Author Topic: Reason they cut to FIRE when singing occurs....  (Read 2958 times)

Offline Cole

• 'RFF Hottie' - This is my life
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Sunshine
    • It's you. Not me.
Reason they cut to FIRE when singing occurs....
« on: July 08, 2006, 08:54:00 PM »
This may already been answered .... i was thinking do they cut to fire because CBS fears of having to pay royalities to the artist?

:lol3:

Some artist may pay them to sing their songs... :lol3:
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" RFF official web board antagonist naked flamin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' stalker \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
Google Talk - nikeos@gmail.com

[IM

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Reason they cut to FIRE when singing occurs....
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2006, 09:07:18 PM »
Actually I think it screws up the sound dudes audio ? now where did I read that ?.......

Nuala

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2006, 09:12:04 PM »
yeah puddin where did you hear that?  LOL.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2006, 09:22:07 PM »
now I have to go look..brb  :waves:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2006, 09:28:01 PM »

I was Wrong ..Cole was right
 :jam:

Why is there so many FotH cut-aways?   

It's not just to torment us, but I really wish the guy that throws the switch had to listen to the music or beep that we hear.   The HGs are prone to singing and humming.  CBS can not broadcast any music.  Why? This is going on live, they guy on the switch is a technician not a lawyer.  His instructions are: "if in doubt, cut it out."  Even if they had a lawyer sitting next to him, if a HG started to sing something they made-up themselves, a lawyer would have to check to see if it's an obscure song, or something published and copyrighted. There's no time for research when it's live.   It's not even a matter of CBS being cheap.  If a HG sang a song owned by an individual, once the song is broadcast, even by internet, they could be forced to pay whatever the owner insists on, so if in doubt, cut it out.  Other material blocked out are negative references to people outside the house.  If a HG were to say, "John Doe" is a pedophile," John Doe could sue both the HG and CBS for slander.  To preserve the integrity of the show, the HGs are not supposed to discuss the BB staff, or discuss what's been said in the DR.  Of course they block out a lot of the competitions so you'll watch the TV, but we always know the results because the HGs talk about the games and the results.  It's easy to paste together a pretty good picture of what happened.

Offline Cole

• 'RFF Hottie' - This is my life
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Sunshine
    • It's you. Not me.
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2006, 09:35:14 PM »
I was Wrong ..Cole was right
 :jam:

if i had a dollar for everytime I heard that I'd be a rich man  :lol3:
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" RFF official web board antagonist naked flamin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' stalker \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
Google Talk - nikeos@gmail.com

[IM

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2006, 09:40:55 PM »
I suppose its ok to talk about former HG's because they have been bashing the crap out of them. I've never heard them get away with so much name dropping than this season as well as pimping their own websites ..I suppose if your an All-star the rules change .