Author Topic: NEW TAR commercial  (Read 77603 times)

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: NEW TAR commercial
« Reply #75 on: February 11, 2006, 10:53:43 PM »
Things to look for on the Eric/Jeremy pad, the square helipad is raised, and over a circular building top! Should make life easier for those hitting Emporis.

I'm thinking the Joseph/Monica helipad would be more to the west on Google Earth. One has to see in between the hotel and Continental Square. The one directly across the road perhaps?

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #76 on: February 11, 2006, 11:04:10 PM »
Concurrence there!  Correction will be up soon.  Also:  It is #18 by the river in Puddin's map.

:lol:  I'm in Emporis right now!  Hopeless!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2006, 11:16:38 PM by Chateau d If »
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #77 on: February 11, 2006, 11:10:06 PM »
Yippee Neobie !! I see it  :jumpy:

eta: Slowhatch I love your idea of the Carriage Rides ! I knew they were riding on the back of something but was thinking just a truck or something , the Carriage Rides make more sense   :tup:
« Last Edit: February 12, 2006, 12:17:03 AM by puddin »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #78 on: February 11, 2006, 11:19:52 PM »
I'm thinking #5
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #79 on: February 11, 2006, 11:21:59 PM »
 :jumpy: i see it to  :woohoo:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #80 on: February 12, 2006, 01:12:23 AM »
Anyone have EXTRATV Weekend coming on soon ? There was a quick clip right at the beginning about TAR9 and I saw the Dees as well as BJ & Tyler and of course I wasnt expecting it and missed recording it  :groan:

http://extratv.warnerbros.com/v2/about/whenitson.html
« Last Edit: February 12, 2006, 01:54:08 AM by puddin »

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #81 on: February 12, 2006, 09:16:26 AM »
Woohoo! Found Jeremy and Eric's helipad! (Not 100% sure though, it might be too tall.) It's the Blue Tree Towers in Faria Lima. Those crazy Brazillians, they painted the blue helipad yellow! (Or blue from yellow, who knows?)

http://www.emporis.com/en/wm/bu/?id=119840

OK my bad, it isn't circular, it's OVAL. :groan: The helipad is #29 in Puddin's map, about two blocks away from Joseph and Monica's helipad.

Three down, one to go, I guess? We still have BJ and Tyler's helipad. Note that there's a yellowish block behind, on the right. Not sure if it's the whole building or just the roof.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2006, 10:02:59 AM by Neobie »

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #82 on: February 12, 2006, 09:31:37 AM »
Well I'll be damned, the picture is a mirror image.  After inverting the vidcap and lightening up the picture, the writing on the t-shirt says "Mo Jo". (Monica & Joseph?)

Edited to add: After clicking on the enlarged photo of the Blue Towers Faria Lima Building @ http://www.emporis.com/en/wm/bu/?id=119840 I have some doubts.  Do you think the helipad details match?.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2006, 09:59:00 AM by Boingo »

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #83 on: February 12, 2006, 10:20:17 AM »
Have you noticed that at the very end of that scene with the inverted MO JO as they run toward the camera to the far right of the screen is another person running and carrying something. Another racer? A cameraman? Or somewone else?  Strange as it looks like each team is going in a seperate chopper.

We have six teams now and perhaps a seventh going toward, in and away from the choppers on several different helipads and at the Campo de Marte airfield. 

So what does it all mean?  Are they doing some kind of task (several teams are carrying vellow envelopes and pieces of white paper)?  or are they just going from one place to another for some strange reason? And note that none of the teams have backpacks.

It won't do us much good to identify the various helipad locations unless we can come up with some idea of what it all means.

One idea: an aireal scavenger hunt to locate the sites of various TAR banners.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #84 on: February 12, 2006, 10:39:01 AM »
So for a quick summary,

Lori/David, Eric/Jeremy and BJ/Tyler at Marte, BJ/Tyler waiting on top of unknown helipad, white-shirted pair running on top of the Blue Tree Towers, Monica and Joey running on the helipad across the road from Caesar's, and Wanda/Desiree inside a helicopter. The white-shirted pair (one wearing jeans, the other black pants) are at Marte with Eric/Jeremy and BJ/Tyler. Unless the racers changed clothes inside the helicopter, it's none of the abovementioned racers, nor Ray/Jolanda or Lisa/Joni, seen on the Viaduto. We can also rule out John/Scott from the TV Guide photo, so that leaves Lake/Michelle, the Danielles, and Fran/Barry.

If teams don't have backpacks (not even on the helicopter, judging from the Wanda/Desiree clip), it means that they will have to return to Marte after the task. But having each team go to a different helipad will be kinda unfair, judging from the spread of the locations over São Paulo. Is this a Venetian Mask, Buenos Aires Tango task, where they are given a photo of the helipad which they are to find? (One problem with this is we may have teams landing in weird places they're not authorised to.)

Strangely enough, we spoiler people are doing the exact same thing. ???
« Last Edit: February 12, 2006, 10:54:47 AM by Neobie »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #85 on: February 12, 2006, 11:10:16 AM »
no answers , just mysteries .......  :cocky:

taken from Dreamer's vidcaps

<< sure appears to be 2 males but who?

<< A man with 2 red canisters? something ?

<< Jeremy & Eric behind Tyler /Black shirt

<< Scott & John /Black shirt

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #86 on: February 12, 2006, 11:20:28 AM »
I don't know. The white-shirt helipad (I agree it's jeremy/eric) looks lower to the ground, and next to a park or alameda. The canister guy might be a safety person or a clue holder.
As for the luggage, the back seat of the R44 looks cramped; has there been any instance in past races of a team doing a task and having production shuttle their luggage to the finish point?
Like GMan said, the task is a bit puzzling. Playing spot-the-flag from a helicopter would be almost impossible because of the size of the city and the different heights of the buildings.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #87 on: February 12, 2006, 05:30:56 PM »
Anybody having any luck with the motobike clip? There's a business down the street named Tiger with some kind of tuk-tuk (or dilapidated truck) parked in front. A yellow pages search for Sao Paulo turned up 14 hits for "tiger" and no matches; they probably don't even list small businesses. It would be nice to read some other signs but the cameraman adjusts the focus as the bike moves, making it hard.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #88 on: February 12, 2006, 06:20:47 PM »
I looked too Slowhatch and only came up with real Tigers , well you know what I mean   :lol:

Getting Around

Sao Paulo is big—we mean really big. Spanning over 3,000 square miles, the city stretches all the way to the horizon in just about every direction.
With that size comes sizeable traffic. The city’s roadways are packed during rush hours that last more than just an hour or two.

Plan your travel after 10am to minimize your time in traffic. Our touring started every day after 10 a.m. and we were able to avoid the worst of the rush.

Don’t even think about renting a car. Whether this is purely a romantic trip or you're squeezing in some romance on a business trip, you'll find that the city's traffic is too difficult for newcomers to navigate. Ask your hotel to recommend a transport company.

Consider the metro as well. The city has a modern, underground subway linking some (but not yet all) areas.

link

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #89 on: February 12, 2006, 06:54:04 PM »
maybe you all knew but I didn't ..this is a police car .

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #90 on: February 12, 2006, 06:57:33 PM »
cool find puddin :jam:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #91 on: February 12, 2006, 07:13:35 PM »
The Viaduto is a pedestrian-only bridge, so I think maybe the car is helping production with security; judging by the sisters bridge cap, a clue box (for those who walk the detour) is somewhere on the bridge.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #92 on: February 12, 2006, 07:28:02 PM »
Your probably right Slowhatch , Sao Paulo is not a safe city ...also that pic of Rayolanda looks like it being taken from a vehicle because I see a window frame as they run .

I'm looking for street scenes on Sao Paulo but as usual we just get the pretty scenes no the side streets/urban shots .

some pretty pictures here~

http://thomaslockehobbs.com/2005/banespa.html

ETA another link ~

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=77393
« Last Edit: February 12, 2006, 07:48:01 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #93 on: February 12, 2006, 07:38:50 PM »
yeah im bored , those yellow balls are telephone booths

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #94 on: February 12, 2006, 07:47:15 PM »
puddin, bored? neeeeeeevah :lol:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #95 on: February 12, 2006, 07:54:13 PM »
a few more
YIkES !

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #96 on: February 13, 2006, 02:12:35 AM »
LOL !! The TAR commercial was great it had some past race stuff

The fourth picture is in Atacama Desert, Chile? I see a SUV driving on a dry desert.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #97 on: February 13, 2006, 04:37:34 AM »
I think the footage came from TAR6 Iceland, where teams were driven on charter vans up the Vatnajokull Glacier. Everything from the first half of the video seems to be recycled.

Hmm, I agree that the Blue Trees Tower looks too tall (the trees are too big). Now I'm lost. Any building that looks almost exactly like that, but on a shorter scale?

Back to the drawing board! I mean, well, Emporis.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #98 on: February 13, 2006, 08:40:58 AM »
.... Any building that looks almost exactly like that, but on a shorter scale?

I was thinking that Edifício Dacon was a possible candidate, but it's too tall and the helipad design is wrong.
http://www.emporis.com/en/il/im/?id=373982

Anyone notice the writing on left side of the helipad.  Something starting with "A..." or ending with "...V".  Might be part of the name of the building.

Update: Just found this possible location.  What struck me was not necessarily the building (which is round) but the red tiled buildings directly across from it.  Could this view match the view in the vidcap below?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2006, 09:09:41 AM by Boingo »

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #99 on: February 13, 2006, 02:02:23 PM »
^^ yeah that. I think you're on to something.

the area I circled in red is round. So look for helipads with circular bases.