Author Topic: EP5 Title : "Good Thing I Took That Human Anatomy Class in High School"  (Read 74002 times)

Offline libra

• RFF Jr. Member
Re: EP5 Title : "Good Thing I Took That Human Anatomy Class in High School"
« Reply #100 on: March 23, 2006, 11:41:40 AM »
Unfortunately that pic above doesn't help much, I think it's not in town so it's likely the path to the roadblock.

Or the path to the pitstop which I think is the Segesta temple. It is on Banzai's google pic and you can see the path you have to walk from the parking area. Banzai, can you tell how far it is from the theater to the temple? I guestimated just under a mile.

Roadblock: Segesta amphitheater
Pitstop: Segesta temple

Is it possible to walk from theater to temple? I see...so E/J could be really ahead on their way to the pitstop and not to roadblock?  ???

We see Lake driving in the preview, do you think he's driving to the roadblock?

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #101 on: March 23, 2006, 11:50:14 AM »
Let's see if I have my dates up to date:

Saturday, Nov. 12 Moscow arrive and continue on to Frankfurt/Stuttgart/Munich.  Only Beach Boys, LakeMichelle, Hippies make it out of Moscow tonight.

Sunday, Nov. 13 Other teams leave Moscow.  Stuttgart, Bad Tolz, Bavaria Film, Munich Siegestor. Third Team eliminated. Overnight Pit stop.  First teams arrives at Pit Stop around 3:30PM

Monday, Nov. 14 3:30AM first teams leave Pit Stop for Munich Airport. Fly to Palermo, Italy via Rome. Detour: Wring it or Ring it; Roadblock: Putting Humpty Dumpty Back Together Again!

Flight schedules out of Munich via Rome or Milan arrive in Palermo, Sicily,Italy:

LH 3896    LV 7:05AM      Via Milano     AR Palermo 11:20AM

LH 2830    LV 9:25AM      Via Rome      AR Palermo 2:00PM

LH 3856    LV 9:25AM      Via Rome      AR Palermo at 1:25PM or 2:00PM

No problem for the Beach Boys to make the 7:05AM Lufthansa flight to Palermo arriving at 11:20AM

The last arriving teams which arrived at the Siegestor after darkness (4:46PM) so lets say around 6:00PM since the first three teams seemed to maintain a 2 to 3 hour lead on the others.  These teams may not make the first flight and would again fall way behind.  But we do see Lake and Michelle together at the Detour with the Double Dees, so we can assume perhaps that all the teams made it onto the early Lufthansa flight.  A typical TPTB TAR Bunch Point.

Some speculation on whether we would have a Fast Forward and/oir a NEL on this leg.  In three of the last four TARs (5, 7, and 8) we had our first FAST FORWARD and our first NEL on Leg 5.  Now we have a problem.  In past TARS 6 and 7 we had a leg which continued until the next episode and was counted as ONE leg stretching over two episodes.

So although this is EPISODE FIVE it is only LEG FOUR.  So unless history is being changed, the first day in Sicily will be an ELIMINATION LEG without a FAST FORWARD.   There is a real good chance that the following week (EP6 will be our first FF and first NEL.)

However, just to confuse matters.  I am still not positive that our first day in Moscow was not intended to be the end of Leg 3. It just doesn't seem logical to stop in Moscow without a pit stop but continue on to Frankfurt, etc. There may have been a last minute change in the schedule but with productions being planned monhs in advance, the first day in Italy may have actually been planned as Leg 5 and therefore most likely would have a Fast Forward and a NEL planned.  With the change in Moscow with the treams continuing on to Germany as a continuation of Leg 3, it may have been too late to change production plans in Italy. So although it is technically only Leg 4, we may in fact have our first FF and our first NEL

If indeed we do find evidence of a Fast Forward (unannounced) it may very well be Fran and Barry since we have not seen them so far in any of the Detour or Roadblock tasks.  And , once again, David and Lori may this time be saved by the NEL.

So we have some work for us to sleuth on for the next several days.

Good hunting. But let's keep our options open.

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #102 on: March 23, 2006, 11:52:05 AM »

Behind Lori there's something. It's either an extra statue or Lori messed up that one and they threw away. It could be part of the ruin too. Later on we see the orange guy and the woman look at it.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2006, 12:01:33 PM by banzai »

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #103 on: March 23, 2006, 11:59:25 AM »
Banzai, can you tell how far it is from the theater to the temple? I guestimated just under a mile.

yes, it's under a mile. Thanks to Google Earth.

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #104 on: March 23, 2006, 12:00:43 PM »
Unfortunately that pic above doesn't help much, I think it's not in town so it's likely the path to the roadblock.

Or the path to the pitstop which I think is the Segesta temple. It is on Banzai's google pic and you can see the path you have to walk from the parking area. Banzai, can you tell how far it is from the theater to the temple? I guestimated just under a mile.

Roadblock: Segesta amphitheater
Pitstop: Segesta temple

Is it possible to walk from theater to temple? I see...so E/J could be really ahead on their way to the pitstop and not to roadblock?  ???

We see Lake driving in the preview, do you think he's driving to the roadblock?

It's a winding road and the temple has a parking lot so they would drive. Mind you, the pitstop has not been determined - it's just my best guess. If you're talking about this pic of Lake then yes. The countryside is in the background and not the city. It looks like teams stay in Palermo for the detours and don't get their own car until it's time to leave the city for the roadblock (MoJo are in a cab in the city).

Here is a Palermo side street for comparisons for the laundry detour.

Offline libra

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #105 on: March 23, 2006, 12:10:43 PM »
The last arriving teams which arrived at the Siegestor after darkness (4:46PM) so lets say around 6:00PM since the first three teams seemed to maintain a 2 to 3 hour lead on the others.  These teams may not make the first flight and would again fall way behind.  But we do see Lake and Michelle together at the Detour with the Double Dees, so we can assume perhaps that all the teams made it onto the early Lufthansa flight.  A typical TPTB TAR Bunch Point.

Eric/Jeremy, BJ/Tyler, Lake/M did the test track when it opened at 8:30.

The other teams arrived at Stuttgart station at 11:15 (time was shown), then they took a taxi, let's assume 10-15 mins, so 11:30 started test track.

So there's a 3 hours difference to begin with.

I think the only way for all teams to make 7:05 flight to Palermo is a delayed flight.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2006, 12:31:42 PM by libra »

Offline charlierose

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Full Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #106 on: March 23, 2006, 12:21:29 PM »
I really think that  production is doing thing completely different just to make things more interesting.

Lets expect the unexpected for this episode. ???

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #107 on: March 23, 2006, 12:26:03 PM »
While sluething around I came across an exact match for the BJ/Tyler cap even though we assumed it was at the Segesta theater. It is as you are descending into the theater. I find it hilarious that we could tell it was the hippies just by their silhouettes.  :lol:

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #108 on: March 23, 2006, 12:40:23 PM »
I really think that  production is doing thing completely different just to make things more interesting.

Lets expect the unexpected for this episode. ???

Yes we must. Weren't we surprised by the Moscow TBC?

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #109 on: March 23, 2006, 01:12:17 PM »
this is an updated version so scratch my old photo. Thanks to supsandalee's photo.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2006, 01:48:49 PM by banzai »

Offline libra

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #110 on: March 23, 2006, 01:23:07 PM »

Behind Lori there's something. It's either an extra statue or Lori messed up that one and they threw away. It could be part of the ruin too. Later on we see the orange guy and the woman look at it.

Could the pieces be an uncompleted statue? That is, there is still one team behind Lori. Is she allowed to discard or mess up a statue and start on a new one?  ???

I just thought of something: does each person get their own pile of pieces or they pick their pieces from one BIG pile?  :woohoo:
« Last Edit: March 23, 2006, 01:29:52 PM by libra »

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #111 on: March 23, 2006, 01:27:34 PM »

Wild wild theory: the 1st team will pick the first statue which is near the entrance of the theater. The entrance is also the exit so might as well stay close to it. Since Eric and Jeremy are not far apart, therefore they pick the first statue which is near the entrance. Based on the above supsandalee's photo, that's statue #8.

edit:

thanks to Neobie's photo. This area matches with Eric/Jeremy area.

edit again:
my mistake. I think Eric/Jeremy will do statue #7. Behind Eric, I see a complete statue. It could a demo statue but I think BJ/Tyler finished it.

In conclusion, BJ/Tyler are team #1. Eric/Jeremy #2. Dave/Lori are the last team.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2006, 01:37:42 PM by banzai »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #112 on: March 23, 2006, 01:32:21 PM »
You guys  ROCK , agreed E&J you are team #1

also if thats a disassembled statue behind Lori it COULD be that a team took the FF leaving one staue undone .

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #113 on: March 23, 2006, 01:40:23 PM »
The last arriving teams which arrived at the Siegestor after darkness (4:46PM) so lets say around 6:00PM since the first three teams seemed to maintain a 2 to 3 hour lead on the others.  These teams may not make the first flight and would again fall way behind.  But we do see Lake and Michelle together at the Detour with the Double Dees, so we can assume perhaps that all the teams made it onto the early Lufthansa flight.  A typical TPTB TAR Bunch Point.

just to note Lori & David are above D&D as well as L&M @ Laundry ..you can only see this while watching the video .

webclues
Competition heats up between three teams as they fractically try to locate a marked piece of clothing among 2400 pieces of laundry .

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #114 on: March 23, 2006, 01:44:20 PM »
also if thats a disassembled statue behind Lori it COULD be that a team took the FF leaving one staue undone .

AMEN!!!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #115 on: March 23, 2006, 01:47:15 PM »
spell check STATUE  :lol3:

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #116 on: March 23, 2006, 01:50:51 PM »
The bells seem so much quicker than the laundry. That's why I have MoJo as first and E/J second (completed statue behind E/J is MoJo's). I think since BJ/Tyler do the laundry they'll come in third or fourth since we see Raylonda also doing the bells.
Of course if the FF is used then everyone above falls back one spot. :ron:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #117 on: March 23, 2006, 01:58:33 PM »
Of course if the FF is used then everyone above falls back one spot.
Good point !!!

in the voiceovers this week
Lake: we got two baby we got two

could someone check there tape or recording for EP4 to check if this is what Lake yells when they come in second at the virtual pitstop ?

tyia

Offline libra

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #118 on: March 23, 2006, 01:58:53 PM »
just to note Lori & David are above D&D as well as L&M @ Laundry ..you can only see this while watching the video .

Puddin, "above", what do you mean? Who's almost done with task?

1) The FF is a possibility, why is everyone saying like it's 100% certain?  :-\

2) The completed statue behind E/J could be a demo and they are the first ones. Not certain unless estimate the time.

3) the cap with BJ/Tyler arriving the theater is later in the day, so if completed statue I don't think it's theirs.

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #119 on: March 23, 2006, 02:17:08 PM »
Behind Jeremy, I see a statue so I think that statue is #8 and not a demo. So statue #9 is a demo and that's where the Roman spoiler was wrong. He saw 9 statues so he thought of 9 teams.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2006, 02:38:55 PM by banzai »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #120 on: March 23, 2006, 02:32:33 PM »

2) The completed statue behind E/J could be a demo and they are the first ones. Not certain unless estimate the time.

3) the cap with BJ/Tyler arriving the theater is later in the day, so if completed statue I don't think it's theirs.
Libra this is speculation and is in progress , nothing is written in stone ..most ideas are thrown out and then we piece them together  ;) , but I have to admit that you are keeping us on our toes which is a good thing .

Lori & David are on a small balcony ABOVE the Dee's and Lake /Michele who are on a balcony below them which puts them all at laundry at the same time .
heres a quick way to see what I'm talking about .
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3564971386147207792&q=tvshow%3AAmazing_Race9

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #121 on: March 23, 2006, 02:34:26 PM »

No one is saying the FF is 100%. It's just being discussed as a possibility because 1) it's about time for it to appear and 2) Fran and Barry are the only team not shown doing a detour or roadblock.

The cap of BJ/Tyler may just look later because the shot is enhanced to black and white.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #122 on: March 23, 2006, 02:40:04 PM »
The cap of BJ/Tyler may just look later because the shot is enhanced to black and white.

I can't find  my photoshop software and  I wiped my pc clean  (:;) ..any chance someone could get a better pixel of BJ & Tyler out of that black & white shot?

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #123 on: March 23, 2006, 02:47:10 PM »
ooh, allow me.

Fran & Barry did not do the Fast Forward. Here's 1 scenario.

Barry: "Hi Dave/Lori, we just came from the FF. You guys are going to the FF too? But we were there. We just came from there."

or,

Dave: "Hi Fran and Barry, we just came from the FF. You guys are going to the FF too? But we were there. We just came from there."

Therefore, Fran/Barry & Dave/Lori did not do the FF.

Offline libra

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #124 on: March 23, 2006, 02:49:51 PM »
Puddin, I watched the preview before I wrote my post, I thought by "above" you could estimate which team is almost done with the task.

Behind Jeremy, I see a statue so I think that statue is #8 and not a demo. So statue #9 is a demo and that's where the Roman spoiler was wrong. He saw 9 statues so he thought of 9 teams.

Banzai, where is statue #9 (the demo) on your diagram? and what led you to think that #8 is not a demo? I am lost.

In the preview, Lori laughs and says (looking at statue): "That's funny", the sky is pitch black and she's still in a good mood. A little later she has a meltdown. I just want to make sure that her team is definitely last.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2006, 02:58:24 PM by libra »