Author Topic: pre TAR 25 speculation+ Start Line DIscussion *Be a Part of History!*  (Read 96025 times)

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
Re: pre TAR 25 speculation+ Start Line DIscussion *Be a Part of History!*
« Reply #225 on: May 30, 2014, 07:28:58 PM »
If the start line is in Times Square and with a picture of Phil at the fountain doing a stand up.. maybe the first clue is to "Head to the start line of the first starting line" and they ask the many fans watching them where it is..

Offline Philimination

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Phil is ready to Philiminate
« Reply #226 on: May 30, 2014, 07:49:53 PM »
I think EVERY task being a switchback is a little bit too much... but 1 switchback per leg (or 1 switchback per country visited),  then a final memory task based on something in each switchback would be cool.

If it was a roadblock, something similar to this would be the question:
ROADBLOCK: Who can retrace the steps of Amazing Race history?
You are the last team to arrive.
This is a Philmination leg, so I'm sorry to tell you that you have been Philiminated from the race.

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #227 on: May 30, 2014, 07:53:54 PM »
So excited and it's not a Los Angeles start!  :yess: :nana :nana :nana :jam:

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #228 on: May 30, 2014, 08:07:55 PM »
What if, they go to South Africa and this Race completely bypasses Europe!  :nana

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #229 on: May 30, 2014, 08:08:39 PM »
What if, they go to South Africa and this Race completely bypasses Europe! b :nana

The last time that the race bypassed Europe was.... Season 2. I wouldn't say no to a season without Asia but that's for another thread.
It's Clobbering Time!

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #230 on: May 30, 2014, 08:19:41 PM »
We haven't had a africa start since TAR1 and what better way to have a throwback to TAR1 than a New York start and a South Africa first destination.

Wasn't the very first country Zambia?

Edit: Never mind, they passed through South Africa, first. You're right.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #231 on: May 30, 2014, 08:20:10 PM »
For those who want to read the tea leaves that Phil has displayed lately, he has also tweeted pictures in the last few days of himself next to what appears to be a lifeguard tower at a beach and of an old run down looking tenement building.

Also, if Luke is having to ask yesterday if it's OK for him to be at Times Square, I doubt they have been issuing many invitations to the racers. Season 1 racers wouldn't surprise me though.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #232 on: May 30, 2014, 08:47:11 PM »
All TPTB would have to do where Racers are concerned is to reach out to a certain season 1 Racer; they have their own community and if they're wanted, the word would have gone out privately, and we would not hear about it.

-- theschnauzers

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #233 on: May 30, 2014, 08:51:20 PM »
I'm thinking that it's an African 1st leg, if someone posted this on the Changes Viewers Would Like To See Thread.
If not, then I think it's a European 1st leg.
But I think there's still a small chance the Philippines gets visited in the first few legs. (Multiple Connections?)

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #234 on: May 30, 2014, 08:56:57 PM »
I'd imagine that we will see Phil and the teams just before 3am for the pre-race talk and introduction while the race begins at 3am on the dot.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #235 on: May 30, 2014, 09:06:13 PM »
If its an East Coast start, it's most likely going to be eastward, with a European or South American first leg with an outside chance of an African first leg. Only twice has the pattern been different. S7 changing directions mid-Race (eastward then westward after India), and S13 where the Race went westward having visited South America first.

Hopefully, it's going to be an African leg. :luvya:
I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #236 on: May 30, 2014, 09:10:57 PM »
If its an East Coast start, it's most likely going to be eastward, with a European or South American first leg with an outside chance of an African first leg. Only twice has the pattern been different. S7 changing directions mid-Race (eastward then westward after India), and S13 where the Race went westward having visited South America first.

Hopefully, it's going to be an African leg. :luvya:

We are LONG overdue for a African start and a South Africa return! Most of the foreign editions have been to South Africa in the past 2-3 years.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #237 on: May 30, 2014, 09:12:18 PM »
I'm thinking that it's an African 1st leg, if someone posted this on the Changes Viewers Would Like To See Thread.
But I think there's still a small chance the Philippines gets visited in the first few legs. (Multiple Connections?)
I so want them to be in the Philippines with at least 6 teams left.  I wasn't really a fan of TAR7's double back route, but I'll take it if they go South Africa-India-Nepal-Philippines then head north to Korea or something and go back westward through Europe.

That's so weird, but I'll take it.  :nana

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #238 on: May 30, 2014, 09:14:44 PM »
I'd imagine that we will see Phil and the teams just before 3am for the pre-race talk and introduction while the race begins at 3am on the dot.

Not necessarily. From what I've seen about flight information for the morning, there's a few hours of leeway, and it is always possible the Racers might not be at Times Square for the actual start. No one knows for sure what exactly is being planned, which is making this fascinating.
Quote from: Karpov 617

Hopefully, it's going to be an African leg.
The thing is that except for Atlanta which has direct flights to South Africa, the only other logical city that could be used is NYC, as it was in the first season. And London is a connection point for South Africa from NYC as we saw in season 2 with the Groaning Grannies.

Quote from: dryedmangoez
Quote from: Platrium on Today at 08:51:20 PM

I so want them to be in the Philippines with at least 6 teams left.  I wasn't really a fan of TAR7's double back route, but I'll take it if they go South Africa-India-Nepal-Philippines then head north to Korea or something and go back westward through Europe.

That's so weird, but I'll take it.

My guess is that the Philippines will be towards the end of the Race if they're headed there this season.
-- theschnauzers

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #239 on: May 30, 2014, 09:22:20 PM »

North Korea is too dangerous to visit due to travel restrictions, South Korea is safe to visit for the Penultimate Leg like Japan (seasons 9, 20 and 23).

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #240 on: May 30, 2014, 09:27:41 PM »

North Korea is too dangerous to visit due to travel restrictions, South Korea is safe to visit for the Penultimate Leg like Japan (seasons 9, 20 and 23).

I think he meant head north to Korea as in going north to South Korea.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #241 on: May 30, 2014, 09:31:03 PM »
Wow, this sounds like it will be a tremendous starting line! I wish I lived in New York City; I would totally go! :hearts:

I really hope to see what a lot of others have mentioned; a throwback to Season 1 in a visit to South Africa. It would be an excellent way to start this anniversary season!
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #242 on: May 30, 2014, 09:35:44 PM »

I think he meant head north to Korea as in going north to South Korea.

They've come close, though. Twice they've gone to whatever that river's called that's just a few miles from the border, and I felt nervous for the racers just watching it. I seem to remember one team actually took their taxi right to the border.

One Asian country I can't help but wonder how they've never gotten to yet is Nepal. Phil even said in his Q&A thing at the end of this season that he'd like to get the race there someday. Sure the connections to get there probably aren't great, but they could find a way.

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #243 on: May 30, 2014, 09:37:47 PM »
They could have a bunch of first season racers (along with others) standing just inside the perimeter and to get the first clue they have to grab an original racer. Or alternatively answer Bethesda Fountain as the first ever starting line.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #244 on: May 30, 2014, 09:38:08 PM »
There is no reason for the race to start on the east coast unless they are either going to Europe or connecting through Europe, as LA is such a convenience for production. With the Start Line potentially being MAJOR spoilers, it wouldn't make sense to fly to a first destination that is heavily populated, as we'd end up having the whole first leg spoiled by lots of people watching. I am almost certain that we are heading to Africa (a remote location somewhere), especially considering the early flights out of NYC to London as a connection. South Africa is a great contender, but I'm thinking they might take the race back to Victoria Falls for the first destination, where the magic started!

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #245 on: May 30, 2014, 09:41:30 PM »
They've come close, though. Twice they've gone to whatever that river's called that's just a few miles from the border, and I felt nervous for the racers just watching it. I seem to remember one team actually took their taxi right to the border.

One Asian country I can't help but wonder how they've never gotten to yet is Nepal. Phil even said in his Q&A thing at the end of this season that he'd like to get the race there someday. Sure the connections to get there probably aren't great, but they could find a way.
It would be awesome to have Nepal.

It's interesting because there's direct flights to Kathmandu from Delhi or Mumbai (both possible Leg locations on their own I think).  And there's direct flights from Hong Kong, Seoul, Singapore or KL.  Apparently a ticket from Manila, Philippines to Kathmandu via Hong Kong can be as cheap as $500. 

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #246 on: May 30, 2014, 09:49:49 PM »
I'd imagine we will find out where we are headed in just over 4 hours!  :wohoo:
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #247 on: May 30, 2014, 10:03:03 PM »
I am getting live feeds of Times Square so I can watch the race begin.

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #248 on: May 30, 2014, 10:05:14 PM »
I am getting live feeds of Times Square so I can watch the race begin.

If it is ok to post the live feed links would you mind doing so? Cheers!
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member