friday, Oct. 2 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Phil Keoghan (@philkeoghan) is the host.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2015, 03:45:24 PM »

The Pope Francis was baptized on the Basílica María Auxiliadora y San Carlos, located in the intersection of the Hipólito Yrigoyen Ave. and Quintino Bocayuva St. in the neighborhood of Almagro in Buenos Aires:

Offline Candi Lee2

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2015, 05:12:06 PM »

1 photo

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2015, 06:53:23 PM »
For those who can't watch it due to the geoblocking:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/AtjV_rALPj4" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/AtjV_rALPj4</a>

Offline Candi Lee2

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2015, 12:32:36 PM »

“Get In There and Think Like a Dog” (Buenos Aires, Argentina) – Teams travel to the birthplace of Pope Francis, where they visit the church where he was baptized. Also, Racers are driven up a wall when they learn a tango with a twist, on THE AMAZING RACE, on the CBS Television Network. Phil Keoghan (@philkeoghan) is the host

"Get In There and Think Like A Dog"--In this Road Block, Logan/James Earl/Krista/Tanner/Cindy must learn to tango then perform the steps sideways on a wall in order to receive the next clue

In Detour A, Jazine and Danielle/Jin and Earnest/Tiffany and Krista/Rick and Cindy/Alex and Adam must collect 100 kilograms of cardboard and deliver it to the collection truck in order to receive the next clue
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2015, 01:53:35 PM »
So Detour A is essentially Canada 3 Leg 11's "Paper" Detour but with cardboard (They had to fill 2 bins with 13 kg of paper recyclables)

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2015, 03:43:06 PM »
I've have to look it up as to which season/leg, but the collection task in a neighborhood has been used before.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2015, 04:21:28 PM »
I've have to look it up as to which season/leg, but the collection task in a neighborhood has been used before.
Season 11, Leg 9
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax