Author Topic: EP11 :' The Family Christmas Card '  (Read 34431 times)

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: EP11 :' The Family Christmas Card '
« Reply #100 on: December 04, 2005, 01:38:35 AM »
Oh and maybe the special Brand New Lucerne golf carts are product placement!! and were only used for the show ?
That's very possible; at $15 grand a pop (and a golf bag holder is a $245 option--yowza!), I can't see a golf course, even a fancy resort, shelling out for a fleet of these.

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #101 on: December 04, 2005, 09:02:27 AM »
Oh and maybe the special Brand New Lucerne golf carts are product placement!! and were only used for the show ? I meant to call Keith back at the Custom-cart sales to ask about the the golfcarts but forgot , he was away when I called |( .

This cart was designed and built exclusively for Tiger Woods by Buick! We are the only company offering this Licensed Product!

http://www.luxurycarts.com/buick_lucerne_golf_cart.htm

Guess great minds think alike.  :keetaC:
I had e-mailed luxurycarts and asked about golf courses that carry their carts. They e-mailed me back and said that all their sales are to individuals around the world. I found these 2 places in Vegas also carried the Lucerne but they didn't e-mail me back.

http://www.lvcustomcarts.com/
http://www.koolkartz.com/Buick-Lucerne-Golf-Cart-Overview.html
« Last Edit: December 04, 2005, 07:44:27 PM by supsandalee »

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #102 on: December 04, 2005, 10:10:44 AM »
So the question becomes: Who made the pitch? Who suggested the placement? Did PartyBike and LuxuryCarts approach WRP, or was it the other way around? I'm not an expert in the business, but I'm guessing the answer is somewhere in the middle; in other words, there are staffers at CBS that go out and collect these deals and then "suggest" to producers that they include placements. Here's a quote from Les Moonves, mid-race, about how enthusiastic he is on placements:
“We’re making more and more of those deals: The kind of cars they drive in CSI; the kind of orange juice they drink in Two and a Half Men.”

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #103 on: December 04, 2005, 10:32:38 AM »
This is strange, but if the pattern holds as it has in the past, then the pitstop at Billings, Montana will be ANOTHER NONELIMINATION LEG!!!! This is based on the fact that there was no mention of another TAR castoff family appearance on The Early Show this week. The weekly plug was for George Cluney (again) and the latest Survivor castoff.

But this could make sense and explain why we had reports of four teams flying on Air Canada on July 30 from Toronto to Montreal. Montreal or Toronto could be the pit stop for leg 11 with the elimination of the fourth team in the first hour on Dec. 13.  That would leave the traditional three teams to continue during the second hour to Niagara Falls and the Final Mat in Davis State Park in New York.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #104 on: December 04, 2005, 11:07:34 AM »
I noticed that too Gman but we have this article ~

The $1-million prize for "The Amazing Race" contestants is two weeks away. CBS will reveal the winner in a two-hour broadcast Dec. 13 says Lori DelliColli, the publicist for the show.
One team will be eliminated Tuesday, with three advancing to the finale the following week, DelliColli says.
source

love this site

http://montanafilm.com/locations_03.htm
« Last Edit: December 04, 2005, 11:22:14 AM by puddin »

Offline never0102

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #105 on: December 04, 2005, 12:23:50 PM »
This is strange, but if the pattern holds as it has in the past, then the pitstop at Billings, Montana will be ANOTHER NONELIMINATION LEG!!!! This is based on the fact that there was no mention of another TAR castoff family appearance on The Early Show this week. The weekly plug was for George Cluney (again) and the latest Survivor castoff.

But this could make sense and explain why we had reports of four teams flying on Air Canada on July 30 from Toronto to Montreal. Montreal or Toronto could be the pit stop for leg 11 with the elimination of the fourth team in the first hour on Dec. 13.  That would leave the traditional three teams to continue during the second hour to Niagara Falls and the Final Mat in Davis State Park in New York.

If this is true AR will become the crappiest Reality show ever!! Over a month with no one eliminated give me a break! 

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #106 on: December 04, 2005, 10:23:10 PM »
If this is true AR will become the crappiest Reality show ever!! Over a month with no one eliminated give me a break! 

It's hard for me to criticize my favorite show but I agree -- no elimination this week would be pretty crappy. I don't see why they would do that. Maybe CBS is just trying another misdirection via the Early Show.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #107 on: December 04, 2005, 10:25:51 PM »
It's hard for me to criticize my favorite show
Amen to that sister ..but with that said  Bring On  TAR 9  :keetaC:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #108 on: December 05, 2005, 01:09:28 AM »
last ditch effort , sorry in advance if someone already brought up this place
and this is "IF" the teepee/wagon Roadblock is indeed Bighorn area ..wish we could confirm .

Rolling Hills Golf Course
Rolling Hills Golf Course is a spacious 9-hole course which lends itself to abundant wildlife and scenic views. The par 36 course can easily be walked or carts are available for rent. The gentle rolling hills give players spacious fairways and numerous elevated greens to challenge both your long and short games. Tee times are not needed and green fees are budgeted for family vacationers. Rolling Hills is a must-see when traveling between the Battle of the Little Bighorn and the Black Hills.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #109 on: December 05, 2005, 01:53:58 PM »
just sorting this out ..

CBS Press Release :

ONE TEAMMATE'S PERFORMANCE OVERWHELMS THE REST OF THE FAMILY AND GETS THEM OUT OF A POTENTIAL JAM, ON "THE AMAZING RACE 8," TUESDAY, DEC. 6 ON THE CBS TELEVISION NETWORK

"The Family Christmas Card" -- One teammate's performance overwhelms the rest of the family and gets them out of a potential jam, on THE AMAZING RACE 8, Tuesday, Dec. 6 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Phil Keoghan is the host of the series.

On the way to the Pit Stop, one team gets pulled over by the police and wonders if this will cost them the race. Tensions continue to rise as another racer pulls away from the team to perform a task on her own

Teepees / Detour  , G-sisters & Weasels

G-Sisters

Weasels

Detour Build a Wagon  /Bransens & Linz

Linz

Bransen

drivers ??

Here comes a Wagon, could be the Linz team , Dark horses 

Buffalo Bill / dress up & take a picture with Bill to get a clue " Family Christmas Card "

Linz

G-sisters

Golf Roadblock , teams of 2 , find the orange balls ?

G-sisters

Bransens
Weasels

misc

Weasels get pulled over on the way to the pitstop

" YAY the million $$ is still there !"

Megan talks about Paul Bunyon and makes a funny

G-sisters

Weasels get gas ? maybe ice-cream ?

scenary +

5.    Grand Tetons,Wyoming ( thanks to Slowhatch )

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #110 on: December 06, 2005, 12:03:17 AM »
 B:) B:) taking one last stab at the Golf course ( again if someone already guessed it sorry in advance )

Stillwater Golf Course: South off Route 78, Columbus, MT
« Last Edit: December 06, 2005, 12:13:23 AM by puddin »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #111 on: December 06, 2005, 10:34:30 AM »
I got to see this sequence in a commercial and noticed that in the background there are three teepee frames that have no cover on them or anybody working around them.  The completed teepee is probably the example teepee and the team working on a teepee is the Weasels.  Since this sequence is probably the Bransens riding along on their completed wagon that would indicate that there is quite a gap between the lead three teams and the G's.  Notice that the G's are also missing from the run-through-the-fields shot that seems to precede the Teepee/Wagon Detour.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #112 on: December 06, 2005, 10:35:23 AM »
Are the suits at CBS trying to pull a fast one on us or are TPTB really going to throw a curve ball tonight.  Still no mention of a TAR castoff on tomorrow's TES.  In the past this has always been a dead giveaway clue that the Tuesday program is a NONELIMINATION LEG.  This would bring us back to the early modus operandi when the final elimination occurred on the penultimate leg (the first hour of the finale).  If the first hour ends at a "pit stop" one team would be severly handicapped going into the final leg by losing all its money and clothing (the latter would not be too much of an actual handicap and might allow them to pick up thier pace with lighter packs etc.

Guess we will just have to wait and see what happens.

I've got a bit of a problem with the location of the ranch at 15200 highway 287. Perhaps our expert on sun direction and time can help me out.

From all indications the first teams arrive at the 15200 ranch at around 6PM. And we see that the sun is coming in low through the windshield as the car drives down the highway south from Yellowstone.  After the junction with route 26/89 at Moran, highway 287 heads southeast.  Now when they reach the ranch we have a shot of the gate and in the distance are the high mountains of the Grand Tetons. These mountains are also behind Phil on the rail with the sun on his back (from the west?) The sun is also casting a shadow of the gate from right to left. In other words the sun is to our right (west) so the ranch road is heading south.

Our cars arrive at the gate and turn LEFT ACROSS THE HIGHWAY and the sun is now streaming in the righthand windows of the car. So the car is heading south and the sun is from the west.  But acording to my map this doesn't make sense. If they have continued on 287 then they would be headed southeast and when they turned left they would be headed norhteast and the setting sun should be coming in their left hand windows not the righthand.  Also this is directly opposite of the direction we would have to see the high Grand Tetons ahead of us.

The one scenario that would make sense to all this is that they missed the turnoff and had to turnaround and come back to 15200. Then they would be headed more or lesss north west so when the turned left across the highway they would be headed southwest with the sun low to their right or from the west. This would also put he mountains correctly to the west of the ranch.

This may make more sense for if Wyoming follows the usual practice followed by other states, even numbered lots are on the left or west side of north-south roads and odd numbers are on the right or east side (on east-west roads, even numbers are on the north side and odd numbers on the south side - at least this is how it is in Virginia!)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #113 on: December 06, 2005, 10:44:41 AM »
 )_^>
Gman , your right ..been seaching CBS and no news .
I have nothing to add, all we can do is wait for the newspath to update with info about the latest team being on the Early show or not ..thats normally not untill  3 or 4 east time , sorry .

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #114 on: December 06, 2005, 10:54:28 AM »
This may make more sense for if Wyoming follows the usual practice followed by other states, even numbered lots are on the left or west side of north-south roads and odd numbers are on the right or east side (on east-west roads, even numbers are on the north side and odd numbers on the south side - at least this is how it is in Virginia!)

Here  in California it's even numbers on the east and south!   :nonoC:

Another thing that may have happened is the ranch is located at 15200 on some other road and they just keep the 287 part in the audio track as that is the main road to take to get to the correct area.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #115 on: December 06, 2005, 12:50:57 PM »
Just how far will CBS go for misdirection?. In the TAR video section if you click on parting words you'll see the videos of the eliminated teams. The video listing starting at the bottom goes Black, Rogers, Aiello, Schroeder, Gaghan, Paolo then what do you see at the top?? ... a video titled "the others" which is the confessional of the Linzs at the Salt Lake City library.

I'm not biting. How stupid do they think we are?  :neenerC:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #116 on: December 06, 2005, 01:16:01 PM »
me thinks CBS has given up on this season , thanks for the crappy eyemail CBS :ballX:

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #117 on: December 06, 2005, 01:24:53 PM »
Do we know if teams film their confessionals in the order that they arrive at the pit stop? I watched the ep. 10 insider clips again and looked for differences in background, lighting etc.  The thing that stood out most was the wind. It was calm for the Linzs, just slightly breezy for the Godlewskis and Weavers but windy for the Bransens.
Am I trying too hard to figure out the finish order?  :huhC:
« Last Edit: December 06, 2005, 01:30:15 PM by supsandalee »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #118 on: December 06, 2005, 01:39:34 PM »
I think they mix the insider clips up , check out the URLs ..the numbers arent in order ,how I posted them in the EP10 thread is how they placed first to last .

this is bugging me , see they always put the webclues in the order they happen
the Weasels are already on the way to the Pitstop & the G'sisters are still doing the Roadblock? wow !

One Teammate's performance gets their Family out of a Potential Jam  .( I think its Chris G'sis )
On The Way to the Pitstop , one Team Gets Pulled Over by the Police .Will it cost them the Race?( we know this is the Weasels )
Tensions Rise when one Racer Breaks from the Team to perform a Task on her own .( I think this is Sharon G'sis /Roadblock)

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #119 on: December 06, 2005, 01:42:34 PM »
Technically they've been on their way to the pitstop since they left Utah! ]][

Anyway, the roadblock may be the very last thing they do before heading to the pitstop and the Weavers are ahead of the Godlewskis. They might not be far from the golf course when they are pulled over.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2005, 01:49:15 PM by supsandalee »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #120 on: December 06, 2005, 01:49:00 PM »
I thought about that too Sups  :lolCX:

fwiw , moms holding a blue clue envelope and sis is holding instructions ? or something

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #121 on: December 06, 2005, 02:13:05 PM »
Do we know if teams film their confessionals in the order that they arrive at the pit stop? I watched the ep. 10 insider clips again and looked for differences in background, lighting etc.  The thing that stood out most was the wind. It was calm for the Linzs, just slightly breezy for the Godlewskis and Weavers but windy for the Bransens.

What I was getting at with the order of the filming of the confessionals was that the wind shifted through the afternoon and got very windy peaking at 6 p.m. This is the weather history in Billings for July 28th.

http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KBIL/2005/7/28/DailyHistory.html?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA

Someone like Chateau may be able to compare the background sun and wind and determine approx. time of day each video was shot. That's why I wondered if the teams usually do their video in the order which they arrive.

If they film in any old order than this whole thought process is meaningless |(

« Last Edit: December 06, 2005, 02:17:03 PM by supsandalee »

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #122 on: December 06, 2005, 02:35:18 PM »
We seem to have a lot of unknowns for tonights epic.  We have most of the elements but how do they go together and in what order?

First, what do we have?

1. A completion of the TBC.  Looks like around 8PM when the Linz and Godlyones arrive to meet Phil at the fence.

2. An overnight somewheres

3. DETOUR:  Indian Reservation?  Build a TeePee or build a Wagon

4. ROADBLOCK: Find the orange ball on a golf course

5. ROUTE INFO: Find Buffalo Bill in Cody and get picture of you all in costume with him

6. PIT STOP: A ranch near Fishtail/Absarokee most likely arriving in late afternoon (since it is reported that they must leave in the early morning to reach Billings Airport on July 29.

7.  CBS MISDIRECTION:  Weasels get stopped by highway patrol on the way to the pit stop.

Now what kind of order can I make of this?

1.  After arriving at the 15200 ranch on route 287 they received directions to the Grand Teton RV Park (KOA) located nearby at 17800 Highway 287.  From the angle of the sun and shadows and the fact that the Grand Tetons can be seen behind Phil at the ranch, I surmise that the first two teams (Weasels and BrandedBunch) went pass the ranch and had to return since we see them make a left turn off highway 287 into the ranch.  At this time the sun is streaming in from the righthand windows so they must be headed in a southerly direction. Coming down directly from Yellowstone and turning to the left would make this an impossible shot.

2.  The other teams (Linz and Godly ones) arrive at the fence at about 8PM and drive on toward the "overnight" at the Grand Teton RV Park which has connections for camping vehicles.  They again leave in order they arrive the next morning (July 28) and head down route 287 toward Fort Washakie headquarters for the Wind River Indian Reservation.  But must wait until Visitor Center opens at 8AM.  I think that the DETOUR begins the day and not ends it. The shadows and low level of light indicates either late in the day or very early in the day. If it is late in the day, I do not think that we would have at least three teams bunched up and running together across the grass field toward the route marker box.

3.  DETOUR: Build a teepee following the design of the completed one (white) to the left. We see clearly that the Godlyones and Weasels are doing this task.  Or, build a wagon (or at least gather four wheels, carry them to a body on boxes, attach wheels and then get wagon master to drive them along road past the teepees before receiving their next clue.  We have he Linzzibs and BrandedBunch doing this.  The latter seem to be having trouble, but in the end we have shot of them passing one of the teepees still under construction and one completed one, so the Branded ones are not last.  Aside note: in frame 70 we see a wagon with dappled gray horses being driven but this is just the wranglers driving an expo since we can clearly see the cameraman with Sony BetaCam on his shoulder filming over the heads of the drivers.  Frame 71 we see the two drivers with no one in the back of the wagon.  But during the construction of the teepee by the Godly ones we do see what we believe to be the Linzzibs driving past.  So it looks like the final order of completion is : Weasels, Linzzibs, BrandedBunch, and then the Godlyones.

4.  Clue tells them to drive north on route 120 to Cody, WY and locate a bar with Buffalo Bill inside.  When they arrive they receive orders to change into period costumes and pick up a Kodak digital camera. When they find BB, they must get someone else to take a photo of the entire team with BB. Then perhaps following old scripts they have to go to the local Kodak print shop, print their picture and when it is printed out receive the next clue on the back of the print.

5.  The clue here tells them to find the Olive Glenn Golf Course and there they will find the ROADBLOCK which is for two team members to pick up a special Tiger Woods Buick golf cart and drive around the 18 hole course looking for an orange golf ball. When they find it they must bring it back to the golf pro to receive their next clue. As teams are completing this job it looks like it is clouding over and getting later in the day.

6.  The final clue tells them to drive to the next pit stop at a ranch in Fishtail/Absarokee near Billings, MT. The route from Cody area to Absarokee takes the teams through Red Lodge, MT which has been mentioned as the route they followed from Cody to Billings. Now here could be an alternate location for the golf course. It could be they have to play golf at the Red Lodge Mountain Resort which has a course which seems to be similar to the one in the previews.  This would also break up the trip from Cody to Absrokee.

7.  And when the Wheasels are stopped by the local law, the clouds and afternoon time seems to be similar to the golf course. So they may not be far from Red Lodge when they are stopped.

8.  At the pits stop the one remaining question arises?  Is CBS playing mind games or is this indeed another NonElimination leg? The Weasels are delayed but not enough to come in last.  My order of finish is: Linz, Weasels, Godlyone, and the Branded Bunch bringing up the rear.  The BBs are due to go; CBS has had them "X" already, but this may be another NEL and they are saved once again.

This is all complete speculation and there may not be a grain of truth in the scenario at all, but it reads like a nice story anyway.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2005, 02:52:38 PM by gingerman28 »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #123 on: December 06, 2005, 03:40:43 PM »
Thanks GMan!  A very nice read.

4.  Clue tells them to drive north on route 120 to Cody, WY and locate a bar with Buffalo Bill inside.  When they arrive they receive orders to change into period costumes and pick up a Kodak digital camera. When they find BB, they must get someone else to take a photo of the entire team with BB. Then perhaps following old scripts they have to go to the local Kodak print shop, print their picture and when it is printed out receive the next clue on the back of the print.

Actually, I saw the Canon logo on the flash.  So no Kodak this time!

The latter seem to be having trouble, but in the end we have shot of them passing one of the teepees still under construction and one completed one, so the Branded ones are not last.

I am not sure if the 'completed' teepee is the Weasel's or the existing demonstration teepee.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2005, 03:45:37 PM by Chateau d If »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #124 on: December 06, 2005, 04:14:23 PM »
"Love IT" Gman  |#'

getting worried about the Elim or " Not ? " ,I'm not giving up searching yet ..getting down to the wire .

nothing on the newspath yet ( its pretty late )
Nothing on the Early show or news ,the inside scoop always mentions the latest team on the Early Show

read it yourself , not a word
WEDNESDAY MORNING ON THE EARLY SHOW

Hannah Storm, Julie Chen and Rene Syler anchor THE EARLY SHOW> from New York. Dave Price brings us the weather. Harry Smith is on assignment.

Along with the day’s top news, we’ll also have the following stories:

AMERICAN HERO: We’ll recognize this week’s American Hero as a champion for Chinese orphans. Matt Dalio is a young man who has dedicated the past five years of his life to bringing love and hope to so many children who may have otherwise been forgotten. Matt is the founder of China Cares, an organization that offers assistance for Chinese orphans with special needs.

COLIN COWIE CHRISTMAS: Party planner extraordinaire Colin Cowie shows us three distinctly different ways to decorate your Christmas tree, and three distinct styles of holiday wreaths.

INTERVENTION: There are few things in life as shocking as finding out your child is getting high. Yet over half the kids in this country will try drugs by the time they're high school seniors, and 75 percent will drink alcohol. Some of them will get hooked. Wednesday morning, we are launching a special three-part series focusing on teen addiction and intervention. EARLY SHOW National Correspondent Tracy Smith brings us Jennifer Jicka’s story. Jennifer was a typical teenager from a loving middle-class family. She was beautiful, had lots of friends, decent grades, but somewhere along the line things took a drastic turn, and she plunged into a dark spiral. Jennifer was abusing the anti-anxiety drug, Xanax, and drinking alcohol. Tracy Smith has spent time with this family over the past few months and brings us their story -- from how Jenny’s addiction grew to crisis level, to why they sought professional help to arrange an intervention, and how Jennifer’s recovery is going in Southern California rehab facility.

DRY EYES: EARLY SHOW medical contributor Dr. Emily Senay joins us to discuss the causes and treatment of dry eye syndrome.

CAROLINE KENNEDY: Caroline Kennedy joins us to discuss her latest book, A Family of Poems, which is a collection of the Kennedy family favorites.

HOLIDAY TIPPING: Do you know how much to tip for the holidays? EARLY SHOW financial contributor Ray Martin joins us with advice on what is customary during the holiday season.

EDUCATIONAL GIFT IDEAS: If you're looking for a great toy for your child this holiday season - and you wouldn't mind one that can offer a learning experience, as well - we have some great suggestions for you. Marianne Syzmanski, the President of Toy Tips and also author of the book Toy Tips A Parent's Essential Guide to Smart Toy Choices, joins us with a selection of terrific toys that your child will love, but can also learn from.