Author Topic: Amazing Race 10 Spoilers  (Read 480720 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Amazing Race 10 Spoilers
« Reply #350 on: July 01, 2006, 12:53:46 PM »
A little rampant speculation:

There's room for a leg in between Finland and Spain. The team spotted in Croatia way, way back wouldn't fit our timeline as it stands, but maybe they were a test team, like TPTB have said run the race ahead of time?

Thanks for bringing up the Croatia spoiler again mwooden !

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #351 on: July 01, 2006, 01:07:54 PM »
I got some new info,

Few sources have said that the race continued to Belarus after Finland. And I don't think it was just a connection point.
Oh and also there is some info about their "task" in Ylöjärvi. Obviously it was some kind of obstacle course at swamp :D
The landowner of the area is keeping his mouth shut, but nearby neighbours reported a helicopter and lots of people including security who kept the nosy ones far. The famous clue box was also seen there.

FWIW, here's something about swamps in Ylöjärvi.

Interesting quote:
There are only few swamps in this area. One swamp called Tappisuo around Lake Kotamusjärvi and Taaborinvuori area has remained in its natural state.

Edited to add:  WebCam of market area of town
« Last Edit: July 01, 2006, 01:19:50 PM by Boingo »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #352 on: July 01, 2006, 01:18:33 PM »
I'm glad to see someone :yaya: Boingo !
and again , amazing spoiling Signal   :jumpy: !!

So whos good at flights because I'm the worst at this  ?

http://www.belavia.by/index_en.htm

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #353 on: July 01, 2006, 01:25:49 PM »
Waves to puddin   :waves:

FWIW, I see only one flight from Zagreb to Belarus arriving daily at 11PM. 
FWIW, I see only one flight from Helsinki to Belarus arriving daily at 4:50PM

AND there is a twice-weekly flight from Belarus to Barcelona arriving at 2:45PM ...this may not fit in with itinerary published time for Barcelona leg of approx 8:30PM arrival, however...

Quick check of Iberia shows Helsinki to Barcelona flights all arrive after 9:05PM

Flight Schedule    :-\
« Last Edit: July 01, 2006, 05:57:17 PM by Boingo »

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #354 on: July 01, 2006, 02:49:47 PM »
Something of interest, thanks to Joni.

Subject: Is Kandace in Watertown?

Interesting stuff, and I'm not sure whether or not she's racing.  She could be a greeter, but still, I don't think that people can make mention to their appearances on the show, racer or no.  Besides, looking back at some of the older images, this Kandice Pelletier looks like one of the racers from the all female blonde team.
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #355 on: July 01, 2006, 02:52:33 PM »
Already posted here :yaya:
thanks revengefullycreative !

Boingo  :kuss:
« Last Edit: July 01, 2006, 04:39:43 PM by puddin »

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #356 on: July 01, 2006, 05:01:55 PM »
That would be an interesting backward leg from Helsinki to Minsk. And then on to Barcelona.  Will have to check flight possibilities.  Where did the picture of the socks drying come from??

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #357 on: July 01, 2006, 05:44:20 PM »
The socks came from Signals link to the train pictures Viltsun ja Miksun galleria  :woo2:

Offline Signal

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Not So Newbie
    • TeeVee
« Reply #358 on: July 01, 2006, 09:04:32 PM »
One thing came to my mind,

Does anyone know that has the TAR production ever asked local media to shush about writing or releasing pics of the shows production?
I read that the some Finnish production company who had helped with the Race had asked the media here to not mention anything about it on behalf of the production company that produces TAR.
I'm little suspicious of that being true, since why would any tabloids or what ever agree not to publish something newsworthy, unless they were promised something.
But in the other hand, I haven't seen or heard any newspaper, tabloid, or anything mention about it, and I'm sure they are aware of TAR visiting here. I don't know how it is in other places, but here they always mention things like that. But this time nothing, oh yes except today in a local "newspaper" just basically saying "Amazing Race visited Finland?" that's all.

Anyway, like I said I'm suspicious of that being true, but interested to know if anyone has ever heard that to happen

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #359 on: July 01, 2006, 09:24:26 PM »
I'd love a scan of the article Signal  :angel:  :lol: .
I would assume TAR producers don't want us to know where they were ? also I assume the production companies along with the land owners or whatever are under contract to keep hush .
Signal this is by far the most spoiled Amazing Race in my opinion , heck we even have possibly four of the teamates names as well as the final 3 and the cast was not even released yet  .
Now if only we can find the final city :lol: ?

I hope someone else can explain better than I can about the production and contracts and all ..:yaya:

Offline Signal

• RFF Not So Newbie
    • TeeVee
« Reply #360 on: July 02, 2006, 03:30:05 PM »
I'd love a scan of the article Signal  :angel:  :lol: .
I would assume TAR producers don't want us to know where they were ? also I assume the production companies along with the land owners or whatever are under contract to keep hush .
Signal this is by far the most spoiled Amazing Race in my opinion , heck we even have possibly four of the teamates names as well as the final 3 and the cast was not even released yet  .
Now if only we can find the final city :lol: ?

I hope someone else can explain better than I can about the production and contracts and all ..:yaya:

Well, I read the small few sentense long thing  in a free "newspaper" on a bus, and I don't have it.

BUT!

I have to eat some of my words of the media not here mentioning anything about it since today I read  in a weekly paper an article about TAR!
And I have scan for you, puddin :D
I also translated it. Here is the scan of article

And here's what it says:

AMAZING RACE WAS HERE?

If the travelling route of Amazing Race would finally reach Finland, then where would
the american reality-tv makers head for? Cultural sights that we don't have, or to the
crowded national parks in Lapland? Eyewitnesses have said that production crew looking
very much like the Amazing Race was seen in the middle on June on obstacle course at swamp
in Ylöjärvi.
Foreign production crew with fire trucks and helicopters circling the sky didn't go
unnoticed by local residents, even thought that security personnel kindly prevented the curious ones
to not come too close. Contestants speaking english ran with yellow/black envelopes and cameramen
filming also a box matching the descriptions of the series clue box on a nearby road.

The area is privately owned beautiful swamp area, which in this time of year has nests of cranes
and swans. At winter the 40 hectare swamp is used for skiing. Owner of the land area is not saying anything,
and the production team is not revealing the routes of the still unseen episodes.
If Amazing Race really visited on Pirkanmaa region, it will still take years until the
episode is seen here. Latest season shown by MTV3 was season 5, but in the US the season
currently on production would be 10th.

That seems to "verify" some of the things that I mentioned before.

(edit: little fixing)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #361 on: July 02, 2006, 06:06:19 PM »
 :jumpy:  :jumpy: :jumpy: Signal ! you made my day  :woohoo:

Signal you haven't seen TAR6/7/8/ or 9 yet ?  if so Major BUMMER  :(  !!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #362 on: July 02, 2006, 06:08:45 PM »
At winter the 40 hectare swamp is used for skiing.
signal just curious , people ski on a swamp ?

eta: or is skiing like sledding to us in the USA?  :-[

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #363 on: July 02, 2006, 06:22:30 PM »
Nevermind me , I'm weird  ! Cross Country skiing :doh: !

just some info
Finland has also a bit different, even weird sports. Have you ever heard about "akankanto", which is a competition of wife carrying, "saappaanheitto, in which people compete about who throws a rubber boot the longest way, "suojalkapallo," where soccer is played in a swamp, "vesijuoksu," where people have running competition in water reaching underarm, or World Championship competitions in sauna bathing? And there is more: competitions in killing mosquitoes or sitting in an anthill, swimming in a hole of frozen lake or fishing through it in the middle of winter and rally driving on a thick-iced, frozen lake. Sounds crazy? They are true, but they may be dangerous so do not attempt at home

Offline Signal

• RFF Not So Newbie
    • TeeVee
« Reply #364 on: July 02, 2006, 07:12:56 PM »
Nevermind me , I'm weird  ! Cross Country skiing :doh: !

just some info
Finland has also a bit different, even weird sports. Have you ever heard about "akankanto", which is a competition of wife carrying, "saappaanheitto, in which people compete about who throws a rubber boot the longest way, "suojalkapallo," where soccer is played in a swamp, "vesijuoksu," where people have running competition in water reaching underarm, or World Championship competitions in sauna bathing? And there is more: competitions in killing mosquitoes or sitting in an anthill, swimming in a hole of frozen lake or fishing through it in the middle of winter and rally driving on a thick-iced, frozen lake. Sounds crazy? They are true, but they may be dangerous so do not attempt at home

Yes, I ment cross country skiing and yes people ski in the winter where ever there's snow :D I have to admit we do have some mmmm interesting sports here (unfortunately).
I have seen all TAR seasons so far ;D here it takes way too long for new series and seasons to come on tv, if they show TAR with the current speed then it will be shown in Finnish TV late 2008 or early 2009  :-\

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #365 on: July 02, 2006, 07:20:14 PM »
See where I live I'm use to people skiing on the slopes  :lol:
So Signal you live in Finland ? but know English so well . Now why is Finnish so hard for me to figure out  :snicker: ?
Anyway we appreciate the translations as well as the news article & spoilers, thanks again Signal   :hearts:

Offline Signal

• RFF Not So Newbie
    • TeeVee
« Reply #366 on: July 02, 2006, 08:05:08 PM »
See where I live I'm use to people skiing on the slopes  :lol:
So Signal you live in Finland ? but know English so well . Now why is Finnish so hard for me to figure out  :snicker: ?
Anyway we appreciate the translations as well as the news article & spoilers, thanks again Signal   :hearts:

Yes people might have slightly different meaning for certain things in another part of the world :D  I would like to say Finnish is not that difficult language at the end, but I can't say so because that would be a lie  ;D
Yes I'm from Finland, and my english is learned from school and tv,  everyone here speaks at least little bit english!

It's good if I have helped with the spoiling. I can't wait the season 10 to begin, so I can see how everything went for them here  :lol:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #367 on: July 02, 2006, 08:30:04 PM »
Well like I said Signal , you sure are a good detective ! So please stick around with us , its always nice to have other opinions because we all see things different and your more than welcome here  :hearts:

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #368 on: July 03, 2006, 08:54:24 AM »
Signal,  Thanks for all of your great work.  You've made a great contribution to the board this season.

There have been very few media stories about the Race while it's been underway.  The most comprehensive reporting of a race leg was during TAR8.  The Amazing Race teams visited the Marshall Space Center in Huntsville, Alabama.  The following moring, the Huntsville Times printed a detailed story of what happened and where the race was scheduled to continue. 

As for photographic evidence of teams during the race, the best occurrence probably happened during Race 5.  A man recevied evidence of the final 3 teams before the race was telecast in the U.S.  But the strange thing is, the task that the final three teams were photgraphed doing, never was shown on the telecast.

Here's a link to his photos.  Oh, he waited until the last week of the race being telecast to post the photos  http://www.hasbrouck.org/blog/archives/000376.html

Also, during Race 7, a fan snapped photos of two of the final three teams in an airport on their way to the finish line.

Offline Signal

• RFF Not So Newbie
    • TeeVee
« Reply #369 on: July 03, 2006, 05:49:33 PM »
Signal,  Thanks for all of your great work.  You've made a great contribution to the board this season.

There have been very few media stories about the Race while it's been underway.  The most comprehensive reporting of a race leg was during TAR8.  The Amazing Race teams visited the Marshall Space Center in Huntsville, Alabama.  The following moring, the Huntsville Times printed a detailed story of what happened and where the race was scheduled to continue. 

As for photographic evidence of teams during the race, the best occurrence probably happened during Race 5.  A man recevied evidence of the final 3 teams before the race was telecast in the U.S.  But the strange thing is, the task that the final three teams were photgraphed doing, never was shown on the telecast.

Here's a link to his photos.  Oh, he waited until the last week of the race being telecast to post the photos  http://www.hasbrouck.org/blog/archives/000376.html

Also, during Race 7, a fan snapped photos of two of the final three teams in an airport on their way to the finish line.

Thanks for the link to the photos!
I knew that they of course edit a lot of the material, but I wasn't aware that they have edited out a whole task, that sucks!
I guess the most important thing for the production is to hide where they're going next or otherwise people would be waiting them at their next location. If I would've known they were coming to Finland, I would've placed my whole family to all airports to wait for them  :lol:
I'm happy they were here because when on TAR 6 they went Iceland -> Norway -> Sweden and then not come here but instead flew to Senegal made me go  (:;)

But anyway, season 10 seems to be quite intresting so I'm eagerly waitng for it!

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #370 on: July 03, 2006, 05:52:39 PM »
Sweet Jesus.

I lose my internet connection two days after the race starts and when I finally get my connection up and running again, you guys have gotten what seems like almost everything.

I wonder if this is due to AR becoming so well known now in the world? 

Give you guys a few more weeks and CBS will be able to save money and let you guys to the press release for the new season.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #371 on: July 03, 2006, 05:54:49 PM »
Pedlar

That is so cool, I had never heard of another task at the end of Season 5.

So far the worst generally spoiler I had read was the final three telling people ont heir flight back to the US what they were doing.  What a way to ruin that season for me.

Offline FrostieJ

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
  • Amazing Racer
« Reply #372 on: July 04, 2006, 11:00:16 AM »
Somebody buy me a drink!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #373 on: July 04, 2006, 11:04:57 AM »
Thanks Joni :yaya:

actually Slowhatch gets credits for the video link .
 Too bad the other sites don't credit their sources sometimes  .
« Last Edit: July 04, 2006, 01:00:13 PM by puddin »

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #374 on: July 04, 2006, 07:40:28 PM »
No worries, we're one big happy family here;  :waves: if you see something good, Frostie, go ahead and share. The people here will often reach the same result through different routes and "gmta" can be heard from time to time.
About Watertown: I found the cap below from the News10 site. Although Miss Pelletier wasn't interviewed for the story, she did make it back in time for the Sat. night ceremony.