Author Topic: The Amazing Race 14 Speculation on Spoilers  (Read 673362 times)

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: EP8 (4/12):
« Reply #1250 on: March 27, 2009, 02:30:34 AM »
Mel and Mike and Jaime and Cara, Tammy and Victor and Mark and Mike onwards and Margie and Luke look safe so Kisha and Jen are my next boots!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: The Amazing Race 14 Speculation on Spoilers
« Reply #1251 on: March 27, 2009, 02:31:13 AM »
I don't think that carrying the basket was a requirement, it was a provided tool that some team members were smart enough to see and use and others weren't. I don't think the intention was ever that teams had to do the task only one way, part of the fun is in watching them miss the obvious. I can't imagine TPTB penalizing a team for that....

OTOH, Jodi carrying two buckets was smart. TPTB got out of letting her do that by saying she couldn't use "another team's" bucket. I suspect that was an on the spot decision by production.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #1252 on: March 27, 2009, 03:15:11 AM »
Mel and Mike and Jaime and Cara, Tammy and Victor and Mark and Mike onwards and Margie and Luke look safe so Kisha and Jen are my next boots!
No good.  According to puddin, the sisters actually get past the Phuket leg and make the F5.  So it's one of the other five who won't be around for the Bangkok leg.
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline ready2rock

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1253 on: March 27, 2009, 03:22:36 AM »
No good.  According to puddin, the sisters actually get past the Phuket leg and make the F5.  So it's one of the other five who won't be around for the Bangkok leg.

Yeah I agree!!! and trust me how awesome that wud be i mean since this season has started all speculations related to them are just proving to be false...like no sightings since the romania leg and everything...wow wud be amazing to see them making it to the final 3 and eventually winning it  :yess:
The Amazing Race Season 14's favourite team-Kisha and Jen

DavidJunior

« Reply #1254 on: March 27, 2009, 03:36:46 AM »

i believe that we saw Mark/Michael and Margie/Luke in the Bangkok airport before the Phuket leg began
and Mel/Mike and Tammy/Victor were on the flight from Bangkok to Phuket

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1255 on: March 27, 2009, 07:55:09 AM »
Besides, carrying two buckets is not a punishable offense, you just drop one and move on.

Taking private transportation is considered a no-no most of the time (although Linda rode in a private car earlier this season and we didn't see any penalty assessed) and also, taking a taxi or bus when the clue clearly states "walk" and we saw that with Heather & Eve in TAR 3.
Just here to visit.

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1256 on: March 27, 2009, 12:18:02 PM »
Besides, carrying two buckets is not a punishable offense, you just drop one and move on.

Taking private transportation is considered a no-no most of the time (although Linda rode in a private car earlier this season and we didn't see any penalty assessed) and also, taking a taxi or bus when the clue clearly states "walk" and we saw that with Heather & Eve in TAR 3.

Using a bucket or stuffing your shirt to carry camel food was actually slower that using the tools provided.  It would have been silly to punish a team that already punished itself.

I suspect that Steve & Linda could have received a penalty if they were not the last team to arrive.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1257 on: March 27, 2009, 12:41:01 PM »
I was told that as well, for using the private car.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #1258 on: March 27, 2009, 12:57:32 PM »
I think Kris said he did the same thing as Linda....at same spot.....just earlier......from his interviws........but they were not penalized.
Matthew 7:15

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1259 on: March 27, 2009, 01:03:13 PM »
It also seems that penalties are given to Teams but not told to the audience.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1260 on: March 27, 2009, 02:44:32 PM »
I think Kris said he did the same thing as Linda....at same spot.....just earlier......from his interviws........but they were not penalized.

Kris ran it though, he didn't take a ride.

It also seems that penalties are given to Teams but not told to the audience.

Yes, sometimes...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #1261 on: March 27, 2009, 04:04:17 PM »

Well, actually we strongly suspect that Cara & Jamie make the Final 3 and that Tammy & Victor are on the same flight with them.  LaKisha & Jen, Margie & Luke, Mark & Michael and Mel & Mike are the ones who I'm not sure about.

Belle Book

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1262 on: March 29, 2009, 06:33:21 PM »
As you all know, RFF first brought you the info about C/J on the flight from Beijing on towards Hawaii.

Here is the rest of the story.

While we have had this information since well before the show aired, I personally felt that it wouldn't be fair to the first teams that would be eliminated or to all the fans enjoying speculating on their favorites to release this info too soon. But after tonight we will have our final five, so I think it is finally okay to share this with you all.

===============================

Okay, presents! :hearts:

I have been fortunate enough to be in contact with someone who came across the race in Beijing, on the way to Tokyo. Thanks to an enormous amount of time and help from her, I am able to bring you a good bit of info. This would be the connecting flight Beijing>Tokyo>Hawaii.

This description has been edited by me in order to combine a series of email exchanges  and in order to simplify the info, so any mistakes in the editing are mine. My inserts/edits have been italicized, the rest is in her words. Most of this comes in response to questions I posed.

We were flying on an Air China/ANA code share from Beijing to Tokyo on the 21st of November, flight later ID’d as CA925/NH5702 0930-1350.

All persons seen by her were confirmed by her matching photos.

At the terminal we discovered we had ended up on the same flight as the cheerleaders (Cara/Jaime) and the Mom/son (Margie/Luke). To the annoyance of the airline ground staff the film crew kept trying to jump ahead in line and was filming other passengers boarding the plane. I pray my exhausted scowl does not make national television. It would not be an attractive moment to have aired. 

Once we got on the plane, one sound man in particular seemed keen on climbing over seats to make sure he was involved. 

Aside from the camera crew cutting in various lines and being a touch rude, I don't honestly remember much else aside from the fact that the cheerleaders were glad another team was fighting and said as much to the Mom/son team. I will say I was surprised at how open the crew was about needing to get certain shots like "the waiting for the plane door to close shot."

Those two teams split in a different direction once we left the plane in Tokyo as we went for our (personal info removed) flight and they went to Hawaii (overheard them saying) and they went onward.

We then came across Phil at the JAL transfer desk in Tokyo. He was actually traveling with Tammy/Victor and BVM. insert: They were ahead of us in line.

I do recall Victor was very nice to the crew and was trying to get the crew members window seats to sleep by to their next destination...Honolulu. They did film them at the counter if I recall. 

I'm not sure if they were staying there or not as none of them mentioned anything beyond that.

this group which included Phil, BVM (see below), and Tammy/Victor had NOT been seen by her on her flight.

Phil didn't really interact with anyone besides an older man who I would assume was a producer of some sort. Photo confirmation that this was Bertram Van Munster—insert: And it definitely was Bertram Van Munster that was with them, he and Phil didn't really interact with anyone but each other.

The crew and such traveling with Phil/BVM/Tammy/Victor were considerably nicer than the ones on her flight and were discussing how they had been celebrating someone's birthday a few days prior and someone had accidentally ruined the surprise cake by letting the secret slip. 

Once past the transfer desk we had to go downstairs to the Bus station to transfer to another Terminal where we again came across Phil and Tammy/Victor. We rode the bus with them to the other terminal and then lost them in the chaos that is Narita airport.

I asked if she was able to get a feel for who might be in the lead at that point, or if these could be decoys:

To be honest, none of the groups really seemed to be too excited or racing, so it would be hard to say as neither group we saw really seemed all that "race like."
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #1263 on: March 29, 2009, 07:58:25 PM »

At the terminal we discovered we had ended up on the same flight as the cheerleaders (Cara/Jaime) and the Mom/son (Margie/Luke). To the annoyance of the airline ground staff the film crew kept trying to jump ahead in line and was filming other passengers boarding the plane. I pray my exhausted scowl does not make national television. It would not be an attractive moment to have aired. 

We then came across Phil at the JAL transfer desk in Tokyo. He was actually traveling with Tammy/Victor and BVM. insert: They were ahead of us in line.

... (basically the whole story above)

This means quite a lot peach!

a) T/V are so far ahead (at least meeting up with Phil/BvM in Narita Airport to Hawaii), than C/J and Margie/Luke making them our Final 3??
SPECULATION:
T/V get so far ahead during the 11th leg in Beijing, thus leaving on the first flight (catch up with BvM and production flight or separate flight) meeting them in Narita Airport for JAL and off to Honolulu, would it be that most likely, they meet all of the teams in the flight?

b) T/V are sadly eliminated in Beijing China ( :'( x infinity - saddest and most heartbreaking elimination for us guys who root for them as the first Asian who wins the race! - Please don't let it be Hometown, in this case, Homecountry curse!)

c) Phil did mention before that sometimes they are actually together with racers, problem is, is T/V actually seen with Phil and BvM? If they were seen as one cluster, then we by all means, know that they would run as decoys already...  :'( (Like Kelly/Christy last season) I'm kinda confused with these lines:

Phil didn't really interact with anyone besides an older man who I would assume was a producer of some sort. Photo confirmation that this was Bertram Van Munster—insert:  And it definitely was Bertram Van Munster that was with them, he and Phil didn't really interact with anyone but each other.

The crew and such traveling with Phil/BVM/Tammy/Victor were considerably nicer than the ones on her flight and were discussing how they had been celebrating someone's birthday a few days prior and someone had accidentally ruined the surprise cake by letting the secret slip.

d) Could the last Beijing leg be actually a NEL? No other team was spotted there in Beijing Airport nor Tokyo (If there is another, wouldn't they be also filmed or noticed?) There were no sighting of other teams, and C/J talking to Margie/Luke about a team that is quarreling? - The final 5 does not have anyone quarrel way more than sibs T/V.

If this is really our final 3, by all means, yes way!  :hearts:

Else:  :'(

Peach, do you have her photos and and are you allowed post it here in RFF? :)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 08:25:37 PM by Mooyou »
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #1264 on: March 29, 2009, 08:17:21 PM »
Since now we know that Cara & Jamie, Margie & Luke and Tammy & Victor all made it past Phuket, that means that not all of the teams are decoys.  I think Cara & Jamie and Margie & Luke are two of our Final 3 teams.  The question is, are Tammy & Victor the other Final 3 team?  Or do they fall short?  Unfortunately, since they are seen not only with Phil but with the Executive Producer, I'm afraid they fall short and are eliminated somewhere in China.   :'(

Belle Book

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1265 on: March 29, 2009, 08:28:14 PM »
Re-read the post Mooyou, it is all there. :)

T/V are not far ahead, all three teams are in Tokyo airport.

And she was so sorry, but there are no pictures.

The decoy teams are traditionally teams 4 and 5, although there have been a few exceptions.

Speculate away...   :waves:

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #1266 on: March 29, 2009, 08:46:57 PM »
Re-read the post Mooyou, it is all there. :)

T/V are not far ahead, all three teams are in Tokyo airport.

And she was so sorry, but there are no pictures.

The decoy teams are traditionally teams 4 and 5, although there have been a few exceptions.

Speculate away...   :waves:

Peach, thanks! I literally skipped parts!  :hearts:

I do recall Victor was very nice to the crew and was trying to get the crew members window seats to sleep by to their next destination...Honolulu. They did film them at the counter if I recall. 

Speculation:
they're the final 3 alright, T/V gets a flight, coincidentally, with Phil and BvM... But what I don't know is that C/J and M/L would probably take the same flight? Or a different flight? Could your witness be just ahead by a notch from the two other teams? Basically, what we know is that JAL would probably arrive first than the another flight (Phil/BvM). I wonder why production did not prohibit T/V in getting the JAL flight with them?

Decoys don't get filmed or get camera crews right?? The only thing I could remember is Kelly/Christy accidentally getting taped while Dandrew performs the Speedbump.

Oh yeah, the crew's probably nicer because their boss is there...  :funny:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1267 on: March 29, 2009, 09:21:11 PM »
Decoys absolutely get filmed AND have camera crews.

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1268 on: March 29, 2009, 09:25:46 PM »
More often than not the teams have been bunched together on the flight to the final destination, either through an early morning/late night pit start (Russia last year being a good example), an extended pit stop (Guam), or various tasks in the intermediate destination (Paris, Puerto Rico, Hawaii all those times)

I really think T/V are the decoys in this instance.

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #1269 on: March 29, 2009, 09:30:57 PM »
Decoys absolutely get filmed AND have camera crews.

Oh, shucks then... I guess we all have to speculate until we get to see the results( :'() then!   :lol:

EDIT:

Cara/Jaime would most probably be happy if T/V would be fighting, because starting from Episode 5, we could see the two teams' gut-wrenching hostility towards each other (further implicated by Victor when he specifically wanted C/J to be U-turned), and since we know M/L do not trust them anymore either as far as the race is concerned, C/J would happily tell them to.

I don't see any cooperation by C/J with K/J or the midgets in the future episodes

The only way T/V could be eliminated in China is if one of the other teams (C/J to be more specific) U-turn T/V.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 10:53:57 PM by Mooyou »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #1270 on: March 29, 2009, 10:07:12 PM »
So you all saw T/V in confessional clearly in  China!!!
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #1271 on: March 29, 2009, 10:08:55 PM »

Question is, where in China? Are they happy? With the spoiler on the other thread, I'm scared of their placement, especially in the penultimate leg, Sadly, I wasn't able to start the race itself...

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1272 on: March 29, 2009, 10:30:31 PM »
What time Chateau?

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #1273 on: March 29, 2009, 10:36:25 PM »
I post it seconds after seeing here on west coast.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1274 on: March 29, 2009, 10:37:23 PM »
Wel wrong thread but this one?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 10:54:12 PM by puddin »