Author Topic: TAR Canada 2: Ep 7 "Lest We Forget" August 19  (Read 13568 times)

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
TAR Canada 2: Ep 7 "Lest We Forget" August 19
« on: August 12, 2014, 09:19:11 AM »
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 09:17:08 AM by Leafsfan »

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR Canada 2: Ep 7 "TBD"
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 09:19:56 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/uaN9Ye1JN30" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/uaN9Ye1JN30</a>

Preview, thanks Alen!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 11:19:25 AM by Leafsfan »

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 09:21:18 AM »
Leg 7: Winnipeg, Manitoba → Normandy, France

FILM DATES:  May 12
AIR DATE: August 19

ROUTE INFO:  Fly to Normandy, France

ROUTE INFO:  Beny-sur-Mer Canadian War Cemetery

ROUTE INFO:  Unknown
DETOUR:         Braid horse's mane

ROUTE INFO:  Calvados Boulard 
ROADBLOCK:  Calculate composition of cider

PITSTOP: Juno Beach

:yes:  SAFE:

?  AT RISK:

X  ELIMINATED:
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 05:34:39 PM by ovalorange »

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 10:04:48 AM »
Caps from the preview!

« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 06:55:32 PM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2014, 10:05:15 AM »
Second part of the caps.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 06:57:11 PM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR Canada 2: Ep 7 "TBD" August 19
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2014, 09:29:09 PM »
The place where Sukhi and the twins are crying and where "teams are immersed in Canadian History" could be at the Beny-sur-Mer Canadian War Cemetery.

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline saskvagabond

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2014, 10:40:59 PM »
Let's not forget I mentioned it even before the race started filming!!

So excited to see them going there. It's a sobering place. I've been there myself.

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2014, 08:15:47 AM »
The place where Sukhi and the twins are crying and where "teams are immersed in Canadian History" could be at the Beny-sur-Mer Canadian War Cemetery.

you think worl war 2 had only britsh and american actual candanas help out in world war 2

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2014, 08:50:39 AM »

you think worl war 2 had only britsh and american actual candanas help out in world war 2
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2014, 06:57:47 PM »
Caps up!

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR Canada 2: Ep 7 "Lest We Forget" August 19
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2014, 10:07:52 AM »
I really like the Leg's title! It's (obviously) very appropriate for the Beny-sur-Mer Canadian Cemetery.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2014, 11:19:51 AM »
The phrase, "Lest we forget" is actually more applicable to WWI, added to the "Ode of Remembrance".
I would also like to emphasize the fact that this cemetery is considered Canadian soil by Canada and France. I only say this because the complaints have started up again about the show leaving the country. I already blasted one on the show's FB page, and I intend to go full-rant on any others I see!

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2014, 11:44:18 AM »
I honestly do not understand Facebook fans. They are some of the most stupid people I have seen (no offence intended).
Hahaha I totally agree! Some can barely form a complete sentence. The TARC page is one of the few I will write, and unfortunately lately it's been just to comment on the ones who think the "Canada" in TARC means racing just in Canada. I actually don't do it as much as a couple of other people...nods to them. LOL

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2014, 12:40:30 PM »
Facebook fans are dumb. Remember their opinions on some of the TAR24 teams? "PRAISE THE COWBOYS. DOWN WITH BRENCHEL!!" Fools.

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2014, 01:21:37 PM »
Let's not forget I mentioned it even before the race started filming!!

So excited to see them going there. It's a sobering place. I've been there myself.

Yes, I think you did beat me to it, but it was on my short list when I found out the show was leaving the country. I knew (probably like you???) they would pick locations that would have a Canadian connection and then add to that the fact this is the 70th anniversary of the D-Day landings. In the next couple of seasons, I would say always consider a Canadian connection. LOL

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2014, 01:25:39 PM »
Like I was saying to you the other day, Sue, here's where I see the flaw in the logic this time: So if the Canadian Amazing Race wants to make a reference to Normandy, it's better to stay in Canada and, say, read about it at the National War Museum in Ottawa, then to go there and see the real thing up close.

Despite that social media controversy, though, international travel has not hurt the ratings at all. In fact the viewership for both weeks in Asia were up over the previous episode in Tofino.

I'm kind of curious to see, with both French teams still in the race, how much they'll be able to use that to their advantage in France :)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 01:39:22 PM by Maanca »

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2014, 02:05:16 PM »
I'm kind of curious to see, with both French teams still in the race, how much they'll be able to use that to their advantage in France :)
Well, we know that the Final Four consists of Sukhi & Jinder, Natalie & Meaghan, Mickey & Pete, and Rob & Ryan. Because of this, it means that one of the two French teams will be eliminated while in France. So, it shows that even a linguistic advantage could not save one team.

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2014, 02:12:29 PM »
Like I was saying to you the other day, Sue, here's where I see the flaw in the logic this time: So if the Canadian Amazing Race wants to make a reference to Normandy, it's better to stay in Canada and, say, read about it at the National War Museum in Ottawa, then to go there and see the real thing up close.

Despite that social media controversy, though, international travel has not hurt the ratings at all. In fact the viewership for both weeks in Asia were up over the previous episode in Tofino.

You mean the flaw in logic re: these pro-"Stay in Canada" people? Yes!!! I think most fans are annoyed by these complainers because they don't understand the "Amazing" part. But it's particularly annoying to me this time because this cemetery (there are others too) holds the bodies of Canadians who are forever unable to return to Canada.

I have mixed feelings about the French language advantage...I don't think the French think much of the "colonials" (Quebecois) either?!? LOL I am kind of thinking it will be a bigger advantage in Montreal, or should I say English language will be a disadvantage? LOL
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 02:43:42 PM by WindsorSue »

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2014, 02:14:58 PM »
Well we know Normandie is a NEL, with Ryan and Rob being last and doing the speedbump in Paris
One of A/A or the twins will be eliminated in Paris

Funny thing is the next leg is in Montréal, so also french advantage!

We then have two Options:

If Montréal is a EL, the surviving team from A/A or twins gets eliminated
If its a NEL, then Suki and Jinder are also a potential candidate to get eliminated in the PEI leg because thats where they were last spoted..

So:

Leg 7: Normandie (NEL)
Leg 8: Paris (Most probably EL)
Leg 9 Montréal
Leg 10: PEI
Leg 11: New-Brunswick

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2014, 08:50:47 PM »
Please keep future episode discussion in the Discussion thread! Thanks!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline saskvagabond

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2014, 06:59:08 PM »
Can we spec about this episode? 

I hope so as I'm about to do it.

The alcohol in the previews is most likely cider as that region of France is a major cider producer, especially something called calvados, a distilled apple brandy. It's also home to two French national stud farms (horse breeding).

Pit stop Juno Beach perhaps? Be a fitting place! Would love it to be Vimy Ridge, but that's a nearly 350km drive (and we know they're self driving in the previews). Is there any precedent in other versions of having teams drive that far in a single leg?

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2014, 07:01:47 PM »

The alcohol in the previews is most likely cider as that region of France is a major cider producer, especially something called calvados, a distilled apple brandy. It's also home to two French national stud farms (horse breeding).

Pit stop Juno Beach perhaps? Be a fitting place! Would love it to be Vimy Ridge, but that's a nearly 350km drive (and we know they're self driving in the previews). Is there any precedent in other versions of having teams drive that far in a single leg?
TAR4 Le Mans to Marseilles: 892 km.

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2014, 07:32:49 PM »

TAR4 Le Mans to Marseilles: 892 km.
It looks like you were researching the same things as me today.
I agree with the cider. It looks like Audrey is trying to find a barrel that has aged long enough to take a sample? I am presuming they are testing the temp, because it must stay at a lower temp to ferment.
The two stud farms ...Haras du Pin and Haras Saint Lo: Haras du Pin is considered to be the Versailles for horses. Literally. It was begun by Louis XIV aka "The Sun King", a very important person in the history of Lower Canada (Quebec). It would be a nice connection. However, the barn they are in is more "rural" looking compared to this place, where the stalls are white washed stucco, and ornate woodwork. Definitely the kind of stable a King would have his horses bred. I thought perhaps it was a lesser used stable. However, one screencap has cows in it. Normandy is littered with horse breeders and riding academies and the like. I have not yet looked closely at the other place (I think it has a connection) but it looks much the same. I hope I am wrong...these 2 stables are incredible. One interesting thing is haras du Pin is along the way from Paris to Beny-sur-Mer and Juno Beach.
Juno Beach was the first place that crossed my mind, for obvious reasons. I would be disappointed if it isn't the pit stop. If not there, Caen (which was decimated in WWII) or Bayeaux.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 07:39:14 PM by WindsorSue »

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2014, 09:51:41 PM »
The alcohol in the previews is most likely cider as that region of France is a major cider producer, especially something called calvados, a distilled apple brandy.
Nice!  :hoot:  :keeta:
Calvados Boulard (webpage)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2014, 11:27:55 PM »
Perfect match!! Another nice one Slowhatch!
RFF's Golden Rule: