Author Topic: BJ and TYLER WIN!!  (Read 9207 times)

Offline becand75

• RFF Not So Newbie
BJ and TYLER WIN!!
« on: May 17, 2006, 08:52:05 PM »
BJ AND TYLER WIN!!!    :jumpy:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: BJ and TYLER WIN!!
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2006, 08:54:33 PM »
 :jumpy: :woohoo: :jumpy: :woohoo: :jumpy: :woohoo:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2006, 09:00:09 PM »

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2006, 09:03:26 PM »
I can't stop doing the happy dance!!!!!!!

:woo2: :woo2: :woo2: :woo2: :woo2: :piano::piano::piano::piano: :piano: :Cdance: :Cdance: :Cdance: :Cdance: :Cdance:
:dance:

Offline charlierose

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Full Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2006, 09:16:16 PM »
I am so happy. Finally my favorite team wins!!!!!

:hrt: :hearts: :jumpy:

Offline Mizzou02RS

• RFF Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2006, 09:25:30 PM »
TTOW, BABY!!!!!!!!!

:hearts: :jumpy: :jam: :jam: :jam: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2006, 09:32:38 PM »
 TTOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW !!!!

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2006, 09:37:27 PM »
 :lol: I'm gonna say TTOW all day at work tomorrow and see who knows why I'm saying it. Should be able to spot who's cool and who's not (although I already have a pretty good idea).

Offline bethgio33

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2006, 09:39:49 PM »
 :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Offline Reality Junkee

• 'RFF's Resident Chocoholic'
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2006, 11:04:59 PM »
 :hearts: :jumpy: :hrt: :woohoo: :hearts: :jumpy: :hrt: :woohoo: :hearts: :jumpy: :hrt: :woohoo:

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Cheers from the Eiffel Tower
    • Carrot Sticks & Cottage Cheese
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2006, 09:04:45 AM »
supsandalee, I overheard my kids saying this last week. I just about bust a gut. LOL
When all is said and done, there is nothing more to say.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2006, 09:34:27 AM »
LOL the bowling moms wore BJ /Tyler shirts at TarCon
over at TwoP's the members share their albums, good times !!

http://forums.televisionwithoutpity.com/index.php?showtopic=3139163&st=390

Offline cinni

• mind is tiffany twisted
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2006, 09:37:33 AM »
LOL the bowling moms wore BJ /Tyler shirts at TarCon

:hearts:  stil love, love the bowling moms. glad to see them having fun with it too.
always remember....when life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2006, 09:43:20 AM »
cinni  :waves:  !!I hope the  Bowling moms for AllStars  :jumpy:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2006, 10:03:34 AM »
'Team Hippie' Takes 'Amazing Race 9'

NEW YORK, May 18, 2006
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(CBS) In the end, brains won out over brawn.

The hippies were hip enough to wind up on top in the ninth edition of "The Amazing Race."

In an exciting finish, the popular and fun-loving BJ and Tyler topped "Frat Boys" Eric and Jeremy.

The final episode, which aired Wednesday night, took the three remaining teams from Bangkok, Thailand to the race's starting point, Denver.

Eric and Jeremy continued to dominate, but BJ and Tyler held tight and passed them during the last flag challenge.

Dating couple Ray and Yolanda seemed to be in third place the whole episode and couldn't get it together.

All three teams made their final pit stop on The Early Show Thursday, with BJ and Tyler each picking up checks for $500,000 from "Race" host Phil Keoghan.

And, you could say Ray and Yolanda won big, depsite their third-place "Race" spot.

Ray shocked Yolanda by proposing, live, on his knees, in the plaza Thursday.

"I think the race was, I mean, it was a once in a lifetime experience," TRay said, "and I mean, you got to hang out with hippies and frat boys but, most of all, sharing the race with Yolanda. It was something that was special. I would have not been here if it wasn't for you, and, you're like everything I've dreamed of my whole life. Will you marry me?"

With onlookers cheering wildly, she said yes, tears streaming down her face.

Everybody then had cake and toasted the thrilled couple.

When Phil presented BJ and Tyler with their checks, he said they "really embraced this race. They enjoyed every single moment they were on this race, whether they were in first or in last. They kept their spirit all the way to the end. ... And you have a $1 million between you. Do with it whatever you want. Maybe look at getting, you know, a stylist or something!

Phil was referring to the long-haired, bearded, shagy look both "hippies" embraced throughout the race, and again in the plaza Thursday.

BJ showed up wearing a purple pirate's outfit, kiddingly saying, "This is just how we dress now. We're rich. And we're not going to hide it."

Tyler joked said he wasn't surprised they won because, "Before the race we Tivoed the last episode and saw that we won. So it wasn't a surprise to us."

He added, "The No. 1 goal for us was to finish the race. Winning was going to be a bonus ride," wiht which BJ disagreed, noting, "We wanted the full experience of 'The Amazing Race.' And the way to make that the most full is to win."When co-anchor Rene Syler asked Eric and Jeremy what happened to them during the competiton, Jeremy conceded, "Oh, man. The brains (the hippies) came in (at the flag challenge, which wrapped up the race), and that's where we just failed miserably. They got the brains. Obviously, we can run faster than them. But, man, then it comes to brains, me and Eric are just lost right there."

Added Eric, "We just blew it. We had a chance and we really just messed it up. We can't blame anybody but ourselves. Good job for the hippies."

Ray said taking part in the race "strengthened our (his and Yolanda's)relationship. We get an opportunity to see the entire world with someone you care about and go places you dream of. And places you don't even dream you ever will be. And be with someone that you care about. I mean, that's an amazing experience in and of itself."

Yolanda agreed, saying, "It's weird when you really want to be in the front and then you're not in the front. But you just have to focus on the good times, how fun and exciting the race is and just stop worrying about coming in first all the time."

"The race definitely does that," Phil concurred. "With the relationships, it definitely tests them. Obviously, emotionally, (the teams) are going to a place that they've never been to before. We saw that with these guys, certainly."

He continued, "I just love when we have that real contrast. Eric and Jeremy, B.J. and Tyler, Ray and Yolanda. The three teams that we had a the end are so completely and utterly different. From the best legs ever on 'The Amazing Race' (he meant Yolanda's) to two guys who are completely consumed with finding hotties around the world (Eric and Jeremy) to two other guys who haven't seen a shaver for goodness knows how long (BJ and Tyler)."

For details on how the final episode played out, click here.

For details on the race's conclusion, click here.

To learn how the final three teams reacted in the episode to the race's end, click here.

To visit the official Web site of "The Amazing Race 9," click here.

As that site put it, "After nine countries, 59,000 miles, and two close calls with elimination, best friends BJ & Tyler won a seesaw battle against rivals Eric & Jeremy to claim the one million dollar prize. From Japan to Alaska and back to Red Rocks Amphitheatre in Colorado, the two Teams traded positions as they had throughout the Race until BJ pulled ahead of Eric at the final Roadblock to score his Team a victory. After a series of navigational woes, dating couple Ray & Yolanda finished a distant third."

BJ Averell, 26, is an online tutor from Los Angeles. His best friend, Tyler MacNiven, is a filmmaker from San Francisco.

Jeremy Ryan is a 26-year-old valet, and his friend Eric Sanchez is a 27-year-old waiter. Both live in Fort Lauderdale, Fla.

Science teacher Yolanda Brown-Moore, 27, and attorney Ray Whitty, 31, both of Chicago, were dating when "Race" was taped. Now, they're engaged!

( Video Link )

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/05/18/earlyshow/series/amazingrace/main1628216.shtml

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2006, 10:09:33 AM »
 :js:

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2006, 10:11:39 AM »
Awwwww, I should have called in sick today to see the show.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2006, 10:11:40 AM »
 :hrt: She said YES

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2006, 10:12:37 AM »
Video link above Sups or at the site  :hearts:

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2006, 11:14:49 AM »
Wow Ray did good! He gets extra points for the Tiffany's box. :hrt:

Offline cinni

• mind is tiffany twisted
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2006, 11:21:41 AM »
wow, ray is better looking when he's not scowling or wearing anything on his head. congrats to them!

i loved the way they worked the japanese business men for money. they thought that yolanda looked like janet jackson. i hope they have a great life together.
always remember....when life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over!

Offline FloridaFan

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2006, 07:23:55 PM »
Here are websites if you want to learn more about Tyler and BJ:

BJ's myspace:
http://myspace.com/bjaverell

From BJ's site, you can find Jeremy, Eric, and Desiree's myspace pages since they are 3 of BJ's top eight friends, with Tyler being a 4th.

Tyler's myspace:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=31605968

Tyler's home page:
http://tylermacniven.com/

Tyler's girl friend (Ayumi Meegan) blog:
http://www.ayumimeegan.com/

Tyler's family's restaurant:
http://www.buckswoodside.com/

Tyler's summary of his movie, Kintaro Walks Japan
http://www.buckswoodside.com/kintaro/

Tyler's movie, Kintaro Walks Japan:
http://www.kintarowalksjapan.com/

Go straight to see the movie at:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3067683435545761102&q=kintaro+walks+japan

Tyler's dad's bio, including the comment that he was a hippie himself along with history of the restaurant:
http://www.buckswoodside.com/history/index.html

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2006, 02:41:43 PM »
Congrats to my fave team.  I am so happy they won.  Actually I liked all the teams in the final 3 and I was happy if anyone of them got the big prize but BJ/Tyler were my absolute fave.

FloridaFan thanks for all the links you posted, I will check them all out.  I am so sad this TAR has ended as the frat boys and BJ/Tyler amused me everyweek with their actions or comments.  I think we should send Jeremy back to school to learn more about "Mt. Tokyo"  :lol: :lol:

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2006, 04:10:16 PM »
Been trolling the web for TARCON 9 pictures.  Here's link to someones TarCon 9 photos.   :lol:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2006, 05:45:26 PM »
great article here    :lol3: