Author Topic: TAR16 - EP 9: "Dumb did us in" (Singapore)  (Read 111596 times)

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR16 - EP 9: "Dumb did us in" (Singapore)
« Reply #75 on: April 05, 2010, 07:11:14 PM »
U-Turn and a "Venomous Reaction" - two of my favourite things!
A SEASON-LONG FEUD CULMINATES WITH A U-TURN AND A VENOMOUS REACTION IN SINGAPORE, ON "THE AMAZING RACE," SUNDAY, APRIL 11 ON THE CBS TELEVISION NETWORK

"Dumb Did Us In" (Singapore) - Tempers and tensions flare when Racers place a target on one Team's back, and feuds come to a head when a U-turn comes into play, on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, April 11 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.  Phil Keoghan is host.

Sounds like Louie & Michael using another team to U-turn Carol & Brandy. Or it could just be the general dislike that Brent & Caite have for them.
I don't remember if it was on the episode or in the extra clips but Louie & Michael claimed they "trained" Brent & Caite to U-Turn Carol & Brandy :lol:
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #76 on: April 05, 2010, 07:43:33 PM »
A SEASON-LONG FEUD CULMINATES WITH A U-TURN AND A VENOMOUS REACTION IN SINGAPORE, ON "THE AMAZING RACE," SUNDAY, APRIL 11 ON THE CBS TELEVISION NETWORK

"Dumb Did Us In" (Singapore) - Tempers and tensions flare when Racers place a target on one Team's back, and feuds come to a head when a U-turn comes into play, on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, April 11 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.  Phil Keoghan is host.

Sounds like Louie & Michael using another team to U-turn Carol & Brandy. Or it could just be the general dislike that Brent & Caite have for them.

It's more then a general dislike, I bet if Brent could push the lesbian aunties onto PIE he probably would (would there be a penalty for that?)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #77 on: April 05, 2010, 11:59:47 PM »
I like the sound of the Singapore leg so far. No more car washing, visiting Phua Chu Kang or what..

Instead we're having a U-TURN, the biggest observation wheel in the world, the view at Marina Barrage of the entire city view of Singapore is superb and some very local traditional tasks.

This sounds like a good redemption for the really bad Singapore legs we had thus far. :lol:

Offline everbloom

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #78 on: April 06, 2010, 01:15:15 AM »
Speculation:

If there's a U=Turn involved as to Carol-Brandy and Brent-Caite, it may be that the Cowboys were already ahead.  I have the impression that Singapore may be like Penang for the "Boys in the hats.

Agreed!!
U-turn the Cowboys is the smartest choice, but Jet & Cord won't give you that opportunity..

Actually, we might not know if they were ahead. Besides, IT'S BRENT AND CAITE!!! I doubt they're smart enough to figure that the cowboys are the best choice (strategically) for the U-Turn. Also, they agreed w/ the cops that they would use the U-Turn on Carol/Brandy when given the chance
TAR 17:
Brook/Claire, Nat/Kat, Jill/Thomas

TARA 4
Richard/Richard, Claire/Michelle, Dimple/Sunaina

OMG!! I finally found the cowboys' Facebook fan page!![/url]

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #79 on: April 06, 2010, 02:24:08 AM »
Nothing to see here. B:) :lol:
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 02:39:58 AM by Hooky »
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline everbloom

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #80 on: April 06, 2010, 02:30:04 AM »
We don't even know that there is a U-turn. Practically all of this is speculation. :lol:

According to the press release, this episode does have a U-Turn

Anyway, if this isn't true I think the U-Turn will be Shanghai 1. But I freaking BEG for the U Turn to be in this leg because seriously, I can't wait to see Carol and Brandy so pissed at something Brent and Caite will do!
 :lol3: :snicker:
TAR 17:
Brook/Claire, Nat/Kat, Jill/Thomas

TARA 4
Richard/Richard, Claire/Michelle, Dimple/Sunaina

OMG!! I finally found the cowboys' Facebook fan page!![/url]

Offline Evan_Weinstein

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Amazing Racer
    • EVANMINAL-MINDS
« Reply #81 on: April 06, 2010, 02:32:04 AM »
guys, the press release by cbs is indeed correct, now we shall see which team is stupid or clever enough to u turn another team
We don't even know that there is a U-turn. Practically all of this is speculation. :lol:

According to the press release, this episode does have a U-Turn

Anyway, if this isn't true I think the U-Turn will be Shanghai 1. But I freaking BEG for the U Turn to be in this leg because seriously, I can't wait to see Carol and Brandy so pissed at something Brent and Caite will do!
 :lol3: :snicker:

Singaporean here - PM me, if you need me to translate, Chinese, Malay, English, German or Japanese

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #82 on: April 06, 2010, 02:38:40 AM »
I retract my comment. Sorry. :lol3:

I did see that press release. Not sure what came over me. It must have been my Easter weekend. :lol:
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #83 on: April 06, 2010, 04:16:46 AM »

Olivia says she saw "two aunties" handling out ice cream when she and her parents were in Singapore during December school holidays (I asked her on December 19th) but we know it is not a speed bump so it has to be some kind of detour...

This is the only "tidbit" and prove I have...

http://logosblogpress.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=amazingrace16&action=display&thread=2

Offline kwando1313

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #84 on: April 06, 2010, 12:40:18 PM »
I'm pretty sure there is a U-turn this leg. I mean, it all fits:

Carol and Brandy get U-turned and get Philiminated as we know the next leg is an NEL.
Brent and Caite u-turn them out of spite.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #85 on: April 06, 2010, 12:55:43 PM »
Kwando, the press release TELLS us there is a U-Turn!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline DianeC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #86 on: April 06, 2010, 01:43:55 PM »

Carol and Brandy get U-turned and get Philiminated as we know the next leg is an NEL.

How can they get Philiminated and be a NEL or do you mean the leg after this one is an NEL???

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #87 on: April 06, 2010, 01:51:03 PM »
Diane, If you check the first post of the Timeline thread pretty often, you will have an updated summary of which leg is what. :hugs:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Sailing

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #88 on: April 06, 2010, 06:04:03 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeuuICFzrhM&playnext_from=TL&videos=0KvxxaemuJs

The Amazing Race - Dumb Did Us In

CBS — April 06, 2010 — Tempers and tensions flare when Racers place a target on one Team's back, and feuds come to a head when a U-turn comes into play on the next episode of The Amazing Race.

Here is the link to the new CBS video Preview for this episode. I would post it , but it says Embedding disabled by request.  :'(

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #89 on: April 06, 2010, 06:14:50 PM »
yeah me too...as soon as I can get back to my REAL computer, I'll see what I can do.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 06:26:01 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #90 on: April 06, 2010, 06:41:34 PM »
One method wasn't disabled

Well, I guess it was after all.  I got the code, but it still didn't work.

Offline kwando1313

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #91 on: April 06, 2010, 06:51:59 PM »

How can they get Philiminated and be a NEL or do you mean the leg after this one is an NEL???

I meant the leg after this one is an NEL.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #92 on: April 06, 2010, 07:12:32 PM »
A few new things:
  • Victoria Hall with the Raffles statue in front
  • The safety helmet is from ASL Marine; their SG shipyard is listed as 19 Pandan Road

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #93 on: April 06, 2010, 07:15:59 PM »
So much to spoil, and a pretty awesome preview! :jumpy: (Will we be done by Tuesday this time?)

Will let you guys have some fun and try to fill in the gaps tomorrow, but for now I need to take back what I said about the airport (sorry!). Teams are definitely arriving by train.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 07:20:25 PM by Neobie »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #94 on: April 06, 2010, 07:19:00 PM »
I have it!! uploading now...brb maybe 10 min
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #95 on: April 06, 2010, 07:42:36 PM »
Michael and Louie are standing outside of the ASL gate, probably searching for a cab. Jiggle the streetview around and you'll recognize the bus stop, chemical tanks, etc.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 08:17:22 PM by Slowhatch »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #96 on: April 06, 2010, 07:59:06 PM »
Urrrgh... My computor is CRAWLING! Starting to work on the screencaps now...

« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 08:24:07 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #97 on: April 06, 2010, 08:35:11 PM »
Going by geographical distance alone, it looks like the Detour will be Cold Treats or Hot Beats? (I'm sure you guys can come up with a better name...) The U-Turn at Istana Park is located somewhat between the two options. It's 1.7km/1.0mi from one, and 2.6km/1.6mi from the other. Neither is exactly walking distance, but pretty close in any case.

Singaporeans should know the location pretty well, it's been all over the news! (Ten years ago, at least...) Hint: "OB marker." :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #98 on: April 06, 2010, 08:52:07 PM »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #99 on: April 06, 2010, 08:52:53 PM »
Diving back in for another look...I know I saw two people hanging from a chain or bungy...
RFF's Golden Rule: