Author Topic: Amazing Race 23 LIVE Sightings! Tweets Go Here! **please read post 1**  (Read 231317 times)

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
Re: Amazing Race 23 LIVE Sightings! Tweets Go Here! **please read post 1**
« Reply #100 on: June 10, 2013, 02:09:47 PM »
Pamela Morales ‏@paamepamela 26min

@doco86 @doco86 estaban en playa brava.. veniann bajando en parapente ahora esta en el muelle prat

They were at Brava Beach, they're coming down in pragliding now they are at the Prat dock.

This fits with the tweet about Oasysfly not answering the phone.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #101 on: June 10, 2013, 02:34:24 PM »
Matías Vargas ‏@mattdyle 4m
hoy cumplí un sueño de infancia de ver en vivo parte de la grabación de The Amazing Race...estoy tan feliz por eso :'D

Google translation:

Today I fulfilled a childhood dream to see live recording of The Amazing Race ... I'm so happy about that: 'D

Matías lives in Alto Hospicio, Chil, which is near Iquique

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #102 on: June 10, 2013, 02:37:36 PM »
More from Michael Rojas:

MICHAEL ROJAS ‏@makred 8m
@nacholira una info: hoy estuvieron participantes de The Amazing Race en #Iquique buscando pistas en el puerto. pic.twitter.com/jjthhGtVnf

Google translation:

@ nacholira one info: today participants of The Amazing Race were in # Iquique looking for clues in the harbor.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 07:11:53 PM by Plaidmoon »

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #103 on: June 10, 2013, 02:46:23 PM »
Victor Velasquez ‏@vitokovc 5m
Im so closed to the #tar23 pitstop #plazapratt #iquique

Torre del Reloj (Clock Tower) and Teatro Municipal,Iquique (Iquique municipal theater) both are possible pit stop locations at Plaza Prat.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 02:52:59 PM by Plaidmoon »

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #104 on: June 10, 2013, 05:49:08 PM »
Jorge Oyarce ‏@TonoJorge 4h
@BrunoLad @paamepamela una foto de haces unos 15 minutos pic.twitter.com/OjoPd6dhb6

which translates through Google to:

Jorge Oyarce @ TonoJorge 4h
@ BrunoLad @ paamepamela a photo of you about 15 minutes pic.twitter.com/OjoPd6dhb6

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #105 on: June 10, 2013, 06:29:10 PM »
A news story with a picture of the pitstop!

http://www.soychile.cl/Iquique/Sociedad/2013/06/10/179382/Graban-capitulo-del-reality-The-Amazing-Race-en-Iquique.aspx?utm_source=Flujo&utm_medium=Twitter&utm_campaign=Botones+Sociales

Graban capítulo del reality 'The Amazing Race' en Iquique

18:42 | El programa que se emite en el cable, sigue a varias parejas que deben realizar una serie de pruebas en alguna ciudad del mundo, cuyos participantes compiten por un premio de un millón de dólares.

'The Amazing Race' se encuentra filmando en Iquique. (R. Martínez)

En diversos lugares de Iquique se grabó este lunes un capítulo del reality The Amazing Race, programa internacional de televisión por cable que consiste en una carrera por alguna ciudad del mundo que llevan a cabo varias parejas.

Llamó la atención de los espectadores que los productores del programa prohibieran a las personas sacar imágenes y grabar las actividades, aduciendo que tienen permisos de las autoridades municipales para la censura.

El director de cultura del municipio, Carlos Graña dijo que no existen permisos para impedir grabar en espacios públicos y que no ninguna productora se ha acercado al municipio.

Los productores viajan acompañados de parejas de Carabineros, donde esta es la quinta vez que visitan el país, donde las parejas compiten por un premio de un millón de dólares.

»Ver más de #theamazingrace

Google Translation

'The Amazing Race' Filming  in Iquique

18:42 | The program that airs on the cable, follows several couples who must perform a series of tests in any city in the world, with participants competing for a prize of one million dollars.

'The Amazing Race' is filming in Iquique. (R. Martinez)

In various places in Iquique Monday they recorded an episode of The Amazing Race reality, international program that cable television is a race to any city in the world involving multiple teams of partners.

It drew the attention of local viewers that the show's producers banned people take pictures and record the activities, saying they have permits from municipal authorities for censorship.

The township culture director, Carlos Grana said there are no permissions to prevent recording in public spaces and that no producer has approached the municipality.

Producers and couples traveling around the city were accompanied by police. This is the fifth time visiting the country, where couples compete for a prize of one million dollars.

»See more of # theamazingrace

« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 06:40:40 PM by Plaidmoon »

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #106 on: June 10, 2013, 06:29:24 PM »
if u need help translating i speak spanish... this way u dont have to rely on google.. but so far it hasnt been that inaccurate

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #107 on: June 10, 2013, 06:35:30 PM »
if u need help translating i speak spanish... this way u dont have to rely on google.. but so far it hasnt been that inaccurate

I know a little Spanish. Not enough to to speak it or translate text on my own, but enough that I think I can catch big translating errors. However, feel free to fix any translation I put up. I won't mind at all. I use Google because it's easy and I can get something halfway acceptable up and move on to the next items to be found.

I took a few minutes and cleaned up the news article so that it reads better. I hope that I was accurate.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 06:41:45 PM by Plaidmoon »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #108 on: June 10, 2013, 06:57:28 PM »
It's the Afghanimals.

They look safe.

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #109 on: June 10, 2013, 07:09:28 PM »
Hey, I think someone found the missing 11th team!

Annie Costello ‏@acos03g 37m
Just saw two hippies sprinting though DFW Airport followed by a camera dude and sound guy... They were on The Amazing Race

They are only about 20 hours behind. Maybe if they hustle and another team gets a 24 hour penalty, they can make it.  :lol3:

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #110 on: June 10, 2013, 07:16:08 PM »
First, anybody asked her for more info?

Second, maybe a Keylani & Lisa scenario?
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #111 on: June 10, 2013, 09:25:11 PM »
Angie Bascur ‏@angiebascur 1h

Uno de mis empresarios beneficiarios del #PEL esta filmando para el programa gringo Amazing Race en estos instantes.... #Capo #Capisimo

One of my PEL beneficiaries entrepeneurs' is filming for the "gringo" show Amazing Race right now.

Offline Xarles

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #112 on: June 11, 2013, 01:06:15 AM »
@marcelo_vildoso
@angiebascur Los vo corriendo cerca de la Plaza Prat, que ganas de acercarme y ayudarlos.
 Responder  Retwittear  Favorito   Más
7:52 PM - 10 jun 13 desde Chile
https://twitter.com/marcelo_vildoso/status/344285933501300736

From @marcelo_vildoso
To @angiebascur
I see them running near Prat Plaza, ...dying to get close and help'em.

Marcelo Vildoso bio says he is from Iquique.

Offline Xarles

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #113 on: June 11, 2013, 02:24:14 AM »
Carola Cerpa
‏@CinthyaCerpa
@vitokovc los vi en playa brava  con los molles...donde caen los parapentes
2:56 PM - 10 Jun 13

I saw them in Playa Brava at Los Molles... where paragliders land

https://twitter.com/CinthyaCerpa/status/344166299850653696

MrDeerShank

« Reply #114 on: June 11, 2013, 08:32:25 AM »
Francisco Bravo ‏@FranciscoBravos 12h

Hay gente que dice "The Amazing Race" está en #Iquique vamos para salir en la Tele. Es tan chistoso xD "Mamá estoy en la tele"

Anyone want to translate?

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #115 on: June 11, 2013, 08:34:46 AM »

Hay gente que dice "The Amazing Race" está en #Iquique vamos para salir en la Tele. Es tan chistoso xD "Mamá estoy en la tele"

Here you go:

Some people say "The Amazing Race" is going to leave #Iquique on TV. It's so funny on XD "Mom I'm on TV"

Offline cosmophobia

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #116 on: June 11, 2013, 09:20:10 AM »

Here you go:

Some people say "The Amazing Race" is going to leave #Iquique on TV. It's so funny on XD "Mom I'm on TV"

Not "leave", but "appear"
I will help to translate anuthing you want as soon asi leave classes.
Also, M5.2 earthquake in Calama thos morning. Nothing serious but i hope they have filmed some of it

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #117 on: June 11, 2013, 11:12:20 AM »
PICS from Iquique! More Tonight!  :hrt:

First group is partners waiting for teammate who is doing the RB.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline maxen

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #118 on: June 11, 2013, 02:08:22 PM »

mercado centenario(I can't find Park Banderas but im sure someone else will)

I think i have an answer in the locations tread.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 02:14:52 PM by -mxn- »

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #119 on: June 11, 2013, 04:17:16 PM »
Thanks for your translation help, Kandace and Pope Ave!

I've found a tweet from today with a picture that I'm linking together here to Alenaveda's find in Reply #111. The tweet from Reply 111 and a follow up reply:

Angie Bascur ‏@angiebascur 19h
Uno de mis empresarios beneficiarios del #PEL esta filmando para el programa gringo Amazing Race en estos instantes.... #Capo #Capisimo

Marcelo Vildoso ‏@marcelo_vildoso 18h
@angiebascur Los vo corriendo cerca de la Plaza Prat, que ganas de acercarme y ayudarlos.

Google translates this to

One of my beneficiary entrepreneurs # PEL is shooting for gringo Amazing Race program at this moment .... # Capo # Capisimo

The'm running near Plaza Prat, who wanted to reach out and help.

So, from the time on Angie's tweet, it appears that TAR was still filming at around 10 PM Iquique time last night. Sundown today for Iquique is 6:07 PM. Yesterday should be similar. Obviously, at least one team was hours behind the ones in the newspaper articles.

The new tweet is a picture of Plaza Prat at night that was posted in the last hour or two. I'm not sure when it was posted, but it does seem to have a half dozen people milling around the clock tower. That is not the open area where Phil and the pit stop mat was. Even though I'm not sure this is a TAR sighting, I thought I'd include it with the above tweets. It's an instagram image and I can't save it and upload it. I know others can do so, and I hope someone can send it to RFF.

Persi  ® ‏@persiwiwi 1h
Plaza Prat #iquique #chile @ Iquique http://instagram.com/p/abmCXKE-VR/

« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 05:08:01 PM by Plaidmoon »

Offline Mattjimf

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #120 on: June 11, 2013, 05:00:41 PM »
Thanks for your translation help, Kandace and Pope Ave!

I've found a tweet from today with a picture that I'm linking together here to Alenaveda's find in Reply #111. The tweet from Reply 111 and a follow up reply:

Google translates this to

One of my beneficiary entrepreneurs # PEL is shooting for gringo Amazing Race program at this moment .... # Capo # Capisimo

The'm running near Plaza Prat, who wanted to reach out and help.

So, from the time on Angie's tweet, it appears that TAR was still filming at around 10 PM Iquique time last night. Sundown was at about 6:30 or 7:30. I saw a listing for sunrise/sunset in Iquique earlier, but forget which it was. Obviously, at least one team was hours behind the ones in the newspaper articles.

The new tweet is a picture of Plaza Prat at night that was posted in the last hour or two. I'm not sure when it was posted, but it does seem to have a half dozen people milling around the clock tower. That is not the open area where Phil and the pit stop mat was. Even though I'm not sure this is a TAR sighting, I thought I'd include it with the above tweets. It's an instagram image and I can't save it and upload it. I know others can do so, and I hope someone can send it to RFF.

Persi  ® ‏@persiwiwi 1h

The direct link for the photo is http://distilleryimage5.ak.instagram.com/d18c8adad2d011e2ba2422000a1f9376_7.jpg

I was trying to find the exif data to get the time of the photo, the site I used previously - http://www.findexif.com/ is showing no data, but another site - http://exif-viewer.com/ has produced the following:
colorspace   2
sampling-factor   2x2,1x1,1x1
modify   2013-06-11T14:56:23-07:00
create   2013-06-11T14:56:23-07:00

Assuming it is using UTC/GMT that would put the time at 8am which doesn't seem right.

A tip for Instagram, if you view page source, you can find the direct link to the image under "<div class="media-photo""

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #121 on: June 11, 2013, 05:07:32 PM »

Persi  ® ‏@persiwiwi 1h

I don't really think they're related to TAR, but here's the pic:

TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #122 on: June 11, 2013, 05:33:32 PM »
This shot was taken between 11:52 and 11:53 pm (assumes June 10th).    ;)

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #123 on: June 11, 2013, 08:15:19 PM »
 :groan:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #124 on: June 11, 2013, 08:26:23 PM »

Credit to: @goldnuke

TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2