Author Topic: The Amazing Race 14 Speculation on Spoilers  (Read 673345 times)

Offline spontaneousss

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Jaime & Erik for TAR 16! Best Reality Couple ever!
Re: The Amazing Race 14 Speculation on Spoilers
« Reply #825 on: January 28, 2009, 01:16:47 AM »
The blogger never got back to us Neobie .... maybe Phil was fliming final stand ups in Hawaii? And why would Phil give out that info or any of his crew?

Sadly, no on could be bothered to listen as we sprinted between two terminals (sent from one to the other and then back via a 10 minute shuttle bus each way). Three airlines, twelve “customer service” representatives and multiple people yelling at each other in Mandarin later we found ourselves on an Air China flight back to Tokyo.  We’re still not sure why or what they were screaming but it seemed to be the norm for the airport.  That said, it was a lovely airport.

During this ordeal we couldn’t help but notice two groups of travelers flashing American passports being flanked by their own teams of cameramen looking a little too giddy to be at the airport in Beijing at 8am. Oddly enough, it seems that we found ourselves in the middle of  CBS’ “Amazing Race” with two teams on our flight.  Without giving too much away, I can assure you that all of the panic and suspense of the actual show comes from some really great editing.  On this particular day we found ourselves watching the double mint twins in matching sweatshirts, bleached teeth and badly dyed red hair preen the entire time for the cameras.

[

Does this point a finger at the "double mint twins" as being one of the final 3 teams on the way to Hawaii?  Or are have they been eliminated and just travelling along with the final three?  Two teams and Phil? This almost seems more like two eliminated teams rather than final three teams.

hey guys i've been following you up for spoilers & i have to say i'm impressed, keep it up :tup:. in regards to cara & jamie being on the flight to hawaii, imo i think they are on the final 3, cause pointed out they were being tagged by the cameras the whole time..wouldn't that be a little off if the camera were focused on them if they have been eliminated already...just a thought

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #826 on: January 28, 2009, 01:34:19 AM »

hey guys i've been following you up for spoilers & i have to say i'm impressed, keep it up :tup:. in regards to cara & jamie being on the flight to hawaii, imo i think they are on the final 3, cause pointed out they were being tagged by the cameras the whole time..wouldn't that be a little off if the camera were focused on them if they have been eliminated already...just a thought
Welcome to the forum spont ...  :waves:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #827 on: January 28, 2009, 10:59:16 AM »
Spont,

Welcome to the forum. Thanks for the that tidbit, but as we have seen, decoy teams have had camera crews follow them especially when TAR gets to the final five or so. The eliminated teams do not go to Sequesterville and basically follow the remaining teams to the finish line. And the decoys go through the route to throw off any people (like the Detectives) from finding out the final three.

Last season, one of the remaining teams played the decoys in Portland. This we know from the Detectives' great work and from our talk with the teams during the lunch before the season finale. :tup:
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 11:20:11 AM by TARAsia Fan »
Just here to visit.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #828 on: January 28, 2009, 11:07:04 AM »
Well we are having a bad ice storm here in the Big D, so I have nothing else to do and came up with this. You guys shoot it down all you like, it will only help.

Possible opening scenario of TAR14.

Oct 31, 2008—Leave Los Alamitos JRTB and make way to LAX for flights to Europe. Nov 1, 2008--  Possible  
                        termination points of trans-Atlantic flights at Zurich and Milan.
                        Teams make their way by train to Locarno, Switzerland and arrive at                  
                        overnight sleep over point and leave the next morning at designated time.
                        This is not a pit stop, but a continuation leg which is common on first leg
                        of TAR
Nov 2, 2008—Teams make their way to the Verzasca Dam and do the bungy jump roadblock.
                        After the roadblock, teams are told to go to Interlaken, Switzerland by
                        train. Depending on arrival at train station in Locarno, there are two routes
                        to Interlaken, either through the Gotthard Tunnel or Simplon Tunnel.
                        Teams would have to determine which routing would get them to
                        Interlaken soonest.  On arrival in Interlaken, teams encounter a detour. I
                        think the detour would be snow related (we had the company of the guy
                        that specializes in filming snowboarding). So detour is maybe
                        snowboarding or segway  After completing detour, teams make their way
                        to the Pit Stop around Interlaken. It is presumed that some teams will
                        arrive at the Pit Stop before dark, meaning that they will leave the next
                        morning before sunup.
Nov 3, 2008—Leave pit stop and drive to Obermaiselstein. Along the way teams will
                        have to go through Lucerne. This city has similar waterfront as Interlaken
                        and could be site for Segway task to get clue to go to Obermaiselstein. The
                       cheese deal looks like a roadblock to me. All pics are of a single team
                       member that I can tell. So somewhere along the way, they should do the
                       cheese task in Switzerland to me. I mean we order Swiss cheese, not
                       Austrian cheese or German cheese….lol…..but that is just a guess. After
                       completion of roadblock, proceed to Obermaiselstein for detour,
                       paragliding or pie throwing. After completion of detour, drive to Schloss
                      Hellbrum in Salzburg for pit stop.
Nov 4, 2008--(Possible moved Pit Stop mat from night before like in Moscow) Teams
                      leave Salzburg Pit Stop for tasks in Salzburg then make their way to    
                      Bucherest and Translvania arriving early morning of Nov 5th. This comes
                      from the fact that the lady jogged by the Schloss Hellbrum the next moring
                      and nothing was happening. All the cars were still parked there and nothing
                      where the Pit Stop mat had been the night before.
Nov 5, 2008--Teams make their way by trains to Translvania and either tasks or 36 hour
                      pit stop.
Matthew 7:15

Offline spontaneousss

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Jaime & Erik for TAR 16! Best Reality Couple ever!
« Reply #829 on: January 28, 2009, 11:47:34 AM »
Spont,

Welcome to the forum. Thanks for the that tidbit, but as we have seen, decoy teams have had camera crews follow them especially when TAR gets to the final five or so. The eliminated teams do not go to Sequesterville and basically follow the remaining teams to the finish line. And the decoys go through the route to throw off any people (like the Detectives) from finding out the final three.

Last season, one of the remaining teams played the decoys in Portland. This we know from the Detectives' great work and from our talk with the teams during the lunch before the season finale. :tup:

yeah, maybe. .. i'd just like to think the fact that another female team made it to the final 3. hehe... oh well

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
Re: The Amazing Race 14 Speculation and Sightings!
« Reply #830 on: January 28, 2009, 12:26:54 PM »
nvm
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 12:30:40 PM by DrRox »

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #831 on: January 28, 2009, 02:09:22 PM »
Spont,

yeah, maybe. .. i'd just like to think the fact that another female team made it to the final 3. hehe... oh well
Believe me, I would love to see it. I would love another all-female make it to give them a chance. Dustin & Kandice were so close in All-Stars.
Just here to visit.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #832 on: January 28, 2009, 03:04:32 PM »
Well we are having a bad ice storm here in the Big D, so I have nothing else to do and came up with this. You guys shoot it down all you like, it will only help.
Possible opening scenario of TAR14.

Oct 31, 2008—Leave Los Alamitos JRTB and make way to LAX for flights to Europe. Nov 1, 2008--  Possible  
                        termination points of trans-Atlantic flights at Zurich and Milan.
                        Teams make their way by train to Locarno, Switzerland and arrive at                  
                        overnight sleep over point and leave the next morning at designated time.
                        This is not a pit stop, but a continuation leg which is common on first leg
                        of TAR
Nov 2, 2008—Teams make their way to the Verzasca Dam and do the bungy jump roadblock.
                        After the roadblock, teams are told to go to Interlaken, Switzerland by
                        train. Depending on arrival at train station in Locarno, there are two routes
                        to Interlaken, either through the Gotthard Tunnel or Simplon Tunnel.
                        Teams would have to determine which routing would get them to
                        Interlaken soonest.  On arrival in Interlaken, teams encounter a detour. I
                        think the detour would be snow related (we had the company of the guy
                        that specializes in filming snowboarding). So detour is maybe
                        snowboarding or segway  After completing detour, teams make their way
                        to the Pit Stop around Interlaken. It is presumed that some teams will
                        arrive at the Pit Stop before dark, meaning that they will leave the next
                        morning before sunup.
Nov 3, 2008—Leave pit stop and drive to Obermaiselstein. Along the way teams will
                        have to go through Lucerne. This city has similar waterfront as Interlaken
                        and could be site for Segway task to get clue to go to Obermaiselstein. The
                       cheese deal looks like a roadblock to me. All pics are of a single team
                       member that I can tell. So somewhere along the way, they should do the
                       cheese task in Switzerland to me. I mean we order Swiss cheese, not
                       Austrian cheese or German cheese….lol…..but that is just a guess. After
                       completion of roadblock, proceed to Obermaiselstein for detour,
                       paragliding or pie throwing. After completion of detour, drive to Schloss
                      Hellbrum in Salzburg for pit stop.
Nov 4, 2008--(Possible moved Pit Stop mat from night before like in Moscow) Teams
                      leave Salzburg Pit Stop for tasks in Salzburg then make their way to    
                      Bucherest and Translvania arriving early morning of Nov 5th. This comes
                      from the fact that the lady jogged by the Schloss Hellbrum the next moring
                      and nothing was happening. All the cars were still parked there and nothing
                      where the Pit Stop mat had been the night before.
Nov 5, 2008--Teams make their way by trains to Translvania and either tasks or 36 hour
                      pit stop.

Dr. Rox, I am not attempting to "shoot it down" as I respect your thinking even though I do not agree with all of it. Let's start with the biggest problem area, which is number of legs. We know from Bertram van Munster that there are 12 legs in AR14. He has been known to get things not quite right, but I believe him here. My timeline (see Timelines and Flight Information thread) calls for three total legs in Locarno, Interlaken and Salzburg. Then there is Romania, Krasnoyarsk, Novosibirsk, somewhere in India, Phuket, an unkown location (leaning toward agreemeent on Thailand but that is irrelevant for the purpose of this analysis), Guilin, Beijing and Hawaii fof a total of 9. 9+4 = 13, which is one too many. There can be only 3 legs in Switzerland, whatever parts of Italy and Germany might be traversed, and Austria or the total get too high.

Your thought that Cheese will be a ROADBLOCK is a good one. Your thought that it should be done in Switzerland (even though you have to steal a ROADBLOCK from the Interlaken are to make room there for such a ROADBLOCK) is even better. It almost for sure is going to be Switzerland, not Obermaiselstein.

I think Obermaiselstein is possible, but not probable. The company there that you have cited for a task could move its plane to either Switzerland or to Salzburg to accomplish the same result.

Your thought that teams will make their wasy to Locarno, arriving mid-afternoon after a flight and train and/or bus combinations, and then go to sleep needs improvement. I think teams will do tasks in Locarno to until there is a "pick a number" board which will be the setup for the following morning at Verzasca Dam, then they will rest. In the morning I see Verzasca Dam and then the end of leg 1 with a TBC so they can keep going and arrive in Interlaken in the early afternoon. In Interlaken teams will do the full range of tasks for leg 2(including cheese) and have a pit stop. For leg 3 the tranportation mode to Salzburg could be car (it's more efficient than I originally thought), train to the plane via Zurich, and even train all the way. I see no big favorite here, but the self-navigation is always fun to watch, so I hope that it is by car. I know that this concept puts a ROADBLOCK into leg 1 but you can't do both Verzasca Dam and cheese in leg 2.

A minor aside is that no respectable train would take the Gotthard Tunnel to go from Locarno to Interlaken. The Simplon tunnel between Domodossola and Brig is the only one that makes sense. The gotthard tunnel route is much longer and takes more time.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #833 on: January 28, 2009, 03:11:45 PM »
I LOVE that spec summary, it always helps to see things laid out.

But I think that the first episode (ie leg 1) will include Los Alamitos through Interlaken, leaving Salzburg as Leg 2.

BVM did say we would have a death defying stunt in Leg 1, I believe, which has to be the bungee.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #834 on: January 28, 2009, 03:12:24 PM »
About the cheese its a team task ..

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #835 on: January 28, 2009, 06:56:45 PM »
Cheese!  This is going to be so awesome!
 :lol:

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #836 on: January 28, 2009, 08:31:41 PM »
I thought we new cheese was a team task lol The montage cleared all that up !
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #837 on: January 28, 2009, 08:44:00 PM »

Your thought that teams will make their wasy to Locarno, arriving mid-afternoon after a flight and train and/or bus combinations, and then go to sleep needs improvement. I think teams will do tasks in Locarno to until there is a "pick a number" board which will be the setup for the following morning at Verzasca Dam, then they will rest. In the morning I see Verzasca Dam and then the end of leg 1 with a TBC so they can keep going and arrive in Interlaken in the early afternoon. In Interlaken teams will do the full range of tasks for leg 2(including cheese) and have a pit stop. For leg 3 the tranportation mode to Salzburg could be car (it's more efficient than I originally thought), train to the plane via Zurich, and even train all the way. I see no big favorite here, but the self-navigation is always fun to watch, so I hope that it is by car. I know that this concept puts a ROADBLOCK into leg 1 but you can't do both Verzasca Dam and cheese in leg 2.

I don't think I added a leg.
Leg 1)  Start in California and end in Interlaken
Leg 2)  Start in Interlaken and end in Salzburg
Leg 3)  Start in Salzburg and end in Romania

So maybe Leg 1 Roadblock is bungy jump in Locano and Detour is ????? or Cheese in Interlaken, since the cheese run was found there.

We know the teams were split 7/4 on the flights to Europe. In that one vidcap, Margie/Luke appear to be holding a card with the number 8 on it. I think that determines the order the teams get to do the bungy jump the next morning. I also think that it means that they were on the later flight to Europe and the 7 teams from Frankfurt airport had already checked in and got their cards. They certainly could do some tasks in Locarno before arriving at the check in, but, like Peach, I do not think it is a Pit Stop in Locarno.  By the time they get to that check in, they have been going for at least 24 hours. So a pre-planned rest period before the HOH task at the dam makes sense to me.

Edited to remove Segway event from first leg. Segway belongs in 2nd leg.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 08:38:06 AM by DrRox »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #838 on: January 28, 2009, 09:59:29 PM »
I like it Rox, that all works for me! :yess:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #839 on: January 29, 2009, 11:14:32 AM »
From the CBS message boards , does this work with our Guilin info? plus short men  :yess:

12/17/2008 19:23:36     
Subject: Re:DONT SHOOT ME -TAR 14 has started filming   
TARinChina
CBS Community Member

We were in the Guangzhou China airport November 17th around 11pm and saw a team of two caucasian men wearing backpacks running through the airport with a cameraman and producer in tow. They were in the baggage claim area and were in a hurry to find something and stopped at hte information desk to ask directions. The cameraman was working to capture every move. The men were both short and appeared to be related. One had a fanny pack that was visible with red/yellow/back horizontal stripes on it. We went up to them and said "Are you with the Amazing Race?". They said "No", but we are waiting for cast pictures to see if they were telling the truth or not. 

They were both rarther short (5 ft 5 or less my guess) with brownish red hair. They looked like they were related. I think at least one of them wore glasses. They were "thick" build but not fat. They were wearing shorts and tshirts and both had on back packs. They were very much in a hurry and looked stressed. There was a camera man that was filming their every move and a person carrying a microphone that was stuck in front of their faces as well. Hope that helps

Just a follow up fwiw, after looking at the cast photos, TARinChina answers ...
It very well could have been Mark and Michael. 

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #840 on: January 29, 2009, 12:47:56 PM »
Sounds like them. And Dr Rox. I think you really have hit the nail on the head!!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline scuzneck

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #841 on: January 29, 2009, 01:27:51 PM »
Olympic-sized challenge that leaves Teams gasping for air shouts swimming challenge to me, hopefully at the Olympic pool site:  the "Water Cube".

Maybe as a possible task, teams have to swim and complete all eight Olympic races that Phelps won gold in.

That would be an Olympic-sized task -- and one that would leave teams gasping for air -- literally!

Belle Book

Considering how many competitive swimmers would struggle to complete a long coures 400 IM or 200 fly, my guess for a swimming-based task would be some short relay like they did with the kids running in Arfica in TAR 6, or else something like doing  800 meters of freestyle, which is far more doable for a casual swimmer if they take their time and rest on the walls or lane lines as needed. That one could not only really separate out the field because ability levels can vary so much, but you can also make the other racer hold the lap cards and that makes for a fun visual.

Could this quite possibly be a dreaded INTERSECTION, as well...The two teams pair up and have to swim a 400M freestyle relay. Each member only has to swim one length of the pool, but you would have to hope that all 4 members of the group were competant swimmers.

something like doing  800 meters of freestyle ---- that is really, even for a good swimmer, a bunch of swimming. In the Beijing pool that would be 16 down and backs ... That is a lot of water to swim...

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #842 on: January 29, 2009, 07:31:11 PM »
All this conjecture about swimming events may be just that.  If one had to run just 100 meters to meet a time standard, one would be gasping for air at the end.   Especially if you are not a trained athlete and the smog level is high as it usually is in Beijing.  The Bird Cage has been shown in the promos and not the Water Cube, and this has been the location of the track and field events.  Maybe the team has to do a watered down version of the Decathalon (that's ten streneous tasks - five for each member of the team)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #843 on: January 29, 2009, 09:46:55 PM »
Thanks to Chateau we now know the Segways are most likely EP2 Schönau am Königssee - Germany
Jamie & Cara are on the Segways, their coats even match the Salzburg blurry blog pictures, they are the only ones shown on the Segways just to clear that up.
"Two women were running together. One was hobbling. The other said, "I'm going ahead a bit," and the other countered with, "OK, go ahead." Off into the park they went, clueless as the day was long."

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #844 on: January 29, 2009, 09:59:53 PM »
I think the source meant there that they were not going the right (most direct) way to the PitStop....

So did one of them hurt themselves falling on that Segway? :'(

And the cakes have to be JUST before the PitStop, or they would have been cleaned up before the source saw them, right?
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #845 on: January 29, 2009, 10:33:10 PM »
^^ thats why I'm wondering if Cara and Jamie switched detours?

We believe the cakes are also for this leg (2)

Victor and Tammy

Marge and assumes Luke

then the paragliding as well thanks the Uncle Bill, Slowhatch, DrRox, Chateau..

Ruhpolding, Barvaria

<< not sure who that is but I think its a female (green jacket & jeans)

Mike White is there as well

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #846 on: January 29, 2009, 10:58:39 PM »
The asian siblings look like they are first at the cake fight, while Marge and Luke are a lot later (judging by the mess on the floor)

Also, I thought the paraglider pilot would be at the top/back like parachuting (they have their hands on the the handles for controlling the wing), which would make the guy in light brown our racer....

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #847 on: January 29, 2009, 11:01:28 PM »
The asian siblings look like they are first at the cake fight, while Marge and Luke are a lot later (judging by the mess on the floor)

Also, I thought the paraglider pilot would be at the top/back like parachuting (they have their hands on the the handles for controlling the wing), which would make the guy in light brown our racer....
You are smart Mrs Shrek! So that is Mel White in the coveralls  :jam:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #848 on: January 29, 2009, 11:30:47 PM »
I agree, the green jacket would be the pilot, but guess the person in the grey fleece could be Mel? hard to tell, I thought at first look it might be Christie! :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #849 on: January 30, 2009, 12:07:24 AM »
It is Mel! You can hear him saying "I would lose the race for this" in numerous spoiler promos!