Author Topic: E!'s 'The Girls Next Door' defies expectations, returns for new season  (Read 2937 times)

Offline chunkylover53

• D'oh!
  • RFF Frantic Poster

E!'s "The Girls Next Door" reality series has exceeded expectations and is coming back for a second season.

"The Girls Next Door" follows the lives of Holly Madison, Kendra Wilkinson and Bridget Marquardt, who all live with and love Playboy founder Hugh Hefner. Their unusual relationship is the heart of the reality series filmed at the Playboy Mansion in Holmby Hills, Calif., the New York Post reported Tuesday.

Despite being called "misogynistic" when the show aired last year, the ratings indicate that women make up a large portion of the audience.

"It's surprising, considering what many of the skeptics said when it first aired," says Brent Zacky, E!'s executive producer for the series. "I think a major reason for its success is that the viewers love the girls."

The second season of "The Girls Next Door" is set to kick off on Sunday night.
Because sometimes the way to feel good about yourself is by making someone else feel bad. I am tired of making others feel good about themselves.

kitkat

My friend's and I love this show! The girls are crazy lol We watch this and the Simple Life all the time. I'm glad it's back. I guess ratings don't lie. The dvd of the first season is coming out this Tuesday. I expect it to also do real good.

Offline Texas_kimmie

• RFF Sr. Member
  • "You say that to all the girls..."
Re: E!'s 'The Girls Next Door' defies expectations, returns for new season
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2006, 07:50:07 PM »
I watch this too. Mostly to laugh though. Kendra's laugh is hilarious, and the way Holly thinks she's going to get Hef to commit and have a child with her is hilarious. Wake up girl!
AT THE END OF THE DAY, IT'S STILL JUST THE END OF THE DAY!