Author Topic: Amazing Race 10 Spoilers  (Read 480749 times)

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Amazing Race 10 Spoilers
« Reply #325 on: June 27, 2006, 11:08:40 AM »
Were still loooking for End City , Boingo ! Wanna help   :lol: ?

Sure, here's my short list!   ;D

Seattle
New York City
 :groan:
Edited to add: If finish line was anywhere other than on "left coast", then chances are it was a pretty soggy finale.  >:(
« Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 11:15:21 AM by Boingo »

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #326 on: June 27, 2006, 11:16:30 AM »
Updated route spec, best as I can figure it out from everything posted so far...

EP1: Seattle, Washington (USA) to Beijing, China
DATES: May 27-29, 2006
EV: Teams start on Kite Hill in Gasworks Park, near Burke Gilman Trail, teams spotted by pilot in Seattle airport, teams spotted on plane (blonde F/F specifically)
TASKS: UNKNOWN
TEAMS: 11 left after episode

EP2: Beijing, China to Terelj, Mongolia
DATES: May 30-31, 2006
EV: Mongolian blogger helps Lynn/Karlyn
TASKS: Train to Chinese/Mongolian border, Chojin Lama monastery in Ulan Bator, proceed to Terelj
TEAMS: 10 left after episode

EP3: Terelj, Mongolia to Devonport/Auckland, New Zealand
DATES: June 1-2, 2006
EV: Sighting at ferry in Devonport (just outside of Auckland)
TEAMS: 9 left after episode

EP4: Devonport/Auckland, New Zealand to Queenstown, New Zealand
DATES: June 3-4, 2006
EV: Rented field?, teams spotted on flight from Queenstown in South New Zealand
TEAMS: 8 left after episode

EP5: Devonport/Auckland, New Zealand to UNKNOWN (maybe Singapore)
DATES: June 5-6, 2006
EV: Teams spotted on flight from Queenstown to Auckland (en route to Singapore)
TEAMS: 7 left after episode

EP6: UNKNOWN to UNKNOWN
DATES: June 7-8, 2006
EV: UNKNOWN
TEAMS: 6 left after episode

EP7: UNKNOWN to Kuwait City, Kuwait
DATES: June 9-10, 2006
EV: Teams spotted in airport
TASKS: Drive to Kuwait Towers
TEAMS: SIX left at START of episode (Asian team, blonde F/F, Lynn/Karlyn, Tyler/James, M/F (yellow shirts), brunette M/F); FIVE left at END of episode (Asian team, blonde F/F, Lynn/Karlyn, Tyler/James, brunette M/F), yellow shirt M/F eliminated -- no sign of them in Mauritius video

EP8: Kuwait City, Kuwait to Grand Baie, Mauritius
DATES: June 11-12, 2006
EV: Teams spotted on beach in AM of June 12
TASKS: Something involving kayaks near Merville Beach Hotel
TEAMS: NEL? 5 left at END of episode (Asian team, blonde F/F, Lynn/Karlyn, Tyler/James, brunette M/F) ?

EP9: Grand Baie, Mauritius to Madagascar
DATES: June 13-14, 2006
EV: Finnish taxi driver's testimony
TEAMS: 4 left at END of episode (brunette M/F eliminated? -- only team not accounted for in Finland)

EP10: Madagascar to Lohja, Finland
DATES: June 15-17, 2006
EV: Finnish taxi driver’s testimony
TASKS: Climbing tower at Helsingin Olympiastadionilla, fly from Helsinki to Tampere, proceed to Ylojarvi, train to Turku, task at quarries in Lohja -- all spottings June 16(??)
TEAMS: 4 left at START of episode (Asian team, blonde F/F, Lynn/Karlyn, Tyler/James) -- NEL?

EP11: Lohja, Finland to UNKNOWN
DATES: June 18-20, 2006
EV:  UNKNOWN
TEAMS: 3 teams left at END of episode (Lynn/Karlyn eliminated, sent as decoys to NYC?)

EP12a: UNKNOWN to Barcelona, Spain
DATES: June 21 (arriving around 8:35pm) – June 22, 2006 (ending in afternoon)
EV: Spotted/Race agenda revealed
TASKS: Something involving tomatoes, something in Colonia Guell (art picture car?), something at Maremagnum
TEAMS: NEL? 3 teams left at END of hour (Asian team, blonde F/F, Tyler/James)

EP12b: Barcelona, Spain to UNKNOWN
DATES: June 23-24, 2006
EV: UNKNOWN
TEAMS: 3 teams race to finish

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #327 on: June 27, 2006, 11:25:03 AM »
Nicely done mwooden  :jumpy: ! I'm going to add your route spec to page one of this thread

Boingo I know what you mean about "soggy!" I'm one of the lucky ones that lives in a very high elevation , no flooding here .
What about Florida for End City ? like TAR7 ? just a guess .
« Last Edit: July 01, 2006, 02:02:43 AM by puddin »

Offline Signal

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Not So Newbie
    • TeeVee
« Reply #328 on: June 27, 2006, 01:42:10 PM »
Updated route spec, best as I can figure it out from everything posted so far...

EV: Finnish taxi driver's testimony
TEAMS: 4 left at END of episode (brunette M/F eliminated? -- only team not accounted for in Finland)

EP10: Madagascar to Lohja, Finland
EV: Finnish taxi driver’s testimony
TASKS: Climbing tower at Helsingin Olympiastadionilla, fly from Helsinki to Tampere, proceed to Ylojarvi, train to Turku, task at quarries in Lohja -- all spottings June 16(??)
TEAMS: 4 left at START of episode (Asian team, blonde F/F, Lynn/Karlyn, Tyler/James) -- NEL?

EP11: Lohja, Finland to UNKNOWN
EV:   UNKNOWN
TEAMS: 3 teams left at END of episode (Lynn/Karlyn eliminated, sent as decoys to NYC?)

For what I know, I would fix it for these parts:

EV: Told by one racer "couple" to a finnish  woman in the train

EP10: Madagascar to Helsinki, Finland (seen arriving to the airport from unknown location june 16th)
EV: Told by one racer "couple" to a finnish  woman in the train
TASKS: Climbing tower at Helsingin Olympiastadionilla, not known how they travelled from Helsinki to Tampere (maybe with a train since teams with cameras spotted in the train station), proceed to Ylojarvi and back to Tampere, train to Turku where cars waiting at the station, task at quarries in Lohja -- all spottings June 16(??)

EP11: Lohja, Finland to UNKNOWN Not known if Lohja was the pitstop, if so then I'm dissapointed
EV:   UNKNOWN

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #329 on: June 27, 2006, 02:11:17 PM »
Cool -- thanks, Signal!

Signal, do you know if all the Finland stuff happened 6/16? It seems like a lot. Maybe we have 2 legs in Finland before they move on to Spain?

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #330 on: June 27, 2006, 04:08:00 PM »
Speaking of the Finnish spoiler.  I got this translation from a friend of mine who is Finnish. 

Here's my friend's translation:

Tällä hetkellä Amazing Race 10 -kauden kuvaukset  ovat käynnissä ympäri maailmaa, ja siihen saattaa liittyä eräs spoileri, joka saattaa kiinnostaa monia. Tieto ei siis spoilaa mitenkään lopputuloksia, vaan lähinnä paikkoja, missä kilpailijat ovat käyneet.

AT THE MOMENT AR 10- FILMING IS GOING ON ALL AROUND THE WORLD, AND THERE MAY BE ONE SPOILERTHAT INTRESTS MANY. INFORMATION IS NOT SPOILING THE FINAL RESULTS, ONLY THE PLACES WHERE THE COMPETITORS HAVE VISITED.

Spoilaa

Useiden nettisivujen mukaan kyseistä kautta on 16.6. kuvattu Helsingissä ja Turussa. Joidenkin lähteiden mukaan kilpailijat kävivät Helsingin Olympiastadionilla, mutta ilmeisesti kilpailijat ovat käyneet myös Turussa. Tämä ei tosin ole vielä mitään faktaa, joten todennäköisesti asiaa joudutaan odottamaan aina syksyyn asti, jolloin Amerikassa näytetään sarjan kymmenes tuotantokausi. Spoilereiden mukaan kilpailijat ovat käyneet myös mm. Mongoliassa, Mauritiuksella ja Kuwaitissa, ja tämä tieto on lähes täysin varmaa. Kaudella 10 poikkeuksellisesti kierretään maapalloa länteen päin, aikaisemminhan se on ollut toisin.

ACCORDING TO THE MANY WEB PAGES THE FILMING TOOK PLACE (JUNE 16TH) IN HELSINKI AND TURKU. SOME SOURCES CLAIM THAT THE COMPETITORS HAVE VISITED THE OLYMPIC STADIUM IN HELSINKI BUT EVIDENTLY HAVE VISITED ALSO TURKU. ALTHOUGH IT'S NOT A FACT YET AND APPARENTLY TO PROVE IT WE HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL SEPTEMBER WHEN THE 10TH PRODUCTION TERM WILL BE SHOWED IN USA. ACCORDING TO THE SPOILERS THE COMPETITORS HAVE ALSO VISITED MONGOLIA, MAURITUS AND KUWAIT AND FOR SURE THIS INFORMATION IS ALMOST PROVED. DURING THE 10 TH TERM THE RACE MOVES AROUND THE EARTH WESTWARDS BEFORE IT HAS BEEN THE OTHER WAY.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Signal

• RFF Not So Newbie
    • TeeVee
« Reply #331 on: June 27, 2006, 04:18:40 PM »
Cool -- thanks, Signal!

Signal, do you know if all the Finland stuff happened 6/16? It seems like a lot. Maybe we have 2 legs in Finland before they move on to Spain?

Well, they were seen in Helsinki-Vantaa airport 16th, climbing the Helsinki Olympic Stadium tower 16th, Tampere and Ylöjärvi 16th, Turku 16th, so it looks like all happened same day. But I have to say that many have said that they've seen the participants here in the weekend (17th-18th) also, but cannot confirm that. The cars were seen in the highway probably going to port of Hanko in early last week, but I think they were just returning the cars to Germany, since the cars seen had german license plates just like in Turku. As mentioned before they were supposed to go Lohja with cars from Turku and there's no sightings after Turku so they could've went anywhere,  it's possible that there was other tasks to do somewhere and maybe they had to spent a night somewhere? that's just a guess.

It does seem quite a lot for one day, but example train trip Helsinki-Tampere takes just 2 hours, Ylöjärvi is less than 20 km's from Tampere, and train from Tampere to Turku takes about 2 hours also, so it's not that much travelling.

To me it sounds very boring actually, so I really hope they went some other places.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 04:27:39 PM by Signal »

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #332 on: June 27, 2006, 04:24:37 PM »
Thanks, Signal! That clears some things up.  :tup:

ETA: Here's a possible Finland timeline...

DEPART Madagascar on June 15
Flights leave Antananarivo at 12:50am, arrive in Helsinki at either 4:25 or 7:25pm
Teams are bunched somewhere (tower at Helsinki Olympic Stadium) until morning of 6/16
Gates open at 9:00am? (according to website)
Teams climb tower (roadblock?)
Take 2 hour train trip to Tampere, arrive around noon?
Go to Ylojarvi (arrive around 12:30), do task (detour)?
Go back to Tampere train station
Take 2 hour train trip to Turku (depart around 3:00?)
Depart Turku around 5:20 (time teams were sighted)
Teams proceed to Lohja (arrive around 7:30? Signal -- 2 hours to get from Turku to Lohja?)
Do something at mines in Lohja?
Pitstop?

Seems like a lot of driving, but not unreasonable timing-wise.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 04:53:33 PM by mwooden »

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #333 on: June 27, 2006, 10:13:23 PM »
Guys, I think we have a the final city of our race!!!! :jam:

Thanks to  Coretti    over at TWOPS

"Today @ 3:37 pm

So, uh, I think I *may* have come across racers today. I do not have actual 100% confirmation that it was TAR, but this is what I saw:

~1:15 PM, 6/24/06
49th between 6th and Rock. Center, right outside one of the NBC entrances (not that they were going in).
All female African-American team (as mentioned in that thread that was linked to on the last page)
Getting out of a cab that was from Newark (which made it stand out more from the traditional NYC cabs).
Two crew with them - one boom mic operator, one cameraman.

The girls got out of the cab and asked a local for directions - the mic operator then had to get the person to sign a release and the team looked very impatient while they were waiting.

The biggest tip-off for me was that one of the crew had a yellow "K" tag, and having just re-watched Season 7, it looked exactly like the tags that everyone has on their bags.

Again, I hope this isn't a fluke, and apologize if this was inadvertently a team on some other reality show - but given the timeline I'm reading, this might just fit."

Hopes this helps.!!!

Checked and this makes sense that the girls were sent to New York directly from Helsinki as DECOYS.  Newark International Airport (EWR) lists flights from Helsinki arriving via Continental Airlines from Helskini with plane changes in either Copenhagen or Amsterdam.  Arrival times are 11:45AM and 11:50AM.  This would fit nicely with trip through customs and taxi ride (26 miles) to Rockefeller Center arriving at 1:15PM.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #334 on: June 27, 2006, 11:40:57 PM »
They bumble around Rock center for a while.  Then they hop on a plane sometime between 3 and 9 pm and fly to ??? arriving by 7 am so they can get set up at the finish mat.

What flights do this?

Okay, I found out:  Just about all of them.   :groan:
« Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 11:45:04 PM by Chateau d If »
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #335 on: June 28, 2006, 12:49:21 AM »
I'm still stuck on End City being Florida  B:) B:) ,I'm just thinking outloud ..
The race starts where TAR3 ended .
TAR3 started at Everglades National Park..then Lynn & Alex sent as decoys through NY .

yada yada no luck

http://filmflorida.com/index.cfm
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 01:16:37 AM by puddin »

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #336 on: June 28, 2006, 03:06:55 AM »
So here's what we have? (My brain's taking a break for the exam period; no detective work for me these two weeks.)

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #337 on: June 28, 2006, 08:07:58 AM »
I'm still stuck on End City being Florida  B:) B:) ,I'm just thinking outloud ..
The race starts where TAR3 ended .
TAR3 started at Everglades National Park..then Lynn & Alex sent as decoys through NY .

yada yada no luck

http://filmflorida.com/index.cfm

that would be very funny if they ended there puddin. but im still thinking atlanta for some odd reason.

Offline charlierose

• RFF Full Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #338 on: June 28, 2006, 08:38:33 AM »
But the BIG question here is where did they go after Barcelona, before the US. Any gueses???? ???

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #339 on: June 28, 2006, 08:45:00 AM »
san juan purto rico is my guess.

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #340 on: June 28, 2006, 10:02:11 AM »
Over at sucks, they're talking about Nova Scotia. From Barcelona, could be pretty much anywhere.

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #341 on: June 28, 2006, 10:07:58 AM »
Over at sucks, they're talking about Nova Scotia. From Barcelona, could be pretty much anywhere.

but the guy is a day a 2 late with his info.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #342 on: June 28, 2006, 11:08:59 AM »
Ireland??

Just for the record, there are 72 flights/connecting flights from Barcelona to Newark Airport with three arriving in mid-morning, but one leaves at 3:30AM, the other two are with the same connections in Amsterdam and Copenhagen as the two flights from Helsinki to EWR.  So the girls could have, might have, left from Barcelona for Newark.

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #343 on: June 28, 2006, 11:20:07 AM »
Don't they traditionally hit a US state or territory before hitting the mainland/final city for customs reasons? The direction of this race makes me think it's San Juan again also. I wonder if the the US Virgin Islands could accomplish the same thing as San Juan? San Juan to Atlanta or Houston has many non-stop flight choices.

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #344 on: June 28, 2006, 12:02:02 PM »
Don't they traditionally hit a US state or territory before hitting the mainland/final city for customs reasons?

Sups, In Race 5, they went directly from Calgary to the U.S.  That's because in some Canadian airports you can pass through U.S. Immigration and Customs at the Canadian airport.  A couple of years ago, I flew from Montreal to Chicago and when we landed it was no different than a U.S. to U.S. flight.

I've also flown from Shannon, Ireland to Atlanta.  There, you go through U.S. immigration in Ireland, but still must go through Customs in Atlanta.

Here's a link that shows the Canadian and Caribbean airports that U.S. travelers can pre clear U.S. Immigration and Customs.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._customs_preclearance  (at bottom of page)

Of course, they could go to a U.S. territory in the Caribbean like in race 7.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #345 on: June 28, 2006, 12:52:26 PM »
On that note I'm betting on Antigua.

Phil was standing next to this flag at his standup for last Roadblock (he was next to Canada too).  He has said that he has never been there and wants to go.

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #346 on: June 28, 2006, 03:57:03 PM »
I'd love to see them go to Antigua. I went there a year ago. It's so beautiful but St. Lucia was by far the most beautiful island I saw. According to the link they could come through the Bahamas. That would be a good choice also.

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #347 on: June 29, 2006, 02:00:51 PM »
A little rampant speculation:

There's room for a leg in between Finland and Spain. The team spotted in Croatia way, way back wouldn't fit our timeline as it stands, but maybe they were a test team, like TPTB have said run the race ahead of time? So maybe Dubrovnik could fit into our race here? Might give you Googlers something to do while we're waiting for the next solid piece of info.  :js: ETA: if the racers were in Dubrovnik, they would have been there between June 18 and 20, give or take a day on the front end.

Offline Signal

• RFF Not So Newbie
    • TeeVee
« Reply #348 on: July 01, 2006, 11:36:24 AM »
I got some new info,

Few sources have said that the race continued to Belarus after Finland. And I don't think it was just a connection point.
Oh and also there is some info about their "task" in Ylöjärvi. Obviously it was some kind of obstacle course at swamp :D
The landowner of the area is keeping his mouth shut, but nearby neighbours reported a helicopter and lots of people including security who kept the nosy ones far. The famous clue box was also seen there.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #349 on: July 01, 2006, 12:16:36 PM »
Signal Thank you so much !! :yaya:

Swamp = wet socks !