Author Topic: EP3 Title : I'm in Russia Playing with the Dolls  (Read 52927 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: EP3 Title : I'm in Russia Playing with the Dolls
« Reply #200 on: March 13, 2006, 02:04:45 PM »
Boy that really would make for some exhausted teams Chateau , especially the ones running around half frozen. Think TAR5 South America to Russia ...........

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #201 on: March 13, 2006, 02:35:56 PM »
fwiw , my take is Tyler does the Pool/Clue in mere seconds
<< Wanda's timer says 28

Tylers goes from 03 to 04 as the onlookers cheer

Offline never0102

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #202 on: March 13, 2006, 03:06:02 PM »
Maybe the dolls task takes so freaking long that teams like Eric & Jeremy finally check in at 4:25 am.

Like haybales for everyone.    (:;)

I swear if another Lena/Kristy happens Amazing Race totally deserves to get cancelled next season.

Offline never0102

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #203 on: March 13, 2006, 03:13:31 PM »
according to this article
http://mediafiends.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=6989

John said probably ?The Frosties?, they are 6-foot tall women. Scott liked ?The Pinks? [Danielle & Dani]. Scott said he also liked ?The Nerds? [couple Dave & Lori]. John said they were cute. Scott said he loved Ray & Yolanda.

so the Pinks are next to go.

She's not happy here either. They messed up somewhere.

Oh i felt they were just talking about on the episode [but prolly not] becuase all those teams were pretty fun in the first eppy.  If its true that means, DD, RY, DL all dont win, we already know LM dont win[via Portugal comment from Michelle's mom -- this also points to DD not winning] Thats BT, MJ, FB, EJ, WD are left. But there i feel is a pattern in winners and their first leg and its point to BT winning.   It startred and is now repeating of 1 - 6 - 2 - 9 - 8 - 4 - 8 - 9 - [should be 2 now right].  It like a parabola with 4 as the bottom. 
There myspace though just gives me a vibe they should do pretty good, why make a myspace about "team Pinkies if you get eliminated early [nevermind the next eppy after you made it] but who knows.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #204 on: March 13, 2006, 03:34:24 PM »
Ready or not it is time for a summary of what we know and the more we do not know about TAR9 EP3:

First>  It has been confirmed that Monica is saying in the van (on the way in from the airport??) "All I know is that the Russian people drink and smoke a whole lot."  So they are in Moscow not elsewhere.  Then we see Monica and Joseph running through a parking lot that seems to be next to the swimming venue.   But first back to the beginning:

1.  Teams start off at the Primavera da Serra coffee plantation.  It looks like the first three teams: The Hippies, The Beach Boys, and MO/JO have arrived first in mid afternoon so they would be leaving before sunrise which is at 6:23AM and again I would guess that they have at least an hour lead on the fourth place team, The Nerds.  We see them later in a VW (and this is a new shot since they are wearing new clothing but the VW has the same silhouette of a Kangeroo on the back window) and the scene from the car shows the sun just about at sunrise.  We also know that the Old Folks at Home arrived much later when it was completely dark so that had to be after the sun set at 7:31PM.

2.  I suspect that the teams had to proceed to the Alaya Adventure Park where we see them doing the zipline gig.  Now this may be one part of a Detour and we have not been shown what it is, and we have not been shown all 9 teams doing the zipline, but at the start we have a nice shot of The Hippies, The Beachboys, and MO/JO all running together across a field without backpacks.  So we can guess that the three teams arrived together at the Adventure Park but had to wait until it opened at daybreak - for sake of argument lets say 6:30AM.

3. Completing the task they are told to drive themselves back to the bus station in Brotas and find a bus back to Sao Paulo. Now it may be a regularly scheduled bus or one of two or three chartered buses. And we have our three lead teams waiting around in the sun at the bus station; so they must be waiting for a scheduled or charter bus. If the teams all don't bunch up here, they will at the Sao Paulo airport since it looks like the only really practical flight to Moscow leaves GRU at 3:30PM for Frankfurt then connects for a flight to Moscow (SVO) arriving at 12:00Noon the next day.  I hope the teams can sleep on the plane because it is a 15 hour flight crossing seven time zones.  Jet Lag here we come.

4.  Arriving in Moscow, I think that several teams get into several Airport Vans and proceed to the Novodevichiy Convent.  There is a van service at Sheremetevo 2, similar to the Super Shuttle in the US.  They seem to use minivans similar to the Chevy Suburban with three rows of seats behind the driver. We see a shot of the Double Dees taken from the driver's side of the car probably in the first row with the Double Dees in the Second Row and maybe the Beach boys behind them.  In another similar van (Notice the handle above the door window is the same) with the camera next to Mo as Jo looks out the window with Loir behind them. Once here they must search the grounds to find the next clue box which may be located at the grave site of Peter the Great's half sister, Regent Sophia who was confined and died here. The cemetary also includes graves of many notable Russians including Anton Chekhov, Sergey Prokofiev, Dmitriy Shostakovich, or Nikita Khrushchev. The Double Dees are in one van with someone behind them and they seem to be outside the city since you can see a corregated steel safety rail and trees through the window of the car. And someone is sitting behind them - the Beach boys making time??  Mo and Jo with perhaps David and Lori seem to be in another van.

5.  The clue here directs the teams to find a cab (or van) and drive to the Chaika Sports Complex on Turchaninov Pereulok.  We see Yolanda (already in her sexy tight purple shorts carrying a towel) and also a back pack running toward the diving area (probably after finding the clue) Also it looks like Mo and Jo  are outside the facility running toward an entrance (David and Lori are behind them and later we do see David and Monica on the side of the pool watching someone else dive)

6.  It is most likely that this is the dreaded ROADBLOCK since we only see one member of each team doing the dive (BJ routing on Tyler; Desidee routing for her mama) It looks like Wanda is jumping at 14.56 (2:56PM) which seems to ensure that this task comes first after the Convent since there would not be time to go to the convent and then the doll house and then here by 2:56PM.  There is a timer on the stands which shows that Wanda is still in the water after 29 minutes (I wonder if there is a time limit and if they do not complete the task in say 30 minutes they have to get out of the pool to warm up??) Anyway, the Hippie half really does it in something like 3 or 4 minutes.  So we have Yolanda, Wanda, Tyler, Eric?, Mo, Michelle, David, and perhaps Dani (although we do not see her dive, we have a shot of her outside with what appears like wet hair) diving. No hint of Barry or Fran. ( But they can't be far behind as later we have them together with the Hippies at the Doll House.) 

7.  Upon completion of the ROADBLOCK teams then must proceed either to the Old Merchants' Chambers (Staryy Gostinvyy Dvor) or to the concert hall annex of Russia House. Neither one is too far away and can be reached by a short cab ride along the Moscow River.It really doesn't matter which since both venues are practically across the street from eachother.  Here ALL teams must look through thousands of nesting dolls (Matryoshka Dolls) for the next clue.  I believe that this is a task that ALL teams have to do and is not a Detour.  We have scenes of the Beach Boys behind Yolanda running through a colonnade which is part of either venue. We also seem to see the Beach Boys and Yolanda looking through the dolls at the same time.  In another scene we have the Old Folk at Home and the Hippies (BJ is in the far background wearing the same blue shirt with vellow chevron that he had on at the beginning of the day in Brotas.So we must have had a real bunch up today (probably on the plane to Moscow) because the last place team which was at least three hours behind at the start is now equal with the first place team!  Another shot is of Lake and Michelle. No scenes of the Nerds, the Double Dees, Mo/Jo nor Wanda/Desidee at the dolls.

8. The clue here tells them to proceed to the PIT STOP which is located in the Plaza or Square (Ploshchad) in front of St. Basil's Cathedral and Russia House (not the Red Square side of the Cathedral). Most likely it is after 4:30PM (sunset time) when the teams reach the pit stop mat. Someone suggested that the Beach Boys didn't complete the doll task and get to the pit stop until 4:30AM!!!  Rather I think they got there around 4:30PM and the teams were given an unannounced 24 hour pit stop because they must be completely exhausted by now.

9.  Who comes in first?  My money is on Eric and Jeremy.  Who comes in last?  Sorry to say but I think it may be David and Lori. Alternate choice would be Lake and Michelle who are completely frustrated looking for the doll clue.

Updated and revised 3/14 at H-Hour Minus 11
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 07:54:09 PM by gingerman28 »

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #205 on: March 13, 2006, 04:16:17 PM »
Is this David in the background (far left)? I don't know if he is that large.

This may have gotten buried or just no response because it is totally off but .... is there a chance that is David in the background which would put him at the Roadblock with MoJo?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #206 on: March 13, 2006, 04:56:42 PM »
I agree Sups , that picture got buried back a few pages ..I think its David too ..who else would be standing around shirtless in the cold ? It looks like the staff is cheering on someone already diving as David waits & Mo gets ready .
Thank you for the summary as always Gman , Well done !! I also like your idea that the zip-line could be one of the detours  :tup: .
Especially since the teams are FORCED to look for the clues in the nestling dolls .

and yeah Gman that is Michele diving  because we see Mo in a bikini above  UNLESS they are suiting Mo up ? Who do you all think this is ?)
the hair sure looks like Mo's ?
<< Michelle OK I think its Mo now , lol

roadblock ~ ( I wonder if Barry takes a turn ? )
Women ~Yolanda/A Dani /Wanda/Monica/
Men~ Tyler /Eric / David
Barry & Fran unknown
Lake & Michelle unknown
« Last Edit: March 13, 2006, 05:12:17 PM by puddin »

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #207 on: March 13, 2006, 05:21:59 PM »
Is this David in the background (far left)? I don't know if he is that large.

This may have gotten buried or just no response because it is totally off but .... is there a chance that is David in the background which would put him at the Roadblock with MoJo?

If that is David, then he would be doing 2 roadbacks in a row (according to puddins chart).  All the other teams appear to be alternating tasks, although it's too early in the race to worry about this.  Maybe Lori can't jump.

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #208 on: March 13, 2006, 06:24:29 PM »
why do teams share the same suv?

because they have to watch the parade. So the TPTB reserves the airplane tickets in advance in Sao Paulo. No airport drama.

If David/Lori are next to Mojo, then it means the pool task comes before the doll task. There's no way they can finish the doll task at the same time and then come to the pool together.
David/Lori share the same suv with Mojo
so that's why the teams come the pitstop at night. The Doll task takes too long.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #209 on: March 13, 2006, 07:04:12 PM »
Earlier,  I did some analysis on the doll task where I arrived at fairly fast expectations of completion.

But my model was wrong.  I set it up where they get to take apart the dolls and find what they are looking for by the power of elimination.

But it looks like they may have instructions to reassemble each doll they take apart and put it back.  That makes it harder for all the teams to find whatever it is they seek.  And longer to do it due to the added work of reassembly.

The padlock roadblock of TAR6 took longer than planned for two teams.  We heard on the Fishbowl from Rebecca that producers stepped in and narrowed the search field for her and Hayden so to get them off the mountain by the 7 pm bus.  She said they did this twice:  "your lock is somewhere between here and here"  Each time defining a shorter length of the fence.

Under the conditions she faced I don't think poor  Hayden could have opened the one padlock if given only two to try.  She broke her key not once but two times.

I bet we see a lot of sticky dolls not  opening up and binding themselves shut.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #210 on: March 13, 2006, 07:08:09 PM »
The sun sets at 4:30PM.  We know that at least one diver jumps at 2:56PM. After the pool they have to find a cab and get to the dolly place near Red Square so that doesn't leave much time before it gets dark to finish the task. And traffic in late afternoon in Moscow is more at a stand still than on the move.  A nice touch would be for them to take the Underground - famous and fast. But with every sign only written in crylic letters it could be a real task to find the right stop.

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #211 on: March 13, 2006, 07:09:55 PM »
Yolanda's dry hair
Yolanda's pony tail after the pool task
Yolanda's pony tail at the doll task

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #212 on: March 13, 2006, 07:47:23 PM »
I found an interesting site--virtual reality Novodevichy (quicktime needed)--that shows what the racers would be up against (find-the-grave is still unconfirmed, but I can't imagine any other reason to go there). Everything is in cyrillic, and unless they're given maps they'd better find a friendly local.

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #213 on: March 13, 2006, 09:35:43 PM »
I went back and checked the scenarios of all 8 previous TAR's and the only leg that did not have a DETOUR was leg 13 (the last leg of TAR2) which only had the one ROADBLOCK.  So unless TPTB have introduced something new (which they very well may have) the only place that I can see where a DETOUR would fit would be while the teams are still in Brotas Brazil and possibly at the Alaya Adventure Center which features a variety of adventure tasks such as ziplines, etc.  Just doesn't seem to be any where else.

And we have at least three bunching points: (1) at the Alaya Adventure Center, (2)The bus station back to Sao Paulo, (3) Sao Paulo Airport and flight to Moscow.  And as we have seen during the day, the last place team has caught up with the first place team: both Bj/Tyler and the Old Folk at Home are together at the doll house (or vice versa).

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #214 on: March 14, 2006, 10:00:38 AM »
Up dated the scenario from yesterday to reflect new information and new ideas.  Some notes on the fact there is a van service at Sheremetevo 2 airport with vans with three rows of seats behind the driver.  TPTB probably have 3 or 4 of these vans marked for the teams to use upon arrival.  Smart idea since in Moscow unlike most other western European cities, taxi drivers and very few others speak or read any English and direction signs and street signs are only written in crylillic letters.

We have now spotted all teams at the swimming venue except Our Old Folk at Home. It looks like BJ, Eric, Michelle, Wanda, Yolanda, Dani, Monica and David do the dive.  Monica and David are not first as we see them watching someone dive and the walkway is wet with water (from previous dives) where they are standing.

Puddin, anything new on TES this morning?  My recorder failed to record.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #215 on: March 14, 2006, 10:21:56 AM »
I didnt watch the Early show Gman I was sleeping  :angel: .
Thanks for the virtual tour link Slowhatch !

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #216 on: March 14, 2006, 11:20:25 AM »
i didnt see anything on TES was flipping back and forth cause i didnt like the stories they had  :angel: :lol:

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #217 on: March 14, 2006, 11:33:47 AM »
I went back and checked the scenarios of all 8 previous TAR's and the only leg that did not have a DETOUR was leg 13 (the last leg of TAR2) which only had the one ROADBLOCK. 

Maybe no one chooses the other detour so there is no footage to show. The dolls are an inside tasks. Perhaps the other detour is outdoors so the teams (some of which now have wet hair) choose to be inside.

Ok, all you TAR history buffs -- how many times have all teams chosen the same detour so early in the race? I know when the teams get down in numbers its pretty often. We probably didn't see any footage from the other detours then, right?

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #218 on: March 14, 2006, 11:45:58 AM »
I went back and checked the scenarios of all 8 previous TAR's and the only leg that did not have a DETOUR was leg 13 (the last leg of TAR2) which only had the one ROADBLOCK. 

Maybe no one chooses the other detour so there is no footage to show. The dolls are an inside tasks. Perhaps the other detour is outdoors so the teams (some of which now have wet hair) choose to be inside.

Ok, all you TAR history buffs -- how many times have all teams chosen the same detour so early in the race? I know when the teams get down in numbers its pretty often. We probably didn't see any footage from the other detours then, right?

TAR5 EPISODE 3. every1 did the paragliding over the moutain bikes

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #219 on: March 14, 2006, 04:43:00 PM »
a little tongue in cheek from BJ  :lol3:

I'll be running around the world like a crazy person again tonight at 10/9 central on CBS. It should be a good episode. For those of you that aren't going to be able to watch, here's what happens tonight:
We begin tonight's leg at Primavera da Serra. Teams arrived here for a mandatory rest period that allowed us to eat, sleep, and mingle with the other teams. After leaving the pit stop, we must drive our VW bugs from Brotas to Varginha, Brazil, where each team must use a Kodak Easyshare Digital Camera to take a picture of the elusive Chupacabra.
After the legendary goat-sucker has been photographed, the teams have to swim to Cabo da Roca, the Westernmost point of continental Europe, and select one of three hot-air balloon rides to the North Pole. Two teams die on the cross-Atlantic swim, and another three perish in the Arctic Circle. Which of the remaining four teams will make it to the Pit Stop in Santa's Workshop first? Tune in tonight to find out.

Offline goodyingbadyang

• RFF Full Member
  • I'm hungry
« Reply #220 on: March 14, 2006, 05:28:53 PM »
doesn't the Travelocity gnome appear this episode?

Sad to say it but I think it'll be Wanda and Desiree tonight. Like whar someone else said, they were edited as a bad team last week and you can tell that the editors are trying to set up their elimination. They must know that they'll be a very popular team so maybe that's why they showed them struggling in the previews, so it really doesn't come as a shock to many people.

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #221 on: March 14, 2006, 05:37:44 PM »
a little tongue in cheek from BJ  :lol3:

I'll be running around the world like a crazy person again tonight at 10/9 central on CBS. It should be a good episode. For those of you that aren't going to be able to watch, here's what happens tonight:
We begin tonight's leg at Primavera da Serra. Teams arrived here for a mandatory rest period that allowed us to eat, sleep, and mingle with the other teams. After leaving the pit stop, we must drive our VW bugs from Brotas to Varginha, Brazil, where each team must use a Kodak Easyshare Digital Camera to take a picture of the elusive Chupacabra.
After the legendary goat-sucker has been photographed, the teams have to swim to Cabo da Roca, the Westernmost point of continental Europe, and select one of three hot-air balloon rides to the North Pole. Two teams die on the cross-Atlantic swim, and another three perish in the Arctic Circle. Which of the remaining four teams will make it to the Pit Stop in Santa's Workshop first? Tune in tonight to find out.

cabo de roca, he must of watched TAR3  :lol:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #222 on: March 14, 2006, 05:51:44 PM »
 :waves:

I've been checking thr newspath all day , so far no mention of a team on the Early Show
here's the whole thing , I'll keep you updated untill the show airs .
also on the Early show newpage in the coming up video , again no mention of a team .
I'm not saying there isn't an eliminated team I'm just saying that it's a possability

^NN-amtiein15-EARLY SHOW
Below is THE EARLY SHOW Lineup for Wednesday, March 15, 2006 as of 6:00PM
Tuesday.

PLEASE NOTE: This information WILL be updated again several times overnight,
beginning at approximately 2:30AM, then again at 5:45AM, 6:45AM and 9:15AM for
West Coast Stations. Please do not forget to check the AM tie-in note in
Spacemail.

Harry Smith, Hannah Storm, Rene Syler and Julie Chen anchor THE EARLY SHOW from
New York.  Dave Price will bring us the weather. 

Please note that each night a 10-second "tomorrow" and "coming up" topical
anchor promo that can be used in a combo spot, teasing your local morning show
and THE EARLY SHOW, can be found in the Newspath Now server under "promos".
***This promo teases stories only in the 8AM hour only***.  Co-op stations, you
can use this promo to tease the broadcast in your own morning news.  Here is a
look at the promo we recorded for Wednesday's show:

Tomorrow (Coming up) on THE EARLY SHOW... It's never too early to begin
planning for retirement.  We'll have everything you need to know to get a smart
start.  Plus, super hot actress Salma Hayek!   Tomorrow (Coming up) on THE EARLY
SHOW... 

Please also note that a 20-second "tomorrow" and "coming up" topical anchor
promo can be found in the Newspath Now server under "promos".  Here is a look
at the promos we recorded for Wednesday's show:

I'm Julie Chen.  I'm Rene Syler.  Tomorrow (Coming up) on THE EARLY SHOW...
These helping hands are not monkeying around!  See how some pets are bringing
independence to their disabled owners.  And, it's never too early to begin
planning for retirement.  We'll have everything you need to know to get a smart
start.  Plus, super hot actress Salma Hayek!  Tomorrow (Coming up) on THE EARLY
SHOW... 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE FOUR LOCAL WEATHER CUTAWAYS WILL HIT AT THE FOLLOWING APPROX. TIMES:
DAVE PRICE THROWS TO LOCAL WEATHER CUTAWAYS AT THE FOLLOWING TIMES:

1) 7:08:50
*****WE WILL CONFIRM THE HIT TIME FOR THE FIRST WEATHER CUTAWAY EVERY MORNING
AT 6:30AM ET VIA EVA******

2) 7:36:35
3) 8:02:15
4) 8:39:00

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7:09 SEGMENT ONE- SADDAM TRIAL: (Dateline: Strasbourg, France (AP) - Europe's
human rights court dismissed a lawsuit filed by Saddam Hussein against 21
European countries whose troops joined the U.S.-led military campaign in Iraq.
The former Iraqi president argued that coalition forces disregarded his rights
to life, liberty and security. The court says the case falls outside its
jurisdiction. Guest TBD.

7:12 SEGMENT TWO- HOOPS KID: Dateline: Rochester, NY: A few weeks ago,
Correspondent Steve Hartman brought us the heartwarming story of a high school
student with autism who wowed his teammates, and America, with his skills on
the basketball court. Jason McEwlain's life has never been the same. He's had
movie offers from Hollywood and today he got to meet his newest fan, President
Bush. Correspondent Steve Hartman was there and had a chance to ask President
Bush a few questions about this remarkable young man... He'll bring us his
report.     

7:18 SEGMENT THREE- NEW AIRLINES CHARGES: Revenue-hungry airline carriers are
charging fees for pretty much anything that can help make air travel a little
more comfortable. It started with charging for in-flight meals and
over-the-phone reservations, but now Northwest Airlines is demanding passengers
to pay a fee for emergency-exit row seating that gives passengers extra leg
room. What will be next...$5 per pillow? Guest TBD.

7:32 SEGMENT FOUR- COP SHOOTING: (Dateline: Suwanee, GA) Policemen never have
to draw their weapons approximately 95% of the time they're on the job... but
when they do, how do they make the decision to shoot?  CBS News Correspondent
Mark Strassmann gets an inside look at an interactive high-tech video program
that trains cops when and how to draw arms.

7:40 SEGMENT FIVE- MIKE WALLACE: (Dateline: New York) Veteran journalist Mike
Wallace announced today he'll no longer be a regular correspondent on CBS NEWS'
60 MINUTES. Harry Smith will talk with him about his remarkable 40 year career
with the newsmagazine.

7:48 SEGMENT SIX- AMBIEN & EATING: You are exercising, eating healthy, getting
a good night's sleep... so why are you gaining weight instead of losing it? A
new study shows that some people who take the sleeping pill Ambien may consume
thousands of calories while sleeping. How often does this happen? And what
should you do if this happens to you? EARLY SHOW's Dr. Emily Senay will give us
the details. 

8:06 SEGMENT SEVEN- HELPING HANDS: (Datelines: La Habra, CA; Boston, MA) Ten
years ago, a car crash left Craig Crook paralyzed from the neck down.  When a
friend saw how depressed he was at not being able to do anything for himself,
she sent introduced him to an organization called Helping Hands that sent him
some help.  EARLY SHOW resident veterinarian Debbye Turner meets a special
capuchin monkey who's helping Craig live a fuller life... 

8:19 SEGMENT EIGHT- SAVING TO RETIRE: It's never too early to start saving for
retirement.  We'll begin the first part of our Saving to Retire series with
EARLY SHOW financial expert Ray Martin with advice for 20-somethings.  He'll
talk to us about the biggest mistakes people in their 20s make when it comes to
retirement planning, as well as the importance of saving early and just how much
to save.

8:32 SEGMENT NINE- SALMA HAYEK: Fans of the multi-talented Salma Hayek are in
luck this year -- she has three films ready for release.  The first is Ask the
Dust in which she plays a Mexican waitress who falls in love with a young
writer, played by Colin Farrell.  She'll be in our studio to talk about the new
movie.

8:39 SEGMENT TEN- MAKE HIM ACHE FOR YOU: Relationships are exciting at the
beginning, but as time goes by it can lose some of its edge.  The latest issue
of Cosmopolitan magazine has some practical tips to jumpstart your guy's
interest in you.  Kate White is the editor-in-chief of Cosmo and she'll share
advice with us.

8:45 SEGMENT ELEVEN- KEVIN WEEKS: (Dateline: Boston, MA) Kevin Weeks, the man
who helped James "Whitey" Bulger, the FBI's most wanted criminal, to rule
Boston's streets through murder, robbery and drug dealing, is now telling his
story.  He'll join us from Boston to talk about his new book Brutal.

If you have any questions please call Emilie Hammerstein at 212-497-6000
(between 6AM-9AM) and after 9:00AM at 212-975-6705.

Offline Reality Junkee

• 'RFF's Resident Chocoholic'
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #223 on: March 14, 2006, 05:54:28 PM »
I agree Sups , that picture got buried back a few pages ..I think its David too ..who else would be standing around shirtless in the cold ? It looks like the staff is cheering on someone already diving as David waits & Mo gets ready .
Thank you for the summary as always Gman , Well done !! I also like your idea that the zip-line could be one of the detours  :tup: .
Especially since the teams are FORCED to look for the clues in the nestling dolls .

and yeah Gman that is Michele diving  because we see Mo in a bikini above  UNLESS they are suiting Mo up ? Who do you all think this is ?)
the hair sure looks like Mo's ?
<< Michelle OK I think its Mo now , lol

roadblock ~ ( I wonder if Barry takes a turn ? )
Women ~Yolanda/A Dani /Wanda/Monica/
Men~ Tyler /Eric / David
Barry & Fran unknown
Lake & Michelle unknown

puddin, you say you are unsure whether Barry does the roadblock or not.  Well I found a picture back on page 2 that you posted.  It looks like Barry is wearing a swimming cap, but am unsure of the outfit he's wearing.  Do you suppose he DOES do the roadblock based on this?  I hope so, give Fran a break!!!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #224 on: March 14, 2006, 05:57:04 PM »
To add to this I just saw a commercial for the Early show with no mention the Amazing Race

and this from the inside scoop:

WEDNESDAY MORNING ON THE EARLY SHOW

Harry Smith, Hannah Storm, Rene Syler and Julie Chen anchor THE EARLY SHOW from New York. Dave Price will bring us the weather.

Along with the top news of the day, we will also have the following stories:

SALMA HAYEK: Fans of the multi-talented Salma Hayek are in luck this year -- she has three films ready for release. The first is Ask the Dust in which she plays a Mexican waitress who falls in love with a young writer, played by Colin Farrell. She'll be in our studio to talk about the new movie.

SAVING TO RETIRE: It's never too early to start saving for retirement. We'll begin the first part of our Saving to Retire series with EARLY SHOW financial expert Ray Martin with advice for 20-somethings. He'll talk to us about the biggest mistakes people in their 20s make when it comes to retirement planning, as well as the importance of saving early and just how much to save.

HELPING HANDS: Ten years ago, a car crash left Craig Crook paralyzed from the neck down. When a friend saw how depressed he was at not being able to do anything for himself, she sent introduced him to an organization called Helping Hands that sent him some help. EARLY SHOW resident veterinarian Debbye Turner meets a special capuchin monkey who's helping Craig live a fuller life...

KEVIN WEEKS: Kevin Weeks, the man who helped James "Whitey" Bulger, the FBI's most wanted criminal, to rule Boston's streets through murder, robbery and drug dealing, is now telling his story. He'll join us from Boston to talk about his new book Brutal.

MAKE HIM ACHE FOR YOU: Relationships are exciting at the beginning, but as time goes by it can lose some of its edge. The latest issue of Cosmopolitan magazine has some practical tips to jumpstart your guy's interest in you. Kate White is the editor-in-chief of Cosmo and she'll share advice with us.

HOCKEY MOMS: At home, Kathy Hugin is a domestic goddess -- a stay-at-home mother of three, devoted wife and homemaker. But on the ice, she's a force to be reckoned with. Kathy is a member of a hockey team made up of 40+ moms. CBS News Correspondent Mika Brzezinski brings us her profile in our latest installment of our Cool Mom series.

WHEN COPS SHOOT: Policemen never have to draw their weapons approximately 95% of the time they're on the job...but when they do, how do they make the decision to shoot? CBS News Correspondent Mark Strassmann gets an inside look at an interactive program that trains cops when and how to draw arms.

If you would like more information on any of these stories or the broadcast, please click on the following address and e-mail us:
earlyshow@cbs.com

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/1999/10/04/broadcasts/main64925.shtml?CMP=ILC-SearchStories