Author Topic: ROCK STAR  (Read 5429 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
ROCK STAR
« on: June 23, 2006, 12:18:14 PM »
CAST FOR "ROCK STAR: SUPERNOVA" UNVEILED

15 PERFORMERS COMPETE TO BE THE NEW LEAD SINGER OF SUPERNOVA

Drummer Tommy Lee (Motley Crüe) has formed Supernova with bassist Jason Newsted (Metallica) and guitarist Gilby Clarke (Guns N' Roses)   

CBS announced today the names of the 15 performers for ROCK STAR:  SUPERNOVA who will vie to be the new lead singer of Supernova, a new-band formed by drummer Tommy Lee (Motley Crüe) with bassist Jason Newsted (Metallica) and guitarist Gilby Clarke (Guns N' Roses). 

After the winning singer is selected on the ROCK STAR:  SUPERNOVA finale in September, the band will record an original album, to be co-written and produced by Butch Walker (hit songwriter/producer for Avril Lavigne and Pink).  The album will then be released in the fall before the band embarks on a world tour starting in early 2007.

ROCK STAR: SUPERNOVA will air two weekly broadcasts, beginning with a special premiere on Wednesday, July 5 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT), followed by another special broadcast on Thursday, July 6 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) before moving to its regularly scheduled Tuesday (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) and Wednesday (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) time periods the following week.

The following are the 15 singers (in alphabetical order):

Zayra Alvarez
Dallas

Dana Andrews
Augusta, GA

Magni Asgeirsson
Reykjavik, Iceland

Jenny Galt
Vancouver, BC

Jill Gioia
New York

Matt Hoffer
Chicago

Storm Large 
Portland, OR

Josh Logan
Manchester, NH

Chris Pierson
Atlanta

Patrice Pike
Austin, TX

Toby Rand
Melbourne, Australia

Phil Ritchie
Ocean City, MD

Dilana Robichaux
Houston

Lukas Rossi
Toronto, ON

Ryan Star
New York

ROCK STAR:  SUPERNOVA is produced by Mark Burnett Productions.  Mark Burnett, David Goffin, Lisa Hennessy, Dave Navarro, Tommy Lee and Carl Stubner are executive producers.  Conrad Riggs and Eden Gaha are co-executive producers.

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Save A Horse...Ride a Cowboy
Re: ROCK STAR
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2006, 02:42:11 PM »
Let's See if another Canadian will win this time around!!!

Go Lukas Go!!

I had a bunch of friends who went out last year for it. 

That girl Suzi McNeal (s?) is the singer for the Marineland commercials here =)
~Honesty Is The Best Policy, But Insanity Is A Better Defense~
~Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Don't Have Film~

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2006, 07:39:31 AM »
JD Rocks...I wish Suzy McNeill won but having a girl as the lead singer didn't make much sense...

Supernova will be interesting what kind of talent comes out...they guys are MUCH better singers than American Idol

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2006, 07:32:15 AM »
COUNT DOWN BEGINS >>>>>SHOW ON TONIGHT

Offline irelen

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2006, 01:23:56 AM »
The three stars may have a lawsuiton their hands and the show has barely begun...not sure if anyone here are alternative music fans but there is already a group in the US called Supernova and they have been recording for a while...since the 90's. They are currently woriking with the new show to come to an agreement about the name....keep your eyesopen to se what happens!

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2006, 12:05:38 PM »
Lukas was AMAZING!!! Actually I really liked Josh as well...maybe its cause i enjoy blues....but he is easy on the eyes and the song he sang is one of my favs!!

Zayra was horrible!! i couldn`t understand a word she said...the judges liked her though!??!?!?!?
Chris was bad...
Dana rocked out!!
I taped the show and didn't see all performers missed Dalana...
Jenny was ..OK
Jill...WHAT A VOICE for a small package!!
Didn't care for Magni or Matt
I enjoyed Patrice
Didn't care for Phill
missed Ryan Storm and Toby.....
Interesting who gets voted out...
My vote goes to Matt or Zayra is GONE this week!!!

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2006, 06:50:51 AM »
did i not call it!!! lol guess i'm the next simon cowell cause i've got PLENTY to say!!! wtf was matt thinking with duran duran??? i mean i like that group but he didn't bring it!!!

lukas is my hero!!!!   :flirt:

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2006, 02:59:01 PM »
well last week is over...tonight is the mansion ...let's see what rabbits these guys pull out this week! :jam:

Offline irelen

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: ROCK STAR producers sued!!!
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2006, 10:05:52 PM »
Band sues CBS show over Supernova name

By SANDY COHEN, AP Entertainment Writer 1 hour, 34 minutes ago

LOS ANGELES - What happens when two Supernovas collide? Lawsuit. A Southern California rock band called Supernova has filed a complaint against Mark Burnett's CBS reality show "Rock Star: Supernova," saying it had the name first.
ADVERTISEMENT

The complaint, filed June 27 in U.S. District Court, claiming unfair competition and trademark infringement, seeks to bar the show and its participants from using the Supernova name. It is also asks for compensatory and punitive damages.

"Our clients believe they have the superior right on the mark Supernova," the band's attorney, John Mizhir, told The Associated Press Tuesday, adding that the band "has a long-standing common-law trademark right to the mark."

The group first performed under the name Supernova in 1991, according to the lawsuit. The band released several singles and three full-length albums under the name, the lawsuit says.

The CBS show using the name first aired July 5. "Rock Star: Supernova" follows 15 contestants who aspire to become the lead singer of Supernova, a new rock band that includes former Motley Crue drummer Tommy Lee, former Guns N' Roses guitarist Gilby Clarke and former Metallica bassist Jason Newsted. The winner will tour with the band and appear on its album.

According to the lawsuit, representatives for Mark Burnett Productions ("Survivor," "The Apprentice") filed seven U.S. trademark applications for the name Supernova and two for "Rock Star: Supernova."

Gary Hecker, an attorney for Mark Burnett Productions, said the company has the legal right to the name.

"The complaint is without merit," he said.

Because the lawsuit has not yet been served, its defendants — Burnett, CBS, Lee, Clarke and Newsted — "do not have an obligation" to answer it, Hecker said.

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2006, 12:34:08 PM »
Ya so Chris went home this week....

his franz ferdinand (sp?) version was bad but come on Zayra really didn't even know that kinks song and she was embarassing to watch!!!!!

They made a big mistake just watch!!! Zayra will have to go shortly especially after insulting the band by not knowing their music!! :groan: