Author Topic: EP11 :' The Family Christmas Card '  (Read 34434 times)

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: EP11 :' The Family Christmas Card '
« Reply #75 on: December 03, 2005, 12:00:29 AM »
do you have the new aol video link? This one doesn't work.

Code: [Select]
rtsp://wmsorig.stream.aol.com/aol/us/aolentertainment/tv/2005/cbs/amazingrace/amazing_race_episode_eleven_v2_preview_700.wmv
rtsp://wms.stream.aol.com/aol/us/aolentertainment/tv/2005/cbs/amazingrace/amazing_race_episode_eleven_preview_700.wmv

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #76 on: December 03, 2005, 01:09:15 AM »
they went back to the old code  ]][
here you go Banzai  :smileC:

Code: [Select]
rtsp://wms.stream.aol.com/aol/us/aolentertainment/tv/2005/cbs/amazingrace/amazing_race_episode_ten_preview_700.wmv

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #77 on: December 03, 2005, 01:12:09 AM »
Puddin!    could you help me gather all the promo shots that show the tee pees with shadows?  I have an idea that at the beginning the shadow points as it would for sunrise.  That I can look up.  Then as teams progress I see the tee pee shadow moving clockwise like the hands of a clock (is that redundant or what!). And it will give some idea of how long the task takes and who gets it done first.  That assumes we can identify which team is at which tee pee.  There's only two doing it so it should be easy.

on my way  :smileC: brb

this might be the dude that shows you what the task is

while im here .. got these from the TV /last EP

to add this : Linz looking through the front of  Wagon while they are on the back

« Last Edit: December 03, 2005, 01:33:30 AM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #78 on: December 03, 2005, 01:50:50 AM »
Long Shot  8-)' but since I was there in my travels..Augusta Montana

http://montanafilm.com/loc3a.htm

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #79 on: December 03, 2005, 10:17:31 AM »
Megan? Female voice: how do you guys so this ?
Walder Bransen : just keep it straight
Linz: woo woo thats going to tip over
Female Voice: this is so frustrating !

And you can see that the Tee Pees are fairly far along.

Maybe the Bransen's decision to do the wagons is their downfall.  The Godlewski's may have learned a leesson at the railroad task by not doing the strength task this time.  If none of the women can roll a wagon wheel, then it's 3 Linzes against 1 Bransen.  That could be a significant difference depending upon how far they have to roll the wheels to the wagons.

Just a thought.  Maybe that photo of the Bransen sister near the Tee Pee is her struggling to roll a wagon wheel and not her riding on the wagon.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #80 on: December 03, 2005, 10:30:40 AM »
There's an indentation on the sleeve patch that gives it a distinctive shape; unfortunately, there's not enough resolution to read the print. It might be a sheriff's deputy or tribal police; it's not the Montana or Wyoming highway patrol (see here).

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #81 on: December 03, 2005, 02:38:15 PM »

AOL preview for TAR8 episode 11 @ mirror 1, mirror 2.

CBS web promo (ep. 11): mirror 1, mirror 2, or mirror #3.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #82 on: December 03, 2005, 04:08:05 PM »
Augusta, Montana looks to be pretty much out of the way if they are coming up from Wyoming and will end up near Billings, Monana for the pit stop.

Route 287 does split about 30 miles south of the South Entrance of Yellowstone, but Route 287 continues on the East side of the Continental Divide and Routes 25/89 continue on to Jackson, WY. But I assume that the ranch at 15200 would still be on route 287. But maybe not.  We do have tease in opening flash credits that Jackson Hole is a location for the teams to visit.

And would it make sense, Chateau, to have the teams go south 70 miles or so on route 287 and then have them backtrack up through Yellowstone to route 16 which would take them to Cody?  Why not have them exit Yellowstone through the East Entrance if this were to be the next stop after the "fake pit stop"
« Last Edit: December 03, 2005, 04:23:34 PM by gingerman28 »

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #83 on: December 03, 2005, 07:00:47 PM »
Route 287 does split about 30 miles south of the South Entrance of Yellowstone, but Route 287 continues on the East side of the Continental Divide and Routes 25/89 continue on to Jackson, WY. But I assume that the ranch at 15200 would still be on route 287.

They must have the "street" numbers posted on the road for EMS purposes.  It shouldn't be this difficult to find the address.  I believe the false pit stop to be around Moran Junction.

For example, this website:  http://www.yellowstonerv.com/largemap.htm for a campground only gives its address as Highway 26/287.

But this website:  http://www.rvparkstore.com/directory/listwyoming.htm  gives the same campground's address as 17800 E Hwy 287, Moran, Wy.

On one of this week's insider videos the Bransen's are giving a confessional at the pit stop and it's still light out so the pit stop is near where they met Phil. 

Also, the vidcaps for this week show the racers in heavy clothing running. There are some houses in the background. Since they are wearing heavy clothes and they are together, I'm assuming this is the following morning after the pitstop.   That valley floor is something you would see in the valley from Jackson up to Moran.

But this would be only true if an analysis of the shadows indicate the runners running south. The Tetons are on the west side of the valley and there are no houses are in the National Park.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #84 on: December 03, 2005, 07:55:54 PM »
remember my cable rots

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #85 on: December 03, 2005, 08:05:21 PM »
remember my cable rots

Thanks, Puddin.  I was wondering how could they find the place so easily while on the road and I couldn't find it searching on the web.   I felt like such a dumb*ss   *8/ *8/ *8/ *8/ *8/ *8/ *8/

.so Pedaler did you get to see this Buffalo Bill ?

I don't know how I missed this.  No, I didn't get to see him.  Your vidcaps of him are hilarious.  He looks like such a lecherous perv.  My impression of Buffalo Bill is based on an old 1940's movie that they used to show on TV.  The actor, Joel McCrea, was much more dignified that the current Buffalo Bill.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2005, 08:25:11 PM by Pedaler »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #86 on: December 03, 2005, 08:22:15 PM »
 :smileC: I'm map handicapped Pedaler ..don't feel so bad , I get places by memory not signs .

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #87 on: December 03, 2005, 08:45:55 PM »
Thanks Banzai!

This would be the Bransens arriving at the Detour.  They are driving (or riding something) along the road that goes behind (shadow side of) the Tee Pees.  And you can see that the Tee Pees are fairly far along.

So they are rather late!

I believe that the Bransens are leaving the detour in these shots -- not arriving. The Linzs and Bransens are doing the wagons at the same time and you see the Linzs riding off in their finished wagon and looking at the the teepee builders as they leave. The Bransens are slower than the Linzs but still finish before the teepee building which looks like the longer task. They also ride off in the wagon they just built and see the Godlewskis (and possibly the Weavers) still struggling with the teepees. I think the Bransens leave the detour in 2nd place (if not 3rd). It's very early in the day so lots of things can happen between then and the pit stop.

A couple of things that might help with the timeline. Looks like they are wearing the same clothing the entire episode (with the exception of peeling off layers from the cold morning).

Detour and Buffalo Bill are early morning with teams wearing warmups and coats.

Chris Godlewski is wearing a watch as she is being molested by Buffalo Bill. :)* When I freeze it really looks like 8:20.

The golf is late in the day as they are now in short sleeves.

"If" the shot of the teams running in the field together is at the detour which I think it is it would almost have to be the first thing they do in the morning, otherwise they wouldn't be bunched up. Notice there are houses on the hill in the background if that might help find the reservation.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2005, 08:52:51 PM by supsandalee »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #88 on: December 03, 2005, 10:00:37 PM »
don't mind me ..just thinking out loud

ETA well this helped ..the Weasels do get pulled over on the way to the pitstop based on what they are wearing when they get pulled over and the insider confessional that was probably filmed at the upcoming pitstop .

at the so called pitstop or what the teams were wearing last Ep

what teams are wearing on the golf course

Bransens

detour

what the godlewskis wear at there insider confessional

what the Weasels are wearing on there insider clip confessional about begging for money

what the Weasels are wearing when they get pulled over EP11

while driving " your driving me crazy ! "

this is the Linz insider confessional

and this is what we see the Linzblings wearing EP11 , what I can see without the heavy jackets

« Last Edit: December 03, 2005, 10:09:35 PM by puddin »

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #89 on: December 03, 2005, 10:17:26 PM »
Just remember that the Weasils are always wearing the same clothes because they were too damn stupid to layer their clothes before they were mugged.  :grinC:

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #90 on: December 03, 2005, 10:25:24 PM »
Hey Puddin -- I haven't looked at the insider confessionals except for the Godlewskis but I'll try to read between the lines:

Since Sharon talks about her bruise from the horse riding and said the sisters colored it in "last night", doesn't that show that the second half of leg 10 happens all in one day? They are wearing the same clothes they wore on the golf course (afternoon due to short sleeves) so the confessional is after the pitstop for leg 10?

Is that how you see it? And if so, we would assume they were NOT eliminated?? (not that we thought so anyway).  :danceC:
« Last Edit: December 03, 2005, 10:48:24 PM by supsandalee »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #91 on: December 03, 2005, 10:35:28 PM »
 :grinC: going to rewatch them now Sups , the links are posted in EP 10 thread  :keetaC:

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #92 on: December 03, 2005, 10:42:58 PM »
I just watched the insider videos and Weaver's says it all. The last thing said was:

"it was a long leg, it was tuff but we made it"!!!

They also said some lady at the campground let them go through some shirts and sweatshirts so maybe we will see them in some different clothes afterall.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2005, 08:38:36 PM by supsandalee »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #93 on: December 03, 2005, 11:30:26 PM »
Oh boy ,Sups Great Catch !! |#'
 and the Bransens have a long confessional ..(posted down in EP10 thread) about maturing girls and all ..

Helping hands ( insider clip Weavers )
Rebecca : we were beginning our hot air ride and we were inside the little basket ( someone gave them a dollar yada yada  )
" it was a like  long leg , it was tough but we made it "

http://video.cgi.cbs.com/vplayer/timeplay2.pl?type=wmv&id=17454

well Chris and sisters are wearing the same clothes at the confessional as far as I can tell
( remember these pants zip off ..long to short )

Pink blouse
Tricia wears her headband around her wrist ,they are still sporting there sunglasses

ETA this
this weeks promo , Chris G. confessional with her sisters :
  " that made me realize that you can never give up "

from EP10 :
after the task was over and the Godlewski sisters, now in fourth place, received their clue, they started fighting over whose idea it was to do the "Spike It" task. (I watched the video over and it showed them all choosing it. The sisters, though, seemed to blame it on Chris.)

After they finally got in the car, Chris began to cry. When the others asked her if she was crying, she said, "Leave me alone! I don't want to talk to you! Leave me alone!" Later, when she was talking to the camera, Chris said, "I don't feel I get the kudos that I deserve. Deep down I know I did everything to the best of my ability. I think that I kicked butt. It's my sisters' loss if they don't see it."

« Last Edit: December 05, 2005, 01:29:57 PM by puddin »

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #94 on: December 03, 2005, 11:49:48 PM »
Yeah, the Bransens actually have 3 clips but the one called "Father Doesn't Always Know Best" will most likely be renamed next week to "Bransens Parting Words" :cryC: although the Godlewskis seem awful bumed in theirs.

On another note, the Linzs are in a really good mood so maybe first place????

Based on the clips and these insider videos (thanks puddin for bringing them up especially with the pics!!), I'm gonna start early and predict the next episode finish as:

1. Linz
2. Weaver
3. Godlewski
4. Bransen - eliminated

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #95 on: December 03, 2005, 11:54:23 PM »
look above Sups I edited the post

ETA this
this weeks promo , Chris G. confessional with her sisters :
  " that made me realize that you can never give up

CBS Press Release :

One teammate's performance overwhelms the rest of the family and gets them out of a potential jam

This could very well be Chris lifting her sisters to complete the teepee task !

also I like your order
Linz first
place Weasels or G-sisters here ( remember the Weasels get pulled over so another team can pass them? )
last place Bransens :ohno:

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #96 on: December 04, 2005, 12:05:18 AM »
I wonder what leads to the Bransen's demise? Guess we'll have to wait and see but it damn well better not be a dead battery!  (:;)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #97 on: December 04, 2005, 12:20:49 AM »
I'm betting it has something to do with Eeyore ( dad ) , we know how easy it is to go from first to last .." one little mistake can cost you the game "
to bad the promos don't give us a clue , even the PIP during the college game was the CBS promo just mixed around abit , nothing new worth posting .
Curious to see the eyemail this week will the Bransen's be in the big picture or tiny one at the bottom? or at all ?

So looking at the vidcaps again I have to agree with you all that the Roadblock/Golf task is last before the pitstop at the Ranch ,any bets on what type of car the first place team wins ? Maybe something GMC- EY  ]][ ? I also wonder how a team of 4 shares one car ?

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #98 on: December 04, 2005, 12:42:07 AM »
So looking at the vidcaps again I have to agree with you all that the Roadblock/Golf task is last before the pitstop at the Ranch ,any bets on what type of car the first place team wins ? Maybe something GMC- EY  ]][ ? I also wonder how a team of 4 shares one car ?

Maybe the golf carts are a hint? They are the new Buick Lucerne. It's not a GMC but still a GM.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #99 on: December 04, 2005, 01:09:12 AM »
Oh and maybe the special Brand New Lucerne golf carts are product placement!! and were only used for the show ? I meant to call Keith back at the Custom-cart sales to ask about the the golfcarts but forgot , he was away when I called |( .

This cart was designed and built exclusively for Tiger Woods by Buick! We are the only company offering this Licensed Product!

http://www.luxurycarts.com/buick_lucerne_golf_cart.htm