Author Topic: I'm Mad  (Read 6677 times)

Offline Reality Junkee

• 'RFF's Resident Chocoholic'
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
I'm Mad
« on: February 21, 2006, 03:10:10 PM »
I like watching American Idol and have it set on my Tivo to record all shows.

BUT, it is now interfering with Amazing Race and Survivor.  AI is usually on only Tuesday & Wednesdays.  This week and next week (at least) it will ALSO be on Thursdays at the SAME TIME as Survivor.

THEN, the first show of TAR on the 28th will be on @ 9-11pm.  Now you may wonder why I'd be mad at AI for that.  AI will be on for 1 1/2 hrs and not their usual 1 hr format according to my Tivo and thereby can only record one show.  So, guess which one I deleted for that night?  You got it, AI.

AI better not be pulling anymore of this stuff because they will probably lose ratings 'cause others will be watching Survivor and TAR.

Just had to vent. :knuckles:

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Cheers from the Eiffel Tower
    • Carrot Sticks & Cottage Cheese
Re: I'm Mad
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2006, 03:13:39 PM »
I'm sorry to hear that. That would upset me as well. I take it TiVO will not record two shows at once? My DVR does that, but I'm not sure if TiVO is the same way.
When all is said and done, there is nothing more to say.

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2006, 03:16:19 PM »
My DIrecTV Tivo records two shows at once, And my season pass list is a order of importance list, and if something confilcts, it check that to see which two to record

Rob

Offline Reality Junkee

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2006, 03:45:05 PM »
You are lucky Rob & Jeffrey.  We don't have our Tivo through DirectTV....it's just through Tivo itself.  Fortunately we do have one downstairs.  But I'm mad at the fact they would program these shows like that.  Yeah, I know it's for ratings but it stinks.

Also, the Tivo we have upstairs has a recorder built into it.  So I wanted to possibly record both TAR and AI onto DVD.  If I record one downstairs and then transfer it upstairs, it won't let me put it on DVD.

I know all this sounds petty, but the scheduling just makes me mad.  Again, I'm venting. :lol:

I might contact Tivo to see if it can be done and how.  Staying true to my name, I'm a Reality Junkee ;D
« Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 03:48:49 PM by Reality Junkee »

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Cheers from the Eiffel Tower
    • Carrot Sticks & Cottage Cheese
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2006, 03:52:44 PM »
Vent all you want, they'll make more (reasons to vent). And you know it. ;)
When all is said and done, there is nothing more to say.

Offline Reality Junkee

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2006, 04:00:22 PM »
Thanks Jeffrey :-*    And you're right on giving more reasons to vent.  I'm willing to bet the reason it will be 1 1/2 hrs is because of too many commercials.   Hmmm, maybe I should watch Canadian Idol (if I could).  They have better broadcasting :lol:

Offline Reality Junkee

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2006, 04:03:15 PM »
Hey, just a thought Rob & Trevor....you can mention the stinky schedule on your show.  Maybe somebody from Fox will hear it.  And before you scoff, just think....it's always possible ;D

Offline Swanee

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Witless Protection Program Graduate
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2006, 01:08:17 PM »
Hey, just a thought Rob & Trevor....you can mention the stinky schedule on your show.  Maybe somebody from Fox will hear it.  And before you scoff, just think....it's always possible ;D

:jumpy: Yeah, that's a great idea.  I think probably all the top execs at all the networks might be listening to Rob & Trevor.  I know I would if I were a top exec.
Maybe they should hire me next time some Big Wig gets the axe.    :tup:

Or perhaps some techie out there will be listening and invent a DVR that records more than 2 shows at once.   :lol:

Hey, stranger things have happened.  :giggle:
I'm pantless but not hatless!! :ass:  Yup, I'm shirtless now, too :boobs:

Offline Reality Junkee

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2006, 05:53:20 PM »

:jumpy: Yeah, that's a great idea.  I think probably all the top execs at all the networks might be listening to Rob & Trevor.  I know I would if I were a top exec.
Maybe they should hire me next time some Big Wig gets the axe.    :tup:

Or perhaps some techie out there will be listening and invent a DVR that records more than 2 shows at once.   :lol:

Hey, stranger things have happened.  :giggle:

:lolz: :lolz: :lolz:

Thanks for the laugh ;D