Author Topic: EP4 Title :' It's not over untill the Phil Sings '  (Read 55130 times)

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
Re: EP4 Title :' It's not over untill the Phil Sings '
« Reply #75 on: March 16, 2006, 10:13:22 AM »
The number "2" on the window indicates that is a Second Class Coach; a number "1" indicates that it is a First Class Coach. The trains run on a set schedule about 30 minutes apart and it is a non-stop trip between the cities.  The trains are high speed and cruise along at about 125 miles per hour.

Just typical of the wonderful public transport systems available in most countries of Europe and greatly lacking in the US of A.

There are several stations (bahnhof) in Frankfurt.  Going to check and see if there is a connection at Frankurt-am-Main airport.

Offline libra

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #76 on: March 16, 2006, 10:49:58 AM »
There are several stations (bahnhof) in Frankfurt.  Going to check and see if there is a connection at Frankurt-am-Main airport.

I have been to FRA a few times. The station is called 'Frankfurt Flughafen Fernbahnhof', approx. 5 mins walk from the main airport. Use this to search on the Die Bahn site.

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #77 on: March 16, 2006, 11:43:46 AM »
Thanks for the hint, Libra:

Here are Lufthansa flight schedules to Frankfurt - no direct flights to Stuttgart or Muenchen, so most likely fly to Frankfurt-am-Main and take the DB ICE train from the Frankfurt Flughafen Fernbahnhof to (trains run daily)

STUTTGART
No. 513     LV 8:54     AR 10:08     
No. 579     LV 9:20     AR 10:33
No. 515     LV 10:54   AR 12:08
No. 573     LV 11:20   AR 12:33
No. 517     LV 12:54   AR 14:08
No. 575     LV 14:13   AR 15:31    End of daylight arrivals

MUENCHEN
No. 513     LV 8:54     AR  12:30
No. 721     LV 9:09     AR  12:51
No. 515     LV 10:54   AR  14:28
No. 723     LV 11:09   AR  14:51
No. 517     LV 12:54   AR  16:30   End of daylight arrivals

The Luftfansa flight schedule:  Moscow (SVO) to Frankfurt-am-Main (FRA)

LH 3189     LV 07.00     AR 08.25

LH 3183     LV 13.20     AR 14.45

LH 3183     LV 14.20     AR 15.45

LH 3187 LV 19.05     AR 20.30

There may be other flights that connect SVO with FRA but do not have time now to research.

So my uneducated guess is that teams fly to Frankfurt and then take the ICE train direct from the airport to either Stuttgart or Muenchen.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #78 on: March 16, 2006, 01:01:23 PM »
It looks like they are waiting to get on the train in daylight.  So the 20:30 arrival would not be the one.

Or they could fly to a different German city.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline libra

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #79 on: March 16, 2006, 01:12:34 PM »
SVO-MUC - There are 3 direct flights: 2 on Aeroflot, the one on LH departs SVO 5:20pm and arrives MUC at 6:25pm.

I think teams will fly to FRA, there are only direct flights to FRA and MUC.

Bottles bashing is one detour, what is the other one? Fran/Barry's dance?

What is the roadblock this episode?

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #80 on: March 16, 2006, 01:30:30 PM »
The number "2" on the window indicates that is a Second Class Coach; a number "1" indicates that it is a First Class Coach. The trains run on a set schedule about 30 minutes apart and it is a non-stop trip between the cities.  The trains are high speed and cruise along at about 125 miles per hour.

Just typical of the wonderful public transport systems available in most countries of Europe and greatly lacking in the US of A.

GMan, if I ever get to plan that trip to Europe will you be my travel agent?  :present:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #81 on: March 16, 2006, 02:58:48 PM »
You all are great , thanks for all the info and welcome Libra  :welcome:
No signs of a Roadblock *sigh* for sure the detour is ( I'm making this up ) Flog or Clog  :pfight: :Cdance: but where does the Gnome fit in as we see it at the Bavaria Film Studio behind Ray as he dressed for the detour ?

I'm going to put some vidcaps together ( in the works )

Clues

1)Driving to the Roadblock in Germany, one team follows another who leads them in the wrong direction, on THE AMAZING RACE
2)Computers crash at a foreign airport leaving several teams stranded without a flight and allowing a few lucky teams to surge ahead.
3)Teams drive themselves to the Bavaria Film Studios in Munich, Germany and choose between two detour options.
4)One option allows teams to relieve their frustrations and tensions from the stress of the Race by bashing bottles over each others' heads.

misc stuff

<< Joe running by or  getting out of a Taxi

<< Joe  now he has his TAR pouch

RaYolanda back seat of a taxi ? Yolandas happy as she claps her hands

BJ has a Gnome
 BJ  & Tyler running through a corridor/ something

Maybe Autobahn scenes ? teams driving

E&J " we're getting on the Autobahn ( dubbed )

W&D " were going the wrong way"

Dees
  F&B

Track task
Mo-Jo

Nerds

Hippies

RaYolanda

Mercedes scenes 

Detour Flog or Clog /Bavaria Film Studio
Teams drive themselves to the Bavaria Film Studios in Munich, Germany and choose between two detour options. One option allows teams to relieve their frustrations and tensions from the stress of the Race by bashing bottles over each others' heads.

F&B Clog
J&E Flog
Michelle gets dressed, I bet she Flogs  :snics:

Ray dressed up laughing/ Gnome in background
BJ & Tyler

Not sure ??

Monica & Jo ( thanks never)

Deutsche Bahn/'Frankfurt Flughafen Fernbahnhof'
  DEE's

scenes

Some confessionals from EP3 ( pics from and thanks to tarflies )

E&J 's picture , its lighter out

« Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 11:28:32 AM by puddin »

Offline cinni

• mind is tiffany twisted
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
« Reply #82 on: March 16, 2006, 03:24:44 PM »
i was thinking "smash" or "bash", ie bottle smash (which i would just love to do!) or bash, a party bash or even crash for the dancing. more likely to be tittled after the liederhosen (or however that's spelled) since both seem to involve dressing in the traditional german outfits.

have to use this new smilie... :blol:
always remember....when life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over!

Offline never0102

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #83 on: March 16, 2006, 04:13:33 PM »

Computers Crash At a Foreign Airport leaving several teams stranded without a flight .
Dont know who this can be.  I really think EJ BT MOJO, and DL all had confessionals in Russia [but it could have been waiting for the flight who knows].  I hope MOJO and Dave and Lori dont get a hours of opperation and move ahead. But i think this might come down to everyone being in line and the teams in front get tickets and it breaks halfway down the line. 

Driving to the Roadblock , one duo follows another team who leads them in the wrong direction .
Wanda and Desiree and maybe Danielle and Dani[just a guess i think both of these teams land on the behind flight]

can we get the times on any of the pictures , i know you were able to do that alot last season.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #84 on: March 16, 2006, 04:36:21 PM »
Driving to the Roadblock , one duo follows another team who leads them in the wrong direction .
Why does this scream E&J ( the followers ) following L&M ( Lake = the best person to get LOST ) .
Then again we do see M&D going the wrong direction so it could be almost anyone .
Even so it probalby doesn't effect them  .

Offline Hi-Fi

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #85 on: March 16, 2006, 04:57:09 PM »
Why does this scream E&J ( the followers ) following L&M ( Lake = the best person to get LOST ) .
Then again we do see M&D going the wrong direction so it could be almost anyone .

So do you think Wanda/Desiree are safe then, Puddin??

This is screaming Dave/Lori elimination. I don't like it.

People in the last flight must be Double Dee, Wanda/Desiree, Mo-Jo and Dave/Lori.

Offline libra

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #86 on: March 16, 2006, 04:59:24 PM »
Thanks for the welcome. I've been a long time lurker and finally decided to sign up.

Is it possible that the roadblock is in Moscow?

So there will be airport drama, test track (task), roadblock somewhere, detours - seem to be a lot to fit into one episode.  ???

I think we need to determine the order but for now I think it is like this:

1) Teams fly to Frankfurt (early morning flight)

2) Take the train from airport station to Stuttgart hbf

3) Upon arrival, pick up Mercedes car at station and drive to Weissach to do test track

4) Drive to Bavaria Film Studios in Munich for the detours

5) Pitstop - drive to someplace nearby

*Or teams start in Munich and work their way north.

**Don't know where roadblock is. 

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #87 on: March 16, 2006, 05:12:05 PM »
Puddin, you are gonna love this site:   ICE-Fansite.de - Galerie

Maybe we should post a message in their forum asking where this is:
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline never0102

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #88 on: March 16, 2006, 05:19:55 PM »

People in the last flight must be Double Dee, Wanda/Desiree, Mo-Jo and Dave/Lori.

my gutt tells me Fran and Barry will be on it also.

And Bj and Tyler running down the "hallway" i think they are getting onto a plane.

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #89 on: March 16, 2006, 05:39:28 PM »
I have been checking with my German motor car expert (BH) and she claims that this is the Mercedes Benz test track located in a suburb of Stuttgart - Sindelfingen (her father used to test cars there for Mercedes) and it is particularly noteable for its verticle wall!  The plant itself is located in another suburb: Untertuerkheim.  Cars in Germany are licensed with a letter indicating the city in which the car is registered.  i. e. "M" is for Munich, "S" would be for Stuttgart.  So the cars have been brought from Munich to Stuttgart to run on the test track.  Did the teams drive them there, or did Mercedes just bring them from Munich?

Watching the video of Joseph climbing into the car and as he adjusts his seatbelt you can see his watch.  As clear as I can make it in stop motion it seems to read 11:55  (AM, of course).  Can someone else make it clearer.  If the time is correct and this all happens in one day, it would mean that the teams go to Stuttgart by ICE before going to Munich.

But the sun seems to indicate that the cars are driving on the autobahn from Munich to Stuttgart in afternoon light.

At The Bavarian film studio it sure looks like it is the DETOUR with one task the Bottle Busting Bash until they find the clue? the other task seems to be to learn the Schulplattler the slap the theigh, slap the foot dance typical of Bavaria.

The ROADBLOCK must take place somewhere in Germany since the clue says that a team driving to the Roadblock. I doubt that the teams would pick up cars the next morning in Russia before leaving from the airport.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 09:01:44 PM by gingerman28 »

Offline Hi-Fi

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #90 on: March 16, 2006, 05:48:47 PM »

my gutt tells me Fran and Barry will be on it also.

And Bj and Tyler running down the "hallway" i think they are getting onto a plane.

Yeah, I still don't know about Fran/Barry. I'm pretty sure they check with Phil before the teams that are cleaning the buses, but with their lucky, is probably that they'll be in the last flight.

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #91 on: March 16, 2006, 05:51:46 PM »

GMan, if I ever get to plan that trip to Europe will you be my travel agent?  :present:

If Puddin, doesn't mind, I'll add you to our fantasy trip sometime in the far, distant future.  Love to have the company. By the way, I'll be travelling on the Rhine and Danube rivers in October from Amsterdam to Vienna.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #92 on: March 16, 2006, 05:59:31 PM »
Hi-Fi , from Phil's blog
It’s just magic to watch the light change during the afternoon and into the night. In the end the teams ended up coming in very close together. Love that. Being a virtual Pit Stop, I had fun with some of the teams today. Lake & Michelle were extremely excited to hear that they were in second place and then shocked to find out they had to keep going. Fran & Barry have moved up in the order, Dave & Lori have moved to the back of the pack and were extremely relieved to hear they are still in it. Some really emotional arrivals today. They give so much to each leg that the idea of having to maintain the Race mode is really tough for some teams.

Gman , for you  :kuss: , I can't wait to try out that sausage in Vienna .. Sups could come with us but she needs to bring her own man  ;)

CBS photo album

« Last Edit: March 16, 2006, 06:29:41 PM by puddin »

Offline Hi-Fi

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #93 on: March 16, 2006, 06:03:15 PM »
Thanks, puddin!

So I guess that BJ/Tyler are the last to get in the first flight.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #94 on: March 16, 2006, 06:55:17 PM »
well if this is the airport they sure look happy

BJ  & Tyler running through a corridor/ something

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #95 on: March 16, 2006, 09:31:29 PM »
Why does Jo's picture have Detour all over it ? a better picture of the building

« Last Edit: March 16, 2006, 09:41:28 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Last Edit: March 16, 2006, 10:08:55 PM by puddin »

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #97 on: March 16, 2006, 09:55:59 PM »
If Puddin, doesn't mind, I'll add you to our fantasy trip sometime in the far, distant future.  Love to have the company. By the way, I'll be travelling on the Rhine and Danube rivers in October from Amsterdam to Vienna.

I'm already packed! :jumpy:

Gman , for you   , I can't wait to try out that sausage in Vienna .. Sups could come with us but she needs to bring her own man 

Not a problem my DH loves to travel. Besides, the last time I went on a girlfriends cruise without him I felt so guilty (until I had my first little umbrella drink and then I was fine.) :lol: :martini:

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #98 on: March 16, 2006, 10:32:09 PM »
Beer Wine Scotch Vodka but no g.d. umbrella drinks on my boat!! :jam:

Sausage is great but the Wienerschnitzel is even better and the apfelstrudel? out of this world. :-[

That certainly looks like an airport jetway that BJ and Tyler are running down.

Could the shots of the ICE train be included to throw us off, and they actually are from Ep 5 say on the way from the pitstop in Stuttgart to the airport in Frankfurt on the way to Italy?  TPTB have done that in the past; they included shots of MO/JO in the promo for Ep2 the one we now see is on the test track in Dingolfingen.  And I think they included a train shot in Stockholm in an ep or two before it actually came up in a previous TAR.  I wouldn't put it past them to be sneaky with us this time around.

If this is the case, the teams might fly to Munich via Frankfurt and then after the tasks at the Bavarian Film Studio have to drive on the autobahn to Stuttgart and the Mercedes test track.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #99 on: March 16, 2006, 11:22:09 PM »
 :lol: I like Stoli Gman but Scotch isn't my thing , now apfelstrudel? sounds yummy !
also Sups & Gman you should both know I'm claustophobic  :-[ , I was almost tossed overboard on my one and LAST cruise . ( I blame the bartenders )

<< as good as it gets for now

EP4 aftershow preview ( crank up the speaker )
http://photobucket.com/albums/b105/rawalsh/Amazing%20Race%209%20Videos/?action=view&current=tar4preview.flv
« Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 12:49:45 AM by puddin »