Author Topic: Reality TV show winners (Former)  (Read 4413 times)

Offline Cole

• 'RFF Hottie' - This is my life
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Sunshine
    • It's you. Not me.
Reality TV show winners (Former)
« on: May 31, 2006, 12:32:05 PM »
So I was thinking what happened to Harlem Lee from the reality show FAME and created this thread so people could post updates on winners from past shows and where they are now.....I found this blurb about Harlem:

"Winning a reality TV show isn’t necessarily all its chalked up to be, especially if that show sucks and is called Fame. NBC’s talent search show was won by Harlem Lee, and the show’s web site still congratulates him. The About page is oddly missing, but we have runned down the prizes: “a one-year representation deal” with Johnny Wright, “a guarantee that the winner record a single under Wright’s record label Wire Records,” “one year of training” with The Debbie Allen Dance Academy, a suite in a W Hotel for a year, and, finally, One of the top Hollywood agencies will guide their careers and living expenses will also be provided.” Yet winner Harlem Lee has only received the W Hotel prize so far. Without it, he says he “would be completely penniless and homeless” because “I have yet to receive the bulk of the career-enhancing prizes promised to the winner.” He says, “The justification given to me for all this has been that my story was not ‘compelling enough’ (their own words) to warrant the high-profile TV appearances and marketing resources that would have given me a decent shot at capitalizing on my national ‘FAME’ exposure.” Better, “the contractual nature of the FAME Prize Package has immobilized me from regaining control of my career,” he says."
« Last Edit: May 31, 2006, 12:42:39 PM by Cole »
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" RFF official web board antagonist naked flamin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' stalker \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
Google Talk - nikeos@gmail.com

[IM

Offline Cole

• 'RFF Hottie' - This is my life
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Sunshine
    • It's you. Not me.
Re: Reality TV show winners (Former)
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2006, 07:44:49 AM »
Winner of Mole 2:

Dorothy is back living in New York City, where she is marketing manager of new media for rock and pop at Universal Motown Records, and plays bass and sings in her third band.
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" RFF official web board antagonist naked flamin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' stalker \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
Google Talk - nikeos@gmail.com

[IM