Author Topic: TAR Australia 2 SPOILERS & LIVE Sightings! Tweets go here *please read post 1*  (Read 105908 times)

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Teams have been in Wild Wadi!

Tweets and pics coming in a sec ;)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 05:24:15 PM by ovalorange »

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
AAAAW YEAH!  :yess:
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I don't feel so safe usering the tweeters name, so I've blocked it out for now...

This was apparently the first team there:

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
thawardasa
I'm gonna be in the background of Amazing Race Australia in Dubai airport #imfamous
5 hours ago

Replied to

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
We got them checking in, in INDIA!   :yess:

Pics are coming, hold on a minute  :tup:
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 04:59:13 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Hold on guys, we'll have to wait for info to be approved. Sorry.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 12:10:57 PM by ovalorange »

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Fantastic find ovalorange! You're the king of spoiling TARAus2 at the moment!

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Hold on guys, we'll have to wait for info to be approved. Sorry.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I imagine this is a TAR Austraila sighting in Istanbul. From Twitter:

wigsie Barbara Ludwig
A team from The Amazing Race just ran past me totally panicked, looking for a shoe shine! #Istanbul pic.twitter.com/mS7qspjw
26 minutes ago
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 12:46:49 PM by Plaidmoon »

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I imagine this is a TAR Austraila sighting in Istanbul. From Twitter:

wigsie Barbara Ludwig
A team from The Amazing Race just ran past me totally panicked, looking for a shoe shine! #Istanbul pic.twitter.com/mS7qspjw
26 minutes ago

Great find!

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
http://twitter.com/#!/wigsie/status/141217246914674688/photo/1

It's definitely Istanbul. At the back of the picture you can see the dome of Agia Sofia. It's one of the biggest christian churches turned mosque and now it's a museum and it's in the center of the city.

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster

It's definitely Istanbul. At the back of the picture you can see the dome of Agia Sofia. It's one of the biggest christian churches turned mosque and now it's a museum and it's in the center of the city.

yep that look like are tems

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
The airline flight teams will have had to take to go nonstop today from Dubai to Istanbul are:

TK761 0549 0608
TK713 0735 1003

A flight that is too late to allow teams to be spotted in daylight in Istanbul is EK121 1513 1757.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 01:34:35 PM by apskip »

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

The word Itimat on the sign in the background is Turkish and means trusted or confidence. I can't quite make out the other words on the sign, but the hits that come up when I do a search suggest that it is a travel agency or perhaps a bus company. It does look like there might be the tops of buses in the background.

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
All this info is from the fabulous blog of Snaps & Blabs! Thank you so much to Geri for all this info! http://snapsandblabs.com/blog/8747/amazing_race_india

This is where the info begins:

There were flags on each side of the gate leading to the grassy area, where a whole film crew is waiting.

Then horns start blowing, the band awakes and two tourist looking women pop out of the little gate, run down the stairs and through the field.

The contestants arrive and then stop at the mat. After which the cameras are stopped and it could take a few minutes before they film the part where the host is telling them how they have done. In this time they are set up, positioned, people are talking and discussing something. One time the next contestants started arriving before they had filmed those before them – the band started playing and Grant Bowler, the neurotic looking host, started waving hands, shouting and running towards them until they stopped in a classic screeching halt.

What surprise me is that they all arrived within a few minutes of each other.

The last couple arrived and this is when it really became strange. They ran and stepped on the mat, then the cameras were turned off and after a few minutes they still havent filmed the announcing part.

By now we have moved closer to the final couple – a young woman and man – still waiting, although allowed to take their backpacks off.

Thanks to Geri we now know these were our leg winners, a F/F team!

Offline caper

• StartLine Finder Queen!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
i think this belongs here?:

FACEBOOK POST: (POSTED 6 HOURS AGO)

I was 80% sure that I saw an Amazing Race direction flag thing on the way home from Dubai!!! I checked, they are filming for season 20, so now I'm 95% sure! 

TWITTER POST  (POSTED NOVEMBER 28, 2011)-:
There were Amazing race people running around the airport (I think this poster may be in Dubai as well?)

Offline amazinglatinoamericafan

• RFF Full Member
hy i dont know if is amazing t=race australia or usa so i will posted in the two pages

Lol..I can see a father-daughter team njeRT @Thenji_M: Amazing Race should come to SA.. :)

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Someone on Weibo(Chinese twitter) said she saw amazing race filming in Ecole Le Cordon Bleu ,France...

She write in Chinese:"今天去蓝带居然看到在拍amazing race~哈"(maybe I translate wrong...)

maybe TAR20 or TARAU2...

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member

Someone on Weibo(Chinese twitter) said she saw amazing race filming in Ecole Le Cordon Bleu ,France...

maybe TAR20 or TARAU2...
Good find! Could well be TAR Aus 2 as they are heading towards Europe.

Google translator says: "Blue Ribbon today to actually see the film amazing race ~ Ha"
"I wish the world was flat like the old days, and I could travel just by folding a map."

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member

maybe TAR20 or TARAU2...
Do you have a date/time for this please??
"I wish the world was flat like the old days, and I could travel just by folding a map."

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

maybe TAR20 or TARAU2...
Do you have a date/time for this please??
She tweeted at 7:16(Chinese time) in Dec1...French time should be 0:16...guess she saw filming yesterday(NOV30)

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Heee! We have our first images of our Pink twins!  :yess:

Thank you SO much to Jani for her photos and info, which can be found here at her wonderful blog!: http://hoosierlifeindubai.blogspot.com/2011/11/meydans-amazing-race.html

All of this was filmed at Meydan, Dubai!

Would you believe that The Amazing Race (Australian) was being filmed right there at Meydan, before our very eyes! 

We saw two teams
 (Ladies in Pink) & (Two Really, Really Nice Young Men) run into Meydan where they sat in the grass, mingled with the locals, watched a couple of races, received their next clue ....and ran off again!

I actually walked up to them and asked if the rumor  that they were with The Amazing Race was true. One of the Ladies in Pink replied, "No, no we aren't," then looked away. (She didn't dare look me in the eye and lie!) Then one of the Two Really, Really Nice Young Men, behind the (lying) Lady in Pink, smiled and winked several times! BINGO!!

After talking to Jani, we've also found out:

The first of my photos was taken on 11/25/11 at 3:26PM and the last one (when the pink ladies ran off) was at 5:40PM.  I would say it was probably a good half hour before I walked down and started taking pictures.  A friend of mine went down before me. She says there was another team -- a girl with red hair and a guy.

Images can be found in three posts below :tup:
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 12:58:58 AM by ovalorange »

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Impressive work Ovalorange! :hearts: I'm smelling a promotion soon! :tup:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Thank you SO much to Jani for taking these pictures for us! These photos are from the blogger two posts upstream.

More photos coming shortly!  :yess:

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster